PDA

View Full Version : Prayer

James Banta
12-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Lord. Many of us your children are hurting today.. You have promised to carry our burdens and take our deserved chastisement while giving us your peace.. You are faithful and deserving of praise so we stand in awe of your goodness and faithfulness.

You know Lord that we come here because you commanded us to go into the whole world with your message of love, and reconciliation through your work on the Cross.. We ask you Lord not to allow your word to return vain but that the truth will echo through the ages..

Strengthen these you have called to be messengers to those who believe that your grace comes to them only after all they can do, Show these that no one ever achieves that level of of striving for perfection.. That perfection can only be found in you as you take our sin, our hurts changing them to your righteousness, your love for all who trust you and believe that you are here with us always even to the end of the age..

The names we use here can be a bit funny but behind them you know us as your children, those you have redeemed by your blood.. I ask for you to touch Real Fake Hair, Ma'am, Apologette, Neverending, BillyMay, and yes Lord even the lowest of them all, me with your grace to continue this work.. There are those out there we can still reach and lift up with your word.. The work that has been done to show the LDS that they are looking in the wrong direction, That there is nothing in them or any man whether they call them apostles, prophets, presidents, bishops or elders that can show them the way of life.. That only in You lays the one Way, to the Truth, that will bring us to the Life. You Lord are that way and we praise you for who you have done as we rest in the arms of your Love.. IHS jim

Apologette
12-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Lord. Many of us your children are hurting today.. You have promised to carry our burdens and take our deserved chastisement while giving us your peace.. You are faithful and deserving of praise so we stand in awe of your goodness and faithfulness.

You know Lord that we come here because you commanded us to go into the whole world with your message of love, and reconciliation through your work on the Cross.. We ask you Lord not to allow your word to return vain but that the truth will echo through the ages..

Strengthen these you have called to be messengers to those who believe that your grace comes to them only after all they can do, Show these that no one ever achieves that level of of striving for perfection.. That perfection can only be found in you as you take our sin, our hurts changing them to your righteousness, your love for all who trust you and believe that you are here with us always even to the end of the age..

The names we use here can be a bit funny but behind them you know us as your children, those you have redeemed by your blood.. I ask for you to touch Real Fake Hair, Ma'am, Apologette, Neverending, BillyMay, and yes Lord even the lowest of them all, me with your grace to continue this work.. There are those out there we can still reach and lift up with your word.. The work that has been done to show the LDS that they are looking in the wrong direction, That there is nothing in them or any man whether they call them apostles, prophets, presidents, bishops or elders that can show them the way of life.. That only in You lays the one Way, to the Truth, that will bring us to the Life. You Lord are that way and we praise you for who you have done as we rest in the arms of your Love.. IHS jim

Amen! And may the Lord open the eyes of those who are looking into this site to research the truth. May they learn not only the truth about Mormonism, but may they see the Blessed Gospel of Jesus Christ taught and loved by those who cherish your Holy Son, in Whose Name I pray. Amen.

neverending
12-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Amen! And may the Lord open the eyes of those who are looking into this site to research the truth. May they learn not only the truth about Mormonism, but may the see the Blessed Gospel of Jesus Christ taught and loved by those who cherish your Holy Son, in Whose Name I pray. Amen.

And may we approach the lost with love and overlook any anger they may project onto us. May we most of all, have patience, for having once been a Mormon, to change a way of thinking that one had for most of their life is not easy. To realize that lies have been told to you all your life is very upsetting and yes, it is understandable that people will lash out. God bless those who hear our message of hope that they will not be afraid.

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 08:40 AM
And may we approach the lost with love and overlook any anger they may project onto us. May we most of all, have patience, for having once been a Mormon, to change a way of thinking that one had for most of their life is not easy. To realize that lies have been told to you all your life is very upsetting and yes, it is understandable that people will lash out. God bless those who hear our message of hope that they will not be afraid.

Neverending---this reminded me so much of the Rameumptom prayer.

Thank you so much we are chosen and saved and that we are NOT like those other poor ****ed souls--etc, etc.

Here is something you said to me:

You are a heartless witch!!

You know---the most amazing thing to me is that I have had the spirit bear witness to me of the truthfulness of the gospel. I have had it bear witness to me of that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I have lived by the truths I have received and I am happy. I see the good it brings into my life. I have peace in my life. I come here only to defend against accusations made against my beliefs.

I have read, heard, seen all of your criticisms of my beliefs and to me, it is the equivalent of 200 year old gossip. A version of "he-said, she-said" long ago.

It helps me understand more so what Christ said:

Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
If I was to do what you do and let my own experiences "wax gross" and instead try to discern truth by dwelling on what other people say or think--then I too would believe as you do. But I have witnessed with my own eyes and heard with my own ears MY LIFE today---MY EXPERIENCES today--I have understood with my heart!

And because of that, I know what you witness and preach is not true. It is false. And it is why you get on here and get so upset when someone even questions your own experiences (and call me a witch). If you can't talk about your own life and your own experiences and must dwell on your perceived flaws of Joseph Smith or Brigham Young---you have nothing but chaff ****ing in the wind.

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 08:47 AM

James, you SAY you believe this and then say:

This person isn't worth our time..

How can someone who understands that it is only through His grace you have any hope turn around and treat someone like this?

Apologette
12-18-2013, 09:01 AM

How can someone who understands that it is only through His grace you have any hope turn around and treat someone like this?

Because the Scripture clearly states that we are to have no fellowship with darkness, nor are we to cast pearls before those who will turn and trod them down.

Apologette
12-18-2013, 09:05 AM

You know, my theology is Reformed-based. When there is a consistent denial of the message of Christ, you wipe off your sandals and move on. There may be a person down the road whose heart has been prepared to receive the Gospel. Nobody can come to Christ until God has regenerated their hearts - for the spiritually dead can believe nothing. We can spend years trying to convert someone spiritually dead, but miss the one God's has, Himself, prepared to receive the Word of God. Seeds sown on rocky ground do not take root - the plant whithers and dies, having no root. However, the fertile and good ground produces healthy plants, and brings forth fruit. We must always be sensitive to where God wants us to cast the seeds, and where He tells us, "no more casting."

Matt. 13
3 The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.

2 And great mul***udes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole mul***ude stood on the shore.

3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 09:09 AM
Because the Scripture clearly states that we are to have no fellowship with darkness, nor are we to cast pearls before those who will turn and trod them down.

