PDA

View Full Version : You Can't Make This Stuff Up!

Sir
11-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Just when you thought the Anti-LDS Inc. crowd couldn't get more absurd:

Dear Apollos,

You have received a warning at Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat.

Reason:
-------
Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users. Rule 25: Freedom of Speech: Freedom of speech here comes with the responsibility to speak decently within the parameters of the rules.By registering you are agreeing not to be vulgar, divisive,insulting,profane, etc. (read all the rules). It helps to try and treat others as you want to be treated. Send alerts, do not attempt to moderate posters (Luke 6:31)

no matter the provocation, as in "he's.....4." Just leave it alone, when you see someone violating a rule and alert the mods.
-------

Original Post:
http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=4993719

Originally Posted by biblos

Hey dumb dumb......

There's the fruit of the cult of Anti-LDS Inc.

Not to mention....my 4 year old would say that and giggle.

But he's.......4

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat

That's right.

And Anti-Mo called a Mormon a "dumb dumb". I figured I would report it, but I also responded to it with the above comments (in blue).

Apparently it was insulting to:

1) point out that these are fruits of anti-mormonism

2) tell them that my 4 year old has made the same comment.

RealFakeHair
11-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Great, now answer the question or something.

nrajeffreturns
11-22-2013, 04:19 PM

It would be fun to call biblos a dummy, and see what happens.

James Banta
11-22-2013, 05:15 PM

That's right.

And Anti-Mo called a Mormon a "dumb dumb". I figured I would report it, but I also responded to it with the above comments (in blue).

Apparently it was insulting to:

1) point out that these are fruits of anti-mormonism

2) tell them that my 4 year old has made the same comment.

I have two problems with this post..

1. Sir is pointing to some Corporate ent ity that just doesn't exist.. Where as there are at least 2 Corporate ent ities that do exist inside the LDS church. The Corporation of the Presiding Bishop of the LDS church was organized in 1916. This was done to allow the LDS church to legally buy, hold, and sell real property in the state of Utah. Then in 1923 the Corporation of the President of LDS church was established. It's purposes was to receive and handle monies earned or given to the church. With these corporations the church has no requirement to report their actions in terms of property or money mangagement to the membership. There are no such corporations anywhere within the Church. Like many of his doctrines this was invented in the mind of a man.. This time his own..

2. You seem to be reporting a breaking of the rules to the wrong forum.. This didn't happen here.. I agree that such a charge is not just against the rules of CARM, as it would be here, it is also totally inaccurate.. I am called a liar on many occasions as I spread myself out to forums like Yahoo Answers or SLCtrib.com. But have I reported that here? NOPE, and you shouldn't report problem with CARM here either.. That that up with the mods at CARM.. So either grow a thicker skin or complain where the complaint is warranted.. IHS jim

James Banta
11-22-2013, 05:24 PM
It would be fun to call biblos a dummy, and see what happens.

This reflects poorly on the name caller from CARM, and doing what you think would be funny would reflect poorly on you.. You should think about it and see even how even saying that makes you look.. IHS jim

Sir
11-22-2013, 10:56 PM
I have two problems with this post..

1. Sir is pointing to some Corporate ent ity that just doesn't exist.. Where as there are at least 2 Corporate ent ities that do exist inside the LDS church. The Corporation of the Presiding Bishop of the LDS church was organized in 1916. This was done to allow the LDS church to legally buy, hold, and sell real property in the state of Utah. Then in 1923 the Corporation of the President of LDS church was established. It's purposes was to receive and handle monies earned or given to the church. With these corporations the church has no requirement to report their actions in terms of property or money mangagement to the membership. There are no such corporations anywhere within the Church. Like many of his doctrines this was invented in the mind of a man.. This time his own..

