PDA

View Full Version : Joe Smith - Or, Just How Arrogant Can a Man Get?

Apologette
12-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Have you been visited by Mormon missionaries. Maybe they were sent to you by a friend, family or neighbors. They are zeroing in one you, talking about baptism into their "church." Have they convinced you that Joseph Smith was visited by God and told that all the Christian creeds are an abomination? That all those who profess those creeds are all corrupt? Have they claimed that they have "restored" Christianity to the earth? If you are drawn to Mormonism, it would be really appropriate for you to consider the person of Joseph Smith - for it is with Joseph Smith that Mormonism stands or falls. If Joseph Smith was a liar, an arrogant narcissist, then it would be very prudent to stay as far away from that cult as possible.

Look at the claims of Joseph Smith, founder of Mormonism:

"God made Aaron to be the mouthpiece for the children of Israel, and He will make me be god to you in His stead...and if you don't like it, you must lump it!" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith (http://forums.carm.org/vbb/mormon-books.html#sermons), p.363).

Would a true prophet of God would make such an arrogant, bizarre, statement? Did Jesus ever tell people they could "lump it" if they didn't believe Him? And He was the Son of God, God in the flesh! Ask yourself, how much do I really know about this guy, Joseph Smith. Not enough to stake your very soul on!

Joe Smith had a very high opinion of himself. Unfortunately he couldn't "learn" us grammar:

"No man can learn you more than what I have told you." (from: Times and Seasons, Vol. 5, p. 614), Joseph Smith (Apparently this didn't include grammar)

Most of us aren't aware that Smith claimed he was a lawyer:

"I am a lawyer; I am a big lawyer and comprehend heaven, earth and hell, to bring forth knowledge that shall cover up all lawyers, doctors and other big bodies." (History of the Church 5:289-290)

Perry Mason had nothing over Smith folks! Especially those "other big bodies."

HC, vol.6, p.78: [Joseph Smith] "I combat the error of ages; I meet the violence of mobs; ...I cut the Gordian knot of powers, and I solve mathematical problems of universities, with truth ....diamond truth; and God is my "right hand man." (Note who is in the pilot's seat here)

Move over Einstein, the Palmyra Prophet is here!

Well, we can see for ourselves that Joe Smith had no problems with self-esteem. I would say he was really a genuine narcissist, a malignant narcissist. In fact, his comments sound like they come from a major. egomaniac. Have the missionaries shared those statements with you? I highly doubt it.

Is this the kind of man you would choose to follow? Might as well follow the man who called himself "the Lamb of God," David Koresh! Same mindset!

Apologette
12-04-2013, 12:05 PM
We've seen that Smith was a theological loon above. But what about other aspects of his life? Is he somebody you'd want to follow for salvation? Let's see:

Some might know that he was a polygamist (a man with more than one wife). Did you also know that he practiced polyandry? In other words, he was married to the wives of other men...........while their husbands were still alive and often living with them. You might want to review this information about Smith's sexual lifestyle:

http://www.mormonthink.com/joseph-smith-polygamy.htm

Interestingly, Smith also had a penchant for young teenage girls when he was in his late thirties. He "married" Helen Mar Kimball when he was in his late thirties and she was just 14.....promising her that she'd be "exalted" (become a goddess) if she married him, as would her parents. Of course, most rational people would see that as pedophile behavior, (it's called "grooming"), but the Mormon missionaries just might have forgotten to disclose that little tidbit of info. Why clutter up your mind with the facts, when your "feeeeeeeeeeeelings" are the important issue? Of course, Smith also married his foster daughters, who were teenagers, and had other teen brides! However, he blamed it all on God, who sent an angel to him, threatening him with death if he did not defy God's own Law against adultery. Does that ring true?

You might want to research Smith's pedophile inclinations here before considering Mormonism:

http://exmormon.org/d6/drupal/Joseph-Smith-was-a-Pedophile-Mormon-sources.

Don't be "hurried" into Mormonism by the missionaries who need another scalp! Many believe that Joseph Smith was a liar of the worst kind. He engaged in treasure digging, deceiving gullible farmers by telling them he could locate hidden treasures on their farms. Of course, he never did, but he made a living on those lies. He was even arrested for defrauding people with his "crystal gazing," looking at rocks in a hat and locating "treasures" supposedly hidden in the earth. Of course, he also used the "rock in the hat" method to translate gold plates (the Book of Mormon) supposedly written in Reformed Egyptian (a non-existent language). The Book of Mormon, Mormons claim, contains the history of Hebrews and others who had come to this New World on ships and on submarine type boats, settling someplace (the Mormons don't know where) and creating an advanced civilization with chariots, and elephants, and even steel swords! Amazingly, not one shard has been produced to prove that such a civilization existed - although the Mormons love to coopt the historical Mayans and Incas and their temples and artifacts in a silly effort to pretend they are remnants of an ancient Hebrew culture (contrary to all archaeological evidence).

