PDA

View Full Version : I've been visiting a few Christian boards...

Russ
01-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Posted a few pages from Mormon Doctrine, Gospel Principles, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph, Achieving a Celestial Marriage, and even some pages from LDS.org, thanks to LDS posters here.

Just wanted to say, "Thank You!"

Christians around the world had no idea that:

Jesus is the brother of Satan.

God is married.

Tokens are required for eternal life.

Mormons believe they'll become Gods over their own planet(s).

Etc.

P.S. Why do you think they've never heard?

Russ
01-15-2010, 10:07 PM

I think I know why they've never heard.

"Mormonism creates a situation where potential converts of Mormonism do not have a fair chance to properly ***ess the ultimate teachings of Mormonism before deciding to join the LDS Church." -Hick Preacher

Until you get straight up honest and forthcoming regarding the details of your "church," people will always view you suspiciously.

nrajeff
01-16-2010, 12:09 PM
I've been visiting a few Christian boards...
Posted a few pages from Mormon Doctrine, Gospel Principles, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph, Achieving a Celestial Marriage, and even some pages from LDS.org, thanks to LDS posters here.

--You are correct: If you went to the sources of Mormon Doctrine, Gospel Principles, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph, Achieving a Celestial Marriage, and even some pages from LDS.org, then you DID visit a few Christian boards. Too bad you feel a need to also visit CLDS boards and continue your Pharisee-like attacks and accusations.

Russ
01-16-2010, 01:14 PM
--You are correct: If you went to the sources of Mormon Doctrine, Gospel Principles, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph, Achieving a Celestial Marriage, and even some pages from LDS.org, then you DID visit a few Christian boards. Too bad you feel a need to also visit CLDS boards and continue your Pharisee-like attacks and accusations.

No, really, Christians have questions!

When I show them pages from your leaders, they just can't believe their eyes.

Especially this one:

http://www.mormondoctrine.net/images/gods_over_other_planets.jpg.jpg

Gods over their own planets? Are they serious?

I tell them, "This is what Mormons mean by 'families are forever.'"

It causes grave concern.

P.S. You know what confuses me?

I don't know why you're not pleased as punch that I'm helping to spread the gospel according to Mormonism. ;-)

archaeologist
01-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Christians around the world had no idea that

sadly, most churches do not educate their young or their older members in many fields of study and are so compromised with the secular world that they are without a clue of the dangerous ideas that lurk out there.

i have seen it on this board as well.

Berean
01-16-2010, 04:18 PM
What's even more sad is when there are opportunities available in Christian churches to learn about these things they simply aren't interested and don't care. The majority of Christendom has written off the Mormons and JW's along with many other false religions and views the people in these false religions as "unreachable", "hard cases", "beyond hope".

I teach Christian apologetics and do ministry outreach to the Mormons and JW's here where I live. My pastor has called numerous churches and has tried to get them to have a cl*** at their church on equipping Christians to reach the cults and none of these pastors are even interested. They aren't interested because their people aren't interested.

archaeologist
01-16-2010, 04:25 PM
What's even more sad is when there are opportunities available in Christian churches to learn about these things they simply aren't interested and don't care. The majority of Christendom has written off the Mormons and JW's along with many other false religions and views the people in these false religions as "unreachable", "hard cases", "beyond hope".

it is sad to hear that.

I teach Christian apologetics and do ministry outreach to the Mormons and JW's here where I live. My pastor has called numerous churches and has tried to get them to have a cl*** at their church on equipping Christians to reach the cults and none of these pastors are even interested. They aren't interested because their people aren't interested.

glad to hear you are doing that, thoughi would say thatthe church people are not interested because the pastor is not interested.

there was an old saying when i was in undergrad college: as the pastor goes so goes the church.

i think that part of your problem comes from other pastors, who want to teach their charges, their way.

Russ
01-16-2010, 04:37 PM

I teach Christian apologetics and do ministry outreach to the Mormons and JW's here where I live. My pastor has called numerous churches and has tried to get them to have a cl*** at their church on equipping Christians to reach the cults and none of these pastors are even interested. They aren't interested because their people aren't interested. I did teach a summer series at a church last summer on Mormonism. The church has about 2,000 people attending. Eight people showed up for the cl*** and all but two of them actually stayed around to the end. I guess they were expecting a show and tell where I would pull out LDS garments and show them and then demonstrate the secret handshakes done in the temple. When they discovered that we were going to be looking seriously at Bible Scripture in comparison to what Joseph Smith stated in the King Follet Discourse regarding the nature of God, well, they were bored and didn't want to take the time to learn what Mormonism believes in an attempt to reach them.

Same thing all over. Dwindling interest in cults.

Christians are largely becoming apathetic to the cults. Many are becoming more interested in the "feel good" gospel that people like Joel Olsteen are bringing. There's nothing wrong with feeling good about one's self and feeling GREAT about Jesus. The watered-down, feel-good, pop gospel preachers, however, are straying far from biblical Christianity.

I invited Andy Poland of Concerned Christians to do a Sa****ay seminar at my church last year. Not many showed up. About 20. Those that did, sat riveted for three straight hours.

Andy first presented his own journey into and out of Mormonism. That got 'em interested. REAL interested. Andy is an interesting guy. His journey is interesting.

Then he answered questions for two hours.

Not one person even got up to go to the bathroom.

It was that good.

If you're planning another go, bring Andy. He's like, wow.

Berean
01-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah, you're probably right about the pastors being the problem. This one church had several pastors on staff and they were all clueless on Mormonism. Here in Las Vegas we have around 110,000 Mormons (according the LDS Church News). I told this pastor the first day that I was there that we, the body of Christ, have two choices: wise up and equip ourselves as we should (1 Pet 3:15) and reach the Mormon people or disobey the Great Commission and bury our heads in the sand wishing it would all just go away. Needless to say, neither he or the other staff members came to the cl***. What was more puzzling to me is why they even asked me to come there if they really didn't care anything about it anyway. My pastor told me it was probably something positive they were hoping to add to their church resume that they offered this kind of curriculum. That made me even more sick.

Compinche
01-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah, you're probably right about the pastors being the problem. This one church had several pastors on staff and they were all clueless on Mormonism. Here in Las Vegas we have around 110,000 Mormons (according the LDS Church News). I told this pastor the first day that I was there that we, the body of Christ, have two choices: wise up and equip ourselves as we should (1 Pet 3:15) and reach the Mormon people or disobey the Great Commission and bury our heads in the sand wishing it would all just go away. Needless to say, neither he or the other staff members came to the cl***. What was more puzzling to me is why they even asked me to come there if they really didn't care anything about it anyway. My pastor told me it was probably something positive they were hoping to add to their church resume that they offered this kind of curriculum. That made me even more sick.

What church do you attend in Las Vegas?

Berean
01-16-2010, 04:49 PM
The field even gets smaller with those that do attend because the vast majority don't want to do anything in the form of outreach to the cults outside of the church doors. I recently taught a cl*** at my church for two months on the Watchtower Society. Our church runs about 300 in attendance. Around 15-20 showed up for the cl*** weekly and it stayed that way the whole way through. However, once the cl*** was over I couldn't get anyone to go the next step in joining me in outreach work even if it meant just sitting at their home doing blogging along with further reading or study. Maybe they are just too scared among other things. Maybe I shouldn't have told them about some of my witnessing encounters or what a meeting is like at the Kingdom Hall or the LDS ward!

archaeologist
01-16-2010, 05:31 PM

Either your pastor is right or they were just too busy and felt you were helping them in an area they could not deal with themselves. yes i am giving them the benefit of the doubt as i do not want to be harsh, it is sad that they are this way and you may have to go down to the bible college level and teach there so they are informed before they get to their churches.

The field even gets smaller with those that do attend because the vast majority don't want to do anything in the form of outreach to the cults outside of the church doors. I recently taught a cl*** at my church for two months on the Watchtower Society. Our church runs about 300 in attendance. Around 15-20 showed up for the cl*** weekly and it stayed that way the whole way through. However, once the cl*** was over I couldn't get anyone to go the next step in joining me in outreach work even if it meant just sitting at their home doing blogging along with further reading or study. Maybe they are just too scared among other things. Maybe I shouldn't have told them about some of my witnessing encounters or what a meeting is like at the Kingdom Hall or the LDS ward!
Today 04:46 PM

or maybe, God has a different way to use the knowledge they have gained and it doesn't mean that everyone will join you in the method God wants you to use.

they may not be spiritually ready for such encounters. what you should be focusing on is that you have prepared them in some way and instead of discouraging yourself by looking atthe negative, look at what God has acomplished and keep your eyes on Him to work the rest.

Compinche
01-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Archaeologist,

Would you mind changing your forum display to 'Hybrid' instead of 'Linear'? Your posts get put into lines of threads that do not follow that particular conversation. That way your respnse will be in the conversation it was meant. Thanks!

archaeologist
01-16-2010, 05:39 PM
sorry but i am using the default option and have made no changes to it and will not make any changes to it.

Compinche
01-16-2010, 05:45 PM
I sent you that information in a private email. I would have appreciated your returning the same courtesy but you didn't. I don't appreciate your doing that.

Well, if your church is focused on turning away Mormons, why would you keep your church a secret on a Mormon forum?

Unlike you, I am not anonymous. That is posted on the front our website because out church is serious about reaching the LDS people and people are people with their lack of attention. Our beliefs are listed under Baptist Faith and Message.

The point is, before seeing your 'Baptist Faith and Message', one sees what you are AGAINST! So the order of importance in your church seems to be:

1) To be against Mormons
2) To be for Baptists

Nobody is attacking anyone...get over it and wise up.

When your church's website promotes being against Mormonism as their FIRST line of links, and then it links to thw website MRM.org which is solely dedicated to tearing down the LDS faith, one might see that as an attack on someone else's faith.

I'm unsympathetic to people with their persecution complex.

