PDA

View Full Version : People Who Turn Into Mormons

Sir
02-08-2011, 11:39 AM
It's interesting to see a resident critic of Mormons claim that Mormons are simply programmed robots that cannot think for themselves and regurgitate responses like a pavlovian dog. But a simple search from this poster reveals who the true "programmed responder" is:

(oddly enough these all come from just 2009, but we find them surfacing again just today):

“This is what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (12/16/09)

“Observe how the Mormon refuses to interact but just automatically deferrs to his mind-control masters. This is what happens to the minds of people who turn into Mormons.” (11/10/09)

“This is what happens to people who turn into Mormons folks. Mindless regurgitation of the party line. Avoid all thought. Do what you are told.” (11/10/09)

“Its amazing how Mormons can commit two and sometimes three fallacies in just one sentence. But such irrationality is what happens in the minds of people who turn into Mormons.”
“This is how Mormons are conditioned to react. Don't think; turn to the leader.” (10/21/09)

“I have shown changes in doctrine, but you have said that change is not "change" and are in a state of clinical denial. This is what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (10/3/09)

“But you are a Mormon and you have been mentally conditioned to think that you are a God and therefore cannot be wrong. Here again, this is what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (10/3/09)

“Ask Fig to answer his own question after you **** his doors off, and he is instantly reduced to name-calling. This is what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (9/29/09)

“My only purpose here is to draw Mormons out into the glaring daylight of truth so that any and all interested parties can see for themselves what happens to the minds of people who turn into Mormons.” (9/27/09)

“It is an amazingly stoooopid question. I just want to let it hang out there for all to see what happens to the minds of those people who turn into Mormons” (9/21/09)

“This is what happens to people who turn into Mormons and I thank you for demonstrating that in public for us.” (9/21/09)

“It is indeed "interesting" to see what happens in the minds of people who turn into Mormons” (9/17/09)

“I have drawn you out so that any and all interested parties can see for themselves what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (9/17/09)
“This is what happens to the minds of people who turn into Mormons.” (9/17/09)

“This is what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (9/1/09)
“Now, I just need you to keep trotting these hopelessly silly excuses out in public so that OTHERS can see what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (9/1/09)

“I can only thank you for actually providing yet another public demonstration of what happens to the minds of people who turn into Mormons.” (8/31/09)

“Only a Mormon would still think that Smith's words were some kind of a "prophecy" in light of that proven FACT.
That is what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (8/31/09)

“Its pathetic man, but it DOES serve once again to show what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (8/31/09)

“And your desperate reaching will be yet another excellent (though tragic) display of what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (8/29/09)

“LOL ...what's too bad, son, is that when confronted with the FACTS that prove the bluntly obvious FALSE prophecy of the founder of your religion, you retreat behind the usual vague, unsupported re-interpretations of the "prophecy" so that you can continue to look directly at what has just been proven to be FALSE and still pretend it's true.
This is what happens to the minds of people who turn into Mormons.” (8/27/09)

“This is AMAZINGLY powerful mind control at work, folks. This is what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (8/22/09)

“This is what happens to the minds of people who turn into Mormons.” (8/21/09)

“Oh my ...you poor, poor deceived guy. This is what happens to people who turn into Mormons” (8/14/09)

“But ...that is what Mormons are TRAINED to do. And just like trained cats, you jump through hoops right on cue.
Its pathetic to see what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (7/25/09)

“Please DO keep bumping this up to the top. That makes it EASY for all to see your behaviors and your behavior here fully demonstrates what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (7/21/09)

“I can only thank you for providing yet another public display of what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (6/24/09)

“See what happens to people when they turn into Mormons...?” (6/21/09)

“Or ...don't and just continue to demonstrate what happens to people when they turn into Mormons” (6/17/09)

“Only to draw you out into the open so that any and all interested parties can see for themselves what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (6/16/09)

“This is all good. MANY people can now easily come here and clearly see for themselves what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (6/8/09)

“But again, this is REALLY good stuff. I think folks need to see what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (5/20/09)

“I can only thank you for actually DEMONSTRATING what happens to people who turn into Mormons.” (5/1/09)

“You are providing a very valuable pubic service here Richard. People need to see examples of what happens to their minds if they turn into Mormons.” (4/27/09)

Sir
02-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Whatever happened to, we aren't against the Mormon people, we are against Mormon doctrine?