2. You seem to be reporting a breaking of the rules to the wrong forum.. This didn't happen here.. I agree that such a charge is not just against the rules of CARM, as it would be here, it is also totally inaccurate.. I am called a liar on many occasions as I spread myself out to forums like Yahoo Answers or SLCtrib.com. But have I reported that here? NOPE, and you shouldn't report problem with CARM here either.. That that up with the mods at CARM.. So either grow a thicker skin or complain where the complaint is warranted.. IHS jim

This reflects poorly on the name caller from CARM, and doing what you think would be funny would reflect poorly on you.. You should think about it and see even how even saying that makes you look.. IHS jim

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

James Banta
11-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes I am starting to understand how your mind works or as it failed to work in this last post.. That's fine.. I have found new excitement in my posting here.. IHS jim

Sir
11-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Yes I am starting to understand how your mind works or as it failed to work in this last post.. That's fine.. I have found new excitement in my posting here.. IHS jim

My mind works great, Jimmy.

I'm glad a stranger stalked you out to validate your existence on this forum. Be proud. I'm sure you haven't felt this excited since......okay, I wont go there. :)

nrajeffreturns
11-23-2013, 06:05 PM
This reflects poorly on the name caller from CARM, and doing what you think would be funny would reflect poorly on you..
I don't know.... doing an experiment to see whether Cram's moderators still use a double standard doesn't seem like it would reflect that badly on me. Besides, to the antis at Cram I am already an illiterate, hellbound, unregenerated, demonic, Smith-worshiping cretin, so if I did try this experiment, is it even possible that they would think more poorly of me than they already do? :)

You should think about it and see even how even saying that makes you look.. IHS jim
I thought about it, and might make me look like an exposer of Cram's double standards. A bit like Martin Luther looked after he decided to expose abuses by the RCC.
I think I can live with that image....

James Banta
11-23-2013, 06:09 PM
My mind works great, Jimmy.

I'm glad a stranger stalked you out to validate your existence on this forum. Be proud. I'm sure you haven't felt this excited since......okay, I wont go there. :)

He saw your posts as well sir.. Did he call you? No? I wonder why that would be.. Maybe because your doctrines here are so out of tune with the scripture that all that can be heard is a fearful squeal.. This is not a great honor for me.. What is shows is that people beyond the regular posters are actually seeing and reading these posts.. The forum lives.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns
11-23-2013, 06:45 PM
He saw your posts as well sir.. Did he call you? No? I wonder why that would be.. Maybe because your doctrines here are so out of tune with the scripture that all that can be heard is a fearful squeal..
Or maybe he didn't call Sir because Sir hasn't posted his real name and city of residence, which would have made it possible to look up his number in the phone book...

Sir
11-23-2013, 07:02 PM
He saw your posts as well sir.. Did he call you? No? I wonder why that would be.. Maybe because your doctrines here are so out of tune with the scripture that all that can be heard is a fearful squeal.. This is not a great honor for me.. What is shows is that people beyond the regular posters are actually seeing and reading these posts.. The forum lives.. IHS jim

James,

I really am glad nobody reading here is stalking me and finding out my phone number to call me.

But since you see it at a badge of honor, as validation of your posts, and so forth I am happy for you. really!! You seem to have needed someone to communicate with you and now that you have, fantastic! You found a friend!

How come your wife quit posting here? What does she think about thus guy finding you and calling you? What would happen if it were a woman poster? How would that go down calling your house and asking for James and claiming to be someone that has met you on the internet?

Sir
11-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Or maybe he didn't call Sir because Sir hasn't posted his real name and city of residence, which would have made it possible to look up his number in the phone book...

Don't confuse him. :p

James Banta
11-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Don't confuse him. :p

And you don't allow a message to be sent to you through the forum? Again I ask, did he call either of you? Maybe it's your message and not the person.. IHS jim

Sir
11-23-2013, 09:48 PM
And you don't allow a message to be sent to you through the forum? Again I ask, did he call either of you? Maybe it's your message and not the person.. IHS jim

Jimmy,

I realize you are super excited that someone reached out to talk to you. It really isn't that far-fetched that a pastor in UT talked to you considering you guys are simpaticos.

No he didn't message me. That's okay. I really don't care. You are kind of acting like a school boy who was contacted by a cute girl and you're so excited that you are trying to rub it in other people's faces that she didn't call them. Just enjoy your new found friend and the excitement that comes with it. :p

And hey, if you want to attribute it to the WM forums being alive and well, who are we to stop you? You can feel any way you want about it.