Dunno about you, but I don't feel persecuted at all. You call it contending for the faith. I call what you stand for being against another religion more than being for your own. I just find it funny that you seem to be complaining that your church will not get serious about fighting against the LDS church, yet that is the first thing your church's website wants people to see!

Our city is flooded by LDS missionaries and they attend Central Christian among other churches. What are they doing? That's right...stealing the sheep with false claims about who they are and what they believe.

Great! Come to an LDS church service and try to steal away the members. You should check out www.lds.org and see how many links there are on the front page about other people's beliefs. ;)

Compinche
01-16-2010, 05:47 PM
sorry but i am using the default option and have made no changes to it and will not make any changes to it.

*Rawr*!!! LOL

Whatever. I'm just trying to help you out so that your posts don't keep getting shuffled into different lines of dialogue. Your responses don't follow in the line of thought of the thread and it makes it difficult for people to follow what your responses are going to.

But if you are stuck in your ways, so be it. :D

archaeologist
01-16-2010, 05:54 PM
that is your opinion and for future references, do not address me again.

Compinche
01-16-2010, 06:20 PM
that is your opinion and for future references, do not address me again.

No, really, it isn't an opinion. When you post in a linear mode you are responding to the last post of the thread. If the last post is talking about something indirectly related to the OP then your response might not be understood and out of order of thought.

Just trying to help you.

For future reference, if you want to not read my posts, you can apply the ignore feature and all my responses will not be visible to you. See? Always trying to help you! :)

Berean
01-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Compinche,

Typical LDS spin on what is NOT the motive of my church and myself. Anyone with the ability to read can read what is written on our website and see the tone and message to the Mormons for what it is: love and concern. I have nothing to hide. You missed the point - when I answer your question in a private email I ***umed (obviously wrong) that courtesy would be returned by keeping it in that venue. That is why that option is available on this format. Learn the difference. If I wanted to give a link to my church's website I will do it in my own profile. I reported the post so I'll let the mods do what they want with your unclever trickery.

Compinche
01-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Compinche,

Typical LDS spin on what is NOT the motive of my church and myself. Anyone with the ability to read can read what is written on our website and see the tone and message to the Mormons for what it is: love and concern. I have nothing to hide. You missed the point - when I answer your question in a private email I ***umed (obviously wrong) that courtesy would be returned by keeping it in that venue. That is why that option is available on this format. Learn the difference. If I wanted to give a link to my church's website I will do it in my own profile. I reported the post so I'll let the mods do what they want with your unclever trickery.

Awwww....I'm sorry you feel persecuted, Berean. You boasted about how 'ulike me you aren't anonymous'. But yet you are whining that I posted your church's website on the board?? LOL....Are you ashamed? Don't you find it interesting that your church's home page has a link to what's wrong with Mormonism BEFORE what's right with its OWN beliefs?! That's hilarious!

It's no unclever trickery to question in public your church's website that you gave me in private. Besides, truth be told I had the website before you gave it to me. Googled "First Baptist Church Las Vegas"....first hit. Saw the Mormonism link, clicked on it out of interest, saw your name there. Doesn't take a genius or trickery.

Compinche
01-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Compinche,

I have nothing to hide. You missed the point - when I answer your question in a private email I ***umed (obviously wrong) that courtesy would be returned by keeping it in that venue. That is why that option is available on this format. Learn the difference.

Your church's website states (under the Mormonism section) "We look forward to ministering to you and answering any questions that you may have. Nothing is done in secret here and all questions are welcomed."

I had a question for you; why are you guys against LDS before being FOR your own beliefs? Your church told me nothing is done in secret so I'm asking here.

Berean
01-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Awwww....I'm sorry you feel persecuted, Berean. You boasted about how 'ulike me you aren't anonymous'. But yet you are whining that I posted your church's website on the board?? LOL....Are you ashamed? Don't you find it interesting that your church's home page has a link to what's wrong with Mormonism BEFORE what's right with its OWN beliefs?! That's hilarious!

It's no unclever trickery to question in public your church's website that you gave me in private. Besides, truth be told I had the website before you gave it to me. Googled "First Baptist Church Las Vegas"....first hit. Saw the Mormonism link, clicked on it out of interest, saw your name there. Doesn't take a genius or trickery.

I don't feel persecuted nor am I ashamed. I have nothing to be ashamed of. Let me spell it out for you, okay? I am not the webmaster and I am not the pastor of the church. I am well within my parameters to give the church website to an individual such as yourself in the venue that I did. However, I don't have permission from the pastor to be giving out the church website on this kind of venue. My pastor may not want the church website being thrown around on a blog like this.

My church has its doctrinal statment "Baptism Faith and Message" listed right there in the index with all the other headlines. What is your complaint? It wasn't the first listing? Grow up and discuss something of relevance. There is no issue with our beliefs...no problems whatsoever. We hold to sound doctrine and rely on the Bible totally and completely as the guide for our Faith. My concern is with the Mormons in this town who don't know what they believe, are confused and have been led astray by the biggest false prophet this side of the equator - Joseph Smith.

Compinche
01-16-2010, 07:59 PM
I don't feel persecuted nor am I ashamed. I have nothing to be ashamed of. Let me spell it out for you, okay? I am not the webmaster and I am not the pastor of the church. I am well within my parameters to give the church website to an individual such as yourself in the venue that I did. However, I don't have permission from the pastor to be giving out the church website on this kind of venue. My pastor may not want the church website being thrown around on a blog like this.

A website on the internet is public. I've never met someone who was concerned that their church website might not be wanted to go out to the m***es, especially in a forum devoted to those your church feels are lost souls. Maybe you can ask your pastor to put a disclaimer on the website that states they do not want it shown to people they believe are not chosen sheep. :)

My church has its doctrinal statment "Baptism Faith and Message" listed right there in the index with all the other headlines. What is your complaint? It wasn't the first listing? Grow up and discuss something of relevance. There is no issue with our beliefs...no problems whatsoever. We hold to sound doctrine and rely on the Bible totally and completely as the guide for our Faith. My concern is with the Mormons in this town who don't know what they believe, are confused and have been led astray by the biggest false prophet this side of the equator - Joseph Smith.

Not just that it is first on the list, but the mere fact it is listed at all. Kind of a funny thing to put on a church's website - a section devoted to pointing out that church's bias opinions of why another specific religion is wrong.

I'm glad you are not ashamed. I have a question for you. It's in the thread en***led "Clean Your Own House First."

Compinche
01-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Let me spell it out for you, okay? I am not the webmaster and I am not the pastor of the church. I am well within my parameters to give the church website to an individual such as yourself in the venue that I did. However, I don't have permission from the pastor to be giving out the church website on this kind of venue. My pastor may not want the church website being thrown around on a blog like this.

BTW, let me spell it out for you too. When you told me what your church's name was, I had already googled, found, and was reading the LDS stuff before you linked me to it.

So you can take it up with google if you don't like the fact that your church's website is the first hit when searched and then talk to your pastor about putting a copyright on the site that doesn't allow it to be linked to message boards filled with potential winnable souls for your church. :)

Berean
01-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Your church's website states (under the Mormonism section) "We look forward to ministering to you and answering any questions that you may have. Nothing is done in secret here and all questions are welcomed."

I had a question for you; why are you guys against LDS before being FOR your own beliefs? Your church told me nothing is done in secret so I'm asking here.

We are not against the LDS people. We are for them because we care for the welfare of their souls. What I am against are the teachings of the LDS Church which is a false gospel, believes in a false "jesus" and a counterfeit "spirit". The god of Mormonism is the figment of Joseph Smith's imagination as revealed in the King Follet Discourse. His famous sermon on the nature of God can't be reconciled with God's Word - the Bible.

I love the Mormon people...enough to have invested years of my life in the study of it and in attempts to reach out to them. You are free to choose/believe anything that you wish. Agency, right? There are Mormons out there that are having serious issues with the teachings of your church and are not able to question what is going on. I know that first hand after having sat in many Gospel Essentials cl***es where most people were afraid to ask a question. I've listened to the accounts from the ex-Mormons at my church who were hoodwinked on the "finer" points of Mormonism until they were about two to three years into when they then were deep as were their families...very cunning.

What makes you think we are not for our own beliefs? I don't understand what you are getting at...makes no sense.

That's right...nothing is done in secret at my church. Why do you think we would have that page listed on our church website if we wante to remain hidden? Again, I don't get where you are coming from. Our house is clean. Our faith is strong, reliable, historical and defendable. My name and email address is listed right on the church website. Anyone can email me and ask whatever they want or they can come to the church and we can talk about it in person.

Here's a thought: How about you crawl out of your heretical, anonymous hole, make a call to the LDS mission president here in Las Vegas and give him my name and church address. He probably already knows me. Gather the missionary kids, bring yourself or whoever to the church and we can discuss the Scriptures all you like. There is nothing I love more than discussing the Scriptures and answering Mormon's flawed beliefs and questions. Just tell the greeters/deacons at the church you'd like to speak with me and they'll lead you right to me with a smile on their face and I'll greet you the same way.

Compinche
01-16-2010, 08:19 PM
I love the Mormon people...Here's a thought: How about you crawl out of your heretical, anonymous hole...

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm feelin' the love. :D

Berean
01-16-2010, 08:48 PM

Excellent...you should because I wouldn't be spending my time here if I didn't. We're making progress. You can do it, but before you crawl out you'll need to cry out to the real God to remove the blindness from your eyes and seek His forgiveness. But expect to crawl again like the rest of us to the cross where you will repent of your sins and give them over to the One who died for them. You won't be able to walk until you've crawled with a broken and a contrite heart to the real Jesus as revealed in Scripture (the Bible). Mormons are dug into their heresy. They will have to crawl out by extending their hand to the Savior to pull them all the way. That is the starting point.

You can return the courtesy that I gave you in my private email and give me your name and where you live. I won't do what you did. I'll leave it there. You know where my church is. I'll see you there.

