PDA

View Full Version : Belief and obedience

dberrie2000
06-28-2013, 06:07 AM
Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---- John 5:28-29---King James Version (KJV)

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation.

How does that compare to your theology--it matches the LDS theology very well.

[quote] Billyray---- John 6
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Could anyone here explain the difference between those who believe in Christ--and those who have done good? The faith alone always attempt to separate the two--but what is the difference between the two groups?

James Banta
06-28-2013, 07:52 AM
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Could anyone here explain the difference between those who believe in Christ--and those who have done good? The faith alone always attempt to separate the two--but what is the difference between the two groups?

Can someone do good works outside of faith in Jesus? Is faith a requirement for good to be done? The Gates Foundation is doing wonderful works among them are:
Global health outreach
Agricultural development
Emergency response
Libraries
Services for the poor
Water and sanitation

Indeed these are GOOD works and yet Bill Gates in an outspoken atheist.. Jesus taught us that doing good is NOT the way to life..

Matthew 7:22-23
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Here is a broken record moment. Who is it that works iniquity? Remember "ALL HAVE SINNED", ALL of us work iniquity, So if He will says that doing many wonderful works in His name still show us to be workers of iniquity how much less worthy are good works done in the name of humanity? Can you see now that good works usually aren't a product of faith in Jesus? That they are very separate? You can see that in the works of the Gates can't you?

You have even quoted a verse that shows that God sees our faith in Jesus to be all the "Works" that are required for our salvation. A Christian will believe that that we shall be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus and not by anything we can do.. Look up the meaning of grace as it is defined for religious usage? You will find that it means UNMERITED favor. Then if you must look up unmerited and see that it means undeserved. To those that work the reward is seen as a debt owed to them. But to those that hold only faith in Jesus that is counted as righteousness (Romans 4:3-4).

The grace of God can't be united with works. Salvation comes by either one or the other not by both (Romans 11:6).. All our work can then do is show that a living, saving faith exists in the heart of those doing the works? And who needs to see those works. Not God because he searches the heart (Romans 8:27). James said we show each other our faith by our works (James 2:18).

Thank you for taking this walk with me down the Roman road.. I hope it helped you understand.. IHS jim

Pa Pa
08-08-2013, 10:10 PM

Believing is a work, and a requirement The sermon of the mount list what works qualified for reward. Seeking him is a work and the only way to find him and be saved. By the way we are no longer under the law...we don't kill animals, not restricted on how far we can walk. We don't kill our children for talking back...in fact few of the 613 laws, do have to obey.

RealFakeHair
08-09-2013, 07:58 AM

I will be glad to try. Here is the difference between belief and good works. Good works is when every time I sell a certain policy I get a $10.00 credit to my business debit card. Believing in God of the Holy Bible and His Son, I am given Grace. Meaning every time I use my spiritual debit card, I always keep the same balance.

dberrie2000
01-04-2014, 01:17 PM
I will be glad to try. Here is the difference between belief and good works. Good works is when every time I sell a certain policy I get a $10.00 credit to my business debit card. Believing in God of the Holy Bible and His Son, I am given Grace. Meaning every time I use my spiritual debit card, I always keep the same balance.

Could you explain how that collates with what the Savior taught?

Matthew 7:19-21---King James Version (KJV)

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

dberrie2000
10-06-2014, 03:59 AM
Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View PostI will be glad to try. Here is the difference between belief and good works. Good works is when every time I sell a certain policy I get a $10.00 credit to my business debit card. Believing in God of the Holy Bible and His Son, I am given Grace. Meaning every time I use my spiritual debit card, I always keep the same balance.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Bump for anyone.

dberrie2000
02-02-2015, 06:24 AM
Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View PostI will be glad to try. Here is the difference between belief and good works. Good works is when every time I sell a certain policy I get a $10.00 credit to my business debit card. Believing in God of the Holy Bible and His Son, I am given Grace. Meaning every time I use my spiritual debit card, I always keep the same balance.

Bump for anyone.