PDA

View Full Version : Before You Join the Mormons, Do the Research!

Apologette
12-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Before You Join Mormonism: Meet Joseph Smith and Decide for Yourself what He was!

Are you being approached by Mormon missionaries? Mormon neighbors? Mormon relatives? Are they trying to convince you to join the "restored" Christian Church they call "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints," more commonly called the Mormon Church?

Before you do, you really need to research the history of Mormonism. The Mormon Church stands or falls with Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism. If Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, then we should all become Mormons. However, if Joseph Smith was a narcissistic egomaniac, a liar and deceiver, then this should be exposed to the whole world! Why? Because the Mormon Church is no restoration of Christianity at all (as it claims to be), but a counterfeit church, with another gospel.

Paul warned about those bringing a counterfeit gospel:

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse! (Galatians 1)

It is a serious sin to attempt to lead people to a false gospel and pervert the Gospel of Christ. In fact, it puts a person under a curse.

You need to evaluate Joseph Smith, read about the beliefs of Mormonism, and decide for yourself if Mormonism is really a restoration of Christianity or a Counterfeit. Watch this video about Smith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_obY9mfx7M

If you are seeking salvation and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, you will not find that in Mormonism. What you will find is: a works salvation; giving ten percent of your money to a vastly rich organization; having to get married in a Mormon temple, receiving an endowment and learning secret handshakes, tokens and p***words needed to enter into the highest Mormon heaven where one can progress to godhead, as did all gods before you.

Christians have a relationship with Jesus Christ, eternal God, who became flesh for us and went to the cross (not to the Garden as Mormons teach) to atone for those who place their faith in Him. Mormonism has a different God, a different Jesus and a different gospel and spirit. Learn the difference here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ-PweMqhGM

Do your research up front. Don't be pushed into baptism. Learn the basics here on the Walter Martin Forum.

James Banta
12-01-2013, 11:40 AM
If they did that research the growth of mormonism would stop. I will add this.. If they don't wish to redo all the research, they should come here and see what we can show them.. Either way mormonism will lose it's converts.. IHS jim

neverending
12-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Before You Join Mormonism: Meet Joseph Smith and Decide for Yourself what He was!

Are you being approached by Mormon missionaries? Mormon neighbors? Mormon relatives? Are they trying to convince you to join the "restored" Christian Church they call "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints," more commonly called the Mormon Church?

Before you do, you really need to research the history of Mormonism. The Mormon Church stands or falls with Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism. If Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, then we should all become Mormons. However, if Joseph Smith was a narcissistic egomaniac, a liar and deceiver, then this should be exposed to the whole world! Why? Because the Mormon Church is no restoration of Christianity at all (as it claims to be), but a counterfeit church, with another gospel.

Paul warned about those bringing a counterfeit gospel:

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse! (Galatians 1)

It is a serious sin to attempt to lead people to a false gospel and pervert the Gospel of Christ. In fact, it puts a person under a curse.

You need to evaluate Joseph Smith, read about the beliefs of Mormonism, and decide for yourself if Mormonism is really a restoration of Christianity or a Counterfeit. Watch this video about Smith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_obY9mfx7M

If you are seeking salvation and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, you will not find that in Mormonism. What you will find is: a works salvation; giving ten percent of your money to a vastly rich organization; having to get married in a Mormon temple, receiving an endowment and learning secret handshakes, tokens and p***words needed to enter into the highest Mormon heaven where one can progress to godhead, as did all gods before you.

Christians have a relationship with Jesus Christ, eternal God, who became flesh for us and went to the cross (not to the Garden as Mormons teach) to atone for those who place their faith in Him. Mormonism has a different God, a different Jesus and a different gospel and spirit. Learn the difference here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ-PweMqhGM

Do your research up front. Don't be pushed into baptism. Learn the basics here on the Walter Martin Forum.