Compinche
01-16-2010, 08:55 PM
You can return the courtesy that I gave you in my private email and give me your name and where you live. I won't do what you did. I'll leave it there. You know where my church is. I'll see you there.

I never revealed your name nor where you lived. I posted a link to your church's website. That's all.

Russ
01-16-2010, 10:03 PM
website on the internet is public. I've never met someone who was concerned that their church website might not be wanted to go out to the m***es, especially in a forum devoted to those your church feels are lost souls."

Great! Let's have the name of your ward.

Compinche
01-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Great! Let's have the name of your ward.

Go find it, Russ.

LOL...Russ forgets that whole debacle when he was asked what church he went to and he never told. All he would do is tell people to go find it.

More hypocrisy.

nrajeff
01-17-2010, 03:00 PM
No, really, Christians have questions!
---And YOU have fallacy-ridden ANSWERS for them! Do you also tell those Christians that your own church teaches false doctrines, such as the one about baptism being a requirement for becoming a Christian? Or is that info cl***ified "need to know"?

When I show them pages from your leaders, they just can't believe their eyes.

---When I show people pages from the early Reformers, they can't believe their eyes, either.

Satan mates with human women to produce demon-human hybrids?

I wanted to ask, "Was the father of the Reformation serious?"

nrajeff
01-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Go find it, Russ.
LOL...Russ forgets that whole debacle when he was asked what church he went to and he never told. All he would do is tell people to go find it.
More hypocrisy.

---But the rest of the story is the eye-opener. Russ's home-boys in his posse--co-attackers of LDS, and extremist Evangelicals like himself--were given a list of what Russ's church teaches. But they were not told that the church teaching these "interesting" things was Russ's church. When asked what they thought of such a church, their verdict was that it was probably non-Christian, based on the unbiblical teachings it had.

Ooops!

archaeologist
01-17-2010, 03:13 PM
When I show people pages from the early Reformers, they can't believe their eyes, either.

proof for the above and the sentences that followed the above. hearsay is no longer being accepted.

Go find it, Russ.

this bad at***ude provides prrof why mormons have so many problems with others.

Compinche
01-17-2010, 05:00 PM
this bad at***ude provides prrof why mormons have so many problems with others.

LOL....

No, it's called turnabout is fair play. When Russ was asked what the name of his church was he refused to answer, claiming that he was not about to post private stuff on a public forum. He claims he gave enough info for people to find out on their own.

So that is my answer to Russ.

It's funny that you would claim that a Mormon who uses the same tactic as a "Christian" is proof of why Mormons have problems with others. And yet the irony is that you are asking Mormons (iyo, 'non-christians'0 to be the better person in conversation than the "Christians". Shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't you Christians be the example of being the better person to us 'non-christians'?

Russ
01-17-2010, 05:14 PM
I never revealed your name nor where you lived. I posted a link to your church's website. That's all.

Be real. Be a real Mormon. What is your name and which ward?

Compinche
01-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Be real. Be a real Mormon. What is your name and which ward?

Are you saying I am not being real by keeping my personal name and church from this board?

Why did you always tell the Mormons that you would never post your church's name? All those times. You're a hypocrite.

Russ
01-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Are you saying I am not being real by keeping my personal name and church from this board?

Why did you always tell the Mormons that you would never post your church's name? All those times. You're a hypocrite.

It's much to easy to hide behind internet monikers and type, "hypocrite."

Be real.

Who are you?

That's what really matters

Compinche
01-17-2010, 05:26 PM
It's much to easy to hide behind internet monikers and type, "hypocrite."

Be real.

Who are you?

That's what really matters

It's funny to see you write this stuff, given your past refusal to tell many LDS that asked you about your church, even just the name, even its denomination, and you constantly refused, telling us it was none of our business, and if I remember correctly you wouldn't even do it via PM. The LDS found out on their own.

So go ahead. See if you can find out about me on your own, if you are so interested. Taunting me and calling me names isn't going to phase me or make me give in to your hypocritical requests. :)

Russ
01-17-2010, 05:30 PM
"The LDS found out on their own."

lol. Dude, I told them how to find me. All ya gotta do is type Russ Bales into Goolge. It ain't hard.

You can also do this. Just type into Google "Mormon Doctrine."

Ta DA!

And look! There's my mug over there on the left side.

I'm not so much interested in you as a person but rather interested in whether you have the courage to say.

Compinche
01-17-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm not so much interested in you as a person but rather interested in whether you have the courage to say.

Which is why you don't need to worry yourself about my name. You're not interested in me as a person. Those who are, I've told them my name.

Posting your personal information to the world, so that even your enemies have it, is not about courage but stu.pidity.

:)

Not that people here would do anything unethical, like sneak into LDS temples to record, or be complicit by taking the stolen things of those out to attack the church and use them (while claiming they were't the ones who did the stealing so it's okay) :)

Russ
01-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Which is why you don't need to worry yourself about my name. You're not interested in me as a person. Those who are, I've told them my name.

Posting your personal information to the world, so that even your enemies have it, is not about courage but stu.pidity.

:)

Not that people here would do anything unethical, like sneak into LDS temples to record, or be complicit by taking the stolen things of those out to attack the church and use them (while claiming they were't the ones who did the stealing so it's okay) :)

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Compinche
01-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought.

Good. Moving on, then. :)

Russ
01-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Good. Moving on, then. :)

Moving on and noticing that you have many names to describe others from behind the cover of an internet moniker.

Compinche
01-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Moving on and noticing that you have many names to describe others from behind the cover of an internet moniker.

Oh..so you don't want to move on then?

Will you tell us your SS# ?

Maybe you can share with us your bank account # and PIN # ?

No courage?

See, "I'm not so much interested in you as a person but rather interested in whether you have the courage to say." - Russ

Ah, I see.

Anyway, feel free to continue taunting me, you can even double-dare me, or call me a chicken. Which is very weird for someone who just said he isn't interested in me as a person anyway.

Russ
01-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Oh..so you don't want to move on then?

Will you tell us your SS# ?

Maybe you can share with us your bank account # and PIN # ?

No courage?

See, "I'm not so much interested in you as a person but rather interested in whether you have the courage to say." - Russ

Ah, I see.

Anyway, feel free to continue taunting me, you can even double-dare me, or call me a chicken. Which is very weird for someone who just said he isn't interested in me as a person anyway.

It's just a name.

You do not wish to be accountable and known.

Compinche
01-17-2010, 06:06 PM
It's just a name.

You do not wish to be accountable and known.

False. Those that care know me.

Nobody here has any authority to hold me accountable for anything.

You lack the courage to tell us your personal info. Hypocrite.

Russ
01-17-2010, 06:10 PM
False. Those that care know me.

Nobody here has any authority to hold me accountable for anything.

You lack the courage to tell us your personal info. Hypocrite.

It's all to easy to present your thoughts from behind the internet moniker where no accountability exists.

Russianwolfe
01-17-2010, 06:21 PM
It's all to easy to present your thoughts from behind the internet moniker where no accountability exists.

Jus like you. LOL

Marvin

Russ
01-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Jus like you. LOL

Marvin

Accountability exists where names and cities exist.

You are "Marvin." Hmmm. Interesting. :-)

alanmolstad
02-10-2014, 02:46 PM
a silly topic, that went down hill and seemed to have nothing to do with anything of merit....

I find nothing of value in ANY post......

one of the things you should encourage is that if a person feels uncomfortable with allowing out too much personal information, is that such is a "good thing" to feel.

it's smart to perhaps play the cards of your personal information a bit close to the vest at times.

Mormon, Christian, any faith, it makes no difference on that point...

Erundur
02-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Until you get straight up honest and forthcoming regarding the details of your "church," people will always view you suspiciously.
This line is hilarious coming from a guy who won't even divulge the name of his "church." :cool:

alanmolstad
02-10-2014, 03:31 PM
This line is hilarious coming from a guy who won't even divulge the name of his "church." :cool:
a person should NEVER ask about, nor tell about such things on the internet.

It's none of our business,

If a person wants to "share" go back to facebook with your friends.
There are more than enough topics about ideas, religions and teachings to keep everyone busy.

RealFakeHair
02-11-2014, 12:44 PM

I don't care what ward you attend nor should anyone else.

Erundur
02-11-2014, 02:50 PM
I don't care what ward you attend nor should anyone else.
That's great, but do you see the irony in complaining about someone supposedly not being "straight up honest and forthcoming regarding the details" of their church, while the complainer himself keeps even the name of his church a secret?

RealFakeHair
02-11-2014, 03:11 PM
That's great, but do you see the irony in complaining about someone supposedly not being "straight up honest and forthcoming regarding the details" of their church, while the complainer himself keeps even the name of his church a secret?

That is his business, and if he was preaching any other Gospel other than Jesus Christ, crucified, and saved by His blood through belief in Him as your personal Savior; then I will complain. Otherwise it is back to warning you and other TBMs of the gates of Hell waiting for those who believe in false mormon gods.

alanmolstad
02-11-2014, 03:46 PM

Your attempting to gain personal details is not something that I think the forum should allow.

I believe we should start another topic and make it very clear to every guest of this WM Forum that your actions are crossing the line, being dangerous given that this is a very open forum and there is every chance that minors are members of this forum.

Erundur
02-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Your attempting to gain personal details is not something that I think the forum should allow.
Not interested in personal details. Read more carefully.

alanmolstad
02-11-2014, 04:05 PM
http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/showthread.php?3306-Dont-share-personal-information

Christian
02-23-2014, 04:48 PM

I see no problem with it if it is to obey the rules of the board. Do you disagree with the pointing towards errors in folks' doctrines and calling them wrong? When we do that with the lds religion's errors (and there are A BUNCH OF THEM!), you seem to whine a lot about it.

