PDA

View Full Version : LDS posters would like to compare WM to Concerned Christians

James Banta
10-26-2013, 10:24 PM
It is the truth that CC banned so many of the LDS posters that they were soon ALL gone.. But WM seldom bans anyone.. I believe that is because the postings are done with curtsey in mind and that is really all Jill ever asked of us to be, courteous.. The LDS seem to love comparing apple with Abrams tanks.. After all they are so much alike, right???? IHS jim

Sir
10-26-2013, 10:30 PM
It is the truth that CC banned so many of the LDS posters that they were soon ALL gone.. But WM seldom bans anyone.. I believe that is because the postings are done with curtsey in mind and that is really all Jill ever asked of us to be, courteous.. The LDS seem to love comparing apple with Abrams tanks.. After all they are so much alike, right???? IHS jim

"curtsey"? (are you ever going to get that word right?)

First, this is a really lame thread. You must be bored or looking for something to keep the board alive.

Second, the comparison that WM is like CC is because when Jill WAS moderating here, anti-LDS like you would run and tattle to her and whine that she ban LDS posters. Then you brag that if all the LDS were gone you and your ilk would still be here to keep the forum alive. But when all the LDS were gone from CC, it died and now I hear even Bob has been let-go from their ranks.

The comparison is not as far off as you want it to be. Sure there might be a couple people who have such sad and lonely lives that no matter what happens they will stay here and post, even to themselves, until their demise. But for all intents and purposes, this forum is pretty much dried up.

James Banta
10-27-2013, 09:22 AM
"curtsey"? (are you ever going to get that word right?)

First, this is a really lame thread. You must be bored or looking for something to keep the board alive.

Second, the comparison that WM is like CC is because when Jill WAS moderating here, anti-LDS like you would run and tattle to her and whine that she ban LDS posters. Then you brag that if all the LDS were gone you and your ilk would still be here to keep the forum alive. But when all the LDS were gone from CC, it died and now I hear even Bob has been let-go from their ranks.

The comparison is not as far off as you want it to be. Sure there might be a couple people who have such sad and lonely lives that no matter what happens they will stay here and post, even to themselves, until their demise. But for all intents and purposes, this forum is pretty much dried up.

Yes there are some words I do have trouble with. Spelling was always hard for me.. I have gotten better but I still have struggles.. I am sure you have understood my meaning..

I am sorry you find my thoughts so boring.. You don't have to respond if you would rather not.. I share with others what God is placing on my heart and calling that boring is to insult that source.. But you do believe that the God I worship is false anyway so you are not constrained in insulting the promptings I receive from Him.. I wouldn't want to do that but I am not you..

Yes I made reports that rules were broken.. I was rejected from MADD for life because the LDS posters there would run and tattle to the Mods and whining to them that Christian posters that stood up for the truth of the Bible should be banned.. The difference there is those mods would act on the complaints and Jill would say "Tough it out".. And here you are still being as judgmental as ever, pointing your finger at me calling me a sinner when God in His word has said the same thing about you (James 2:10).

If we the Christian of WM feel that we want a place to come and talk about the grace we received from God who pulled us out of the err of mormonism, should we be allowed to talk as we feel the need? I see that done by mormons all the time on Mormon.org as converts bear their testimonies.. Every month in Fast and Testimony meetings in every Ward and branch of the LDS church the same thing is done.. I have heard many a testimony that chronicled the path a member of the LDS church struggled through to gain their membership.. Why is it you would deny me that same opportunity you insist on for LDS peoples?

The LDS are not as indispensable as you would like to see them to be.. If you leave you leave.. The difference between CC and WM is you will leave because you want to go not because you were forced to go.. And you are free to come back if you want to do that.. To compare that to CC is a wide canyon to try to jump.. So far all I see is your failure to do so.. So as I said before if you wish to go, Go with God.. Those of us that wish to stay will do so coming and going as we wish.. Do you have a problem with that level of freedom? Go back to what ever the LDS have that replaced MADD when it died.. Maybe the lack of Christians there will lead to it's demise as CC suffered from the lack of mormons.. I believe that both died due to the lack of people willing to state their desire to be obedient and take the message of their faith into the world.. Though I no longer have the physical ability to go door to door in my neighborhood, or walk the sidewalks outside temple square here in Salt Lake I still wish to raise my voice in my God's praise and tell others of His Good News.. Here I am on WM and here I will continue to do just that.. IHS jim

Sir
10-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Yes there are some words I do have trouble with. Spelling was always hard for me.. I have gotten better but I still have struggles.. I am sure you have understood my meaning..