One critic, at least, made the admission that to be against Mormon people automatically includes being against Mormon doctrine.

B2M5L2
02-08-2011, 01:15 PM
It's interesting to see a resident critic of Mormons claim that Mormons are simply programmed robots that cannot think for themselves and regurgitate responses like a pavlovian dog.

Why is that interesting? Personally, anyone who converts to cultism, or is born and raised in a cult, is tragic. They're been led down the broad path to destruction. Yet, you find that "interesting"? How so?

Sir
02-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Why is that interesting? Personally, anyone who converts to cultism, or is born and raised in a cult, is tragic. They're been led down the broad path to destruction. Yet, you find that "interesting"? How so?

Here, let me help you out. When someone goes around attacking others as non-thinkers, robots, or programmed to give a certain response, it shows complete hypocrisy and is also quite ironic that the same person MAKING those claims against others is actually, demonstrably, DOING the very thing he is accusing others of doing.

You don't find it a bit funny that someone tells Mormons they have pre-programmed responses, and then that same person actually uses the same exact taunts, ad hominems, and disparaging one-liners while making these attacks about others?

Second, it is interesting because it goes to show that the issues are not what is important to some attackers of Mormons/ Mormonism. As was already stated, this particular poster's reason for asking questions of Mormons isn't to actually receive an answer, it is to hopefully help make a case against the Mormon people and their minds.

This is exactly what the Pharisees did. They asked questions, not for the answers, not that they would change their beliefs given the answers anyway, but simply to try and demonize and fault-find and hope to lift themselves up.

B2M5L2
02-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Whatever happened to, we aren't against the Mormon people, we are against Mormon doctrine?

One critic, at least, made the admission that to be against Mormon people automatically includes being against Mormon doctrine.

Personally, there are only certain Mormons that I would be against. Those who openly lie about their beliefs, viciously libel their critics, and purposely strategize to lead people astray or avoid answering questions and criticisms to do the same, like many of those who hang around these kinds of forums, are those I dislike.

Other Mormons, though, who are not the arrogant, militant, bottom-feeders, and want to be respectful and neighborly, are just good people in the human sense. But, those type don't show up in these forums very often.

So, I'm against both the Mormon and his doctrine, especially those who come looking for war, but do so in a cowardly way, like their father the devil would. And most of the time that is all that visit places like this, because the remainder of the Mormon community, like most of the Muslim community, are simply busy trying to be good neighbors, mind their own business, and live law-abiding, decent lives.

B2M5L2
02-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Here, let me help you out. When someone goes around attacking others as non-thinkers, robots, or programmed to give a certain response, it shows complete hypocrisy and is also quite ironic that the same person MAKING those claims against others is actually, demonstrably, DOING the very thing he is accusing others of doing.

How is this explanation helpful, when I asked you why it is interesting that someone is caught up in a cult? What is interesting about that, when I find it to be tragic?

You don't find it a bit funny that someone tells Mormons they have pre-programmed responses, and then that same person actually uses the same exact taunts, ad hominems, and disparaging one-liners while making these attacks about others?

It sounds like to me that you possess the same persecution complex that so many Mormons do, and instead of taking into account what is being said, you would rather do, as you allude to above, the very thing that you ***ume others are already doing. And when you do that, then I still don't see where that is being helpful in answering the question of what you find so interesting about someone being caught in a cult.

Second, it is interesting because it goes to show that the issues are not what is important to some attackers of Mormons/ Mormonism. As was already stated, this particular poster's reason for asking questions of Mormons isn't to actually receive an answer, it is to hopefully help make a case against the Mormon people and their minds.

This explanation is no more helpful than your previous one. If you have a personal issue with someone, then why not take it up in private with them, than engage in this nebulous kind of he-said, she-said type of monologue, which accomplishes absolutely nothing?