Erundur
02-24-2014, 12:22 AM
I see no problem with it if it is to obey the rules of the board.
Okay, but since it isn't to obey the rules of the board (there is no rule requiring one to be a hypocrite), do you see the irony?

alanmolstad
02-24-2014, 12:41 AM
personal items are best left off the forum......never be too quick to tell too much about yourself...nor be too trusting of people that seem a bit too interested in asking about personal things...

James Banta
02-24-2014, 09:12 AM
Okay, but since it isn't to obey the rules of the board (there is no rule requiring one to be a hypocrite), do you see the irony?

There is a rule about calling someone a hypocrite.. Actions may be hypocritical but people may not be refereed to as hypocrites.. Those are the rules.. Will you obey them? I commit to doing so.. IHS jim

Erundur
02-24-2014, 11:09 AM
There is a rule about calling someone a hypocrite.. Actions may be hypocritical but people may not be refereed to as hypocrites.. Those are the rules.. Will you obey them? I commit to doing so..
That's wonderful, but do you see the irony?

James Banta
02-24-2014, 02:58 PM
That's wonderful, but do you see the irony?

I see God's grace given is the process of our sanctification, but no, I don't see irony.. IHS jim

Erundur
02-24-2014, 03:19 PM
no, I don't see irony..
Oh, well. I'm still holding out hope that someone else out there isn't blind and got a chuckle out of it.

RealFakeHair
02-24-2014, 03:25 PM
Oh, well. I'm still holding out hope that someone else out there isn't blind and got a chuckle out of it.

I am blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, and I am also a hypocrite too. However my hindsight is 20/50.

theway
02-24-2014, 07:52 PM
That is his business, and if he was preaching any other Gospel other than Jesus Christ, crucified, and saved by His blood through belief in Him as your personal Savior; then I will complain.

Joseph Smith
"the fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it."

I guess that means we are Christian and anything else about our religion is none of your business... Right?

Wait for it...... Wait for it.....

LET THE BACK-PEDALING BEGIN!

James Banta
02-25-2014, 08:18 AM

You could do it the same way that Christians are obedient to God.. We want to be faithful and sinless but we still fail (Romans 7:19). We can repent of our failures and go on and try again.. I am sorry for my failings to keep the rules of the board completely. I admit that I will fail again but as I am doing now I will. I will get up dust myself off turn from the sin and go on trying to please God in my words and actions.. That is my commitment, are you willing to do the same? There is no iron, no hypocrisy in that, there is no blindness in that unless it is you that just refuses to see.. IHS jim

RealFakeHair
02-25-2014, 09:12 AM
Joseph Smith
"the fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it."

I guess that means we are Christian and anything else about our religion is none of your business... Right?

The same can be said of the Moonies, but I don't think LDSinc. consider them christian.
LDSinc. must repent of their ***ociation with Joseph Smith jr. and his many false gods, and come to the real Jesus of the Holy Bible, and then we can talk.

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 09:22 AM
The same can be said of the Moonies, but I don't think LDSinc. consider them christian.
LDSinc. must repent of their ***ociation with Joseph Smith jr. and his many false gods, and come to the real Jesus of the Holy Bible, and then we can talk.

You raise a good point.

Walter Martin used to always teach that one of the first things you have to do when sitting down and sharing the Truth is to carefully define the terms you use.

The CULTS are always attempting to try to get away with the use of Christian terms so that they sure "sound" like there is nothing wrong with their teachings.

That is why many CULTS like the Mormons, or the MOONIES will quote many things that make use of terms that Christians use to tell what is true and what is false.

We hear a Moonie say things like appear in the quote from Smith and unless you define your terms it's hard to know if the person is a good Christian believer or not?

So that is why when you define the terms a Mormon will use you see clearly that the Mormon is talking about a "Different Christ".....and a "Different god the father'

James Banta
02-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Joseph Smith

If that was the beginning and completion of your faith I would call you my brother. But sadly mormonism has added to that simple statement. Joseph Smith has been claimed to be the new way to God. Its prophets have said that without accepting Joseph Smith and submitting to the commandments he has given there is no salvation (Joseph Feilding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation).. Mormonism has added to the simple saving faith that is taught by Jesus and the Holy Spirit through Apostles and prophets.. Not a word of the scripture was written by any man whether they were Apostles and prophets or not.. All scripture is given through inspiration of God and is profitable for WHAT YOU BELIEVE (doctrine), for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16). Reject all the false teaching of Smith. Reject the teaching that there are three Gods for this world, reject the idea that God has a body as tangible as man's. Reject the teaching that we are saved by grace but only after ALL WE CAN DO. Accept that Jesus is God that He came among us that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven.. then you will become a child of God and be given everlasting Life by His grace.. IHS jim

theway
02-25-2014, 10:00 AM
The same can be said of the Moonies, but I don't think LDSinc. consider them christian.True that!

LDSinc. must repent of their ***ociation with Joseph Smith jr. and his many false gods, and come to the real Jesus of the Holy Bible, and then we can talk.And here is the back-pedaling...
It isn't just about whether or not you believe in "Christ, crucified, and saved by his blood" ironically Faith Aloners always have the longest "to do list" before you can be saved.

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Just define your terms.....

Who is Jesus?

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 10:04 AM
and we are not saved by "faith"...

we are saved by "Grace" alone, though faith....not by works.

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 10:05 AM
so the key is "What do you place your faith in?"

You can't not place your faith is a false Christ and expect to gain life from it....

theway
02-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Just define your terms.....

Who is Jesus?He is the Christ, the Son of the living God.

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 10:18 AM
Is he the Brother of Satan?

RealFakeHair
02-25-2014, 10:19 AM
Maybe we can get him to say, half-brother?

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 10:22 AM
Walter martin used to warn Christians all the time that the people that knock on our doors have praticed many hours to sound like us.

They use our tearms .
They speak sentences that we speak.

But all the while that have placed a hidden meaning to all they say, , and this hidden meaning destroys the christian faith that was "once for all" given to us, and replaces it with a "False christian faith" with its "False Jesus"

I think I have a YouTube video where Walter Martin shows us how to carefully define the words we use...like..."Jesus"

theway
02-25-2014, 10:24 AM
LOL.... Like I said... Faith Aloners are always trying to add extra criteria as to what you have to believe or not believe in order to join their Christian club.

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Maybe we can get him to say, half-brother?>>>>>>LOL

How about 2nd kissing-cousin on his uncle's-friend's next door neighbors hairdresser's school lunchroom floor monitor?

theway
02-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Walter martin used to warn Christians all the time that the people that knock on our doors have praticed many hours to sound like us.

They use our tearms .
They speak sentences that we speak.

But all the while that have placed a hidden meaning to all they say, , and this hidden meaning destroys the christian faith that was "once for all" given to us, and replaces it with a "False christian faith" with its "False Jesus"

I think I have a YouTube video where Walter Martin shows us how to carefully define the words we use...like..."Jesus"and??? Walter Martin said a whole lot of things which weren't true.

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 10:27 AM
LOL.... Like I said... Faith Aloners are always trying to add extra criteria as to what you have to believe or not believe in order to join their Christian club.

We are simply defining our terms the way Walter Martin taught....

This is how we should do this,

This is how you do this so you dont get mixed up....

Now....Jesus.....brother of Satan the fallen angel?.....Y-N?

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 10:28 AM
Y - N ?

not a trick question.
A simple manner we have to learn if the Jesus you preach is the Jesus I want to have anything to do with....

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 10:32 AM
Now we can move on to what the true Jesus had to say about the path of Salvation.....once we understand that we are talking about the same Jesus that is....

As Walter Martin used to teach us, there is no point if discussing scripture and doctrine with people until you get the terms defined....

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 10:36 AM
see its so important that we get really pined down what people are talking about so that we don't get mixed up.

An example is that i once talked to a person and at first I felt they agreed with me...
I said, "Jesus is the Lord"
and they said "Amen, Jesus is the Lord"

and then i said, "There is only one God"
and the person said "Yes there is only one God, that we have to do with"

It sure sounded right......

theway
02-25-2014, 10:58 AM
Now we can move on to what the true Jesus had to say about the path of Salvation.....once we understand that we are talking about the same Jesus that is....

As Walter Martin used to teach us, there is no point if discussing scripture and doctrine with people until you get the terms defined....Faith Aloners are funny... This whole exchange reminds me of the Looney Tunes cartoon "Fool Coverage"
With Daffy Duck and Porky Pig.

Porky answers the door to Daffy, a pushy insurance salesman, who tries to convince Porky to sign up for a $1 million insurance policy because of getting a simple black eye (although there's some fine print to it).

In the end, Porky is convinced that Daffy is right - the home is full of hazards (having seen all the accidents befallen Daffy), and he signs up for Daffy's policy, convinced all he has to do is get a black eye, and he'll get $1 million. Daffy, however, cackles that Porky should have looked at the fine print - the $1 million is only paid out for a black eye as a result of a stampede of wild elephants running through his house between 3:55 and 4 PM on the Fourth of July, during a hailstorm. Porky is momentarily rebuffed, until a stampede of wild elephants comes through his living room! Daffy then nervously looks at the clock - 3:57 PM. The calendar - 4 July. He sticks his head outside - hailstorm! Porky displays his new black eye and asks to be paid, but Daffy tells him that the clause said "a stampede of wild elephants and one baby zebra" (even though he made up the part about the zebra) - and just then, a baby zebra comes trampling through the room. Daffy, laid out on the floor, picks himself up to wearily proclaim: "And one baby zebra!" before p***ing out.

No matter what I criteria I meet to get the million dollar payout (salvation in the Christian Club) ... Just like Daffy Duck, you'll just add more criteria I have to meet first.

RealFakeHair
02-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Faith Aloners are funny... This whole exchange reminds me of the Looney Tunes cartoon "Fool Coverage"
With Daffy Duck and Porky Pig.