Thank you for a wonderful post. How my heart breaks knowing that all my family is caught up in Mormonism and because I and James left it, we are outcasts. Even with that, we look to Christ for He is our Savior and loved us so much, he gave up his life for us. He took all our sins upon himself and took our place on the cross. I owe him everything for only 5 years ago when James was so ill and then almost killed in a car accident, I became very angry with God. My sin was great for the anger I felt within me and how I felt that God had abandoned me. Let me say, it was a wake up call for me. As I actually laid on my living room floor, sobbing to God for I was so alone at the time, but He was there. My eyesopened and the Holy Spirit comforted me and let me see how wrong I was. Prayers were answered when James' outcome was very grime. And yet, even though I was told that James would be in the ICU for a week, he spent one day, yes, only one day. Praise God for those answered prayers and I can say with all sincerity, that I've witnessed many answers to prayer since. I worship a loving & caringFather in Heaven. His only commandment for us is that we love and accept His son, Jesus Christ, nothing more. We don't have to work out our salvation for we receive it the second we accept Christ and turn our lives over to him. He leads us, and works in us and changes us. As a believer, we want to live for him and forsake doing evil. Without him in my life, I wouldn't make it through one day. He is my rock and my strength. During the darkest time in my life, he carried me when I didn't have the strength to go on. Thank you Father for your enduring love.
This is what awaits a person who will accept Jesus Christ, the knowledge that He is always there and will never forsake you. He will give you a new life and as you grow in Him, you will learn more about Him then you ever knew was possible. You will have the ***urance that when your eyes close for the last time, you will go to Him and live with Him for eternity, that all past sins will have been forgotten and you will never face judgment for Christ has stood in your place. God is there waiting, He is patient, won't you accept His free gift of love?

Apologette
12-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Thank you so much neverending for that wonderful testimony of God's grace. You know, about 25 years ago or so my little nephew was hit by a car after leaving the family yard (as my sister had warned him not to do). His head was crushed by a telephone pole, and he was in basically in a semi-vegetative state for three years before p***ing away. Now, my little sister could have been bitter (and I'm sure she was at times), but in those three years that God gave her before taking my little nephew (died at age 8) to be with Him, she grew in faith, and actually began to study to become a nurse. Today she is a wonderfully strong Christian, for God turned her mourning into praise. And she has a successful nursing career! I don't know why my little nephew p***ed on to eternal life (and I know he's with God right now), but God said He would turn our tears to joy. He did so in her case, and God changes all things to good for those who love HIM! Thank you again.

neverending
12-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Thank you so much neverending for that wonderful testimony of God's grace. You know, about 25 years ago or so my little nephew was hit by a car after leaving the family yard (as my sister had warned him not to do). His head was crushed by a telephone pole, and he was in basically in a semi-vegetative state for three years before p***ing away. Now, my little sister could have been bitter (and I'm sure she was at times), but in those three years that God gave her before taking my little nephew (died at age 8) to be with Him, she grew in faith, and actually began to study to become a nurse. Today she is a wonderfully strong Christian, for God turned her mourning into praise. And she has a successful nursing career! I don't know why my little nephew p***ed on to eternal life (and I know he's with God right now), but God said He would turn our tears to joy. He did so in her case, and God changes all things to good for those who love HIM! Thank you again.

You're welcome but the story of your sister losing her son is tragic. As a parent, we are not supposed to bury our children but sometimes things happen. What is comforting, is knowing that your nephew is with the Lord and I only wish I could say the same for my parents and brother. Try as I and James did, we couldn't get through to them and we had many discussions with my Dad but he would shake his head and I knew he was so disappointed in me.
As a retired nurse, I can understand the need to want to be of help to others and I praise God for putting that desire into your sister's heart. It is a frustrating and rewarding career and I can say it is something I have never regretted doing, just as I've never regretted becoming a member of God's family. The Holy Spirit was speaking to me for a long time, from as young as eight I felt I was different and would often find myself on my knees praying. Funny isn't it that I can look back and see God's hand in my life. Thank you for sharing this touching story that affected your family. Someday you will all be reunited.

Apologette
12-01-2013, 06:58 PM
You're welcome but the story of your sister losing her son is tragic. As a parent, we are not supposed to bury our children but sometimes things happen. What is comforting, is knowing that your nephew is with the Lord and I only wish I could say the same for my parents and brother. Try as I and James did, we couldn't get through to them and we had many discussions with my Dad but he would shake his head and I knew he was so disappointed in me.
As a retired nurse, I can understand the need to want to be of help to others and I praise God for putting that desire into your sister's heart. It is a frustrating and rewarding career and I can say it is something I have never regretted doing, just as I've never regretted becoming a member of God's family. The Holy Spirit was speaking to me for a long time, from as young as eight I felt I was different and would often find myself on my knees praying. Funny isn't it that I can look back and see God's hand in my life. Thank you for sharing this touching story that affected your family. Someday you will all be reunited.