I am sorry you find my thoughts so boring.. You don't have to respond if you would rather not.. I share with others what God is placing on my heart and calling that boring is to insult that source.. But you do believe that the God I worship is false anyway so you are not constrained in insulting the promptings I receive from Him.. I wouldn't want to do that but I am not you..

Yes I made reports that rules were broken.. I was rejected from MADD for life because the LDS posters there would run and tattle to the Mods and whining to them that Christian posters that stood up for the truth of the Bible should be banned.. The difference there is those mods would act on the complaints and Jill would say "Tough it out".. And here you are still being as judgmental as ever, pointing your finger at me calling me a sinner when God in His word has said the same thing about you (James 2:10).

If we the Christian of WM feel that we want a place to come and talk about the grace we received from God who pulled us out of the err of mormonism, should we be allowed to talk as we feel the need? I see that done by mormons all the time on Mormon.org as converts bear their testimonies.. Every month in Fast and Testimony meetings in every Ward and branch of the LDS church the same thing is done.. I have heard many a testimony that chronicled the path a member of the LDS church struggled through to gain their membership.. Why is it you would deny me that same opportunity you insist on for LDS peoples?

The LDS are not as indispensable as you would like to see them to be.. If you leave you leave.. The difference between CC and WM is you will leave because you want to go not because you were forced to go.. And you are free to come back if you want to do that.. To compare that to CC is a wide canyon to try to jump.. So far all I see is your failure to do so.. So as I said before if you wish to go, Go with God.. Those of us that wish to stay will do so coming and going as we wish.. Do you have a problem with that level of freedom? Go back to what ever the LDS have that replaced MADD when it died.. Maybe the lack of Christians there will lead to it's demise as CC suffered from the lack of mormons.. I believe that both died due to the lack of people willing to state their desire to be obedient and take the message of their faith into the world.. Though I no longer have the physical ability to go door to door in my neighborhood, or walk the sidewalks outside temple square here in Salt Lake I still wish to raise my voice in my God's praise and tell others of His Good News.. Here I am on WM and here I will continue to do just that.. IHS jim

Whoa! Come up for air once in a while!
Sheeeesh

James Banta
10-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Whoa! Come up for air once in a while!
Sheeeesh

As I said before, "You don't like my posts, don't read them".. That is the way I speak.. IHS jim

Sir
10-27-2013, 10:30 AM
As I said before, "You don't like my posts, don't read them".. That is the way I speak.. IHS jim

I didn't read it.. ;)

James Banta
10-27-2013, 08:09 PM
I didn't read it.. ;)

Then you have no right to make any comment at all about my posts.. IHS jim

Sir
10-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Then you have no right to make any comment at all about my posts.. IHS jim

Sure I do.

You spent the past day and a half explaining that we all have the right to stay, leave, post, etc. (which is funny since you have absolutely no authority to state otherwise).

I didn't have to read your long-winded boring rant to comment that it was a long-winded boring rant.

:)

James Banta
10-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Sure I do.

You spent the past day and a half explaining that we all have the right to stay, leave, post, etc. (which is funny since you have absolutely no authority to state otherwise).

I didn't have to read your long-winded boring rant to comment that it was a long-winded boring rant.

:)

I didn't say that you don't have the right to post here and say anything that you wish to say.. All I said is if you haven't read my posts you can't comment on what I have posted. How can you when you have no idea what I said? You don't even know if it is boring and long winded if you haven't read it.. Is the BofM a boring long winded rant? I think it is but I have authority to say that since I HAVE ACTUALLY READ IT.. IHS jim

Sir
10-28-2013, 04:23 PM
I didn't say that you don't have the right to post here and say anything that you wish to say.. All I said is if you haven't read my posts you can't comment on what I have posted. How can you when you have no idea what I said? You don't even know if it is boring and long winded if you haven't read it.. Is the BofM a boring long winded rant? I think it is but I have authority to say that since I HAVE ACTUALLY READ IT.. IHS jim

It was your post, James, so I know it is a boring long-winded rant.

