PDA

View Full Version : Spirit or Flesh and bone?

dberrie2000
07-20-2012, 04:53 AM
Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post----Possessing a "spirit" does not separate God the Father from Jesus Christ nor any of mankind--as they all possessed spirits.

But, in the Trinitarian theology--this does:

Luke24:39--"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post----Yes, this is why we talk about the "incarnation"
God became man.

God , (who is pure spirit)
became man (who is flesh)

So--is God a Spirit--or flesh and bone?

Comments?

Billyray
07-20-2012, 09:53 AM

Comments?

There is one God made up of three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Son has a resurrected body.

James Banta
07-20-2012, 10:15 AM
There is one God made up of three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Son has a resurrected body.

And Jesus told us of His Father that He is Spirit and that a spirit hasn't a body of flesh and bone.. Therefore Smith was lying to us that the Father is a person of flesh and bone AND demanding that He is not the invisible Spirit that Holy Spirit told us He is.. These are the words given to us by Jesus on the subject.. Mormonism has chosen to ignore even change that teaching and make up their own doctrine as to the nature of the Father.. Shame on Smith for perverting God's nature, and shame on the LDS people for believing a man over the word of God.. IHS jim

dberrie2000
07-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post

The faith alone claim that God the Father is a Spirit only--that Jesus Christ has a body of flesh and bone.

So--does God have a body of flesh and bone--or just a Spirit?

alanmolstad
07-20-2012, 12:46 PM

Comments?
God is spirit,,,,man is flesh.

God wrapped himself in human flesh in the person of Jesus.

In other words, God was made man.

Billyray
07-20-2012, 12:48 PM

There is one God in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Son has a resurrected body.

dberrie2000
07-21-2012, 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post

There is one God in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Son has a resurrected body.

But that is an answer to the individual persons that make up the Trinity--not the Trinity God.

Is the Trinity God flesh and bones--or just a Spirit only? Or both?

If God the Father is Spirit only--and Jesus Christ is flesh and bone--how do you collate the "****ousious"(same substance) God?

Billyray
07-21-2012, 09:14 AM
If God the Father is Spirit only--and Jesus Christ is flesh and bone--how do you collate the "****ousious"(same substance) God?

Jesus is equally God. BTW this term is not used in the Bible but I am sure you already knew that.

dberrie2000
07-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---So--does God have a body of flesh and bone--or just a Spirit?

Originally Posted by Billyray View Post---There is one God in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Son has a resurrected body.

dberrie----But that is an answer to the individual persons that make up the Trinity--not the Trinity God.

Jesus is equally God. .

And how does that answer the question of whether the Trinity God is Spirit--or flesh and bone? Or both?

You are still stuck on the individual Person of Jesus Christ--not the Trinity God. That includes all three persons.

Billyray
07-21-2012, 09:26 AM
And how does that answer the question of whether the Trinity God is Spirit--or flesh and bone? Or both?

That wasn't the question I was answering. The question I was answering was quoted in my post. That is why I keep my post short so you hopefully won't get lost but I guess you still don't follow. But here is the answer to your new question above. There is one God made up of three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Son has a resurrected body.

dberrie2000
07-21-2012, 09:37 AM
dberrie----But that is an answer to the individual persons that make up the Trinity--not the Trinity God.

Originally Posted by Billyray View Post---Jesus is equally God. .

dberrie---And how does that answer the question of whether the

Trinity God is Spirit--or flesh and bone? Or both?

You are still stuck on the individual Person of Jesus Christ--not the Trinity God.

That includes all three persons.

But here is the answer to your new question above. There is one God made up of three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Son has a resurrected body.

It's not a new question--it's the very crux of the whole thread. In case you need to refocus--the ***le to this thread is whether the Trinity God is a Spirit or flesh and bone.

You once again focus on Jesus Christ's substance--a resurrected body of flesh and bone.

But that is an individual component of the Trinity God--not the Trinity God.

Billyray--to focus your attention--here is the Trinity God:

1) God the Father

2) God the Son

3) God the Holy Ghost

The Trinity God is not a single person--but all three together.

Is all three together, being the Trinity God--flesh and bone, or Spirit? Or both?