This is exactly what the Pharisees did. They asked questions, not for the answers, not that they would change their beliefs given the answers anyway, but simply to try and demonize and fault-find and hope to lift themselves up.

No, it is not what the Pharisees did, and frankly I get tired of these inane references to the Pharisees in order to "demonize" those who know that Mormonism is a cult. It is thought-stopping measure to try and avoid the criticism and questions, which is what all cult apologists use. And frankly I don't find this line of reasoning any more helpful in answering why you think it is interesting that someone is caught in a cult either.

Maybe what you can do next time, if there is one, is to pay attention to what is being asked, and save all the misguided vitriol and hostility for a time when irrational discourse calls for it. But for now, I think my question deserves an answer, and what you've provided thus far leaves it open.

Sir
02-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Personally, there are only certain Mormons that I would be against. Those who openly lie about their beliefs, viciously libel their critics, and purposely strategize to lead people astray or avoid answering questions and criticisms to do the same, like many of those who hang around these kinds of forums, are those I dislike.

Sounds more like you are speaking about the critics of Mormons, but at least we are finally getting you guys to admit that it really is about being anti-mormons and not just its doctrines.

Funny, though, many of your critic-friends say otherwise. Are they "lying"? "purposefully strategizing to lead LDS away".

Ironic.

Other Mormons, though, who are not the arrogant, militant, bottom-feeders, and want to be respectful and neighborly, are just good people in the human sense. But, those type don't show up in these forums very often.

So you claim the LDS here are arrogant, militant, botton-feeders. That's fine, but you seem to be pointing to the attributes of those that are here ATTACKING the LDS church and people, hence the OP.

So, I'm against both the Mormon and his doctrine

Glad to see some honesty starting to come through the LDS-attacking crowd.

especially those who come looking for war, but do so in a cowardly way, like their father the devil would.

Explain how the LDS "come looking for war" in a forum created by LDS-CRITICS for the purpose of ATTACKING LDS??

ROFL....

I suppose you would claim the Jews were looking for war when they went to Aushwitz, right?

And most of the time that is all that visit places like this, because the remainder of the Mormon community, like most of the Muslim community, are simply busy trying to be good neighbors, mind their own business, and live law-abiding, decent lives.

LOL....so you guys create the place to start the war against Mormons, but when Mormons show up, it is THEY who have come looking for the war and the ones that don't show up are the good neighbors just minding their own business?! LOL And the Jews that didn't show up at Aushwitz were the ones just trying to be good neighbors while the ones there were trying to start a war with the Jew-haters. LOL

What a joke!! Thanks for the much needed laugh today!

Sir
02-08-2011, 01:53 PM
How is this explanation helpful, when I asked you why it is interesting that someone is caught up in a cult? What is interesting about that, when I find it to be tragic?

You were the only one who came up with the conclusion that the OP is stating it is interesting to be in a cult. You read into the OP your own thoughts and expect me to defend them. You were mistaken in your understanding of what I said was "interesting".

It sounds like to me that you possess the same persecution complex that so many Mormons do, and instead of taking into account what is being said, you would rather do, as you allude to above, the very thing that you ***ume others are already doing. And when you do that, then I still don't see where that is being helpful in answering the question of what you find so interesting about someone being caught in a cult.

Again, you misunderstood the OP. Can't help that.

This explanation is no more helpful than your previous one. If you have a personal issue with someone, then why not take it up in private with them, than engage in this nebulous kind of he-said, she-said type of monologue, which accomplishes absolutely nothing?

The issue isn't personal. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy and anti-christian behavior exhibited by those who claim they have a superior theology than the LDS. Yet, as you have pointed out, you guys are starting to come clean and admit that you are really against the LDS people and hate them as well as their theology (at least some of them)

No, it is not what the Pharisees did, and frankly I get tired of these inane references to the Pharisees in order to "demonize" those who know that Mormonism is a cult. It is thought-stopping measure to try and avoid the criticism and questions, which is what all cult apologists use. And frankly I don't find this line of reasoning any more helpful in answering why you think it is interesting that someone is caught in a cult either.