I have family members as well who haven't responded to the Gospel - they aren't in a cult, other than a "secular cult," if you know what I mean. I pray and pray, and know that in the end all things are in God's hands. But I know that in heaven our "family" will be a mul***ude of born-again believers, all praising the Blessed Trinity and singing out, "holy, holy, holy." Now we see in a gl*** darkly, but then, face to face!

nrajeffreturns
12-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Sir
12-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

You too?

LOL

neverending
12-01-2013, 10:15 PM
You too?

LOL

HMMMM, I've felt that same way too LOL, when sitting through a High Council Sunday, ZZZZZZZZZ 10 times over. Where do they find these sand men?

Sir
12-01-2013, 11:53 PM
HMMMM, I've felt that same way too LOL, when sitting through a High Council Sunday, ZZZZZZZZZ 10 times over. Where do they find these sand men?

Explains a lot.

Ma'am
12-02-2013, 08:23 AM
If they did that research the growth of mormonism would stop. I will add this.. If they don't wish to redo all the research, they should come here and see what we can show them.. Either way mormonism will lose it's converts.. IHS jim

The Internet isn't the LDS's friend. How anyone can join the LDS after seeing what was posted on here about it is beyond me. It's based upon lies and a false prophet.

Apologette
12-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Oh, so sorry the story about my little nephew's death bored you Jeff. Why don't you go elsewhere since you find this site so sleep inducing.

Apologette
12-02-2013, 09:01 AM
The Internet isn't the LDS's friend. How anyone can join the LDS after seeing what was posted on here about it is beyond me. It's based upon lies and a false prophet.

I think, in the end, the Internet is our best weapon against the deception of Mormonism. When people begin to realize what a louse Joe Smith was, how the whole cult is rooted in treasure hunting and dowsing, and peep stones, the average individual isn't going to want anything to do with it - and the enormous wealth the cult has accrued from it's followers speaks volumes nowadays. People look with suspicion at rich corporations claiming to be religions!

neverending
12-02-2013, 09:14 AM
When I read Jeff's comment, it only drove in the point of how uneducated the LDS can be. To make fun of a horrible tragedy is not only cruel but shows lack of comp***ion. Maybe that's why the wealthy LDS Church only gives .7% of ALL their income to humanitarian causes. Course what is one to expect from unbelievers? We'll move on and if needs be, ignore those who can't contribute anything of importance. I've yet to see Sir quote one verse of scripture, not even from the BoM or PofGP or even anything from their Church History. Guess he's not familiar with his own scriptures. Then again, how many members have ever read their own history? It should be required reading for all members.

Apologette
12-02-2013, 09:27 AM
When I read Jeff's comment, it only drove in the point of how uneducated the LDS can be. To make fun of a horrible tragedy is not only cruel but shows lack of comp***ion. Maybe that's why the wealthy LDS Church only gives .7% of ALL their income to humanitarian causes. Course what is one to expect from unbelievers? We'll move on and if needs be, ignore those who can't contribute anything of importance. I've yet to see Sir quote one verse of scripture, not even from the BoM or PofGP or even anything from their Church History. Guess he's not familiar with his own scriptures. Then again, how many members have ever read their own history? It should be required reading for all members.

They are very good at making snarky remarks and mocking Christians. This is why I generally don't engage them (unless I happen to encounter one that actually wants and exchange of dialogue.) Actually, Papa will engage sometimes. But I don't see him here at the present time. The ones we mostly find here and elsewhere don't really enter into meaningful discussion. I just chalk up Jeff's very mean response regarding the things you and I were sharing to cult indoctrination. Normal non-cultists just don't act that way. It has to be the cult relationship, what else could it be?

