PDA

View Full Version : To believe on Him

dberrie2000
10-19-2013, 04:23 AM
Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
John 6
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

And what is the work that is required according to Jesus in verse 29?

The same work that God commands throughout the scriptures:

John 14:12-15---King James Version (KJV)

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also;

1 John 2:4---King James Version (KJV)

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

John 17:3---King James Version (KJV)

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Comments?

Billyray
10-19-2013, 05:02 PM
The same work that God commands throughout the scriptures:

John 6
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

dberrie2000
01-04-2014, 12:08 PM
John 6

To have faith in Christ. Is that a dead faith it refers to?

James 2:20-26---King James Version (KJV)

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.