James Banta
10-29-2013, 07:46 AM

In my post I never said that you didn't have the right to post. I said you couldn't post a reply to me if you had no idea of the content of my posts.. But you know all, see all, right? You posts then that don't answer of follow the movement of the conversation are the rants..

You have yet to connect CC to WM is any way.. Oh other than you want to quit posting here so WM dies.. But no one banned you from posting here as the LDS were banned from CC. Here you have a free forum to do some real teaching of why mormonism should be seen as Christian church, or even the one and only true church.. There Are still lurkers that do look at many of the new post from time to time.. If you had anything that could convince them over and above the Christian's challenges this would be a great chance to do mission work.. But you have decided to leave.. That is your choice no one is forcing you out.. Much different than why the LDS left CC.. IHS jim

RealFakeHair
10-29-2013, 07:53 AM

Sir, I think he got you on this one. Sometimes a retreat is best.

James Banta
10-29-2013, 07:55 AM

The truth always wins even when the enemies of truth claim victory.. Therefore is wasn't my victory but it was The Holy Spirit that put His enemies down.. He is worthy of our praise.. IHS jim

Sir
10-29-2013, 12:21 PM

The truth always wins even when the enemies of truth claim victory.. Therefore is wasn't my victory but it was The Holy Spirit that put His enemies down.. He is worthy of our praise.. IHS jim

I didn't realize we were in a compe***ion. If you feel James "got me" on something, okay. If James feels like he was victorius in something, okay.

Sadly, the only 2 people posting regularly here anymore are RealFakeHair and James, and taking both of them combined we still cannot get a single cogent post.

RealFakeHair
10-29-2013, 12:30 PM
I didn't realize we were in a compe***ion. If you feel James "got me" on something, okay. If James feels like he was victorius in something, okay.

Sadly, the only 2 people posting regularly here anymore are RealFakeHair and James, and taking both of them combined we still cannot get a single cogent post.

I live a bored life, but maybe that is my lot in life. It doesn't change the face Jame was right and you were wrong. We all step into it from time to time, although I can't remember the last time it happened to me, but I have short term memory lost anyways. lol

Sir
10-29-2013, 01:20 PM
I live a bored life, but maybe that is my lot in life. It doesn't change the face Jame was right and you were wrong. We all step into it from time to time, although I can't remember the last time it happened to me, but I have short term memory lost anyways. lol

Wrong about what?

James' posts being long-winded rants?

You and James not writing cogents posts?

What exactly are you referring to in saying I was wrong?

RealFakeHair
10-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Wrong about what?

James' posts being long-winded rants?

You and James not writing cogents posts?

What exactly are you referring to in saying I was wrong?

Let me try and Xplane, First when commenting on a subject with a praise or complaint it is best to have read up on the subject. Although you don't have to read up on any of my subjects to praise them of course.

Sir
10-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Let me try and Xplane, First when commenting on a subject with a praise or complaint it is best to have read up on the subject. Although you don't have to read up on any of my subjects to praise them of course.

I'll take that as you cannot tell me what you think I am wrong about.

Thank you.

RealFakeHair
10-29-2013, 01:48 PM

Thank you.

Maybe it just cant be done, or something like not seeing the Forest for the billboard.

Sir
10-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Maybe it just cant be done

Um...yeah.

Typical.

Billyray
10-30-2013, 01:09 AM

***uming that you have not broken the rules of the board--who has authority to dictate to you or to me if we should post on this board or simply walk away?

Billyray
10-30-2013, 01:10 AM

That is easy. Your belief in false gods.

