PDA

View Full Version : The Ritual Occult Magic of the Joseph Smith Family - Witchcraft!

Apologette
12-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Mormons are always telling us that the witchcraft and ritual magic that the Joseph Smith, Sr., family indulged in was common to most Americans in the nineteenth century. Don't know about others, but my ancestors never engaged in any occult rituals. The Smith family was deeply involved in the occult, to the point where their practices most likely did conjure up demons from the Satanic realm of darkness. Apparently, Joe, Jr., was a special host for these enti ties, and engaged in many magic/occult practices such as astrology, dowsing, crystal gazing, and finally telling ritual "lies" (that which the Bible calls "lying wonders" in 2 Thess. 2:8) which form the foundation of Mormonism. Lucy Mack Smith admitted that the family collectively engaged in occult activities in her book:

"Let not the reader suppose that because I shall pursue another topic for a season that we stopt our labor and went at trying to win the faculty of Abrac [,] drawing Magic circles or sooth saying [sic] to the neglect of all kinds of buisness [.W]e never during our lives suffered one important interest to swallow up every other obligation but whilst we worked with our hands we endeavored to remmember [sic] the service of & the welfare of our souls."

What are magic circles? Here is some information:

The Magic Circle.
A Consecrated Circle in which Great feats of Magical Operations are performed

It is a Sacred space set aside for Ceremonies and Rituals of High Magic. I am not going to go into major detail here. I am going to give you just the basics for your curiosity.
Within the circle one can transcend the physical world and take the mind to deeper and higher levels of consciousness. It acts as a protection barrier from all Evil and unwanted En***ies. From within this Magical Circle the Magician can Invoke and or conjure up any Demon or Angelic being that is desired for their bidding. Now take note that the En***ies are conjured to appear outside of the circle and into the Triangle of the Solomon (Triangle of the Art). The Magic Circle is for the Magician to stand in along with those who might wish to witness a Magical operation as such. The Circle must always be cleansed and Consecrated to make it a Sacred Protection barrier.

Here is the link, and pictures of these magic circles the Smiths were so fond of: http://www.spellsandmagic.com/Magic_Circle.html

This occult involvement no doubt led directly to the fact that the realm of darkness was able to use Joe Smith as a tool - a tool to attack the Church founded by the Lord Jesus Christ. A tool to produce false revelations. A tool who thought he had done a greater work than Jesus! A tool to sexually stalk young teenage girls and married women, and call it holy! This is what involvement with the occult does to those who involve themselves in it.

Mormonism is an occult religion, and this is why Christians must be equipped to deal with it by the power of the Holy Spirit: "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Eph. 6:12.

Mormonism is the fruit of occult contact in the 19th century - and has grown exponentially in a world which has turned its back on the True and Living God, and willingly embraced the lures of the New Age, Eastern Mysticism, and idolatry!

James Banta
12-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Mormons are always telling us that the witchcraft and ritual magic that the Joseph Smith, Sr., family indulged in was common to most Americans in the nineteenth century. Don't know about others, but my ancestors never engaged in any occult rituals. The Smith family was deeply involved in the occult, to the point where their practices most likely did conjure up demons from the Satanic realm of darkness. Apparently, Joe, Jr., was a special host for these enti ties, and engaged in many magic/occult practices such as astrology, dowsing, crystal gazing, and finally telling ritual "lies" (that which the Bible calls "lying wonders" in 2 Thess. 2:8) which form the foundation of Mormonism. Lucy Mack Smith admitted that the family collectively engaged in occult activities in her book:

"Let not the reader suppose that because I shall pursue another topic for a season that we stopt our labor and went at trying to win the faculty of Abrac [,] drawing Magic circles or sooth saying [sic] to the neglect of all kinds of buisness [.W]e never during our lives suffered one important interest to swallow up every other obligation but whilst we worked with our hands we endeavored to remmember [sic] the service of & the welfare of our souls."

The Magic Circle.