Oh, okay. But don't you see me as "darkness" then? Why are you talking to me?

By the way, I perceive you as someone who trods on our pearls---but we barely even talk about what is precious to you. It appears this site is mostly to "trod" on the beliefs of Mormons and others you disagree with.

Apologette
12-18-2013, 09:18 AM
Oh, okay. But don't you see me as "darkness" then? Why are you talking to me?

By the way, I perceive you as someone who trods on our pearls---but we barely even talk about what is precious to you. It appears this site is mostly to "trod" on the beliefs of Mormons and others you disagree with.

You think Mormon beliefs are pearls? Mormon teachings are impostor pearls, if anything. Sorry, but you are in darkness, Julie. And only God can deliver you, not me. We can only tell the truth here. We can not have fellowship with you. Look, Julie, your cult claims that my beliefs are an abomination, and that your idol god appeared to Joseph Smith, a treasure hunter and teller of tall tales, to explicitly state that Christians are all corrupt. What do you expect Christians to do - embrace that trash? Sorry, but Mormonism is darkness, and if you continued in it, you will be eternally in darkness.

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 09:28 AM
You think Mormon beliefs are pearls? Mormon teachings are impostor pearls, if anything. Sorry, but you are in darkness, Julie. And only God can deliver you, not me. We can only tell the truth here. We can not have fellowship with you. Look, Julie, your cult claims that my beliefs are an abomination, and that your idol god appeared to Joseph Smith, a treasure hunter and teller of tall tales, to explicitly state that Christians are all corrupt. What do you expect Christians to do - embrace that trash? Sorry, but Mormonism is darkness, and if you continued in it, you will be eternally in darkness.

All I see here, Apologette, is a glorified gossip column. A place that enjoys trying to dig up dirt (often perceived by not true) on other religions and then glorify themselves in the spreading of it. Nothing more.

If you haven't noticed, this place is darkness. It brings out the worst in people. It has people treating others terribly. It feeds on the sick and the vulnerable. It is sad.

You, yourself, come across as if you are ranting 90% of the time. I think if I met you in real life, I would probably find you are a fairly nice person. But on here, you seem vicious and mean. And when others speak, I think they see me the same way as well. But most people I know like me and we get along great. I enjoy life. I have been very blessed. But in here, when I read my own posts to defend my beliefs...I think, wow, enter the cesspool of this place, and we all start looking like crud.

Apologette
12-18-2013, 09:31 AM
All I see here, Apologette, is a glorified gossip column. A place that enjoys trying to dig up dirt (often perceived by not true) on other religions and then glorify themselves in the spreading of it. Nothing more.

And seeing, they will not see; and hearing, they will not hear.

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 09:36 AM
And seeing, they will not see; and hearing, they will not hear.

Lest they understand with their heart and I should heal them.....

Merry Christmas Apologette. May the season bring you much happiness.

And may we see each other as both loved children of God.

James Banta
12-18-2013, 10:28 AM

I was wrong in not wanting to WASTE TIME WITH SOMEONE WHO

1. Will not engage in conversation.
2. Calls every answer wrong though it came directly from Brigham Young's comments on the necessity to live the Law of celestial marriage.
3. Doesn't address any question directed at him.
4. Uses personal attacks to fend off the question about polygamy.. The Guy flat called me a liar.. When was the last time you saw me do that to anyone here?

If that is all he is capable of doing I am right "he isn't worth our time".. I don't even need an apology from him, only his word that he will try very hard to keep the rules of the forum. I doubt he read them at all.. If he can't do that he can just leave. No one will put up with someone that gets lost for a way to answer so resorting to name calling as his last hope to "win" an argument.. There have been many a time we has disagreed here Julie, but never once have you resorted to calling me a liar.. The poster in question here did so in his first week, AFTER by signing into the forum agreeing to follow the forum rules.. He need to read the rules this time before he treats WM like he is posting in the Salt Lake Tribune.. That kind of talk is allowed there, it isn't here, and you know it.. IHS jim

Apologette
12-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Lest they understand with their heart and I should heal them.....

Merry Christmas Apologette. May the season bring you much happiness.

And may we see each other as both loved children of God.

I would hope that one day you really understand what the Incarnation, Christmas, means.

Apologette
12-18-2013, 10:47 AM
I was wrong in not wanting to WASTE TIME WITH SOMEONE WHO

2. Calls every answer wrong though it came directly from Brigham Young's comments on the necessity to live the Law of celestial marriage.
4. Uses personal attacks to fend off the question about polygamy.. The Guy flat called me a liar.. When was the last time you saw me do that to anyone here?

If that is all he is capable of doing I am right "he isn't worth our time".. I don't even need an apology from him, only his word that he will try very hard to keep the rules of the forum. I doubt he read them at all.. If he can't do that he can just leave. No one will put up with someone that gets lost for a way to answer so resorting to name calling as his last hope to "win" an argument.. There have been many a time we has disagreed here Julie, but never once have you resorted to calling me a liar.. The poster in question here did so in his first week, AFTER by signing into the forum agreeing to follow the forum rules.. He need to read the rules this time before he treats WM like he is posting in the Salt Lake Tribune.. That kind of talk is allowed there, it isn't here, and you know it.. IHS jim

No you were quite right. The Lord cautioned against wasting time on those with hardened hearts, closed eyes and ears, and who only mock the Christian faith.

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 11:16 AM
No you were quite right. The Lord cautioned against wasting time on those with hardened hearts, closed eyes and ears, and who only mock the Christian faith.

This whole site is designed, by those who call themselves Christians, to mock other faiths who often believe in Christ---but not exactly as you do. So, you come here to mock others and then you see those you mock as heart-hearted and mocking you when they defend their faith?

James Banta
12-18-2013, 11:24 AM
[BigJulie;151088]Oh, okay. But don't you see me as "darkness" then? Why are you talking to me?

No we (I) don't see you as darkness.. Yes we (I) see you as foreigner. A person that belongs to another Christ, as she follows a different gospel. I see you as being held captive by the darkness, but I don't see you as being part of the darkness. I see a lot of good in you.. I understand that you believe that the Jesus of mormonism is the same Jesus that we find in the New Testament, and I see you trying to follow that being.. You are Honest in your beliefs many of which are not shared by most LDS people..