James Banta
10-30-2013, 07:44 AM

What I said to sir was that he couldn't respond to my posts if he hadn't read them.. He can post anything we wishes to post but if he hasn't read mine how could he respond to what I have posted? I don't think he understood.. I could say Billy your hair is a mess.. But you had posted Praise God from whom all blessings come.. Would what I said be a response to your post? No! If I didn't read what you posted I can't really write a post that makes any sense at all.. He just went off in a totally errant direction. Not to unusual for an LDS.. IHS jim

Sir
10-30-2013, 07:51 AM
What I said to sir was that he couldn't respond to my posts if he hadn't read them.. He can post anything we wishes to post but if he hasn't read mine how could he respond to what I have posted?

Easy. When you know someone's thoughts well enough, know how they post, know basically what they are going to say, and you see what amounts to a diatribe in response to something, it doesn't require reading the diatribe to know that is what it is.

I don't think he understood..

The first 3 words here are correct.

I could say Billy your hair is a mess.. But you had posted Praise God from whom all blessings come.. Would what I said be a response to your post? No! If I didn't read what you posted I can't really write a post that makes any sense at all.. He just went off in a totally errant direction. Not to unusual for an LDS.. IHS jim

No, I just called your whiney post out for what it was.

And it is pretty funny to hear *you* accuse LDS of "going off in a totally errant direction" in posting!! Buwahahaha.....

billyray must be LDS according to you since he decided to chime in this thread with his own attempt at a zinger which was quite an "errant direction" from this thread. :p

nrajeffreturns
10-30-2013, 01:24 PM
What I said to sir was that he couldn't respond to my posts if he hadn't read them..

Is that like "How can BrianH at Carm attack the Book of Mormon if he hasn't read it?"

RealFakeHair
10-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Is that like "How can BrianH at Carm attack the Book of Mormon if he hasn't read it?"
Xplain that the (Sir) too!

Billyray
10-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Not at all. That would be like saying you have to read ALL of Jim's posts.

Billyray
10-30-2013, 05:28 PM
billyray must be LDS according to you since he decided to chime in this thread with his own attempt at a zinger which was quite an "errant direction" from this thread. :p
Here was you post followed by mine.

It is easy to tell you what you are wrong about.

Sir
10-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Here was you post followed by mine.

It is easy to tell you what you are wrong about.

My belief about God was not topical to the thread when RFH said I was wrong.

You answering for RFH when I asked him what I was wrong about by interjecting your own non-topical belief of what you think I am wrong about, is exactly what is meant by taking a post in an "errant direction".

Your direction is just a circle....a merry-go-round. That's why you continue to try and get LDS to play on it with you.

Billyray
10-30-2013, 07:19 PM
My belief about God was not topical to the thread when RFH said I was wrong.

You answering for RFH when I asked him what I was wrong about by interjecting your own non-topical belief of what you think I am wrong about, is exactly what is meant by taking a post in an "errant direction".

Your direction is just a circle....a merry-go-round. That's why you continue to try and get LDS to play on it with you.

The thing about you is that you have no interest in actually talking about Mormonism. When I told you what you are wrong about instead of actually wanting to defend yourself you pull out your "circle--a merry-go-round" quote. You use this line in your attempt to retreat because in your heart you know that you can't defend what you believe from the Bible. All you can do is try and pick and posters--as long as it doesn't require trying to actually defend your false religion.

James Banta
10-30-2013, 08:46 PM
[Sir;148884]Easy. When you know someone's thoughts well enough, know how they post, know basically what they are going to say, and you see what amounts to a diatribe in response to something, it doesn't require reading the diatribe to know that is what it is.

If you know the Biblical Gospel because of my words. If you know the Biblical Christ because of my words. And you know these things so well that you know how I will respond, then leaving the forum might be best for you if you aren't going to believe the truth so clearly stated in the Bible.. I hope I am predictable in my teaching.. That is far better than making up a new gospel ever few years as Smith did, and mormonism did after him..

And it is pretty funny to hear *you* accuse LDS of "going off in a totally errant direction" in posting!!

If what you say doesn't agree with the Bible it is errant.. To teach that there are three Gods with whom we have to do is ANTI Biblical.. That is the majority opinion in mormonism. There is one other and I don't pretend to know where your mind is on the subject. That only the Father is God and Jesus is merely His first born "created son", and is not a God at all.. One denies the Bible as God's truth when He teaches us that NO GOD WAS FORM BEFORE OR AFTER HIM. The other denies the deity of Christ. It doesn't matter which way you choose both doctrines are errant.

billyray must be LDS according to you since he decided to chime in this thread with his own attempt at a zinger which was quite an "errant direction" from this thread.