:)

James Banta
11-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Jimmy,

I realize you are super excited that someone reached out to talk to you. It really isn't that far-fetched that a pastor in UT talked to you considering you guys are simpaticos.

No he didn't message me. That's okay. I really don't care. You are kind of acting like a school boy who was contacted by a cute girl and you're so excited that you are trying to rub it in other people's faces that she didn't call them. Just enjoy your new found friend and the excitement that comes with it. :p

And hey, if you want to attribute it to the WM forums being alive and well, who are we to stop you? You can feel any way you want about it.

:)

If there in one who is lurking here there are others.. This one thought my posts were interesting enough to find my telephone number and call me.. The call wasn't what was so important. What was, was learning that he was there. Now I believe there are many like him but wish to remain behind the scenes. That is what make me really see life in the ole forum.. You don't have to agree.. That doesn't matter.. I get to lift the name of my Lord and show the difference between the eternal God taught in the Bible and the myth of the gods of mormonism not seen in the Bible but only explained from the imagination of men.. IHS jim

James Banta
11-24-2013, 08:39 AM
James,

I really am glad nobody reading here is stalking me and finding out my phone number to call me.

But since you see it at a badge of honor, as validation of your posts, and so forth I am happy for you. really!! You seem to have needed someone to communicate with you and now that you have, fantastic! You found a friend!

How come your wife quit posting here? What does she think about thus guy finding you and calling you? What would happen if it were a woman poster? How would that go down calling your house and asking for James and claiming to be someone that has met you on the internet?

No worries it was a man that is a minister of the Gospel.. If your wish comes true the phone would be on hands free so that she could hear what was being said.. My wife doesn't have the call to reach out to the LDS as I do.. If she did she would be here in obedience to that call.. I don't judge her spiritual gifts and she doesn't judge mine.. IHS jim

James Banta
11-24-2013, 09:00 AM
I don't know.... doing an experiment to see whether Cram's moderators still use a double standard doesn't seem like it would reflect that badly on me. Besides, to the antis at Cram I am already an illiterate, hellbound, unregenerated, demonic, Smith-worshiping cretin, so if I did try this experiment, is it even possible that they would think more poorly of me than they already do? :)

I thought about it, and might make me look like an exposer of Cram's double standards. A bit like Martin Luther looked after he decided to expose abuses by the RCC.
I think I can live with that image....

There is an old saying "It is better to keep your mouth shut and be precised as a fool, that to open it and remove all doubt". Maybe you should stay with their presumption and hold onto some dignity than to confirm their thoughts of you..

I too was thought to be an illiterate, hellbound, demonic, Smith-hating cretin on MMAD. Their opinion of me because, like I did there as I do here pointing out the errors of mormonism through the Bible, lead them to ban me for life.. It wasn't because I named called or used improper language, but was because I used LDS historic documents, LDS scripture, and God's word the Bible to prove that the LDS church is NOT a restoration of the first century Church.. It's prophets, unlike the Biblical prophets taught in the name of other Gods, It's authority man's authority and not God's. Since they could deal with hearing the truth I was gone.. They said I broke the rules but couldn't tell me which rule I broke.. Still it was their site and I would lie my way back on as has been done here by some LDS again and again..

Martin Luther took his complaint directly to the Catholic church.. He nailed His objection to their practices right to the door of the church.. He didn't run a secret new letter and issue it to others that may or may not agree with the practices of the Catholics.. So if you like Luther that much take your objection to CARM and nail them to their door.. This isn't CARM.. IHS jim

Sir
11-24-2013, 12:43 PM
There is an old saying "It is better to keep your mouth shut and be precised as a fool, that to open it and remove all doubt". Maybe you should stay with their presumption and hold onto some dignity than to confirm their thoughts of you..

And yet, you continue to post.

I too was thought to be an illiterate, hellbound, demonic, Smith-hating cretin on MMAD. Their opinion of me because, like I did there as I do here pointing out the errors of mormonism through the Bible, lead them to ban me for life.. It wasn't because I named called or used improper language, but was because I used LDS historic documents, LDS scripture, and God's word the Bible to prove that the LDS church is NOT a restoration of the first century Church.. It's prophets, unlike the Biblical prophets taught in the name of other Gods, It's authority man's authority and not God's. Since they could deal with hearing the truth I was gone.. They said I broke the rules but couldn't tell me which rule I broke..