Same as the Pharisees. And oddly enough, all your cult-talk is indicative of thought-stopping terminology as well.

Maybe what you can do next time, if there is one, is to pay attention to what is being asked, and save all the misguided vitriol and hostility for a time when irrational discourse calls for it. But for now, I think my question deserves an answer, and what you've provided thus far leaves it open.

Wait...."I" need to pay attention? YOU misunderstood the OP and are asking me to clarify YOUR misguided interpretation of it. Yet you claim "I" need to pay more attention?

Wait...you call the LDS here arrogant, militant, bottom-feeders, but are lecturing LDS on not being vitriolic and hostile in their discourse?

ROFL....

Thanks again for the laughs!!!

B2M5L2
02-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Sounds more like you are speaking about the critics of Mormons, but at least we are finally getting you guys to admit that it really is about being anti-mormons and not just its doctrines.

I'm not talking about the critics of Mormonism, and if you twist what I've written in order to engage in the fallacy of appealing to guilt, to try and shame the critic into ceasing what he's doing by pointing out the errors of Mormonism, then that is your problem, no one else's.

Funny, though, many of your critic-friends say otherwise. Are they "lying"? "purposefully strategizing to lead LDS away".

What is "funny" is that you're now engaging in the fallacy of the hasty generalization, since you provide nothing of substance to back up your claim.

Ironic.

Is it irony, or simply another fallacy on your part?

So you claim the LDS here are arrogant, militant, botton-feeders. That's fine, but you seem to be pointing to the attributes of those that are here ATTACKING the LDS church and people, hence the OP.

I ***ure you I'm not, since I know exactly to whom I was referring when I wrote the sentence.

Glad to see some honesty starting to come through the LDS-attacking crowd.

Yet, will we see the same coming from the anti-Christian Mormon crowd?

Explain how the LDS "come looking for war" in a forum created by LDS-CRITICS for the purpose of ATTACKING LDS??

Oh, you don't need an explanation at all. You know exactly what I'm talking about. So, don't be coy.

ROFL....

Your mockery betrays you. See what I mean?

I suppose you would claim the Jews were looking for war when they went to Aushwitz, right?

Are the militant Mormons packed on over-crowded trains to ship them to the various sites on the Internet to engage in war with anyone who would dare expose and oppose the doctrines of Joseph Smith? The last time I checked, they came all on their own, and gladly stick around until they either completely subvert what forum they happen to frequent or they're booted out of the forum for getting a little too nasty. So, don't be using the Holocaust as a reference point to try and justify your persecution complex, because it doesn't take much to see that when the militant Mormon shows up on his own, that is hardly a Holocaust moment.

LOL....so you guys create the place to start the war against Mormons, but when Mormons show up, it is THEY who have come looking for the war and the ones that don't show up are the good neighbors just minding their own business?! LOL And the Jews that didn't show up at Aushwitz were the ones just trying to be good neighbors while the ones there were trying to start a war with the Jew-haters. LOL

Just because a forum is created to discuss the cults in no way means that you were either hauled in to make war, much less that you needed to show up at all. You showed up on your own, and instead of participating in the spirit of the forum, by being open and honest with those who either created it or were actively making discussion, history has shown that the cultist (Mormon and otherwise) does everything he can to upset it, be disrespectfully provocative, intentionally insulting. And I think the main reason why such has been the pattern for the cultist over the years is pride, ignorance, and an unwillingness to know the truth.

What a joke!! Thanks for the much needed laugh today!

Again, I'm not joking. But, you're mockery betrays you, while making my point.:cool:

B2M5L2
02-08-2011, 02:07 PM
You were the only one who came up with the conclusion that the OP is stating it is interesting to be in a cult.

That is factually incorrect. Just scroll back up a few posts where you said, "It's interesting to see a resident critic of Mormons claim that Mormons are simply programmed robots that cannot think for themselves and regurgitate responses like a pavlovian dog."

I asked in the very next post, "Why is that interesting? Personally, anyone who converts to cultism, or is born and raised in a cult, is tragic. They're been led down the broad path to destruction. Yet, you find that "interesting"? How so?"