It is a Sacred space set aside for Ceremonies and Rituals of High Magic. I am not going to go into major detail here. I am going to give you just the basics for your curiosity.
Within the circle one can transcend the physical world and take the mind to deeper and higher levels of consciousness. It acts as a protection barrier from all Evil and unwanted En***ies. From within this Magical Circle the Magician can Invoke and or conjure up any Demon or Angelic being that is desired for their bidding. Now take note that the En***ies are conjured to appear outside of the circle and into the Triangle of the Solomon (Triangle of the Art). The Magic Circle is for the Magician to stand in along with those who might wish to witness a Magical operation as such. The Circle must always be cleansed and Consecrated to make it a Sacred Protection barrier.

Here is the link, and pictures of these magic circles the Smiths were so fond of: http://www.spellsandmagic.com/Magic_Circle.html

This occult involvement no doubt led directly to the fact that the realm of darkness was able to use Joe Smith as a tool - a tool to attack the Church founded by the Lord Jesus Christ. A tool to produce false revelations. A tool who thought he had done a greater work than Jesus! A tool to sexually stalk young teenage girls and married women, and call it holy! This is what involvement with the occult does to those who involve themselves in it.

Mormonism is an occult religion, and this is why Christians must be equipped to deal with it by the power of the Holy Spirit: "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Eph. 6:12.

Mormonism is the fruit of occult contact in the 19th century - and has grown exponentially in a world which has turned its back on the True and Living God, and willingly embraced the lures of the New Age, Eastern Mysticism, and idolatry!

I would agree that many people were into magic but not just in the 18th, and 19th centuries.. It continued into the 20th, and I would think we can call the use of ouija boards and good luck charms, occultic. It is everywhere.. Everywhere but in the Church.. So this is another bit of evidence that mormonism is a product of the world and not of God. It is based in what seems right to men for the child of the Most High can see that the ends of those practices is death.. IHS jim

Apologette
12-01-2013, 10:05 AM
I would agree that many people were into magic but not just in the 18th, and 19th centuries.. It continued into the 20th, and I would think we can call the use of ouija boards and good luck charms, occultic. It is everywhere.. Everywhere but in the Church.. So this is another bit of evidence that mormonism is a product of the world and not of God. It is based in what seems right to men for the child of the Most High can see that the ends of those practices is death.. IHS jim
And I think as this world's life winds up, people will give themselves more and more to the occult lures - for they have rejected God! Just look at America! Abortion on Demand! ****sexual Marriage! Sodom and Gomorrah has nothing over us!

Apologette
12-01-2013, 05:11 PM
If I was investigating a church to join, I sure wouldn't be joining Mormonism after learning about Joe Smiths alliance with the occult. That's one thing most people know enough to stay far away from. For all those searching for a Church, search with all your heart for Jesus Christ first! Let the Holy Spirit, not smooth words and promises be your guide. God will never lead anyone to a false prophet - and Smith was obviously a false prophet!

Apologette
12-02-2013, 12:17 PM
I believe that the Smiths, Joe and Hyrum particularly, were deeply involved with astrology. The fact that Smith died with an astrological talisman honoring his controlling planet, Jupiter, on him, says quite a lot.

RealFakeHair
12-02-2013, 12:21 PM
I believe that the Smiths, Joe and Hyrum particularly, were deeply involved with astrology. The fact that Smith died with an astrological talisman honoring his controlling planet, Jupiter, on him, says quite a lot.

Or maybe he was just a fan of Star Trek movies.

Apologette
12-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Or maybe he was just a fan of Star Track movies.

I've often thought that Star Treck petty much reflected much of Mormonism - gods on other planets, etc.

nrajeffreturns
12-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Mormons are always telling us that the witchcraft and ritual magic that the Joseph Smith, Sr., family indulged in was common to most Americans in the nineteenth century.
WE are always telling you that? Really? I am skeptical of that ***ertion. In fact, the only source I can think of for this claim is your poster boy, D. Michael Quinn-- a source I thought you considered to be dependable.

Don't know about others, but my ancestors never engaged in any occult rituals.
So you know for a fact that none of your ancestors used dowsing to locate underground water for wells?

" From within this Magical Circle the Magician can Invoke and or conjure up any Demon or Angelic being that is desired for their bidding."
Hey, if it really works, that mean it can really summon heavenly beings such as angels. What's not to like about that? Who wouldn't want some help from heavenly beings? :)

A tool to produce false revelations.
But you have claimed that all of his prophecies were false ones. Wouldn't you think that if he was getting help, even it was from Satan, that SOME or even MOST of his prophecies would be true ones? I mean, come on--you don't need help making prophecies that won't come true, right? People can do that all by themselves. So your problem is that if you are right in your claim that all of Smith's prophecies were false, then you are wrong in your claim that Satan helped him make those prophecies.