No matter what I criteria I meet to get the million dollar payout (salvation in the Christian Club) ... Just like Daffy Duck, you'll just add more criteria I have to meet first.
Okay, I have no idea what you're typing about? Man I must be dumb, dumb, dumb, de-bumb! OH, no that was South Park!

theway
02-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Okay, I have no idea what you're typing about? Man I must be dumb, dumb, dumb, de-bumb! OH, no that was South Park!Which episode it that, is it the one where everybody goes to Hell and everybody acts confused and asks "Which Church was right then?" And then it is told to them that it was the "Mormons, Mormons were the correct ones".

LOL... Was that the episode you meant?

RealFakeHair
02-25-2014, 11:34 AM
Which episode it that, is it the one where everybody goes to Hell and everybody acts confused and asks "Which Church was right then?" And then it is told to them that it was the "Mormons, Mormons were the correct ones".

LOL... Was that the episode you meant?

Hell, what hell, LDSinc. Doesn't even teach it. Yep, that episode was funny too.

theway
02-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Okay, I have no idea what you're typing about?Follow along then...

You guys first posted requirements for salvation and entry into the Christian Club...
These are all that matters, I do not care about anything else, says you....
I then showed how we meet those.....

Not good enough says you, because you follow a different Jesus...
Who is Jesus to Mormons? you then ask....
I then gave you the answer, which by the way was the same answer Peter gave to Jesus, which Jesus felt was good enough...

Not good enough says you...
At this point it is obvious (just like the cartoon) that anything I do or say will be futile because you will simply add more and more requirements, works, and criteria, in order to not have to pay up.....

I give up.... Becoming a Faith Aloner is just too much work...:(

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Y - N ?

not a trick question.
A simple manner we have to learn if the Jesus you preach is the Jesus I want to have anything to do with....
I ever get an answer in all that?

RealFakeHair
02-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Follow along then...

You guys first posted requirements for salvation and entry into the Christian Club...
These are all that matters, I do not care about anything else, says you....
I then showed how we meet those.....

Not good enough says you, because you follow a different Jesus...
Who is Jesus to Mormons? you then ask....
I then gave you the answer, which by the way was the same answer Peter gave to Jesus, which Jesus felt was good enough...

Not good enough says you...
At this point it is obvious (just like the cartoon) that anything I do or say will be futile because you will simply add more and more requirements, works, and criteria, in order to not have to pay up.....

I give up.... Becoming a Faith Aloner is just too much work...:(

What is a christian club? Is it like the Masons?

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 12:25 PM
I get to make up the secret super-Christian handshake!......it will be awesome.....

RealFakeHair
02-25-2014, 12:32 PM
I get to make up the secret super-Christian handshake!......it will be awesome.....

Sure, but I get to have first dibs on Sealing. I'll give you the left-overs.

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 12:40 PM
Ok,,,I had a few updates to the idea of the Mormon super-secret underwear concept ....
http://www.victori***ecret.com/?cm_mmc=MSN-_-Exact-_-Brand%20-%20High%20Volume%20General%20-%20Computers%20-%20Exact%20MSN-_-victoria%27s%20secret

RealFakeHair
02-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Ok,,,I had a few updates to the idea of the Mormon super-secret underwear concept ....
http://www.victori***ecret.com/?cm_mmc=MSN-_-Exact-_-Brand%20-%20High%20Volume%20General%20-%20Computers%20-%20Exact%20MSN-_-victoria%27s%20secret

I think you just gave Marie Osmond a new idea to go along with her diet plan.

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 01:25 PM
I think you just gave Marie Osmond a new idea to go along with her diet plan.
naah, she would just take one look at it and fake p***ing out again....

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Once again, you have to define your terms.....its the best way to stop people from getting mixed up.

So if we say that we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, then about the first question we need to get straight is on the matter of this Jesus that we believe in.

Do you believe that Jesus is the brother of Satan?

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 04:19 PM
Once again, you have to define your terms.....its the best way to stop people from getting mixed up.

So if we say that we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, then about the first question we need to get straight is on the matter of this Jesus that we believe in.

What is it about this little question that makes Mormons squeal so much and seek to change the topic?
Its a simple question, why so much concern over their answer to it?
If they claim to know so much about the person of Christ, then how is this basic yes or No so troubling to them to answer.

I seem to remember that this question came up during the Presidential election, and at the time I believe the answer was stated...Did all the Mormons forget what the answer was then?

Lets just understand this one point before we push on.

Do you believe that Jesus is the brother of Satan?

Is it so hard now to be honest ?

alanmolstad
02-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Is Jesus the brother of Satan?......Yes or No?

alanmolstad
02-26-2014, 05:25 AM
I see the normal cast of posters here are checking on this topic.......

(very interesting...)

James Banta
02-26-2014, 08:55 AM
I see the normal cast of posters here are checking on this topic.......

(very interesting...)

All the Christians here know and trust Russ... IHS jim

Christian
02-26-2014, 09:04 AM

Not on a forum board devoted to demonstrating the logical fallacies, biblical heresies, and lies of the mormon religion.

alanmolstad
02-26-2014, 09:48 AM

theway
02-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Not on a forum board devoted to demonstrating the logical fallacies, biblical heresies, and lies of the mormon religion.

Yes... Understandable, because the last time he posted his church's name and beliefs, I was able to point out how the beliefs of his church contradicted everything he was preaching to us on these forums. Russ is now gun shy, or perhaps a little wiser... Best to keep what you believe a secret (or should I say sacred) lest someone will ask you to explain your contradictions, fallacies, unbiblical and heretical beliefs.

alanmolstad
02-26-2014, 09:55 AM
you can be a member of any church and not buy-into all the teachings of that church...

I went for a time to a friend's baptist church, but I never went whole-hog into many of their teachings.

i had a girlfriend for a time who took me to her 7th Dayer church...I never once believe everything I heard was correct.

I know many Mormons who I worked with in Seattle, and they told me flat-out that they did not put any trust in many teachings of their church.....

So I think it's actually a good thing that people tend to not swallow everything they hear without thinking....(Im my Mormon friend's case it might save his soul one day, should he leave the church)

But I also believe that Russ has set a very good example, in that while on the internet and on websites such as this, there are people that are out to harm you at all times...
They pretend to be "just curious" but really they are seeking information that they hope to turn around with and attack the person with...

Comments made in a Private Message suddenly posted on the open forum.

Comments made on one topic, used against a person on a different topic.

people who pretend to be innocent, but really they are just evil.

Some people don't even understand what they do to be evil.
They boast with pride how they used personal information against people........they smile and giggle at the thought of sharing how they "Really nailed him " with personal information they picked up about him..

They act evil with the understanding that "their god' smiles at such evil actions....

RealFakeHair
02-26-2014, 10:02 AM
you can be a member of any church and not buy-into all the teachings of that church...

I went for a time to a friend's baptist church, but I never went whole-hog into many of their teachings.

i had a girlfriend for a time who took me to her 7th Dayer church...I never once believe everything I heard was correct.

I know many Mormons who I worked with in Seattle, and they told me flat-out that they did not put any trust in many teachings of their church.....

So I think it's actually a good thing that people tend to not swallow everything they hear without thinking....(Im my Mormon friend's case it might save his soul one day, should he leave the church)

But I also believe that Russ has set a very good example, in that while on the internet and on websites such as this, there are people that are out to harm you at all times...
They pretend to be "just curious" but really they are seeking information that they hope to turn around with and attack the person with...

Comments made in a Private Message suddenly posted on the open forum.

Comments made on one topic, used against a person on a different topic.

people who pretend to be innocent, but really they are just evil.
Here is a head scratcher; there are many mormons who are saved and many baptist who are not.

alanmolstad
02-26-2014, 10:06 AM
Here is a head scratcher; there are many mormons who are saved and many baptist who are not.

Walter Martin was once asked during his show, "Can a Mormon be saved?"

Guess what his answer was________?

RealFakeHair
02-26-2014, 10:21 AM
Walter Martin was once asked during his show, "Can a Mormon be saved?"

Guess what his answer was________?

A. yes, B. no. C. maybe, and D. well it all depends.

alanmolstad
02-26-2014, 10:30 AM

RealFakeHair
02-26-2014, 10:33 AM
I hope you are not holding your breath waiting on the answer?

alanmolstad
02-26-2014, 10:34 AM
I hope you are not holding your breath waiting on the answer?

It's all related....

Martin was dealing with the same issue too in his answer.

RealFakeHair
02-26-2014, 10:40 AM
It's all related....

Martin was dealing with the same issue too in his answer.

Correct, I hate to think I had a brother who was Satan. Now as for my sisters, they were all witches.

theway
02-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Correct, I hate to think I had a brother who was Satan. Really???
Strange comment.

Do tell.... Before you believe you were saved what exactly was the difference between you and Satan?

alanmolstad
02-26-2014, 11:48 AM

neverending
02-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Really???
Strange comment.

Do tell.... Before you believe you were saved what exactly was the difference between you and Satan?

theway, do read 1 John 5:13. As a born again Christian, I not only believe I am saved, I also have God's promise and ***urance. Before I was saved, I was no better then Satan, for I was a sinner; as is all men. Satan knew God having been in heaven with God but yet chose to deny God and wanted to make himself like God. He made himself to be the father of all liars, he is perdition.
I don't claim to be perfect and I am still a sinner but it was ONLY through Christ's shed blood on the cross that has given me a new life, has changed me and I am now clothed in Christ's righteousness, for I have none of my own. Unlike Mormons who MUST prove their worthiness and obey all their churches laws and ordinances and endure to the end in righteousness, Christ changed my life and now the good I do, is not because I have to do good, it is because I WANT to. In doing so, it shows the world that I am living my life for Christ and no one else.
theway, who is righteous? Do you know anyone who can make that claim? For even telling a small, white lie is still a sin, casting a stain on one's soul.

