PDA

View Full Version : Did Capstone just let out?

Mark Beesley
03-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Given the activity on this and another Board, I get the sense that somebody's conference has ended and the participants were urged to get involved in these internet discussions. Which means old arguments are going to be raised by new people who have been tutored by old people who can't come up with any new arguments. Thanks a lot Chip & Co. :rolleyes:

grindael
03-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Perhaps if Mormon Prophets came up with some 'new' revelations or Doctrines, there might be something NEW worth discussing. But Alas, according to Hinckley, you don't need much 'revelation' any more, you got enough. I'm still waiting for a Prophet to weigh in on where the archeological evidence for the BOM is, or why DNA evidence shows the Native Americans are not descendants of the Lamanites, or why they changed the BOM preface to reflect that, or perhaps why they changed the BOM to read that descendants of the Lamanites would become 'pure & delightsome' instead of 'white & delightsome, after Young and the bunch changed it back after the 1840 edition. All we get from Mormons are 'speculations' and 'opinions' from those they sustain as authorities, but are not authorities on anything. Then, when we quote them we get well, 'it's all just opinion'. So yes, there are those old issues, major issues that are still there and always will be because they have never been refuted by the Mormons.

Russ
03-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Given the activity on this and another Board, I get the sense that somebody's conference has ended and the participants were urged to get involved in these internet discussions. Which means old arguments are going to be raised by new people who have been tutored by old people who can't come up with any new arguments. Thanks a lot Chip & Co. :rolleyes:

I attended the Capstone conference both nights {er, Friday night and Sa****ay during the day}. It was awesome! A few Mormons attended too.

The old arguments are still on the table because they are noteworthy.

Mormon apologists believe that their answers are substantial.

Christians apologists aren't buying it.

The debate continues.... and Jesus still isn't the brother of Satan.

alanmolstad
02-05-2014, 11:43 AM
and Jesus still isn't the brother of Satan.

I think this is one of the most important teachings that people should bring up with new people who are asking questions about the Mormons.

Do you really want to be connected to a church that thinks our Lord Jesus and Satan are brothers?

John T
02-05-2014, 11:49 AM
I think this is one of the most important teachings that people should bring up with new people who are asking questions about the Mormons.

Do you really want to be connected to a church that thinks our Lord Jesus and Satan are brothers?

Curious.

This is the second recent post from you that is taking a post almost 4 years old and dredgubg it back up. WHY are you doing that?

alanmolstad
02-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Curious.

This is the second recent post from you that is taking a post almost 4 years old and dredgubg it back up. WHY are you doing that?
I think the issues raised are interesting...I think its good that from time to time we go over some issues that some newer members of this forum never saw yet.

I also thank Jill for keeping all the old topics being able to still post on them as its a lot of fun to see how some people have changed over time...lol

AND ..as far as I know, no one is forced to participate ....

So for people that enjoy looking at some of the issues I have posted on that have come up here before, please jump right in!
and for the posters that really like to deal with only fresh topics, you are in luck too, for just today i started a few new topics that you can dig right into.