Isn't what you hold most sacred the person of the Lord Jesus? Aren't those things he asks us to believe your pearls? If you have others teaching that you count as your pearls wouldn't you want to know they were false if indeed they are.. Julie, I have seen posters like sir count the doctrine of salvation by grace trough faith in Jesus as total nonsense, but right there in Ephesians 2 verses 8-9 God teaches us just that.. It even goes so far as saying that salvation is NOT BY WORKS.. That is not just our pearl, it should be yours as well because it so clearly teaches that salvation is by grace and not works..

Jesus also said that same thing in teaching Nicodemus He said "Whosoever believes is Him (Jesus) will not perish but have Everlasting Life". He didn't include a list of do's and don'ts. No Laws, no ordinances just to believe.. This we teach, this is an important pearl to Christians and many of the LDS call it ridiculous. They always turn to Jesus demands of the rich young ruler and so that obedience to law is a requirement added to faith.. They turn to James who teaches the law of liberty and demand that the works he teaches is obedience to law and ordinances when no such thing is ever taught there by Him. Remember it was James that was the voice of reason to those that demanded that the new gentile believers be circumcised and taught the Law. Remember what He said? That they abstain from eating meat sacrificed to idols and from sexual immorality.. That was it! But when I teach that here I am ridiculous, and to Erundur I am a liar.. And you see us as trodding on your pearls even as we show through LDS sources that they have problems..

As an example I have compared the first vision stories. The official PofGP story from JSH to a letter written in Smith's own handwriting. And the differences were overwhelming.. And I have asked, If the Father and the Son had appeared to you would you have ignored the presence of the Father as Smith did in his handwritten report of the experience. There he says "while in (the) at***ude of calling upon the Lord (in the 16th year of my age) a piller of fire light above the brightness of the sun at noon day come down from above and rested upon me and I was filled with the spirit of G-d and the (Lord) opened the heavens upon me and I saw the Lord and he spake unto me saying Joseph (my son) thy sins are forgiven thee. go thy (way) walk in my statutes and keep my commandments behold I am the Lord of glory I was crucifyed for the world that all those who believe on my name may have Eternal life" (for a full copy of this testimony see http://familybible.org/beit_midrash/CultsAndReligions/Cults/Mormons/FirstVision.htm).. Do I use the word "liar" ascribing it to anyone that reject this document and accepting the official version instead? Nope, and I shouldn't have to deal with people here that use such language because they disagree with me.. IHS jim

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 11:28 AM
You are Honest in your beliefs many of which are not shared by most LDS people..
Actually, my beliefs are shared by most LDS people. Too bad you don't see that.

Isn't what you hold most sacred the person of the Lord Jesus? Aren't those things he asks us to believe your pearls? That is exactly what I believe you trod on. While you see yourself criticizing Joseph Smith, I see you attempting to destroy the gospel of Jesus Christ.

If you have others teaching that you count as your pearls wouldn't you want to know they were false if indeed they are.. Julie, Yes, I would want to know--which is why I have studied it out and asked God to answer. He has.

Jesus also said that same thing in teaching Nicodemus He said "Whosoever believes is Him (Jesus) will not perish but have Everlasting Life". He didn't include a list of do's and don'ts. No Laws, no ordinances just to believe.. Actually, God has given dos and don'ts from the beginning. Do have faith in God. Do love others. Do unto others as you would have them do...

Don't commit murder, adultery, steal, etc. I am not sure what Jesus you believe in if you believe in Him, then you should also believe in His teachings.

Believing in Christ is to believe what he teaches.

James Banta
12-18-2013, 11:28 AM
This whole site is designed, by those who call themselves Christians, to mock other faiths who often believe in Christ---but not exactly as you do. So, you come here to mock others and then you see those you mock as heart-hearted and mocking you when they defend their faith?

Come now Julie, you know that posters like sir and jeff hold the BIBLE up as being a joke every time a Christian here makes a Biblical point that leave them no escape from the real truth God has preserved for us.. I have already shown you how this is happening in an earlier post.. Read my main response there.. IHS jim

James Banta
12-18-2013, 12:16 PM
[BigJulie;151104]Actually, my beliefs are shared by most LDS people. Too bad you don't see that.

I guess I could be wrong but I thought you told me that you believe that God has been God from everlasting to everlasting.. Not became a God but always was God? I am sorry if I branded you as a Bible believer..

That is exactly what I believe you trod on. While you see yourself criticizing Joseph Smith, I see you attempting to destroy the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Not even close, Yes I come down on Smith when He teaches contrary to biblical doctrines so clearly spelled out by God in His word.. Even the fact that he called himself a prophet is an attack on the Bible..

Hebrews 1:1-2
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds

We don't need a prophet as in days of old.. Jesus is speaking to us directly in these last days.. All the christian save one on WM I have never met nor spoken to. Still we all share the same essential doctrines.. Such as who God is, what His nature is. What He did for us, how we become His children unto salvation and how He works within us in the *** of sanctification.. The difference between Christians and the LDS is we believe the Bible just as it is to taught to us, that is just what it says.. The Christian interpretation is the literal meaning of each and every word.. So a people who are not of this fold are those not of Israel.. Gentiles.. Not some other children of Israel that escaped Jerusalem before the Babylonian conquest of the land..

Yes, I would want to know--which is why I have studied it out and asked God to answer. He has.

That can be a problem IF you don't listen to what God has already said about your question.. Jesus said That His word would never p*** away, The LDS have taught that it did. Jesus taught that we should go and teach all nations and that He would always be with us even to the end of the world. The LDS teach that He withdrew His Spirit and a great apostasy destroyed the Church.. Just those two inconsistencies should show that mormonism believe Jesus isn't God and CAN'T preserve His word, and that He hasn't the power to defend His Church against ALL attacks.. Attacks from without and attacks from within.. If Jesus promises are true then there was no total apostasy, no lose of the meaning of His word. The Church still exists even after these last 2,000 years, and His word in dependable.. I trust Him, it would seem that the LDS do not..

Actually, God has given dos and don'ts from the beginning. Do have faith in God. Do love others. Do unto others as you would have them do...
Don't commit murder, adultery, steal, etc. I am not sure what Jesus you believe in if you believe in Him, then you should also believe in His teachings.

Yes God has given us do's and don'ts. It is called the law..