So, please consider Joseph Smith and his story telling, and ask yourself if he was a reliable person. Or was he a liar? Before you talk again to those Mormon missionaries, research Joseph Smith for yourself. Don't buy the "party line" of the missionaries, because chances are they'll never tell you the truth about the man who said that he would be their "god."

James Banta
12-04-2013, 01:04 PM
We've seen that Smith was a theological loon above. But what about other aspects of his life? Is he somebody you'd want to follow for salvation? Let's see:

Some might know that he was a polygamist (a man with more than one wife). Did you also know that he practiced polyandry? In other words, he was married to the wives of other men...........while their husbands were still alive and often living with them. You might want to review this information about Smith's sexual lifestyle:

Interestingly, Smith also had a penchant for young teenage girls when he was in his late thirties. He "married" Helen Mar Kimball when he was in his late thirties and she was just 14.....promising her that she'd be "exalted" (become a goddess) if she married him, as would her parents. Of course, most rational people would see that as pedophile behavior, (it's called "grooming"), but the Mormon missionaries just might have forgotten to disclose that little tidbit of info. Why clutter up your mind with the facts, when your "feeeeeeeeeeeelings" are the important issue? Of course, Smith also married his foster daughters, who were teenagers, and had other teen brides! However, he blamed it all on God, who sent an angel to him, threatening him with death if he did not defy God's own Law against adultery. Does that ring true?

You might want to research Smith's pedophile inclinations here before considering Mormonism:

Don't be "hurried" into Mormonism by the missionaries who need another scalp! Many believe that Joseph Smith was a liar of the worst kind. He engaged in treasure digging, deceiving gullible farmers by telling them he could locate hidden treasures on their farms. Of course, he never did, but he made a living on those lies. He was even arrested for defrauding people with his "crystal gazing," looking at rocks in a hat and locating "treasures" supposedly hidden in the earth. Of course, he also used the "rock in the hat" method to translate gold plates (the Book of Mormon) supposedly written in Reformed Egyptian (a non-existent language). The Book of Mormon, Mormons claim, contains the history of Hebrews and others who had come to this New World on ships and on submarine type boats, settling someplace (the Mormons don't know where) and creating an advanced civilization with chariots, and elephants, and even steel swords! Amazingly, not one shard has been produced to prove that such a civilization existed - although the Mormons love to coopt the historical Mayans and Incas and their temples and artifacts in a silly effort to pretend they are remnants of an ancient Hebrew culture (contrary to all archaeological evidence).

So, please consider Joseph Smith and his story telling, and ask yourself if he was a reliable person. Or was he a liar? Before you talk again to those Mormon missionaries, research Joseph Smith for yourself. Don't buy the "party line" of the missionaries, because chances are they'll never tell you the truth about the man who said that he would be their "god."

While I confessed my sin to God the Church, and not by my choice, really, to the whole world I have confess it as sin before God. I have forsaken it and given myself over to God's correction.. Since that day I have had serious heath issues and nearly lost my live in a car accident.. I have received my stripes. Smith on the other had never confessed his actions with other women as sin before God.. Instead he justified them saying that an angel of God forced this sexual behavior with a drawn sword over him if he didn't live and teach the principle of having many wives.. He never confessed his behavior as sin, and in leading others into that sin he died as a very young man.. Was it God's justice.. I can't say it with authority but it seems as though it could easily have been the reason.. Those that embrace this man as a prophet of God are followers of sin and not God.. May God be merciful.. IHS jim

Snow Patrol
12-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Smith on the other had never confessed his actions with other women as sin before God

How are you sure?

James Banta
12-04-2013, 01:43 PM
How are you sure?

Because he wrote a full section of the D&C justifying it.. IHS jim

Snow Patrol
12-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Because he wrote a full section of the D&C justifying it.. IHS jim

And that section covers all experiences for the rest of his life?

James Banta
12-04-2013, 01:53 PM
And that section covers all experiences for the rest of his life?

If it doesn't cover all his experiences concerning marriage for the rest of his life don't then it doesn't for anyone else either. Therefore if it isn't authoritative for Smith life, it isn't authoritative for yours or mine either.. It was good only for the exact moment it was written and has nothing to do with the truth for today.. Therefore Celestial marriage is NOT required for exaltation, if there is such a thing as exaltation.. Because the 72nd section of the D&C isn't authoritative anymore either.. IHS jim

Snow Patrol
12-04-2013, 01:57 PM
That is not what I said and you know it. Besides, I'm not addressing your misunderstanding of that section but rather your ***umption that Joseph never apologized for his sins.

Ma'am
12-05-2013, 07:22 AM

This just shows that we shouldn't put our trust in mere men, all of whom have feet of clay. Only trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, the true one, not the Mormon version. Jesus will never disappoint.

Apologette
12-05-2013, 08:38 AM
That is not what I said and you know it. Besides, I'm not addressing your misunderstanding of that section but rather your ***umption that Joseph never apologized for his sins.