RealFakeHair
12-02-2013, 11:09 AM
It is easier to stop someone from joining the LDSinc. Than it is to help bring them out of Joseph Smith jr. Imaginary mind cult. I remember of of the first converts to mormonism I helped bring out of the LDSinc. She was about 15 years of age, and had been a member for only about 3 months when I was introduced to her by her friend. Right off the bat she did not know mormonism teaches there are more than ONE God, or what she had learned as a child The Trinity, Three Persons, One Godhead. I told her in mormonism there is Elohim, the father, Jesus the Son and they are two separate gods.
She didn't believe me and so I ended the conversation, and a week later she was out of the cult of Joseph Smith jr. Imaginary mind.

Apologette
12-02-2013, 11:18 AM
It is easier to stop someone from joining the LDSinc. Than it is to help bring them out of Joseph Smith jr. Imaginary mind cult. I remember of of the first converts to mormonism I helped bring out of the LDSinc. She was about 15 years of age, and had been a member for only about 3 months when I was introduced to her by her friend. Right off the bat she did not know mormonism teaches there are more than ONE God, or what she had learned as a child The Trinity, Three Persons, One Godhead. I told her in mormonism there is Elohim, the father, Jesus the Son and they are two separate gods.
She didn't believe me and so I ended the conversation, and a week later she was out of the cult of Joseph Smith jr. Imaginary mind.

One Mormon I was able to lead to Christ on her deathbed didn't believe that Mormonism taught polytheism either. They are kept in the dark. Chapel Mormons just aren't as informed as the "temple Mormon" crowd. So glad your little friend came out.

James Banta
12-02-2013, 11:26 AM

But those as can be seen by the LDS posters here think teaching that there is one God in three divine Persons is cultic.. Their mind are so locked into error they don't even believe JESUS WHEN He teaches that the FATHER is a spirit, and that a spirit doesn't have flesh and bone tangible body.. The LDS have to twist that to teach that the Father has a spirit..

They totally abandon the doctrine taught to Moses by God that He is ONE LORD.. The doctrine of God confirmed by Jesus in Mark 12:29.. Instead they look to a man Joseph Smith who in teaching that there are three Gods for this world denied the scripture as to who God is.. How many times have you heard the LDS say that Isaiah 43:10 is for this world and this world alone.. They even deny that in Joseph Smith words that there are three Gods for this world..

I think of 50 first dates when I hear LDS denials that Isaiah 43:10 is only for this world and then teach that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three separate Gods. I guess they can't remember that they just agreed there there in one God for this world even in their interpretation of the Isaiah p***age.. But the Bible teaches us that only He can understand the evil of the hearts of men.. IHS jim

Apologette
12-02-2013, 11:36 AM
But those as can be seen by the LDS posters here think teaching that there is one God in three divine Persons is cultic.. Their mind are so locked into error they don't even believe JESUS WHEN He teaches that the FATHER is a spirit, and that a spirit doesn't have flesh and bone tangible body.. The LDS have to twist that to teach that the Father has a spirit..

They totally abandon the doctrine taught to Moses by God that He is ONE LORD.. The doctrine of God confirmed by Jesus in Mark 12:29.. Instead they look to a man Joseph Smith who in teaching that there are three Gods for this world denied the scripture as to who God is.. How many times have you heard the LDS say that Isaiah 43:10 is for this world and this world alone.. They even deny that in Joseph Smith words that there are three Gods for this world..

I think of 50 first dates when I hear LDS denials that Isaiah 43:10 is only for this world and then teach that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three separate Gods. I guess they can't remember that they just agreed there there in one God for this world even in their interpretation of the Isaiah p***age.. But the Bible teaches us that only He can understand the evil of the hearts of men.. IHS jim

And what about when the One True and Living God says that He knows of no other god. That's pretty clear. If there was a grandfather or greatgrandfather god in the picture, then that statement would be false.

James Banta
12-02-2013, 12:03 PM
And what about when the One True and Living God says that He knows of no other god. That's pretty clear. If there was a grandfather or greatgrandfather god in the picture, then that statement would be false.