RealFakeHair
02-26-2014, 12:59 PM
theway, do read 1 John 5:13. As a born again Christian, I not only believe I am saved, I also have God's promise and ***urance. Before I was saved, I was no better then Satan, for I was a sinner; as is all men. Satan knew God having been in heaven with God but yet chose to deny God and wanted to make himself like God. He made himself to be the father of all liars, he is perdition.
I don't claim to be perfect and I am still a sinner but it was ONLY through Christ's shed blood on the cross that has given me a new life, has changed me and I am now clothed in Christ's righteousness, for I have none of my own. Unlike Mormons who MUST prove their worthiness and obey all their churches laws and ordinances and endure to the end in righteousness, Christ changed my life and now the good I do, is not because I have to do good, it is because I WANT to. In doing so, it shows the world that I am living my life for Christ and no one else.
theway, who is righteous? Do you know anyone who can make that claim? For even telling a small, white lie is still a sin, casting a stain on one's soul.

The thing I find in common with former LDSinc. TBMs, Is when they come to know the (real Jesus, of the Holy Bible), and accept Him as Lord and Savior, with the understanding of the meaning of Grace vs LDSinc. Work; Then and only then is a great burden lift off their shoulders.

theway
02-26-2014, 02:38 PM
theway, who is righteous? Do you know anyone who can make that claim? For even telling a small, white lie is still a sin, casting a stain on one's soul.You are proving my point for me...
You can't imply that you are somehow better than Satan because you are not related to him; when in fact spiritually, there was no difference between you and Satan. As you stated, Satan is Satan because of the CHOICES HE MADE, not because of who he was related to.

The only difference between you and him now is that you have the possibility of escaping his fate by repenting and being forgiven, Satan can not, because as you stated, he sinned in full knowledge of God, that is the unforgivable sin which even you can still commit.
Likewise Christ is the Christ because He followed The Father in all things that was commanded of Him, He is not the Christ simply because of who He was related to (The Father)

Satan through his actions and choices, choose to have himself be disowned and disinherited. His actions in no way would reflect on Christ. Unless of course you believe Jesus is not powerful enough to reject and not give into the sinfulness of another simply because they were related somehow?

RealFakeHair
02-26-2014, 02:51 PM
You are proving my point for me...
You can't imply that you are somehow better than Satan because you are not related to him; when in fact spiritually, there was no difference between you and Satan. As you stated, Satan is Satan because of the CHOICES HE MADE, not because of who he was related to.

The only difference between you and him now is that you have the possibility of escaping his fate by repenting and being forgiven, Satan can not, because as you stated, he sinned in full knowledge of God, that is the unforgivable sin which even you can still commit.
Likewise Christ is the Christ because He followed The Father in all things that was commanded of Him, He is not the Christ simply because of who He was related to (The Father)

Satan through his actions and choices, choose to have himself be disowned and disinherited. His actions in no way would reflect on Christ. Unless of course you believe Jesus is not powerful enough to reject and not give into the sinfulness of another simply because they were related somehow?

I don't know where you get your doctrine, OOPS, yes I do; Joseph Smith jr. Imaginary mind.
First the Holy Bible says, Satan is a Snake. Jesus is not.

theway
02-26-2014, 02:55 PM
I don't know where you get your doctrine, OOPS, yes I do; Joseph Smith jr. Imaginary mind.
First the Holy Bible says, Satan is a Snake. Jesus is not.
Satan is a Snake???

LOL, That's your comeback?
What on earth does that even mean?

RealFakeHair
02-26-2014, 02:56 PM
Satan is a Snake???

I never laugh at a snake.
Second Satan is a created being, Jesus is not.

theway
02-26-2014, 03:02 PM
I never laugh at a snake.
Second Satan is a created being, Jesus is not.Oh no.... Let's get back to your snake revelation first.

What does "Satan is a snake" mean to you?

RealFakeHair
02-26-2014, 03:07 PM
Oh no.... Let's get back to your snake revelation first.

What does "Satan is a snake" mean to you?

Two things, never pick up a snake and never step on one.

theway
02-26-2014, 03:55 PM
Two things, never pick up a snake and never step on one.Done both....
But please explain how that is even remotely related to your original reply?
Or am I to ***ume that once again you guys are only posting useless pla***udes which have no relevance to the discussion.

alanmolstad
02-26-2014, 04:17 PM
its normal to watch a question never get answered as a topic moves.....

like my question that never got answered

neverending
02-26-2014, 05:07 PM
Satan is a Snake???

What Real was saying in my opinion is this, when Eve was approached by a snake and tempted to eat of the forbidden fruit, it was Satan that spoke to her. It was Satan who had taken a form of a snake who fooled Eve. So I do believe that is what Real was trying to tell you. If I am wrong then I am sure he will let us know.
Now I do not believe any of us ever lived a spiritual life in heaven before we were born. There is nothing written in the Bible that defends that idea. If there is, please tell me but this is what it says in Zechariah 12:1, "The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him."
Let me say this, Satan is not related to anyone! Satan was an angel, created by God along with many, many other angels, the host of heaven. Sorry but your whole post is nonsense. I am not related to Satan! And I take offense by your comment! To tell me I am related to Satan is absurd! I am a human being, Satan an angel who denied God, went against God, cast out of heaven along with a third of heaven and it is because of Satan that this world is so full of evil! The evil of many cults in the world because of men like JS who wanted power and control over others. It is such a shame that so many have fallen for this evil man and think so highly of him, higher then they think of our Savior. A man who's very life, has proven that he was far from being a godly man but a man who was self indulgent, selfish, power hungry and a liar from day one. This man who had some serious mental issues. Please wake up and see how you have been lied to and made a fool for believing in a false god and a false jesus.

theway
02-26-2014, 05:25 PM
What Real was saying in my opinion is this, when Eve was approached by a snake and tempted to eat of the forbidden fruit, it was Satan that spoke to her. It was Satan who had taken a form of a snake who fooled Eve. So I do believe that is what Real was trying to tell you. If I am wrong then I am sure he will let us know.
Now I do not believe any of us ever lived a spiritual life in heaven before we were born. There is nothing written in the Bible that defends that idea. If there is, please tell me but this is what it says in Zechariah 12:1, "The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him."
Let me say this, Satan is not related to anyone! Satan was an angel, created by God along with many, many other angels, the host of heaven. Sorry but your whole post is nonsense. I am not related to Satan! And I take offense by your comment! To tell me I am related to Satan is absurd! I am a human being, Satan an angel who denied God, went against God, cast out of heaven along with a third of heaven and it is because of Satan that this world is so full of evil! The evil of many cults in the world because of men like JS who wanted power and control over others. It is such a shame that so many have fallen for this evil man and think so highly of him, higher then they think of our Savior. A man who's very life, has proven that he was far from being a godly man but a man who was self indulgent, selfish, power hungry and a liar from day one. This man who had some serious mental issues. Please wake up and see how you have been lied to and made a fool for believing in a false god and a false jesus.All I see is a lot if meaningless rambling, but you never answered anything, you only denied everything, but gave no proof other than to say "Nuh-uh!"
And the always favorite line of AntiMormons "Joseph Smith was a bad man"

What surprises me is that you guys think this would convince me of anything except to disregard you guys as a sad bunch of Ranters.

theway
02-26-2014, 06:29 PM
I am not related to Satan! And I take offense by your comment! To tell me I am related to Satan is absurd! "The lady doth protest too much methinks!"

I'm not getting it??? Why are you offended? Everybody here already admitted that there was a time when there was no difference between you two. What has changed?

neverending
02-26-2014, 06:59 PM
"The lady doth protest too much methinks!"

I'm not getting it??? Why are you offended? Everybody here already admitted that there was a time when there was no difference between you two. What has changed?

Who is everybody? And why wouldn't I be offended? You told me I was related to Satan!! Give me a break! And I can see that you can't comprehend the written word. You failed to tell me where in the Bible it teaches that we pre-existed. And you fail to see that that an angel is not the same as a human being, so therefore, neither can be related. No wonder the Mormons are so lost, they can't even think straight. If you are a good example of your church, you're not winning any brownie points here. So, I will wait to read who, "everybody is" and why you think that an angel and a human being are related. I am not related to Christ! What gives me any relation to him at all is through adoption.....I was adopted by him when I accepted him as my Lord and Savior.

neverending
02-26-2014, 07:05 PM
All I see is a lot if meaningless rambling, but you never answered anything, you only denied everything, but gave no proof other than to say "Nuh-uh!"
And the always favorite line of AntiMormons "Joseph Smith was a bad man"

What surprises me is that you guys think this would convince me of anything except to disregard you guys as a sad bunch of Ranters.

Answer me this, is Satan and angel? Are you and I not human beings? Now, how are we related to an angel? I am very anxious to hear your answer to this question. And for your info, your comments for me are full of ramblings from a gullible man who is lost in a soul stealing cult where those who are caught up in, it will stand before God and be judged.

alanmolstad
02-27-2014, 06:50 AM
I was going to say something at this point....but you guys dont seem to need anyone's help in this dance you got going.

theway
02-27-2014, 06:55 AM
Answer me this, is Satan and angel? Are you and I not human beings? Now, how are we related to an angel?You are confused because you are trying to relate modern interpretations of what Angels are.
The term really never existed in the Old Testament, in the OT it mostly refered to any being of a supernatural origin such as the "Sons of God" Satan is called an Angel, but then so was Christ. Any "messenger of God" would also be called an Angel whether they were human, such as Prophets, (see Malachi 3:1) or of Spiritual origin, only since the 2nd and 3rd centuries of the Christian Era did Angels begin to denote a completely separate race of beings. I'm afraid you have fallen into believing modern constructs based on Greek philosophies and Pagan Gods.

I am very anxious to hear your answer to this question. And for your info, your comments for me are full of ramblings from a gullible man who is lost in a soul stealing cult where those who are caught up in, it will stand before God and be judged. I thought you guys believed that we were all born of sin therefore lost to God from the beginning. That being said, how is belonging to a "soul stealing cult" or not belonging to a "soul stealing cult" going to change anything one way or the other?
Unless you are implying that it is UP TO ME TO CHANGE and leave the cult first? If that is what you are saying, then you are in direct contradiction to the "Faith Alone" God does it all heresy.

alanmolstad
02-27-2014, 07:03 AM
you are implying that it is UP TO ME TO CHANGE and leave the cult first? If that is what you are saying, then you are in direct contradiction to the "Faith Alone" God does it all heresy.