Well look who is complaining about MD&D. This isn't MD&D, James, so take your complaints to them. Don't bring them here. :p

Still it was their site and I would lie my way back on as has been done here by some LDS again and again..

I don't know that you need to confess your lies to us, but okay.

This isn't CARM.. IHS jim

This isn't MD&D

James Banta
11-24-2013, 04:06 PM
[Sir;149415]And yet, you continue to post.

Yes I do, I don't mind being a fool for Christ.. Haven't you noticed I use a lot of God word when I post? I guess you think of God as a fool too?

Well look who is complaining about MD&D. This isn't MD&D, James, so take your complaints to them. Don't bring them here. :p

I have no complaint about MDD. It is their website they could run it anyway they wanted.. I mentioned it because I can accept their rules without trying to defeat them as some have done here.. They banned me.. I am banned.. I have never even tried to go back after I was informed of that action.. If you wanted to say that you were banned from CARM because of their rules. That would be fine.. But no you and sir have tried to justify yourselves and condemn CARM.. I haven't done that with MDD. I broke their rules even though I didn't understand how I did so at the time..

I don't know that you need to confess your lies to us, but okay.

Bad typing again should be wouldn't not would.. IHS jim

Sir
11-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Yes I do, I don't mind being a fool for Christ.. Haven't you noticed I use a lot of God word when I post? I guess you think of God as a fool too?

Since you asked, no, I don't think God is a fool. But any fool can use God's word in a post and still have foolish ideology. We've seen lately that would be you and your "Jesus is perpetually dying on the cross and eternally in Hell" theories.

I have no complaint about MDD. It is their website they could run it anyway they wanted.. I mentioned it because I can accept their rules without trying to defeat them as some have done here.. They banned me.. I am banned.. I have never even tried to go back after I was informed of that action.. If you wanted to say that you were banned from CARM because of their rules. That would be fine.. But no you and sir have tried to justify yourselves and condemn CARM.. I haven't done that with MDD. I broke their rules even though I didn't understand how I did so at the time..

"You and sir....." I am Sir. Once again you are having a hard time keeping up. We aren't trying to justify ourselves. We are openly laughing and mocking the silly double-standards that are in the Anti-LDS mindset. It's relevant because you are part of that mindset.

Bad typing again should be wouldn't not would.. IHS jim

Or Freudian slip? ;)

James Banta
11-25-2013, 09:09 AM
[Sir;149420]Since you asked, no, I don't think God is a fool. But any fool can use God's word in a post and still have foolish ideology. We've seen lately that would be you and your "Jesus is perpetually dying on the cross and eternally in Hell" theories.

I have given Biblical authority for my doctrine on the Omnipresence of God.. Can you give me ANY biblical support that shows that His presence is limited in scope? You can no more do that than you can show that He was never anything but God, or that there is one electrons, quarks, or bosons that He didn't create..

"You and sir....." I am Sir. Once again you are having a hard time keeping up. We aren't trying to justify ourselves. We are openly laughing and mocking the silly double-standards that are in the Anti-LDS mindset. It's relevant because you are part of that mindset.

Ok you are sir and jeff is jeff.. You all sound the same.. But it doesn't really matter. Both of you laugh at the truth found in God's word.. It just like laughing in God's face.. That will be dealt with in time but not by me.. Do you know what is really funny? That grown men who have access to the Bible could believe the wild story of Joseph Smith as having seen the invisible God.. Even after the story was told at different times in wildly diverse ways.. One of those stories being reported in him own handwriting which excluded the presence of the Father.. That was how the report of the stoning of Steven was reported? There it is said that he saw Jesus standing on the right hand of God.. The story was never retold without the presence of God.. The conversion of Paul was never retold to include the presence of the Father.. Paul always reported that he "Saw the Lord'.. Smith story just kept growing until he had finally completed his invented story. But you believe it.. You believe it though prophets of mormonism that followed Smith in leadership never believed that story themselves..