Billyray
07-22-2012, 08:56 AM
You once again focus on Jesus Christ's substance--a resurrected body of flesh and bone.

But that is an individual component of the Trinity God--not the Trinity God.

But that is clearly what the Bible teaches. That there is one God. That the Father is God. That the Son is God. That the Holy Spirit is God. And that the Son is the image of the invisible God who He has a resurrected body.

dberrie2000
10-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---So--is God a Spirit--or flesh and bone?

[QUOTE=alanmolstad;133365]God is spirit,,,,man is flesh.

God wrapped himself in human flesh in the person of Jesus.

In other words, God was made man.

Was Jesus God?

Luke 24:39---King James Version (KJV)

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Was this the mortal or the immortal Jesus?

alanmolstad
10-18-2012, 04:48 PM

Comments?
God is spirit.
human are flesh.

In John 1:1 we see God (who is pure spirit) became man (flesh and blood)

God never stopped being God.
God is always pure spirit.
But for our salvation God was wrapped in flesh of men.

so Jesus has 2 natures.

dberrie2000
10-18-2012, 04:54 PM
God is spirit.
human are flesh.

Are you saying that flesh and bones are "pure spirit"?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Was this the mortal or immortal God?

alanmolstad
10-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Are you saying that flesh and bones are "pure spirit"?

No....flesh and blood are flesh and blood.

Jesus is God Almighty, wrapped in human flesh.

Jesus was born with a normal human nature.
At the resurrection the dead body of Jesus was changed in nature and became a everlasting body of flesh and bone.

Jesus was God Almighty the whole time.
Jesus never stopped being God Almighty.

But so he could die for us, the Lord was born as a man and died a normal human death.

ok?

alanmolstad
10-18-2012, 05:09 PM
ask...I want you to learn this...

dberrie2000
10-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Alanmostad---God is spirit.
human are flesh.

But for our salvation God was wrapped in flesh of men.

so Jesus has 2 natures.

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post--Are you saying that flesh and bones are "pure spirit"?

Was this the mortal or immortal God?

No....flesh and blood are flesh and blood.

What is your evidence of that? It does not state flesh and blood--but flesh and bone.

Jesus is God Almighty, wrapped in human flesh.

At the resurrection the dead body of Jesus was changed in nature and became a everlasting body of flesh and bone.

How does that compare to your statement:

Alanmostad--God is always pure spirit.

Jesus was God Almighty the whole time.
Jesus never stopped being God Almighty.

So--did He stop being a "pure spirit" when God possessed an "everlasting body of flesh and bone"?

alanmolstad
10-18-2012, 05:15 PM
So--did He stop being a "pure spirit" when God possessed an "everlasting body of flesh and bone"?

Not even for a split-second!

Jesus was Pure Spirit the whole time he walked on the earth.

The Nature of God is spirit.
The nature of man is flesh.

Jesus is pure spirit wrapped in human flesh.

Always God
Became man
Will always have 2 natures

alanmolstad
10-18-2012, 05:16 PM
ask more questions, it is important to me you learn about this

dberrie2000
10-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---So--did He stop being a "pure spirit" when God possessed an "everlasting body of flesh and bone"?

Not even for a split-second!

Then--could you explain your previous post? :

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---Are you saying that flesh and bones are "pure spirit"?

Alanmostad--No....flesh and blood are flesh and blood.

alanmolstad
10-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Then--could you explain your previous post? :

um...ask that again, Im missing your point of your question?

you want me to say something with more definitions?

You copy/pasted a bunch of posts...could you provide some context in a post so I can catch-on to your aim?

right now all I see is a bunch of posts that seem kinda unconnected

alanmolstad
10-18-2012, 05:44 PM
am I saying that flesh and bone are pure spirit?

No.

Flesh and ____whatever, are always talking about us humans.

"Pure Spirit" is always to mean "God"

God is always God.
But for our salvation, God became Man.
God became man, but never stopped being fully God.
God wrapped Himself in human flesh.

alanmolstad
10-18-2012, 05:46 PM
So God, the one and only God, was wrapped in the flesh of us humans and was born as a little baby.