Romans 3:20
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

The Law has one purpose then. Since we can't be justified through obedience to the Law it's function is to bring us to Jesus and by God's grace though faith in the Lord Jesus we can be made righteous unto salvation.. According to His teaching we are all sinners.. All murderers, all adulterers, and thieves, all selfish, all cruel, and all haters of God.. Read the sermon on the mount and see where we fail time and again.. Remember this "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire." Jesus didn't take a word away from the commandments.. He just showed us what it really means to be a murderer.. He showed us that sin is a matter of the heart not of our actions.. The sin is already committed once the flesh yields to the evil of our hearts.. We all sin, we all have yielded to our evil hearts. Only in Faith does God step in and give us His righteousness as He takes our sin to place it on Jesus..

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

IHS jim

Erundur
12-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Bring on the conversation, James, but leave out the rabbit trails, evasion, false accusations, and personal insults.

You can't point to a single answer from Brigham Young that I said was wrong.

You realize how easy it would be to prove this statement false, don't you?

4. Uses personal attacks to fend off the question about polygamy..
Perhaps you need to review that thread again. The personal attacks came from you.

The Guy flat called me a liar..
Actually, I said you were lying--and it turns out you were! One thing you'll quickly learn about me is that I'm not afraid to point out when an anti-Mormon is lying.

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 12:59 PM
I guess I could be wrong but I thought you told me that you believe that God has been God from everlasting to everlasting.. Not became a God but always was God? I am sorry if I branded you as a Bible believer.. Yes, you are wrong and I have showed you our scriptures that say as much.

Hebrews 1:1-2
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds And then proceeded to give Peter a revelation (after the death of Christ) concerning what he wanted with His church. But we have talked about this too.

That can be a problem IF you don't listen to what God has already said about your question.. But I have. What I have learned is that when God does the teaching, we understand the scriptures---he opens them to us and our hearts burn within us as He does (see my scripture in my signature below.) That is my experience. That is truth. As I noted, the Pharisees also studied the scriptures daily---but they missed God as well because they THOUGHT they understood them. To really understand, one must have the double witness of the scriptures AND the spirit. But we have already discussed this as well.

Yes God has given us do's and don'ts. It is called the law.. Yes, we have the law (justice) and the atonement--because God knows we will make mistakes. That in no way means we can ignore the law (which also includes the atonement).

All murderers, all adulterers, and thieves, all selfish, all cruel, and all haters of God.. :Yes, I know you read it this way to justify your own sin. We have already discussed this as well. I see it simply---all sin will keep us from God---but God does acknowledge some sin as worse then others otherwise there would be no reason to make the comment regarding "greater ****ation" nor this comment:

"It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones."

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Come now Julie, you know that posters like sir and jeff hold the BIBLE up as being a joke every time a Christian here makes a Biblical point that leave them no escape from the real truth God has preserved for us.. I have already shown you how this is happening in an earlier post.. Read my main response there.. IHS jim

Nope, we use the Bible to teach you as well. I do not hold it up as a joke---just as I used scriptures above to show you why I believe what I do. I also give you scriptures that leave you no escape. You seem to want to ignore them. I just see them in the bigger picture and as applied to real life. But, it is you who are doing the attacking--it is this site that mocks the faith of others...don't ever forget that.

I have never said that God does not see all sin as bad and that all of us need the atonement and repentance---but rather that I at least acknowledge that He recognizes some sins cause more damage, scarring, and pain than others.

You seem to want to acknowledge the one and ignore the other.

Do you likewise see yourself as someone who molests a child---do you put yourself in that boat as well--that your sin is the same as that in the eyes of God? Is this how God sees ALL of your sins?

"It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones." (This was Christ speaking, wasn't it?)

James Banta
12-18-2013, 02:54 PM
[BigJulie;151110]Nope, we use the Bible to teach you as well. I do not hold it up as a joke---just as I used scriptures above to show you why I believe what I do. I also give you scriptures that leave you no escape. You seem to want to ignore them. I just see them in the bigger picture and as applied to real life. But, it is you who are doing the attacking--it is this site that mocks the faith of others...don't ever forget that.

This is such a hypocritical statement.. You have added attacking other churches to your man invented scripture.. In JHS, LDS believe the new expanded version of the first vision, (Has to be man invented embellishments, because they aren't in the version Smith produced in his own handwriting) That Jesus is quoted saying that all other churches are wrong..That all our creeds are an abomination in God's sight. That our teachers are all corrupt. That we teach as God's truth, the commandments of men.. Yet we teach Jesus to be our Lord and our God, Is that wrong? We teach that through faith in Him a person cab claim salvation though His grace. You mat not agree with that but there is no doubt that it is Biblical..

Yes we HARP on LDS error here.. But we don't make mormon criticism part of our God given scripture the way mormonism does to all the other churches.. Not even in the Book of Mormon is it taught that others, not a part of the LDS secret combinations, that profess Jesus as their Lord and Savior are part of some Great and abominable church of the devil, but that is just what the LDS church teaches. Saying that This Church (the LDS church) is 'the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth' (D. & C. 1:30), the only organization authorized by the Almighty to preach his gospel and administer the ordinances of salvation, the only Church which has power to save and exalt men in the hereafter.... There is no salvation outside this one true church, the Church of Jesus Christ." (Mormon Doctrine, 1979, pages 136).

I have never said that God does not see all sin as bad and that all of us need the atonement and repentance---but rather that I at least acknowledge that He recognizes some sins cause more damage, scarring, and pain than others.

You have not shown me Biblically where any one sin is more serious than another.. I have your judgments but that is all.. Where I have shown you Biblically both in the Old and New Testaments that all sin is just that SIN.. And that sin is only against God and not against others.. Can you show Biblically where that is wrong? This is one of those doctrines that all you can do is disagree with God.. Your opinion hasn't nearly the authority that the Word of God does in the revelation of truth.. All your "But it hurts others" doesn't measure up to the authority of God's word..

You seem to want to acknowledge the one and ignore the other.

I am not seeing this in the Bible's teaching.. It is one way, God's way.. It doesn't really matter what men or Julie have to say about it..

Do you likewise see yourself as someone who molests a child---do you put yourself in that boat as well--that your sin is the same as that in the eyes of God? Is this how God sees ALL of your sins?