Yes, it is until they add the non scriptural phrase "For this world".. They exclude the grandpas in adding that to the scripture.. Trouble is they deny the deity of Jesus and the Holy Spirit in saying that. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns
12-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Oh, so sorry the story about my little nephew's death bored you Jeff.
No. I hadn't even read that post yet. I clicked on "reply to thread" and my zzzzzs were in response to your opening post---not because it was super-long like some of them are, but because it was "different day, same anti-LDS propaganda."

The story of your nephew, I found interesting, actually, because you said that you know he got eternal life, which is contrary to "no first chance for those who die without one" Calvinism and the athanasian creed. That kid never "faithfully believed all of the dogmatic legalisms of the catholic faith," and therefore, according to the creed itself, cannot be saved.

Apologette
12-02-2013, 01:50 PM
No. I hadn't even read that post yet. I clicked on "reply to thread" and my zzzzzs were in response to your opening post---not because it was super-long like some of them are, but because it was "different day, same anti-LDS propaganda."

The story of your nephew, I found interesting, actually, because you said that you know he got eternal life, which is contrary to "no first chance for those who die without one" Calvinism and the athanasian creed. That kid never "faithfully believed all of the dogmatic legalisms of the catholic faith," and therefore, according to the creed itself, cannot be saved.

The comment you made was disgusting. I know my nephew is with the Lord because my sister raised him in the faith. His father was a Methodist pastor, and he was early on led to the Lord! But, I'm casting pearls here. Your twisted understanding of salvation bespeaks someone who has totally closed their heart to the Holy Spirit. May you never have to go through what my sister did.

nrajeffreturns
12-02-2013, 02:15 PM
The Internet isn't the LDS's friend.
If you feeel that way, then perhaps you aren't aware of all the ways we have made use of it to share our conversion stories, and to refute the fallacious attacks of our attackers.

How anyone can join the LDS after seeing what was posted on here about it is beyond me.
You have a point: After people see the false, malicious, libelous, yellow-journalism accusations made against the LDS in certain forums, how can anyone still believe it is the good things the LDS claim it to be?

Answer: The Holy Spirit is still able to guide them. Or, the readers are just bright enough and skeptical enough to not blindly believe what that antis say.

nrajeffreturns
12-02-2013, 02:17 PM
The comment you made was disgusting.
I agree that Calvinism and the Ath. Creed, when taken to their logical conclusions, are very disgusting. And what they say about the fate of people who die without accepting Calvinism and the Creed is a great example of why all Christians should reject Calvinism and the Ath. Creed.

James Banta
12-02-2013, 02:47 PM
If you feeel that way, then perhaps you aren't aware of all the ways we have made use of it to share our conversion stories, and to refute the fallacious attacks of our attackers.

You have a point: After people see the false, malicious, libelous, yellow-journalism accusations made against the LDS in certain forums, how can anyone still believe it is the good things the LDS claim it to be?

Answer: The Holy Spirit is still able to guide them. Or, the readers are just bright enough and skeptical enough to not blindly believe what that antis say.

I make nothing up.. Do you deny that Smith taught that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three Gods? Do you deny that Brigham Young taught that Adam is our Father and our God, and the only God with whom we have to do? Do you deny that LDS teach that the Father has a body of flesh and bone as tangible as man's? Do you deny that a person is save by grace but only after all they can do? Do you believe in a place of torment where all the unrepentant sinners will find themselves after judgment?

So what "false, malicious, libelous, yellow-journalism accusations" are being used here? Are we to believe, though we have love letters to other women written is his own hand, that he never had a sexual relationship with another woman other than Emma? We have the statements of his own friends who reported that he did that were brought to our attentions though the research of a LDS writer.. Are the LDS into "false, malicious, libelous, yellow-journalism accusations"? Much of what I report about Smith's morality comes from Todd Compton's book In Sacred Loneliness. So unless Mormons are now eating their own this is a book of history not a book filled with "anti mormon" lies..

I really don't believe that the Holy Spirit will confirm something that is based in lies, do you? So is Smith didn't really live in fill fledged polygamy, or Young didn't teach Adam God why do we have proof inside the influence of LDS church that they did.. IHS jim

James Banta
12-02-2013, 03:02 PM
I agree that Calvinism and the Ath. Creed, when taken to their logical conclusions, are very disgusting. And what they say about the fate of people who die without accepting Calvinism and the Creed is a great example of why all Christians should reject Calvinism and the Ath. Creed.