Did he apologize for ordering Porter Rockwell to kill Gov. Boggs (Porter failed). How about having himself crowned King over Israel? Did he weep over that ungodly "coronation?" How can anybody who knows and reads the Bible, and who then scrutinizes the life of Joseph Smith, not see for themselves that Smith is the cl***ic false prophet?

nrajeffreturns
12-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Did he apologize for ordering Porter Rockwell to kill Gov. Boggs (Porter failed).
You don't need to apologize for sins you didn't commit. And you can't prove that Rockwell was the attempted killer. Boggs had many enemies with a motive to kill him. You need to do more homework before you go off on a new "accusing others of sin" crusade.

Apologette
12-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Have you been visited by Mormon missionaries. Maybe they were sent to you by a friend, family or neighbors. They are zeroing in one you, talking about baptism into their "church." Have they convinced you that Joseph Smith was visited by God and told that all the Christian creeds are an abomination? That all those who profess those creeds are all corrupt? Have they claimed that they have "restored" Christianity to the earth? If you are drawn to Mormonism, it would be really appropriate for you to consider the person of Joseph Smith - for it is with Joseph Smith that Mormonism stands or falls. If Joseph Smith was a liar, an arrogant narcissist, then it would be very prudent to stay as far away from that cult as possible.

Look at the claims of Joseph Smith, founder of Mormonism:

"God made Aaron to be the mouthpiece for the children of Israel, and He will make me be god to you in His stead...and if you don't like it, you must lump it!" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith (http://forums.carm.org/vbb/mormon-books.html#sermons), p.363).

Would a true prophet of God would make such an arrogant, bizarre, statement? Did Jesus ever tell people they could "lump it" if they didn't believe Him? And He was the Son of God, God in the flesh! Ask yourself, how much do I really know about this guy, Joseph Smith. Not enough to stake your very soul on!

Joe Smith had a very high opinion of himself. Unfortunately he couldn't "learn" us grammar:

"No man can learn you more than what I have told you." (from: Times and Seasons, Vol. 5, p. 614), Joseph Smith (Apparently this didn't include grammar)

Most of us aren't aware that Smith claimed he was a lawyer:

"I am a lawyer; I am a big lawyer and comprehend heaven, earth and hell, to bring forth knowledge that shall cover up all lawyers, doctors and other big bodies." (History of the Church 5:289-290)

Perry Mason had nothing over Smith folks! Especially those "other big bodies."

HC, vol.6, p.78: [Joseph Smith] "I combat the error of ages; I meet the violence of mobs; ...I cut the Gordian knot of powers, and I solve mathematical problems of universities, with truth ....diamond truth; and God is my "right hand man." (Note who is in the pilot's seat here)

Move over Einstein, the Palmyra Prophet is here!

Well, we can see for ourselves that Joe Smith had no problems with self-esteem. I would say he was really a genuine narcissist, a malignant narcissist. In fact, his comments sound like they come from a major. egomaniac. Have the missionaries shared those statements with you? I highly doubt it.

Is this the kind of man you would choose to follow? Might as well follow the man who called himself "the Lamb of God," David Koresh! Same mindset!

Did he ever brag about Fanny Alger, the 16 year old girl he had living in his house and with whom he had a "nasty, filthy affair" according to Oliver Cowdery, the "second elder" of the church? No, he pretty much kept that and the many other young girls he sexually stalked under wraps!

Apologette
12-11-2013, 04:31 PM
While I confessed my sin to God the Church, and not by my choice, really, to the whole world I have confess it as sin before God. I have forsaken it and given myself over to God's correction.. Since that day I have had serious heath issues and nearly lost my live in a car accident.. I have received my stripes. Smith on the other had never confessed his actions with other women as sin before God.. Instead he justified them saying that an angel of God forced this sexual behavior with a drawn sword over him if he didn't live and teach the principle of having many wives.. He never confessed his behavior as sin, and in leading others into that sin he died as a very young man.. Was it God's justice.. I can't say it with authority but it seems as though it could easily have been the reason.. Those that embrace this man as a prophet of God are followers of sin and not God.. May God be merciful.. IHS jim

No, Smith jumped out of a window into the arms of his enemies. That was shortly after prophesying that his enemies would never overcome him.

Apologette
12-11-2013, 04:33 PM
This just shows that we shouldn't put our trust in mere men, all of whom have feet of clay. Only trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, the true one, not the Mormon version. Jesus will never disappoint.

How true. Satan's brother can't do squat for the deceived Mormons who follow him. He doesn't even exist.

nrajeffreturns
12-11-2013, 04:35 PM
No, Smith jumped out of a window into the arms of his enemies. That was shortly after prophesying that his enemies would never overcome him.

Antis disparage any being who dies after prophesying that His enemies won't overcome Him...

Apologette
12-12-2013, 02:26 PM
It is nauseating that Mormons try to compare Joseph Smith to Jesus Christ. Absolute idolatry.