Am I just as guilty of breaking the whole of God's law as they? YES! That is what the Bible teaches.. You don't have to preform all sin to be guilty before God of all. One sin ANY SIN makes us that guilty. This is what I believe in the matter of the seriousness of sin.. All sin is rebellion against God. If a person sins, and all have sinned, we must die.. Both Physically and spiritually.. That is serious!!! Again through James the Holy Spirit teaches that if we keep the whole Law and offend in only one point we are guilty of all.. And as he revealed though the Apostle John disbelief, faithlessness, and lying are grouped together with murder, adultery, and sorcery are all equal, Just where do you get authority to change that in the sight of God?

"It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones." (This was Christ speaking, wasn't it?)

So if that is true and I believe it is, what does that tell you about the condition of an unconfessed liar? Because of what God has revealed to us by the Holy Spirit to James, John, and David, It would be better for all sinners not just the offenders of children (Who believe in Jesus) if a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea.. God's judgment is serious business. Putting one sin over any other is a denial of God's word.. So use the Bible to teach me.. I beg for that.. But don't dismiss any of it.. Make it all to be God's truth instead of coming to me with a half truth based on one p***age while you deny the others.. As you can see by quoting Mark 9:42 you even gave a half truth in your quotation.. You neglected to add the "Who believe in Me" in your quote.. Can you make your half a doctrine work with James 2:10 and Rev 21:8 as I made Mark 9:42 work in harmony with the other p***ages? I doubt it.. IHS jim

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 03:07 PM
[
This is such a hypocritical statement.. You have added attacking other churches to your man invented scripture..[QUOTE]

So you excuse yourself to attack my beliefs on this site because Joseph Smith had it revealed to him that God told him that the churches of the day spoke of Him with their lips but were far from him in their hearts?

[QUOTE]You have not shown me Biblically where any one sin is more serious than another.. Well, I thought the one I gave you about greater ****ation was a good one as well as what Christ said about who offends a little one....and as I stated, I know that all sin removes us from God, but clearly, he sees that some cause more hurt---just as we see and punishes accordingly.

Can you show Biblically where that is wrong? Already have.

This is one of those doctrines that all you can do is disagree with God.. Your opinion hasn't nearly the authority that the Word of God does in the revelation of truth.. All your "But it hurts others" doesn't measure up to the authority of God's word.. Oh, trust me, I do not disagree with God at all. Once again--you and I read this differently--and you never acknowledge the scriptures I give, but I acknowledge yours.

I am not seeing this in the Bible's teaching.. It is one way God's way.. It doesn't really matter what men or Julie have to say about it.. Then why ignore God's way of seeing it?

This is what I believe in the matter of the seriousness of sin.. All sin is rebellion against God. If a person sins, and all have sinned, we must die.. Both Physically and spiritually.. Yup, completely agree.

Again through James the Holy Spirit teaches that if we keep the whole Law and offend in only one point we are guilty of all.. Yes, I agree--we have covered this. Any sin removes us from God. I have acknowledged that.

So if that is true and I believe it is, what does that tell you about the condition of an unconfessed liar? We are not speaking of confession or not confession---we are speaking of how God sees sin.

To me, he recognizes that all removes us from God. I also recognize that God recognizes that some are more hurtful to others.

Because of what God has revealed to us by the Holy Spirit to James, John, and David, It would be better for all sinners not just the offenders of children if a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea..

And THIS is exactly my point James. Do you see that in order to understand this verse---YOU just changed it!!!!

As you can see by quoting Mark 9:42 you even gave a half truth in your quotation.. You neglected to add the "Who believe in Me"

Maybe because I just pulled it from Matthew, not Mark---but now that you mention it---

In Mark, Christ basically says---if you believe in me and offend a little child, it is better for a milstone to be put around your neck and you were flung into the sea.

That statement just disqualifies in a nutshell that whole speech you made about just believing in Christ and it is not about the dos and don'ts. Wow---Christ just said--IF YOU BELIEVE IN ME AND DO THIS, YOU ARE BETTER OFF IN THE DEPTHS OF THE SEA!!!!

Hence, if you say you believe and do such a thing--watch out!

In other words, as I have contended all along, you are teaching false doctrine that is not congruent with what the Bible teaches.

James Banta
12-18-2013, 03:27 PM
[BigJulie;151109]Yes, you are wrong and I have showed you our scriptures that say as much.

That says what God became God or that God has always been god.. Sorry but your statement could go either way..

And then proceeded to give Peter a revelation (after the death of Christ) concerning what he wanted with His church. But we have talked about this too.

Really was the sheet a new revelation or was God reminding Peter that He had already said they would go and make disciples of all nations (Gentiles) (Matthew 28:19).. There was no new revelation there it was personal revelation to Peter not to the Church.. Jesus had already given that commandment.. As I have shown.. Again it is the truth even under your protest that in these last days God has spoken unto us by his Son, no prophet needed.. Dang Julie you can't seem to find anywhere to stand that supports mormonism..

But I have. What I have learned is that when God does the teaching, we understand the scriptures---he opens them to us and our hearts burn within us as He does (see my scripture in my signature below.) That is my experience. That is truth. As I noted, the Pharisees also studied the scriptures daily---but they missed God as well because they THOUGHT they understood them. To really understand, one must have the double witness of the scriptures AND the spirit. But we have already discussed this as well.

Two men felt that, it was not promised to everyone.. Still I agree with you that God does teach us His word.. That doesn't mean we may set aside any of His word as unture while we concentrate on just a verse here and there.. It all has to be true of none of it is.. So Julie where is it stated that when you hear the scripture that your heart must burn within you.. I have shown you scripture and I can see that your heart doesn't burn over James 2:10. That is scripture as much as Psalm 22 or Isaiah 53 is scripture.. I guess you have selective feelings.. That is ok, just make a decision that you believe God's word, all of it and it doesn't matter what scripture give you an emotional response and which ones don't.. Truth is truth.. You have yet to bring up a scripture that I have denied.. I have 3 that I can think of without even trying that you deny.. If we tried you would most likely have many more Look at Romans 11:6.. If salvation is by grace then it is no more of works... I'll bet you hate that p***age too...

Yes, we have the law (justice) and the atonement--because God knows we will make mistakes. That in no way means we can ignore the law (which also includes the atonement).

:Yes, I know you read it this way to justify your own sin. We have already discussed this as well. I see it simply---all sin will keep us from God---but God does acknowledge some sin as worse then others otherwise there would be no reason to make the comment regarding "greater ****ation" nor this comment:

"It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones."