Mormonism is the fruit of occult contact in the 19th century - and has grown exponentially...
I thought you said we were shrinking by the millions....

Apologette
12-02-2013, 01:16 PM
WE are always telling you that? Really? I am skeptical of that ***ertion. In fact, the only source I can think of for this claim is your poster boy, D. Michael Quinn-- a source I thought you considered to be dependable.

So you know for a fact that none of your ancestors used dowsing to locate underground water for wells?

Hey, if it really works, that mean it can really summon heavenly beings such as angels. What's not to like about that? Who wouldn't want some help from heavenly beings? :)

But you have claimed that all of his prophecies were false ones. Wouldn't you think that if he was getting help, even it was from Satan, that SOME or even MOST of his prophecies would be true ones? I mean, come on--you don't need help making prophecies that won't come true, right? People can do that all by themselves. So your problem is that if you are right in your claim that all of Smith's prophecies were false, then you are wrong in your claim that Satan helped him make those prophecies.

I thought you said we were shrinking by the millions....

I don't think I should respond to someone who made such a crude statement as "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" when I was speaking about the death of my nephew. Perfectly disgusting.

RealFakeHair
12-02-2013, 01:33 PM
I thought you said we were shrinking by the millions.... Quote (nrajeff)

While in Mexico years ago I came across many so called members of the LDSinc. Come to find out many would attend Catholic m*** on Sunday mornings, then LDS meetings, and to top it off attend Baptist or pentecostal churches at night.
They have learned to take advantage of the many pirks and freebees.

Ma'am
12-02-2013, 03:11 PM

The Magic Circle.

My mamma always told me that just because lots of other folks practiced something didn't mean it was right. So, even if a lot of Americans on the frontier practiced this kind of magic didn't make it right for them to do so.

Apologette
12-02-2013, 03:28 PM
I thought you said we were shrinking by the millions.... Quote (nrajeff)

While in Mexico years ago I came across many so called members of the LDSinc. Come to find out many would attend Catholic m*** on Sunday mornings, then LDS meetings, and to top it off attend Baptist or pentecostal churches at night.
They have learned to take advantage of the many pirks and freebees. Having been down there a multi tude of times, I'm inclined to agree with that.

Apologette
12-02-2013, 03:30 PM
My mamma always told me that just because lots of other folks practiced something didn't mean it was right. So, even if a lot of Americans on the frontier practiced this kind of magic didn't make it right for them to do so.

One reason the 19th century saw the rise of so many cults was the fact that the people had strayed so far from God - Russellism, Christian Science, Spiritism, Unitarianism, Campbellism, and a myraid of odd ball groups, including the Mormons, were spawned in an era of apostasy by many.

Ma'am
12-02-2013, 03:47 PM
One reason the 19th century saw the rise of so many cults was the fact that the people had strayed so far from God - Russellism, Christian Science, Spiritism, Unitarianism, Campbellism, and a myraid of odd ball groups, including the Mormons, were spawned in an era of apostasy by many.

I know, plus freedom of religion was a great help, too. So, anything was likely to flourish in the "burned over area" of the Northeast.

Apologette
12-02-2013, 04:07 PM
I know, plus freedom of religion was a great help, too. So, anything was likely to flourish in the "burned over area" of the Northeast.

And it's amazing how many cults flourished in a specific area of the Northeast - New York. I had one person who lived there suggest that there was some type of demonic control over that area which produced these bizarre religions. Could be!

nrajeffreturns
12-02-2013, 05:11 PM
One reason the 19th century saw the rise of so many cults was the fact that the people had strayed so far from God - Russellism,
I had a suspicion that Russ B. had started his own church! :)

Christian Science, Spiritism, Unitarianism, Campbellism,
...Calvinism, Trinitarianism, Anglicanism...

spawned in an era of apostasy by many.
I guess Jesus was right when He told Joseph Smith that apostasy had become a major problem!