You can take that up with him.. IHS jim

James Banta
10-30-2013, 08:54 PM

I don't answer for him either.. Take that up with him.. I have read the BofM more than once. I condemn it as false teaching.. No One has ever done all they can do.. According to James we MUST cloth the naked, feed the hungry, and care for the widows and orphan. There is always ONE MORE hour we could have used to help them. One more dollar we could give.. Not one of us have ever done all we can do, so according to the BofM not one of us can be saved by the grace of God.. The Bible teaches us that the Grace of God come to those who have faith in Jesus.. At least that is a reachable goal.. You want someone who has read the BofM to show you problems with it.. I met your requirements.. IHS jim

Sir
10-30-2013, 10:12 PM
The thing about you is that you have no interest in actually talking about Mormonism.

With you? True.

When I told you what you are wrong about instead of actually wanting to defend yourself you pull out your "circle--a merry-go-round" quote.

Well, duh. You have 23,000+ posts here. You think I (and everyone else here) don't know your game? With all those posts you still have yet to convince any of us of what you think is true.

You use this line in your attempt to retreat because in your heart you know that you can't defend what you believe from the Bible.

False. But your psycho-****ysis of me is about as accurate as your theological beliefs.

All you can do is try and pick and posters--as long as it doesn't require trying to actually defend your false religion.

The only posters here are you (who is a one-hit questions asking wonder), James (who can barely string a paragraph together that makes complete sense and whose posts bore me so much I can't even get through them anymore), and RealFakeHair (who makes ludicrous comments and occasionally lashes out but offers nothing for me to consider).

Besides, my true religion doesn't need a defense from me to you since your heart is stone and you are past feeling and nothing I say or do will ever be accepted by you. Time is too precious to waste on that.

Billyray
10-30-2013, 10:36 PM
With you? True.

You have no interest in defending Mormonism with anyone on this board.

Billyray
10-30-2013, 10:40 PM
False. But your psycho-****ysis of me is about as accurate as your theological beliefs.
Why don't you prove me wrong and try to engage any Christian on this board about Mormonism?

Sir
10-30-2013, 10:50 PM
You have no interest in defending Mormonism with anyone on this board.

Well, considering "anyone" who is not LDS who posts here are you, James, and RFH, you are right.

I gave my reasons above.

Thought I made that clear.

Sir
10-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Why don't you prove me wrong and try to engage any Christian on this board about Mormonism?

See?

Always pleading for LDS to play with you.

Sad, really.

James Banta
10-31-2013, 08:07 AM
See?

Always pleading for LDS to play with you.

Sad, really.

If you don't want to engage in the discussion why do you even bother to stop in here? You are just a finger in a gl*** of water. Pulled out the hole will not remain and the finger will not be missed.. IHS jim

Sir
10-31-2013, 08:50 AM
If you don't want to engage in the discussion why do you even bother to stop in here?

To see the inane things the critics of my faith are spouting and to see if they have come up with anything new or substantial.

You are just a finger in a gl*** of water. Pulled out the hole will not remain and the finger will not be missed.. IHS jim

Uhhh....yeeeahhh.....okay.

RealFakeHair
10-31-2013, 09:14 AM
To see the inane things the critics of my faith are spouting and to see if they have come up with anything new or substantial.

Uhhh....yeeeahhh.....okay.

Sir. This is why your religion is considered a CULT! You keep deep dark secrets or embarr***ments covered in a cloud of non-answers or bait and switch tactics. We all know what Brigham Young meant when he used the word (natural) and the example of was begotten of his father, as we were of our fathers." (JoD, vol. 8, p. 115).
Maybe just maybe your parents didn't explain the birds and bees to you, but if you like I will. My Father had sex with my mother, 'I hope it was natural'; anway if you take it all the way back to what Brigham Young was saying it meant the mormon jesus was begotten by his father in the same natural way I was begotten by my father, ie sex!
If you don't like it find, but don't blame Christians for our disgust of your Brigham Young!

