PDA

View Full Version : The Internet is to Mormonism as the Printing Press was to Catholicsm

Apologette
12-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Yes, it's true. The internet is becoming Mormonism's undoing. You can fool some of the people all of the time (like TBMs), but not ALL the people even some of the time!

This link provides some amusing insight:

http://www.similarsites.com/goto/salamandersociety.com?searchedsite=salamandersocie ty.com&pos=0

RealFakeHair
12-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Yes, it's true. The internet is becoming Mormonism's undoing. You can fool some of the people all of the time (like TBMs), but not ALL the people even some of the time!

This link provides some amusing insight:

http://www.similarsites.com/goto/salamandersociety.com?searchedsite=salamandersocie ty.com&pos=0

I remember what it was like 40 years ago when I was first learning about LDSinc. It wasn't easy, and the waiting time for books, newspapers and magazines was torture. I can get any pro or con info in seconds.

Apologette
12-11-2013, 12:54 PM
I remember what it was like 40 years ago when I was first learning about LDSinc. It wasn't easy, and the waiting time for books, newspapers and magazines was torture. I can get any pro or con info in seconds.
I know what you mean. Remember when "Mormonism, Shadow or Reality" came out? That was such a boon to those studying Mormon history and doctrine. God bless the Tanners. The first book I read was "Kingdom of the Cults," by Walter Martin. I did meet him several times. Wonderful man. And one of his staff members was my first Bible teacher after I came to Christ. He really impacted me to the point where I realized that the Mormon lies needed to be exposed. Thank goodness we have the internet today to explain how Mormonism is as far away from Christianity as Tibetan Lamaism, but may the Lamas have more integrity.

BigJulie
12-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Not really.

Even with Christ---there were those unbelievers who thought he was of Satan.

Jhn 8:48-49
Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?

Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

While it is true that there are those on here to like to grab old speeches and old understandings and often take things out of context in order to sensationalize and speak against our beliefs (which is exactly what they did to Christ as well and he was perfect....if those who are non-believers do this to the One who is perfect, how much more will they do it to His servants who are not perfect?)...

there are many more who desire to know the truth, the whole truth and the words spoken against our belief here only leads them to seek further. Those who want to know truth, can know truth. But it does require faith that God does hear and answer prayers.

RealFakeHair
12-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Not really.

Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?

Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

While it is true that there are those on here to like to grab old speeches and old understandings and often take things out of context in order to sensationalize and speak against our beliefs (which is exactly what they did to Christ as well and he was perfect....if those who are non-believers do this to the One who is perfect, how much more will they do it to those servants who are not perfect?)...

there are many more who desire to know the truth, the whole truth and the words spoken against our belief here only leads them to seek further. Those who want to know truth, can know truth. But it does require faith that God does hear and answer prayers.

What a cop out. old speeches and old understandings Hey, it's your guys who wrote or said the things that are now embarr***ing to the LDSinc. So don't knock us for bringing it up.

BigJulie
12-11-2013, 01:22 PM
What a cop out. old speeches and old understandings Hey, it's your guys who wrote or said the things that are now embarr***ing to the LDSinc. So don't knock us for bringing it up.

Not a cop out at all. This is normal and expected as servants of God learn and grow. That is why there are revelations that are canonized and why there are things that are not. Those things revealed from God are in our scriptures. And if you notice, none of your criticisms have anything to do with the actual scriptures. You stay away from actually looking at what we say is revealed from God to us and has been canonized and you stick to criticizing the learning process and discussions and seek for those things you believe can be most sensationalized.

Don't worry, I am sure they did the same with Christ in his day--looking for anything they could criticize at all.

But, if those who do not believe will crucify one who is perfect, are we surprised at all that you and others would attempt to crucify those who are not perfect?

The gospel is true. What has been revealed to Joseph Smith is true. I know it, because I have been told it by the Spirit. I have lived it. I have witnessed for myself that it is true and brings about happiness.

Try as you might, there will always be those who see past your attempts to discourage and discredit--just as there were Jews and others who saw past the Pharisees of their day.

Apologette
12-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Not really.

While it is true that there are those on here to like to grab old speeches and old understandings and often take things out of context in order to sensationalize and speak against our beliefs (which is exactly what they did to Christ as well and he was perfect....if those who are non-believers do this to the One who is perfect, how much more will they do it to His servants who are not perfect?)...

But we don't oppose Christ (as do you). We oppose Joseph Smith, who really was of Satan.