You keep saying that God see one sin as more serious than another.. Yes the Bible teach of a sin unto death.. (1 John 5:16) . That can only be the denial of the Holy Spirit and It does fit that p***age.. There is no p***age I have seen that makes one sin more serious in God's eyes than any other.. No sin except the sin against the Holy Spirit can and will be forgiven.. But You are to young to understand those doctrines.. You took Mark 9:42 out of context.. It is those that believe that when offended cause a person to be better of id a milllstone is hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea.. But It would also be better if any confessed sinner would be so treated than to find themselves in the hand of an angry God.. He that is able to destroy body and soul in the lake of fire.. IHS jim

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=James Banta;151114]That says what God became God or that God has always been god.. Sorry but your statement could go either way..
Whoa, look how fast you just changed the subject. Strange, yes--that Christ could be exalted and God the Father put all things under His feet after his death and resurrection, but be part of the Godhead before the world was created. But having been a Mormon, you already know that and as such, any time you state that we do not understand Christ as part of the Godhead from before the earth was created (and then we could go into Christ's very nature as discussed in the scriptures as well)--you are bearing false witness. Something that God does not like and you should know that as well.

Really was the sheet a new revelation or was God reminding Peter that He had said they would go and make disciples of all nations (Gentiles) (Matthew 28:19).. There was no new revelation there it was personal revelation to Peter not to the Church.. Jesus had already given that commandment.. As I have shown.. Again it is the truth even under your protest that in these last days Gid has spoken unto us by his Son.. Dang Julie you can't seem to find anywhere to stand that supports mormonism..
Oh, okay---so what about Christ telling Peter NOT to do that beforehand? How exactly do you disqualify the revelation given to Peter?

And so, if I can show you in revelation that God would teach what he did to Joseph Smith--would you believe it then?

I mean, just as you understand what Christ's goal was and then the subsequent revelation given to Peter to see that goal accomplished--I likewise see the goals stated prior and the revelations given to Joseph Smith just the way God accomplishes his goals. There is no reason then not to believe in revelation given to direct the church AFTER the death of Christ. This is obviously very Biblical.

Two men felt that, it was not promised to everyone.. Still I agree with you that God does teach us His word.. That doesn't men we set any of it aside while we concentrate on just a verse here and there.. It all has to be true of none of it is.. So Julie while is it when you hear the scripture that if we sin we become guilty of all doesn't make your heart burn within you.. Yup, but I have already acknowledged how I understand this and the other scriptures and how they fit together.

That is scripture as much as Psalm 22 or Isaiah is scripture.. I guess you have selective feelings.. No

That is ok, just make a decision that you believe God's word, all of it and it doesn't matter what scripture give you an emotional response and which ones don't.. Truth is truth.. You have yet to bring up a scripture that I have denied.. I have 3 that I can think of without even trying that you deny.. If we tried you would most likely have many more Look at Romans 11:6.. If salvation is by grace then it is no more of works... I'll bet you hate that p***age too... IHS jim Nope, not at all.

:

James Banta
12-18-2013, 04:29 PM
[BigJulie;151113]So you excuse yourself to attack my beliefs on this site because Joseph Smith had it revealed to him that God told him that the churches of the day spoke of Him with their lips but were far from him in their hearts?

Those churches teach the same Gospel that Christian churches today teach.. We all teach from the Bible.. If they were evil in God's sight for teaching from His word so are we! I excuse my attacks on mormonism is mormonism is false in it's teachings.. You have now told me you agree with these..

1. There are more than one God.
2. That God became a God, There was a time when He wasn't God..
3. That other Gods other and God may be formed. They have been in the past they will be in the future..
4. That priesthood has more duties than sacrifice
5. That water has the power to wash away sin.

I could go on but that should do for now.. Such ANTI Biblical doctrines as these need to be attacked for what they are FALSE.. Those that teach then to those who are saved should have an anchor fixed around their neck and be drowned in the sea.

Well, I thought the one I gave you about greater ****ation was a good one as well as what Christ said about who offends a little one....and as I stated, I know that all sin removes us from God, but clearly, he sees that some cause more hurt---just as we see and punishes accordingly.

Jesus said it would be better for them.. It would be better for any unconfessed sinner.. No matter what sin it is.. That doesn't mean they all don't get the same terrible punishment.. The Lake of Fire..
Already have.

Oh, trust me, I do not disagree with God at all. Once again--you and I read this differently--and you never acknowledge the scriptures I give, but I acknowledge yours.

Yes you do.I have shown you that you disagree when David tells us that against God and God Only have I sinned.. You disagree that No God was formed before God was God and that none will ever be formed in the future. You disagree that if we keep the whole law and offend in just one point we are guilty of all.. I'll bet you also disagree that it is by God's grace we are saved through Faith and NOT of Works.. I'll bet you disagree that salvation is either by grace or by works but not both.. I have shown you where all these doctrines are biblical and you seem to be ignoring them.. On the other hand you provide the p***age about the little one that believe in him as proof that some get a harsher judgment when there is nothing in that that say murder or lying isn't as serious..

Then why ignore God's way of seeing it?

Show me where using the Bible as your authority.. So far you haven't done so and I have shown you how I believe all of it even LDS proof text, Because most of the time they are out of context meaning something much different than what mormonism says they mean.. I know my place before God, and I know what He says about all mankind and their place.. I see God's way, I just don't see mormonism measuring up to God's requirements.. I ignore nothing you seem to do so quite a bit..

We are not speaking of confession or not confession---we are speaking of how God sees sin.

I though we agreed on how God sees sin.. How He deals with it seems to be a different matter.. If we confess our sin He is faithful and just to forgive our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.. That is what confession does..

To me, he recognizes that all removes us from God. I also recognize that God recognizes that some are more hurtful to others.

What can separate us from the Love of God.. Do you know the p***age? Let me ask you this.. What can separate you from the love of your children? If they say they hate you and march off and become involved in terrible sin, will you not still be there for then when they realize their error and come running home to you? Well you reject them when they do? I have had to face that in the lives on my son and daughter.. They found a welcome a hug and a home still here for them.. I am not a better father than God and I have His ***urance that I am Hos child:

John 1:12-13
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And THIS is exactly my point James. Do you see that in order to understand this verse---YOU just changed it!!!!

Nope I deny changing anything, That was cut and pasted directly from the Bible..

Maybe because I just pulled it from Matthew, not Mark---but now that you mention it---

In Mark, Christ basically says---if you believe in me and offend a little child, it is better for a milstone to be put around your neck and you were flung into the sea.