Billyray
11-02-2013, 04:23 PM

Why do you want something new when you can't address the problems that have already been brought up multiple times on this board? Again you have no interest in actually talking about Mormonism. Do you?

Sir
11-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Why do you want something new when you can't address the problems that have already been brought up multiple times on this board?

Your "problems" have been addressed many times, here, at CARM, and for the last 180 years.

The real "problem" is you anti-LDS never accept any answer because you believe your answers are the only correct ones. So you keep asking questions, not to get answers but to try and make a point that you have a problem.

Again you have no interest in actually talking about Mormonism. Do you?

See? Thank you for that perfect example! I have already answered THAT question multiple times in this thread alone, and yet, you continue to ask it as if you never received an answer.

Just like you do with LDS theology.

Goes to show you really need LDS posters here to play with you. That's why you keep responding to me trying to get me to play with you.

Kind of sad.

Billyray
11-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Your "problems" have been addressed many times, here, at CARM, and for the last 180 years.

No they have not been addressed and you have no intention to try and address them. Do you?

Kind of sad.

The sad thing is that you refuse to even try to defend your beliefs.

Sir
11-02-2013, 07:11 PM
No they have not been addressed and you have no intention to try and address them. Do you?

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server200/fcd79/products/50/images/248/merry-go-round-10__62014.1332190510.1280.1280.jpg

The sad thing is that you refuse to even try to defend your beliefs.

http://foot*****peak.com/PostImages/uploadedimage/2013_5_17_18_20.jpg

James Banta
11-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Do you read the scripture? Does it change so as to better hold your attention. Is the Gospel message in flux so you can enjoy it more fully? No, God's promises and intent are always consistent. The same message he offered to us in Jesus was retold again and again by those that held faith in Him.. All you have of the Real Gospel story is contempt..

I have already shown that the LDS don't believe in the Bible as God preserved it for us.. I guess hearing the same old, old story of Jesus and His love is a merry-go-round to you as well.. IHS jim

Billyray
11-03-2013, 10:59 PM
http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server200/fcd79/products/50/images/248/merry-go-round-10__62014.1332190510.1280.1280.jpg

Is this really your answer to what I said which was "No they have not been addressed and you have no intention to try and address them. Do you?"

James Banta
11-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Is this really your answer to what I said which was "No they have not been addressed and you have no intention to try and address them. Do you?"

HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM the message we get from mormonism "Have you read the BofM, have you prayed about it".. Around and around they go.. IHS jim

Pa Pa
11-14-2013, 07:24 PM
It is the truth that CC banned so many of the LDS posters that they were soon ALL gone.. But WM seldom bans anyone.. I believe that is because the postings are done with curtsey in mind and that is really all Jill ever asked of us to be, courteous.. The LDS seem to love comparing apple with Abrams tanks.. After all they are so much alike, right???? IHS jimThis site is just in cyberspace and is nothing but a place where a few people debate Mormonism with themselves. 90% of threads are by you! with lurkers popping in and out? CC, was a private toy of Bob Betts who just got lazy. Also since he just wants a "hi-five", "look at me"; why have someone make me look foolish.

James Banta
11-15-2013, 12:17 PM
This site is just in cyberspace and is nothing but a place where a few people debate Mormonism with themselves. 90% of threads are by you! with lurkers popping in and out? CC, was a private toy of Bob Betts who just got lazy. Also since he just wants a "hi-five", "look at me"; why have someone make me look foolish.

I agree.. Still there is no demand here that the LDS agree with the Christians as was demanded on CC.. As I said there is no comparison between the two sites even with the demands from as many of the LDS posters that there is..

BTW I also agree with your signature.. There is no such thing as Christian tolerance. Jesus said that He is the only Way to God.. The LDS demand that their church is that Way.. There is no tolerance in mormonism either (See the Mountain Meadow M***acre).. IHS jim

alanmolstad
03-16-2017, 07:17 PM
after reading the way this topic got tossed around....I seem to have forgotten what it started out as?

dberrie2000
03-18-2017, 05:33 AM
after reading the way this topic got tossed around....I seem to have forgotten what it started out as?