But as it was in the days of our Savior, so was it in the advent of this new dispensation. It was not in accordance with the notions, traditions, and pre-conceived ideas of the American people. The messenger did not come to an eminent divine of any of the so-called orthodoxy, he did not adopt their interpretations of the Holy Scriptures. The Lord did not come with the armies of heaven, in power and great glory, nor send His messengers panoplied with aught else than the truth of heaven, to communicate to the meek, the lowly, and the youth of humble origin, the sincere enquirer after the knowledge of God. But He did send His angel to this same obscure person, Joseph Smith jun., who afterwards became a Prophet, Seer, and Revelator, and informed him that he should not join any of the religious sects of the day, for they were all wrong ... (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 2, p. 171).

Or Freudian slip? ;)

Nope just poor typing skills.. I have done it before I will most likely do it again. IHS jim

RealFakeHair
11-25-2013, 09:13 AM
You can't make this stuff up? Oh really? Alma: 10 And behold, he shall be aborn of Mary, at bJerusalem which is the cland of our forefathers, she being a dvirgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and econceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God.

Imagine That! The birth of Jesus told hundreds of years before the event, even got the name of the mother, OOPS, got the name of the town wrong. Can't win them all. lol

James Banta
11-25-2013, 09:34 AM
You can't make this stuff up? Oh really? Alma: 10 And behold, he shall be aborn of Mary, at bJerusalem which is the cland of our forefathers, she being a dvirgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and econceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God.

Imagine That! The birth of Jesus told hundreds of years before the event, even got the name of the mother, OOPS, got the name of the town wrong. Can't win them all. lol

Must have been a Freudian slip.. :) IHS jim

RealFakeHair
11-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Must have been a Freudian slip.. :) IHS jim

I believe it was Joseph Smith jr. Way of making humor, or maybe thinking to himself: "if they believe this BS they'll believe anything I tell them!"

nrajeffreturns
11-26-2013, 12:43 AM
"Both of you laugh at the truth found in God's word.. It just like laughing in God's face.. That will be dealt with in time but not by me.."

RealFakeHair
11-26-2013, 09:17 AM
"Both of you laugh at the truth found in God's word.. It just like laughing in God's face.. That will be dealt with in time but not by me.."

Look I do realize TBMs believe this BS coming from Joseph Smith jr. This is why I don't publicly ridicule his fairy tail.
I wish I could knock some sense, or shock you, but you are too fare gone into his cult, sad but that's life.
Really though Mary, wow what a guess! lol

James Banta
11-26-2013, 10:06 AM

Do we now? We believe Jesus as He said God is Spirit. We believe the Holy Spirit through Paul as He taught that God is invisible. We believe Him as He teaches us that Jesus made all things whether we can see them or not. That God is God from everlasting to everlasting. And mormonism teaches what? That God has a body as tangible as man's. That the elements are self existent while God is not.. But we doubt the scripture while the LDS believe it? I would rather be seen by you and the rest of your scripture hating friends as corrupt because I reject the Bible, in your minds, rather than accept it the way you do.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns
11-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Look I do realize TBMs believe this BS coming from Joseph Smith jr. This is why I don't publicly ridicule his fairy tail.

Your second sentence contradicts your first sentence. Do you realize THAT?

I wish I could knock some sense, or shock you,
If you want to shock me, how about you stop the posts that make you seem like a real ****? That's a change that would shock me. It would be a little like the change Saul underwent when he was on his way to Damascus.

RealFakeHair
11-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Your second sentence contradicts your first sentence. Do you realize THAT?

If you want to shock me, how about you stop the posts that make you seem like a real ****? That's a change that would shock me. It would be a little like the change Saul underwent when he was on his way to Damascus.

I love the word [B]contradiction[B], I wonder if that applied to Joseph Smith jr.Polygamous marriages were conducted in secret by Joseph Smith as early as 1832 and by a few select other members beginning in 1843. Throughout this time, the church publicly lied saying that it was not happening. Joseph eventually married at least 32 women in addition to Emma Smith, including 7 girls under 18 (the youngest being 14.