You still have not given a relevant response to what I asked.

Since the rest of your response is as what I've already responded to before, then I'll just stop here until you do provide a relevant response.

Sir
02-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Just because a forum is created to discuss the cults in no way means that you were either hauled in to make war, much less that you needed to show up at all. You showed up on your own, and instead of participating in the spirit of the forum, by being open and honest with those who either created it or were actively making discussion, history has shown that the cultist (Mormon and otherwise) does everything he can to upset it, be disrespectfully provocative, intentionally insulting. And I think the main reason why such has been the pattern for the cultist over the years is pride, ignorance, and an unwillingness to know the truth.

And just like forums created to discuss and disparage blacks, no blacks need to show up and make a war. But if they show up on their own you would accuse them of making war in the forum that was created for attacking blacks.

yes, the cult of anti-mormonism is alive and well with all the traits you explained.

B2M5L2
02-08-2011, 03:32 PM
And just like forums created to discuss and disparage blacks, no blacks need to show up and make a war.

Again, your broad-brush, sweeping, hasty generalization is your problem, not those who set up forums to discuss the errors of groups like the Mormons.

But if they show up on their own you would accuse them of making war in the forum that was created for attacking blacks.

Only if they did it in the manner that I pointed out previously.

yes, the cult of anti-mormonism is alive and well with all the traits you explained.

There is no such cult. But, such is the nature of those in the cults, who when they cannot or will not discuss something of substance, build straw men to go along with their hasty generalizations.

MacG
02-08-2011, 03:33 PM

It was the purported answer to Joesph's prayer that "started" the "war". Then his continued slander of the "corrupted" denominations teachers, followers and how he would show a better way.

We are just following through. :)

Sir
02-08-2011, 03:51 PM
It was the purported answer to Joesph's prayer that "started" the "war". Then his continued slander of the "corrupted" denominations teachers, followers and how he would show a better way.

We are just following through. :)

Yeah, we've heard that line before.

At least you guys are good at making up excuses and justifications for your biggotry. :)

B2M5L2
02-08-2011, 03:55 PM

Is it not true?

At least you guys are good at making up excuses and justifications for your biggotry. :)

But, quoting Joseph Smith is not us making up anything, is it?

nrajeff
02-08-2011, 04:19 PM
It was the purported answer to Joesph's prayer that "started" the "war".
----Actually, a few honest REFORMERS started the war against corrupt Christendom, way before Smith was even born.

Williams. Wesley. Franck. They said things about post-apostolic Christendom's corrupted, politicized, Spirit-deprived leadership that make Jesus' statement to Joseph Smith look like plagiarism.

Funny we don't see any vitriol hurled at those Christian Reformers. Is that a double standard? It looks like one.

B2M5L2
02-08-2011, 04:28 PM
----Actually, a few honest REFORMERS started the war against corrupt Christendom, way before Smith was even born.

And then Smith proceeded to try and undermine the Reformers with a reintroduction of many of the heresies that caused the Reformers to act.

Williams. Wesley. Franck. They said things about post-apostolic Christendom's corrupted, politicized, Spirit-deprived leadership that make Jesus' statement to Joseph Smith look like plagiarism.

Do you think Williams, Wesley, or Franck would have tolerated Joseph Smith's proclamation of Mormonism as something biblical or true? Second, where can it be objectively verified that Jesus ever spoke to Joseph Smith?

Funny we don't see any vitriol hurled at those Christian Reformers. Is that a double standard? It looks like one.

What is really "funny," though, is that none of those men were the Reformers. If you want Reformation characters, look at Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, Huss, Melancthon, etc. And they are vilified all the time, especially by those holding to Pelagian-type doctrines that were so much a part of Roman Catholicism, as well as by the Johnny Come Lately groups, like the Mormons.

nrajeff
02-08-2011, 04:39 PM
And then Smith proceeded to try and undermine the Reformers with a reintroduction of many of the heresies that caused the Reformers to act.
---Pastor Williams said that before his time, Christianity had become, because of apostasy, bereft of authorized apostolic leadership, and that nothing would restore the leadership to the way it should be, until Jesus called new apostles. How, exactly, did Smith UNDERMINE THAT? Seems Smith FULFILLED it.