Can you show me in TULIP where rejection of the creed means anything.. Or that a person must believe the creeds. What we see the Bible demanding is that we believe in Jesus.. Since the Bible makes that demand it is only logical that the Jesus taught is the Bible is the Jesus where salvations rests.. The thing is TULIP and the creeds teach only what is found in the Bible.. If you deny that, show me ONE doctrine taught in there in them that denies or changes any doctrine found in the Bible.. Since their logical conclusions, are very disgusting. Since it is clear to you that they teach that a denial of Calvinism and the Creeds are a requirement for salvation you should be able to tell me why that is true. Can you? IHS jim

James Banta
12-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Explains a lot.

Yes it explains that they are boring.. What does that explain to you.. Maybe you see the same disrespect in NE words as we see in your and jeff's when you say it? IHS jim

Ma'am
12-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Thank you for a wonderful post. How my heart breaks knowing that all my family is caught up in Mormonism and because I and James left it, we are outcasts. Even with that, we look to Christ for He is our Savior and loved us so much, he gave up his life for us. He took all our sins upon himself and took our place on the cross. I owe him everything for only 5 years ago when James was so ill and then almost killed in a car accident, I became very angry with God. My sin was great for the anger I felt within me and how I felt that God had abandoned me. Let me say, it was a wake up call for me. As I actually laid on my living room floor, sobbing to God for I was so alone at the time, but He was there. My eyesopened and the Holy Spirit comforted me and let me see how wrong I was. Prayers were answered when James' outcome was very grime. And yet, even though I was told that James would be in the ICU for a week, he spent one day, yes, only one day. Praise God for those answered prayers and I can say with all sincerity, that I've witnessed many answers to prayer since. I worship a loving & caringFather in Heaven. His only commandment for us is that we love and accept His son, Jesus Christ, nothing more. We don't have to work out our salvation for we receive it the second we accept Christ and turn our lives over to him. He leads us, and works in us and changes us. As a believer, we want to live for him and forsake doing evil. Without him in my life, I wouldn't make it through one day. He is my rock and my strength. During the darkest time in my life, he carried me when I didn't have the strength to go on. Thank you Father for your enduring love.
This is what awaits a person who will accept Jesus Christ, the knowledge that He is always there and will never forsake you. He will give you a new life and as you grow in Him, you will learn more about Him then you ever knew was possible. You will have the ***urance that when your eyes close for the last time, you will go to Him and live with Him for eternity, that all past sins will have been forgotten and you will never face judgment for Christ has stood in your place. God is there waiting, He is patient, won't you accept His free gift of love?

I once spoke with an elderly lady in her 90's who said she didn't see how anyone got through even one day without Jesus Christ. You would probably agree with her.

Apologette
12-02-2013, 03:27 PM
I once spoke with an elderly lady in her 90's who said she didn't see how anyone got through even one day without Jesus Christ. You would probably agree with her.

Oh, isn't that the truth! Every day has troubles sufficient unto the day! Without the Lord Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, our days would be miserable! I praise God every morning and evening for sending His dear Son to earth to pay for the sins of all who believe in him!

nrajeffreturns
12-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Can you show me in TULIP where rejection of the creed means anything.
I can show you in the Creed where rejecting any part of its Trinitarianism statements sends you to hell.

Or that a person must believe the creeds.
By 400 A.D., Christianity required that you publicly state your belief in the dogmas in the Nicene Creed, and if you refused you could be excommunicated or banished from your hometown, or eventually even killed.

What we see the Bible demanding is that we believe in Jesus.
That is true.

Since the Bible makes that demand it is only logical that the Jesus taught is the Bible is the Jesus where salvations rests.
The question is: Does my salvation depend on me believing what YOU claim the Bible is teaching about Jesus?
I don't see the Bible saying anything of the sort.

The thing is TULIP and the creeds teach only what is found in the Bible.
That is false.

If you deny that
which I do

show me ONE doctrine taught in there in them that denies or changes any doctrine found in the Bible.
Trinitarian dogmas add stuff like literal oneness, literal omnipresence, and absolute omnipotence and sovereignty, and Calvinism adds capricious unfairness to God's character.