You are judged according to your response to the Light from heaven you have received.

alanmolstad
02-27-2014, 07:07 AM
and.....

We are saved by Grace, THOUGH faith, and not by works.

There is a justification of works before men, and a justification by Faith before god.
I cant judge your heart, so when I look at you or you look at me all we have to go on is our "works" to decide if we are truly Born Again or not.

But God looks at the heart.
God knows from the start if we are Born Again,
God sees our faith, for God's Grace saved us via our faith....

So once again, we are saved by what?.....Grace.

Saved by faith alone?....no saved by Grace though faith.

theway
02-27-2014, 07:16 AM
You are judged according to your response to the Light from heaven you have received.According to Faith Aloners the unregenerated will ALWAYS reject the Light.
According to them, God must first force us against our will to the Light. If this is not what you personally believe, then WELCOME TO THE CONTRADICTORY WORLD OF MODERN CHRISTIANITY.

theway
02-27-2014, 07:19 AM
You failed to tell me where in the Bible it teaches that we pre-existed. Anytime you see the word Messiah.

alanmolstad
02-27-2014, 07:21 AM
According to Faith Aloners the unregenerated will ALWAYS reject the Light.
Yes, if a person dies lost it is only because of one reason....That reason is they have rejected the Light from heaven they received every day of their lives...

And, in a very real way, this forum is such Light too......

alanmolstad
02-27-2014, 07:23 AM
According to them, God must first force us against our will to the Light. .

This is incorrect .
God is a gentleman,
God does not kick-in the door of our hearts, rather He stands at the door and knocks.

theway
02-27-2014, 07:24 AM
Yes, if a person dies lost it is only because of one reason....That reason is they have rejected the Light from heaven they received every day of their lives...

And, in a very real way, this forum is such Light too......Once again you haven't solved your paradox, you simply choose to ignore it.
Unless you can tell me how one becomes regenerated so that I am now able to receive the Light?

alanmolstad
02-27-2014, 07:26 AM
this is the problem many have with attempting to understand how Christians believe.

Many who reject the Christian faith do so because they simply dont get a part of it due to it being looked at from a different point of view.

There are two correct ways to look at my own salvation...My way, and god's way.
Both ways are correct.
Both ways sound very different however.

Lets look at my salvation from my point of view first-
I dont know the future.
My future is not set down in stone.
The future is always unknown.
I was not saved for many years of my life...
Then one day I gave my life to the Lord, and on that moment I p***ed from death to life.

In the next post we will look at the same event from God's point of view

alanmolstad
02-27-2014, 07:29 AM
Now we are going to look at my salvation from God's point of view...

God knows all things.
God knows my future from before the Big bang.
God always knew I was saved....
Nothing is an accident to God
My salvation was always God's plan....
My salvation was never in doubt....it was always 100% true from the beginning.
God did not leave even the slightest thing in doubt or up to me to decided one way or the other...
From God's point of view, my salvation was all His work....

alanmolstad
02-27-2014, 07:30 AM
Unless you can tell me how one becomes regenerated so that I am now able to receive the Light?

ask a question.....thats how you learn and how I understand what you wanted to know...
after all, you would not be here in the first place except God willed it for you...

theway
02-27-2014, 08:08 AM
This is incorrect .
God is a gentleman,
God does not kick-in the door of our hearts, rather He stands at the door and knocks.Then you are not a true Faith Alone believer, or a "God does it all" believier. At least that's a step in the right direction.

theway
02-27-2014, 08:16 AM
Now we are going to look at my salvation from God's point of view...

God knows all things.
God knows my future from before the Big bang.
God always knew I was saved....
Nothing is an accident to God
My salvation was always God's plan....
My salvation was never in doubt....it was always 100% true from the beginning.
God did not leave even the slightest thing in doubt or up to me to decided one way or the other...
From God's point of view, my salvation was all His work....Oh no!
Now you are back to believing in your paradox... You can not have it both ways.

If God saved me before I did anything and before I was born, then NOTHING I DO OR BELIEVE WILL HAVE ANY AFFECT ON ME ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

If I choose to believe in a heretical cult, then so what? That will not make me any more saved or ****ed than I already am.
If I do not to choose to follow the light, then so what? That will not make me all of the sudden saved or ****ed either.

Do you see the silly paradox you have painted yourself into? in your theology NOTHING WE DO MATTERS!

Likewise NOTHING WE BELIEVE MATTERS EITHER!

alanmolstad
02-27-2014, 08:22 AM
you should ask me questions so as to go over the issue more

alanmolstad
02-27-2014, 08:29 AM
as i said....if younlook at the question on salvation from one pointnof view you will have only halfnan understanding

James Banta
02-27-2014, 08:32 AM

No one that believes in the god that Joseph Smith invented is saved! No one that trusts their church membership, their own efforts to make themselves right with God is saved. No one that looks to priesthood, temples, or their marriage is the way to eternal live has gained that gift.. ONLY IN JESUS is there eternal life. Everything else is mere shadow of the work He did for us on the cross.. If any LDS believes even a little of Smith's fairy tale they are not saved but have replaced God's truth for a man's lies.. IHS jim

theway
02-27-2014, 08:33 AM
ask a question.....thats how you learn and how I understand what you wanted to know...
after all, you would not be here in the first place except God willed it for you...No... Actually I am coming to believe and be shown that I am here against God's will for me.

I have been shown that there are much more important things I could be doing than wasting my time just entertaining myself with the rantings of AntiMormons. I could actually be helping people who need me and who want God's message. Those people are not here.

theway
02-27-2014, 08:35 AM
as i said....if younlook at the question on salvation from one pointnof view you will have only halfnan understandingThe problem you have is that the other half contradicts the first half.
That is why you feel the need to break up my comments into two parts, pretending that if you do not see them together then they will not contradict each other.

alanmolstad
02-27-2014, 08:38 AM
Theway....if you ever have questions or want me to have a 2nd look at something I have posted.....just ask

theway
02-27-2014, 08:44 AM
Yes, if a person dies lost it is only because of one reason....That reason is they have rejected the Light from heaven they received every day of their lives...No... Not according to your contradictory message you just posted.
You said that it was predetermined before I was born that I would be lost? It was not based on anything that I rejected.

You simply can not have it both ways no matter how hard you try.

alanmolstad
02-27-2014, 08:46 AM
is that the question you wish me to address?

RealFakeHair
02-27-2014, 09:06 AM
Done both....
But please explain how that is even remotely related to your original reply?
Or am I to ***ume that once again you guys are only posting useless pla***udes which have no relevance to the discussion.
Was that you sitting next to me at the old snake handing church in the mountains of Tenn?

theway
02-27-2014, 09:32 AM
Was that you sitting next to me at the old snake handing church in the mountains of Tenn?
No... I live next to open land in California and have to deal with rattlesnakes all the time. I got a dog just for the purpose of taking the hit instead of the kids. Dog died the second time.

alanmolstad
02-27-2014, 09:38 AM
is that the question you wish me to address?
See I have to ask this as Im not sure the stuff you want me to talk about and I know how bothersome it can be when a guy answers the wrong question.

RealFakeHair
02-27-2014, 10:06 AM
No... I live next to open land in California and have to deal with rattlesnakes all the time. I got a dog just for the purpose of taking the hit instead of the kids. Dog died the second time.

My golf ball landed next to a pile of rocks; don't know how that happened seeing I am a 2 handicap, lol! Anyways, in them rocks was a water moccasin. So I got free relief, but still double bogey!

neverending
02-27-2014, 10:26 AM

Hey, if you're going to be here you need to know that Real Fake Hair is a funny guy. He often lightens up this place with one liners such as this one. Laugh, it does a body good. I am sorry that your dog died :( and wish there was a way to rid your yard of snakes, where's St. Patrick when you need him? :D I would have to move.

theway
02-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Hey, if you're going to be here you need to know that Real Fake Hair is a funny guy. He often lightens up this place with one liners such as this one. Laugh, it does a body good. I am sorry that your dog died :( and wish there was a way to rid your yard of snakes, where's St. Patrick when you need him? :D I would have to move. I knew that... I am not as gullible as you claim I am. It just wasn't that clever or funny.

James Banta
02-27-2014, 12:14 PM
I knew that... I am not as gullible as you claim I am. It just wasn't that clever or funny.

That is what I say about British humor, but there are people that find it to be hilarious.. Up Jay Leno, down John Cleese.. IHS jim

theway
02-27-2014, 12:45 PM
That is what I say about British humor, but there are people that find it to be hilarious.. Up Jay Leno, down John Cleese.. IHS jimOh come on....
Monty Python and the Holy Grail is the funniest movie ever written.

Now what I don't get is how anyone ever thought that Mel Brooks or anything he did was funny????

RealFakeHair
02-27-2014, 01:22 PM
Oh come on....

Now what I don't get is how anyone ever thought that Mel Brooks or anything he did was funny????
Now I know why you are mormon. It is the left-right brain thing I guess.
Monty Python, Holy Grail, NO WAY!!!!!! Come on Blazing Saddles and Springtime for Hitler, way better, I think?

alanmolstad
02-27-2014, 01:41 PM
No... Not according to your contradictory message you just posted.
You said that it was predetermined before I was born ....

I started a new topic where we can dig into this topic
http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/showthread.php?3320-different-yet-in-union&p=153143#post153143

I will be paying attention should you or anyone else have a question about how this all works with "salvation" and "freewill"

theway
02-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Now I know why you are mormon. It is the left-right brain thing I guess.
Monty Python, Holy Grail, NO WAY!!!!!! Come on Blazing Saddles and Springtime for Hitler, way better, I think?actually this explains why I don't find anything you say funny.