Do you think Williams, Wesley, or Franck would have tolerated Joseph Smith's proclamation of Mormonism as something biblical or true?
---I am willing to bet that at this very second, they are applauding it.

Second, where can it be objectively verified that Jesus ever spoke to Joseph Smith?
LOL. Where can it be objectively verified that Yahweh told Moses to execute anyone who didn't keep the Sabbath? All you have is Moses' word for it that those bizarre commandments really came from God and weren't just made up by Moses.

What is really "funny," though, is that none of those men were the Reformers.
--Am I supposed to take your word for it? It seems to me that anyone calling for Christianity to return to a system of apostolic leadership is trying to reform it. Maybe you are redefining the term? I hear some cults redefine terms...

MacG
02-08-2011, 06:28 PM

Because the Reformers did not disagree on the one God of the Bible. They did not not start out saying there is only one God (BoM) and evolve their doctrine to you can become a God (in places in the rest of TCJCLDS writings). This is why we are to test the spirits. One comes along and teaches someting 'new' and we check it out and it aligns with the preceeding proclaimations. Then it comes back having gained trust and feeds something a shade of turning different and we think it seems good without checking it. Pretty soon we are becomming the Gods that we were before we got this tent we call the flesh.

Current reformers Kenneth We-are-little-Gods Copland* and Hagin and the like are rejected for their take on this so no, there is no double standard.

Good to see you here again Jeff,

Blessings,

MacG

*As dogs beget dogs and cats beget cats, God begets Gods. You are a little God."

BrianH
02-09-2011, 04:51 AM

This critic is against what Mormonism DOES to people.

The evidence of the damage wrought by Mormonism on its victims is self-evident all over every board where Mormons are challenged to present reasons why we should think what they have been told to believe is actually TRUE.

-BH

BrianH
02-09-2011, 04:55 AM

Except that is NOT what I was doing. If your context-free quotes in the OP were the ONLY things I had posted over the years, you might have the beginning of a case. Sadly for you, the FACT is, I have, MANY times (and in the very threads from which you clipped your out-of-context quotes) given thoroughly documented reasons WHY the claims of the LDS church are observably and even laughably FALSE. That is FAR more than just repeating a response conditioned by a mind-control cult and you know it. The dishonesty required to deliberately omit that fact is demonstrative of the kind of moral and mental damage caused by Mormonism. I have repeatedly, in fact, countless times done the one thing the victims of mind-control cults CANNOT do: I have provided reasons (evidence-based arguments) as to why one should regard my claims as TRUE. Meanwhile, you are continuing to demonstrate the usual failure to do the same thing in every post where you refulse to answer the questions we have pertaining to WHY we should think your cult leaders are telling the truth.

-BH

B2M5L2
02-09-2011, 07:46 AM
---Pastor Williams said that before his time, Christianity had become, because of apostasy, bereft of authorized apostolic leadership, and that nothing would restore the leadership to the way it should be, until Jesus called new apostles. How, exactly, did Smith UNDERMINE THAT? Seems Smith FULFILLED it.

And Pastor Williams was still not a Reformer.

---I am willing to bet that at this very second, they are applauding it.

And just how much are you willing to lose on that bet? From the Sacramental Faithfulness document put forth by the United Methodist Church we read:

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, by self-definition, does not fit within the bounds of the historic, apostolic tradition of Christian faith," delegates said.…"Sacramental Faithfulness" also recommends that Mormons seeking membership in the United Methodist Church first initiate their own formal removal from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

United Methodists adopt guidelines for Mormons joining church (http://archives.umc.org/interior.asp?ptid=2&mid=3558)

And I'm absolutely certain that both Williams and Franck's would follow suit. So, if these men would applaud Smith's effort, then why would a Mormon have to undergo "a time of intensive exploration and instruction in the Christian faith" and then "initiate their own formal removal from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints," if Smith did as you suggest?