I believe it was this:

Originally Posted by James Banta View Pos*** is the truth that CC banned so many of the LDS posters that they were soon ALL gone.. But WM seldom bans anyone.. I believe that is because the postings are done with curtsey in mind and that is really all Jill ever asked of us to be, courteous..

Which is rather an anomaly--seeing Jim was banned. Personally--I rather miss him. I wish he would return.

alanmolstad
03-18-2017, 05:52 AM
Lets remember...

banning does not happen to people out of the blue, rather is something that people bring on themselves.

I have watched over the years members of this site come and go.
I have seen people that were great additions to a message board, slowly start to show their frustration....slowly start to become unable to maintain their posts within the rules.

I have noticed that in almost every case where a member gets Banned, this would not have happened had the member taken my advice and put another guest on their personal IGNORE LIST....it saves a lot of time and trouble.

dberrie2000
03-18-2017, 09:17 AM
Lets remember...

banning does not happen to people out of the blue, rather is something that people bring on themselves.

I have watched over the years members of this site come and go.
I have seen people that were great additions to a message board, slowly start to show their frustration....slowly start to become unable to maintain their posts within the rules.

I have noticed that in almost every case where a member gets Banned, this would not have happened had the member taken my advice and put another guest on their personal IGNORE LIST....it saves a lot of time and trouble.

I still miss conversing with those who have been banned.

alanmolstad
03-18-2017, 09:21 AM
I still miss conversing with those who have been banned.

I have no information on where the gentleman is posting now?

dberrie2000
03-18-2017, 10:10 AM
I have no information on where the gentleman is posting now?

I have no idea--but I do run into some others which have been banned here, on other sites.

alanmolstad
03-18-2017, 10:56 AM
I have no idea--but I do run into some others which have been banned here, on other sites.

fine.
say "Hi" for me

alanmolstad
03-18-2017, 11:04 AM
as far as comparing this WM site to Concerned Christians goes, I cant really do that personally.

Im not a member of Concerned Christians , so I cant say what that place is like.

James says lots of Mormons get banned there, if that is the case I really have no comment other than I dont see anyone disagreeing with that fact.

We also have had our share of Mormons get banned from this site as well.
In every case, the Mormons were banned for about the same reason,,,,personal attacks.

That also is why many of all the other religions also seem to get banned for.

the breaking of the normal chat rules gets people WARNINGS, and sometimes get a short ban on them.
But mostly people learn to correct their posts to stay within the rules.

But the use of personal attacks by members is a problem that seems just too hard for many people to overcome.
People get frustrated, they start to attack each other in personal ways, they start to call names....and at that point no warning from the MOD will do much good.

anyway....thats what i have noticed over the years here.....

alanmolstad
03-20-2017, 04:23 AM

In nearly every single case , where a past member of this message board ended up getting themselves BANNED, you could see it coming.

You could see in the person's posts that they no longer cared.

You could tell by their words that the rules just did not mean anything to them anymore.

No one around here gets BANNED because "They didn't like what i was saying", as if the person's ideas were just too smart, too tricky to argue against.
No one gets BANNED for being a member of a different religion around here.
No one gets banned because they just are smarter than the other people or the MOD.

But time after time we see the same thing happen when people just get too frustrated.

The frustration builds to a point where people just cant take it anymore.

and thats when they start to break the rules....and depending on how badly they break the rules, or how they respond to being WARNED, they may get BANNED.

As for us guys attempting to stop someone from crossing that line so they dont get BANNED and we end up with a loss of another person to talk to here?....good luck with that.

I have tried ...I have tried to send a private message to guys that I saw breaking the rules and i tried to warn them.
So far it did not slow them down a bit.

I have tried to stay out of some of the more heated conversations over the years when I saw that "They are asking for trouble"...and then I tried to just chime-in and warn people to show better manners or they risk BANNING.....it did not help.

Im not sure there is an answer?

We had one guy a few months ago here that was a great poster, and would fill the forum with new posts for us to read....then he started to get angry and his posts started to cross the line.
I tried to point this out, and that only made the guy even more angry at me now...and I was not even in their conversation!
He got BANNED the next week.

Whose to blame?