Now that is a change.. Unless you can show in the original language that ever scholar that has translated this p***age has said that it is the sinner that is the believer you are not on solid ground AGAIN..

New International Version
If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea

New American Standard Bible
Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea.

Not one agrees with you.. Have you the same education in the ancient languages as these scholars? You are way outcl***ed..

id that it is the little one that believe in me
That statement just disqualifies in a nutshell that whole speech you made about just believing in Christ and it is not about the dos and don'ts. Wow---Christ just said--IF YOU BELIEVE IN ME AND DO THIS, YOU ARE BETTER OFF IN THE DEPTHS OF THE SEA!!!!

Nope He didn't say that. You have it backward.. Read above..

Hence, if you say you believe and do such a thing--watch out!

In other words, as I have contended all along, you are teaching false doctrine that is not congruent with what the Bible teaches.

And I still hold to that you have read it wrong.. IHS jim

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=James Banta;151116]
1. There are more than one God.
2. That God became a God, There was a time when He wasn't God..
3. That other Gods other and God may be formed. They have been in the past they will be in the future..
4. That priesthood has more duties than sacrifice
5. That water has the power to wash away sin.

I could go on but that should do for now.. Such ANTI Biblical doctrines as these need to be attacked for what they are FALSE.. Those that teach then to those who are saved should have an anchor fixed around their neck and be drowned in the sea. James, we could go through each scripture to explain each point---and how you misrepresent, but once again, you are changing the subject.

Jesus said it would be better for them.. It would be better for any unconfessed sinner.. No matter what sin it is.. That doesn't mean they all don't get the same terrible punishment.. The Lake of Fire.. "greater ****ation" James...some of your fellow Christians on this site have already recognized different rewards and punishments.

Yes you do.I have shown you that you disagree when David tells us that against God and God Only have I sinned.. I read this differently than you as well. I read this to show that David understands his sin was so offensive, that it is only God who can help him. In his day, animal sacrifices were used to represent the atonement---David realized that his sin was so offensive that even the high priest could not help mediate this sin with God.

Show me where using the Bible as your authority.. God is the authority.

I though we agreed on how God sees sin.. How He deals with it seems to be a different matter.. If we confess our sin He is faithful and just to forgive our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.. That is what confession does.. Okay, yes--how he deals with sin---I see how he deals with it differently than you. Yes, once repented, the sin is gone from God---but as we can see with David---(and yourself) the repentance process recognizes the seriousness of the sin.

What can separate us from the Love of God.. Do you know the p***age? Let me ask you this.. What can separate you from the love of your children? If they say they hate you and march off and become involved in terrible sin, will you not still be there for then when they realize their error and come running home to you? Well you reject them when they do? I have had to face that in the lives on my son and daughter.. They found a welcome a hug and a home still here for them.. I am not a better father than God and I have His ***urance that I am Hos child: Yup, I agree.

Nope I deny changing anything, That was cut and pasted directly from the Bible.. And here, you are directly lying: this was NOT cut and paste. I even put in red what you changed.

Show me the scripture that says this:
It would be better for all sinners not just the offenders of children if a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea..

You can see that you changed the scripture to make it say what you want, right?

Now that is a change.. Unless you can show in the original language that ever scholar that has translated this p***age has said that it is the sinner that is the believer you are not on solid ground AGAIN.. Wait---what happened to the line you said I removed?
[
B]New International Version
If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea

New American Standard Bible
Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea. [/B]

Not one agrees with you.. Have you the same education in the ancient languages as these scholars? You are way outcl***ed..

Is your claim now that the point I left out and you pointed out to me, well, that was the correct way in the first place? It was you who noted that in Mark is said "who believe in me"

King James: And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

Are you saying this part of the Bible is wrong?

And I still hold to that you have read it wrong.. IHS jim Do you forget you were the one who blasted me for leaving that part out (when in reality, I had quoted Matthew)

Are you saying that this part of the Bible was NOT TRANSLATED correctly in the KJV?

James Banta
12-18-2013, 06:16 PM
[BigJulie;151117] James, we could go through each scripture to explain each point---and how you misrepresent, but once again, you are changing the subject.

The subject here was my prayer.. It has been changed so completely that it really doesn't matter..

"greater ****ation" James...some of your fellow Christians on this site have already recognized different rewards and punishments.

And they have given clear Biblical reference for those statement? I want each one of them to tell me what is a "Greater ****ation" than the Lake of Fire.. As I asked before some people just have to dangle their feet? Others have to wade in waist deep ? But the real bad people have to be pushed of a high dive?

I read this differently than you as well. I read this to show that David understands his sin was so offensive, that it is only God who can help him. In his day, animal sacrifices were used to represent the atonement---David realized that his sin was so offensive that even the high priest could not help mediate this sin with God.

So you admit to adding your own thoughts to what the Bible clearly says.. And you will still tell me that I deny it because I believe what it says.. Does that make sense? It doesn't to me.. I refuse to add what I want the Bible to say to what is taught. That is the main problem with mormon hermeneutics. They have a feeling that a p***age means something totally different than what is taught in plain open language.. Believing God isn't brain surgery. All you have to do is read what He has told us in His word and believe what He is saying.. Whether you see it as the truth or Not.. Having faith in Him is believing more than believing He is; is is believing Him like you disbelieve me..

I will say there are some p***age that must be included in the whole of the Bible to understand them.. And then there are p***ages like John 3:16 that tell the whole story of Jesus and his purpose in this world.. Why He came and what he wants of us..

God is the authority.

Yes He is, not some priesthood.. He is the Power and the Glory.. To Him ever knees bows and ever tongues confess. Not to some priesthood.. God is the Authority. There is no Greater Power.. He is the Greater Power..

Okay, yes--how he deals with sin---I see how he deals with it differently than you. Yes, once repented, the sin is gone from God---but as we can see with David---(and yourself) the repentance process recognizes the seriousness of the sin.

I see how God through His word tells us that He deals with Sin.. He is very clear that without the shedding of blood there is no remission.. It doesn't matter how serious you believe the sin to be to gain forgiveness there MUST BE BLOOD.. It is your choice, He offered His blood you can access by His grace through faith or by shedding your own..