LOL. Where can it be objectively verified that Yahweh told Moses to execute anyone who didn't keep the Sabbath? All you have is Moses' word for it that those bizarre commandments really came from God and weren't just made up by Moses.

They're only just words to those who have bought into the theological liberalism of contemporary scholarship. But, to Moses and the people of Israel, extending all the way to Jesus and the disciples, those words were inspired by God, and the events and works which followed them backed up their ***ertion.

--Am I supposed to take your word for it? It seems to me that anyone calling for Christianity to return to a system of apostolic leadership is trying to reform it. Maybe you are redefining the term? I hear some cults redefine terms...

No, you take God's Word for it. And there is no indication that what Smith claimed, or what you're claiming for him, have any biblical support whatsoever. It is also the reason why the Mormons, and the rest of the rogue movements, try so hard to have the Bible's message relativized or discredited. That way they can introduce all kinds of weird doctrine and call it "Restored Christianity," and who can challenge the claim? On the other hand, by God preserving His Word in writing exposes the cultic claims as faulty, with a fair amount of ease, by a mere perusal of its pages.

MacG
02-09-2011, 11:37 AM

Careful: "They will be ever hearing but never perceiving (http://bible.cc/mark/4-12.htm)"

Sir
02-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Careful: "They will be ever hearing but never perceiving (http://bible.cc/mark/4-12.htm)"

Yes, this is exactly the problem with you critics. Hey, even BrianH has said, “My only purpose here is to draw Mormons out into the glaring daylight of truth so that any and all interested parties can see for themselves what happens to the minds of people who turn into Mormons.”

Ever asking but never listening to the answers unless they agree with your bias.

MacG
02-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Yes, this is exactly the problem with you critics. Hey, even BrianH has said, “My only purpose here is to draw Mormons out into the glaring daylight of truth so that any and all interested parties can see for themselves what happens to the minds of people who turn into Mormons.”

Ever asking but never listening to the answers unless they agree with your bias.

That seems to be the conundrum doesn't it? We are both fully convinced that we have the truth.

MacG

B2M5L2
02-09-2011, 02:07 PM

What's wrong with the Christian bias and what is right with the Mormon bias?

MacG
02-09-2011, 02:25 PM
[COLOR="Purple"]----
...that make Jesus' statement to Joseph Smith look like plagiarism.

COLOR]

True to form when you look at the exactness of portions the BoM and KJV. Seriously can you believe that three disparate languages (Reformed Egyptian, Greek and Hebrew) telling of different histories of different people in different continents can be translated by different translators in different eras, geographic locations (goes to borrowed words and time dependent colloquialisms) and arrive at the same 16th century English words, phrases, spelling errors and grammatical mistakes? Any collegiate would get thrown out of school for that kind of "miracle".:confused:

MacG

alanmolstad
02-07-2014, 07:25 AM
With the Mormons or JWs or others in different CULTS there is a common thing about the people inside the CULT that i have noticed over the years.

It's a kind of "group think"

Kinda like what you see on Tv shows like Star trek with the Borg...
Where the individual and his right to think for himself has been replaced with the idea that the CULT needs to keep up a solid front.

A long-long-long time ago , when i first popped into this forum while working on the road mI first posted on a topic that had something to do with science or, heck im not sure perhaps it was breakfast cereals?

Anyway the people on the forum were bickering about something, when at one point the Christian poster said something that i knew was clearly not true....so I spoke up.

What happens next is that i guess for a time every poster ***umed that I must be a mormon, and thus I got within the next 48 hours a bunch of Private Messages.
The messages were from Mormons who although friendly, they also seemed to ask me stuff....questions, that I didn't understand....

Over the years I have learned that they were looking for perhaps my location, or perhaps asking why I did not say things as they said things as I began to post on other topics.....

I got the feeling that I simply did not know the correct "code".

Then at more time went on I started to notice that no only were Mormon posters all sounding the same, they actually sounded too much the same.
No individuality...no decent....no personal slant on issues...
no freedom.

I looked for some guy who was Mormon, but still alot like myself in my always seeking truth regardless of who says what in my church.....and I have yet to find such a person.

Mormons seem to have group-think down pat.