God was still pure spirit all the time, for that is His nature and that cant change.

But so that he could die, he became flesh.

God became man.

alanmolstad
10-18-2012, 05:46 PM
ask more questions....!:o

and hurry, I have to watch TBBT tonight

alanmolstad
10-18-2012, 05:50 PM
tick-tick,.,,,,,,hurry up!

dberrie2000
10-18-2012, 06:57 PM
um...ask that again, Im missing your point of your question?

you want me to say something with more definitions?

You copy/pasted a bunch of posts...could you provide some context in a post so I can catch-on to your aim?

right now all I see is a bunch of posts that seem kinda unconnected

Alan---Jesus is God Almighty, wrapped in human flesh.

I ask this question of you:

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---[B]So--did He stop being a "pure spirit" when God possessed an "everlasting body of flesh and bone"?

You answered:

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post--Not even for a split-second!

Are you saying that a "pure spirit" possesses a "everlasting body of flesh and bone"?

dberrie2000
10-18-2012, 07:01 PM
So God, the one and only God, was wrapped in the flesh of us humans and was born as a little baby.

God was still pure spirit all the time, for that is His nature and that cant change.

God is pure spirit all the time--but yet--has an everlasting body?

Alan---Jesus is God Almighty, wrapped in human flesh.

alanmolstad
10-18-2012, 07:22 PM
God is pure spirit all the time--but yet--has an everlasting body?

Yes.

2 natures.
God and man.

God who is pure spirit took human flesh., but never changed His nature of being pure spirit, yet to this was wrapped in human flesh.

Jesus has 2 natures.

that is the message of the Christian church.

That God Almighty took upon Himself human flesh and was born as a man, Died , And was raised with an everlasting body.

Thus because Jesus was fully 100% human just as you and I are, we can then trust that just as God raised Jesus from the dead He will in the same way be able to raise us too from the dead....

alanmolstad
10-18-2012, 07:24 PM
ask more questions, for it is important to me that you learn this

alanmolstad
10-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Looks like you turned in for the night...and the wife has given me the look so i too got to go.

But to give the final review of what Im saying:

God is Pure spirit....always was, always will be.
that cant ever change.

But because of the need to pay for the sins of man with blood, the Lord God was born a man and had a human body,

Now remember, God cant change his nature, he is always pure spirit and will be spirit forever and has been forever.

But this was then wrapped in human flesh and so Jesus has 2 very different natures.

Jesus is fully God

Jesus is fully man.

2 natures in the single person.

Not 1/2 god and 1/2 man, but fully both God and man completely.

The human body Jesus had before the resurrection was a normal human body, just like I have right now..

The human body Jesus has after the resurrection is a normal human resurrection body, just like I will have one day.

I am fully Human, and I will always be fully human.
Jesus will also always be fully human.

dberrie2000
10-19-2012, 06:17 AM
Looks like you turned in for the night...and the wife has given me the look so i too got to go.

But to give the final review of what Im saying:

God is Pure spirit....always was, always will be.
that cant ever change.

But because of the need to pay for the sins of man with blood, the Lord God was born a man and had a human body,

Now remember, God cant change his nature, he is always pure spirit and will be spirit forever and has been forever.

But this was then wrapped in human flesh and so Jesus has 2 very different natures.

Jesus is fully God

Jesus is fully man.

2 natures in the single person.

Not 1/2 god and 1/2 man, but fully both God and man completely.

The human body Jesus had before the resurrection was a normal human body, just like I have right now..

The human body Jesus has after the resurrection is a normal human resurrection body, just like I will have one day.

I am fully Human, and I will always be fully human.
Jesus will also always be fully human.

I don't know what you mean by some of your expressions--but if you are saying that God possesses both a "pure spirit", and an "everlasting body of flesh and bone"--then the LDS would agree.

alanmolstad
10-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Darn,,,,my wife and I have company this weekend...I cant post.....

BigJulie
04-22-2014, 09:17 PM
Here is another one.

James Banta
04-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Here is another one.

I can keep telling you that this is an important subject or show you that it is the LDS that started these threads which would you like to see? IHS jim