Ma'am
12-03-2013, 08:24 AM

I guess Jesus was right when He told Joseph Smith that apostasy had become a major problem!

Calvinism, Trinitarianism, and Anglicism didn't start in northeastern US.

And Jesus didn't tell Joseph anything. He either made it up, or it was the devil disguised as an angel of light who spoke to him.

Apologette
12-03-2013, 09:14 AM
And I have yet to see proof that everybody in the 19th was messing around with the occult. That's one of the Mormon excuses we hear! Obviously the Smith family was deeply involved in it, using it for income actually! Most early Americans were not occultists, didn't follow the "stars" or carry sacred daggers (as did Hyrum) or wear astrological talismans. Or draw "magic circles" which were for spirit contact (as Lucy Mack Smith occupied the time of the Smiths.) It's quite obvious to all but the Mormons here that their religion is derived from demonic contacts and spiritism.

Apologette
12-03-2013, 09:16 AM

Until you are able to answer like an adult, I'm not responding to you. Get used to being on ignore.

Apologette
12-03-2013, 09:18 AM

And Jesus didn't tell Joseph anything. He either made it up, or it was the devil disguised as an angel of light who spoke to him.

He thinks wisecracks suffice for intelligence! Smith is such an obvious charlatan when one actually studies this village magician that only those deluded by "the god of this world," the one which one Mormon has told us is a "real god." cannot see that.

nrajeffreturns
12-03-2013, 06:25 PM
But they have infected a large part of it

And Jesus didn't tell Joseph anything.
He told Joseph more than He's told you, apparently.

James Banta
12-04-2013, 01:34 PM
[nrajeffreturns;149888]But they have infected a large part of it

Yes Thank God for that grace..

As he did you now ignore even his older statements that are in the BofM. Things like the Father Son and Holy Ghost are one God 2 Nephi 31:21, Testimony of the three witnesses, and Alma 11:26-29.. He also ignored the Bible as it teaches that the Lord our God in one Lord Deut 6:4 and confirmed by Jesus in Mark 12:29. The Mormon Jesus apparently lied to Joseph Smith.. Either that of Smith just made mormonism up as he went along.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns
12-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Jim, here's the truth: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost ARE one God---metaphorically.

Not literally.

After you realize that, then the Bible will make a whole lot more sense.

Ma'am
12-04-2013, 02:14 PM
But they have infected a large part of it

Yes, He did--He told me to "test the spirits" and I did--and Joseph Smith was a charlatan who I think made up everything. I am sorry you fell for his lies.

nrajeffreturns
12-04-2013, 10:18 PM
The fact that Smith died with an astrological talisman honoring his controlling planet, Jupiter, on him, says quite a lot.
Actually, the fact that you call an unfounded rumor a fact says quite a lot about how incorrect your definition of "fact" is.

Quinn was mistaken when he claimed, in his book Mormonism and the Magic World View, that Smith died with that thing. If he had done more homework he would have realized that it was not listed on the items that were found on Smith's body after he'd been murdered.

nrajeffreturns
12-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Yes, He did--He told me to "test the spirits" and I did--and Joseph Smith was a charlatan who I think made up everything.
You thought Joseph Smith was a SPIRIT? Maybe the spirit you should be testing is the one who's been telling you THAT.

Apologette
12-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Jim, here's the truth: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost ARE one God---metaphorically.

Not literally.

After you realize that, then the Bible will make a whole lot more sense.

Yeah, like you are "saved" metaphorically!

Isn't it funny how Mormons with their picayune intellects thinks they should be able to comprehend the Infinite God?

nrajeffreturns
12-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Yeah, like you are "saved" metaphorically!
Like husband and wife become one....metaphorically. NOT metaphysically.

Maybe the whole source of the Trinitarian false doctrine, was just because someone got those two words mixed up.

Isn't it funny how Mormons with their picayune intellects thinks they should be able to comprehend the Infinite God?
Just because we comprehend God slightly better than you do, doesn't mean we comprehend Him completely.

Apologette
12-11-2013, 11:55 AM

I believe that many people can come under the influence of demonic en t i t ies by using things like the ouija board, table knocking, seances, astrology, and other occult activities. Often these poor people end up in a cult. Mormonism definitely has an occultic lure.