RealFakeHair
02-27-2014, 01:57 PM
actually this explains why I don't find anything you say funny.

That hurt!

James Banta
02-27-2014, 02:01 PM
Oh come on....

I guess I am too old for this stuff.. I like Abbot and Costello.. "Who's on first" (Greatest comic routine of all time).. Still I find Jay Leno a high cl*** comic, one worth seeing anytime. NBC has been stupid twice in firing him..

The Holy Grail's image of God has often reminded me of mormonism's view.. MAYBE THAT IS WHY I HATE THAT MOVIE SO MUCH.. IHS jim

theway
02-27-2014, 02:03 PM
That hurt!
It's only out of love that I am compelled to tell you heretical Mel Brooks believes the truth.

RealFakeHair
02-27-2014, 02:05 PM
I guess I am too old for this stuff.. I like Abbot and Costello.. Who's on first.. Still I find Jay Leno a high cl*** comic, one worth seeing anytime NBC have been stupid twice in firing him.. IHS jim

Without looking it up dose anyone know where the Laurel and Hardy Museum is located?
If you don't know I bet you'll never guess.

James Banta
02-27-2014, 02:30 PM
Without looking it up dose anyone know where the Laurel and Hardy Museum is located?

Tell us.. I haven't a clue.. never liked them much..

RealFakeHair
02-27-2014, 02:35 PM

Harlem Georgia,

theway
02-27-2014, 03:15 PM
If you don't know I bet you'll never guess.I bet you'll never guess where the Abbot and Costello Museum is?:)

RealFakeHair
02-27-2014, 03:26 PM
I bet you'll never guess where the Abbot and Costello Museum is?:)

I know it aint it Harlem Georgia. My guess is PumpKinTown South Carolina

Christian
03-04-2014, 10:44 AM
Yes... Understandable, because the last time he posted his church's name and beliefs, I was able to point out how the beliefs of his church contradicted everything he was preaching to us on these forums. Russ is now gun shy, or perhaps a little wiser... Best to keep what you believe a secret (or should I say sacred) lest someone will ask you to explain your contradictions, fallacies, unbiblical and heretical beliefs.

I have posted that I am a member of a Conservative Baptist church and believe as they do. So far nobody has found any fallacies, contradictions, unbiblical or heretical beleifs in what I believe. Some have pretended I believe strange things THEY have made up, but of course that is stupid.

I believe you should have an answer for the faith that is in you.

RealFakeHair
03-04-2014, 11:05 AM
I have posted that I am a member of a Conservative Baptist church and believe as they do. So far nobody has found any fallacies, contradictions, unbiblical or heretical beleifs in what I believe. Some have pretended I believe strange things THEY have made up, but of course that is stupid.

I believe you should have an answer for the faith that is in you.

Someone once asked me what was my christian faith and I answered, "Baptist." Then they asked was I born in the faith, and I answered, "Yes." Then they asked if I hadn't been born a Baptist, what do I think I would be? I answered. "I'd be ashamed of myself.

theway
03-04-2014, 05:49 PM
I know it aint it Harlem Georgia. My guess is PumpKinTown South Carolina
No.. it's There.

Ma'am
03-06-2014, 09:46 AM
I think I know why they've never heard.

"Mormonism creates a situation where potential converts of Mormonism do not have a fair chance to properly ***ess the ultimate teachings of Mormonism before deciding to join the LDS Church." -Hick Preacher

From what I have read, missionaries don't give potential converts the more bizarre doctrines of the LDS--they find out about it if and when they join the LDS and are baptized and then start to get really involved in the church and its many activities. Most are shocked at the more ridiculous doctrines, like the ones you mention on here.

RealFakeHair
03-06-2014, 12:34 PM
From what I have read, missionaries don't give potential converts the more bizarre doctrines of the LDS--they find out about it if and when they join the LDS and are baptized and then start to get really involved in the church and its many activities. Most are shocked at the more ridiculous doctrines, like the ones you mention on here.

It is called milk before meat, or lets brainwash them first!

Phoenix
03-06-2014, 04:44 PM

How is that different from the traditional christian process of initially telling them "Just believe that Jesus died for your sins, and voila, you're saved!" and then later giving them the bad news about the fine print that goes "Oh, and by the way, you also need to believe that Jesus isn't a being, He, His Father, and the Holy Spirit are, all together, a being called The Trinity, which great minds have vainly tried, over the centuries, to actually explain....but if you don't believe this about Jesus, then you can't be saved, just thought you should know...." ?

RealFakeHair
03-07-2014, 09:10 AM
How is that different from the traditional christian process of initially telling them "Just believe that Jesus died for your sins, and voila, you're saved!" and then later giving them the bad news about the fine print that goes "Oh, and by the way, you also need to believe that Jesus isn't a being, He, His Father, and the Holy Spirit are, all together, a being called The Trinity, which great minds have vainly tried, over the centuries, to actually explain....but if you don't believe this about Jesus, then you can't be saved, just thought you should know...." ?

It is all about believing in Jesus, however we are not talking about your Gardner.

alanmolstad
01-29-2015, 09:14 AM

Just wanted to say, "Thank You!"

Christians around the world had no idea that:

Jesus is the brother of Satan.

God is married.

Tokens are required for eternal life.

Mormons believe they'll become Gods over their own planet(s).

Etc.

It truly is good that from time to time we keep in mind that not everyone knows all the stuff a person should know about the world of the CULTS...
Except for when Mitt runs for President we don't hear too much about the Mormon teaching that Jesus and Satan are brothers.

dberrie2000
02-02-2015, 06:48 AM

Is your claim that Paul brainwashed those whom he preached to?

1 Corinthians 3:2----King James Version (KJV)
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Christian
02-02-2015, 07:32 AM
Joseph Smith

Your joey smith also tells us that YOUR 'jesus' is a spirit-brother of satan. The Jesus of another cult is just an 'idea of God.'

Following false prophets and false christs will get you only into the pits of ****.

Jesus told us:

Matt 24:24-25
24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
NKJV

Following false christs and false prophets does not make you "real" Christians. It just makes you 'word-game' christians.

dberrie2000
02-02-2015, 08:56 AM
[B][COLOR=#0000ff]Your joey smith also tells us that YOUR 'jesus' is a spirit-brother of satan.

Jesus confirmed that spirits share the same Father as He does:

John 20:17---King James Version (KJV)
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.[B]

If you believe there are any spirits that God the Father is not the Father of--please identify the other God who might be.

The scriptures have God the Father as the Father of all spirits--that includes satan, mankind's spirit--and Christ's Spirit:

[B]Hebrews 12:9--King James Version (KJV)
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

If you have any exceptions to that--please let us know.

alanmolstad
08-19-2017, 06:30 AM
Jesus is God Almighty
The Deity is eternal, without beginning, without ending...

The human nature of Jesus was his in the womb of Mary.

All things were made by Jesus...all things, not all other things.

All things were made by Jesus.

Within his human nature Jesus is our brother...

Within his divine nature Jesus is always God almighty the creator of all things.

Christian
08-21-2017, 02:03 PM

And YOUR ward is. . .?????. . .

Is the 'guy' you refer to. . .YOU?

Christian
08-21-2017, 02:10 PM

I believe that is called 'tough love,' the kind you give when you spank a child for running out into the street without looking for cars. . .

Prov 13:24
24 He who spares his rod hates his son,
But he who loves him disciplines him promptly.
NKJV

Don't you believe in disciplining your children when their (eternal) lives are at stake?

Or haven't you come out of that room in your mommy's basement yet to marry and HAVE children?

Erundur
08-21-2017, 02:58 PM
And YOUR ward is. . .?????. . .
None of your business.

Is the 'guy' you refer to. . .YOU?
Nope. Watch this:

The name of my church is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The name of yours is ...?

dberrie2000
09-29-2017, 08:35 AM
Within his human nature Jesus is our brother...

Within his divine nature Jesus is always God almighty the creator of all things.

Jesus was not referring to His human nature when He testified to this truth:

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

alanmolstad
09-30-2017, 05:19 AM
Jesus was not referring to His human nature when He testified to this truth:

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

yes he was....

The Father is the God that Jesus prayed to and had to rely on for all that he did....just as I do.

Jesus shares in our human-ness.

If Jesus did not share with us this in common, then his resurrection would not be a guide for our own.

But the Bible tells us that as God raised Jesus from the dead, so to he will cause my mortal dead body to be raised...
The resurrection of Jesus is my guide to my own one day....

So when Jesus talked about going to the Father, it shows me what I will do too one day...

For at the resurrection I will rise up out of the grave, and go up to be with the Lord in the air just as Jesus did!

dberrie2000
09-30-2017, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post Jesus was not referring to His human nature when He testified to this truth:

yes he was....

Please do explain for us how man shares the same Father with Jesus in the flesh--when Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son, IE--He was the only man ever born to this earth with a earthly mother--and a Heavenly Father, as to the flesh--in the natural birth.

That is one thing which made Him unique, as to the flesh.

Jesus did not share the same Father as mankind--as to the fleshly natural birth--all other men had earthly fathers--Jesus Christ had a heavenly Father, as to His natural flesh birth here on this earth.

John 1:14---King James Version (KJV)
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

alanmolstad
09-30-2017, 02:12 PM
Please do explain for us how man shares the same Father with Jesus in the flesh--when Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son, IE--He was the only man ever born to this earth with a earthly mother--and a Heavenly Father, as to the flesh--in the natural birth.

Jesus is both God and Man.

Jesus is fully 100% God Almighty|
Jesus is fully 100% human.

Thus you have your answer.
From the scriptures we see that Jesus is as human as I am......and being in very nature Jesus is as much God as the Father is God.

So the two totally different natures are at work within the person of Jesus.

So Jesus is not a half-breed

Jesus is not 50% human and 50% a god.....

Jesus is not the result of a divine being having sexual union with a human female.

He is 100% human...and 100% God almighty...