I HAVE SAID THAT THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES.. Those are not covered by the blood of Jesus.. The worse we (Mankind) see the sin the more sever the consequences.. My were server and I still have to deal with a few.. They won't p*** from me in this life.. But before God I will stand in the righteousness of His Son and hear the words all Christians long for.. "Well done my good and faithful servant enter into the grace of your Lord"..

*And here, you are directly lying: this was NOT cut and paste. I even put in red what you changed.*

I will admit I didn't go bank and check to make sure that it wasn't one I copyed directly but I am taking back by the word lying.. I can show that such a statement is made in the p***age AND THAT THE FULL MEANING AND INTENT OF THE P***AGE IS PRESENT IN MY WORDING.. I have already dismissed one poster this week for making this very persional attack on me.. I can live without your posts. If that is what you are trying to tell me here.. Julie I don't ever accuse you of breaking the ten commandments.. DON'T do so to me.. Bearing a false witness is a willing attempt to deceive.. This was too easily checked. It was a small error not a lie.. Would you like to rephrase or should we just break contact.. Oh remember if that happends I am free to say what ever I am thinkung about you at the time.. This is clear slander and I won't stand for it.. Am I mad YES! I will give you the same chance I offered that ever ever his name was,, NEVER do this again.. I don't believe you have any intention to apologize..

*Show me the scripture that says this:

You can see that you changed the scripture to make it say what you want, right?*

Lets quote the verse here and now and you show me how I didn't represent it correctly..

*Mark 9:42
And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.*

The littles one are those that believe.. The offender is the one who would be better off if he were cast into the sea.. Now I will make my point again.. All sinners would be better off in a millstone about their neck and be cast into the sea rather than to be cast into the lake of fire..

*Is your claim now that the point I left out and you pointed out to me, well, that was the correct way in the first place? It was you who noted that in Mark is said "who believe in me"*

Yes "who believe is me" but it wasn't the offender but the little one that are the believers..

*Are you saying this part of the Bible is wrong?*

Not at all, I am saying you are..

*Do you forget you were the one who blasted me for leaving that part out (when in reality, I had quoted Matthew)*

Matthew reads:

*Matthew 18:6
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.*

It still says *Which believe in me*.. I could call yiou on that for lying but I know you made a mistake so I won't be so hateful as to say that to you..

*Are you saying that this part of the Bible was NOT TRANSLATED correctly in the KJV?*

Not at all, but that is just what I hear you saying... IHS jim

Apologette
12-18-2013, 06:30 PM

Well, if you feel that way, maybe you shouldn't post here. Bye.

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Well, if you feel that way, maybe you shouldn't post here. Bye.

I post only to defend my faith.

If I ever talk to you about your faith, it is only to ask you why you criticize my beliefs when the Bible states...._____________(fill in the blank).

James Banta
12-18-2013, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=BigJulie;151115] you are bearing false witness. [QUOTE]

I warned you and you had to keep being my judge.. I have judged Smith for lying and you said no he didn't.. I showed how Smith spoke out of both sides of his mouth first condemning David for polygamy and then praising him for that same polygamy.. You have attacked me for the last time for being liar. You don't seem to even know that mormonism teaches that Jesus is our spirit brother and he was born as a spirit child the same as it teaches we were.. That He became a God sometime after his plan was accepted at the great council by the Father..He was not always God.. You again were lying you just are terrible unstudied.. Now I will take you off response list for continuing to call me a liar.. IHS jim

James Banta
12-18-2013, 08:23 PM
BigJulie, like that other "poster" has decided to be my judge and continue to call me a liar in the main channel.. I won't address her any longer as she has only her warped ideas of what she want to hear from me instead of sharing and listening.. Sge seems to thing that LDS doctrine teaches that Jesus has been God as long as the father has.. I am not even sure if she believes that but I was called a liar because I tried to tell her that the mormons Jesus was not a God in the preexistence before his plan of salvation was accepted over Lucifer's plan by the mormon God at the great council..

I was trying to point to Isaiah 43:10 and show her that before our God there was no God formed, and there would be none formed after Him.. According to that p***age a doctrine that Jesus became a God after the Father was already God is a false teaching. He could not have become even a god.. No God would be formed before God was God and none will be formed after He was God.. The teaching that he did is a clear lie of mormonism.. Julie is no longer welcome to post to me.. I ask for your support against her.. IHS jim

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 10:32 PM
First off James, this response was really hard to follow. It seems you have your responses and mine all together.

[QUOTE=James Banta;151120]

And they have given clear Biblical reference for those statement? I want each one of them to tell me what is a "Greater ****ation" than the Lake of Fire.. If this is the "greater ****ation"---than there must be a lesser ****ation. Christ used the term greater. I have asked you before, did he misuse the word?

So you admit to adding your own thoughts to what the Bible clearly says.. Nope, just explaining how I understand what David was saying. If you don't think about what you read, well--there is no sense reading it...as it would just go into an empty vacuum.

Yes He is, not some priesthood.. He is the Power and the Glory.. To Him ever knees bows and ever tongues confess. Not to some priesthood.. God is the Authority. There is no Greater Power.. He is the Greater Power.. I agree--so why do you ask me if I use the authority of the Bible? I see God as the authority. Therefore, He is the "power" behind understanding His book.

I see how God through His word tells us that He deals with Sin.. He is very clear that without the shedding of blood there is no remission.. It doesn't matter how serious you believe the sin to be to gain forgiveness there MUST BE BLOOD.. It is your choice, He offered His blood you can access by His grace through faith or by shedding your own.. shedding your own??? what???

I HAVE SAID THAT THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES.. Those are not covered by the blood of Jesus.. The worse we (Mankind) see the sin the more sever the consequences.. My were server and I still have to deal with a few.. They won't p*** from me in this life.. But before God I will stand in the righteousness of His Son and hear the words all Christians long for.. "Well done my good and faithful servant enter into the grace of your Lord".. But does God give different consequences ---as with "greater" ****ation? Or not?

*And here, you are directly lying: this was NOT cut and paste. I even put in red what you changed.*

I will admit I didn't go bank and check to make sure that it wasn't one I copyed directly but I am taking back by the word lying.. I can show that such a statement is made in the p***age AND THAT THE FULL MEANING AND INTENT OF THE P***AGE IS PRESENT IN MY WORDING..

Okay, let me get this straight. I told you that you added to the verse. You said NO WAY--you cut and pasted it. I said that was an outright lie---And now you say: you "didn't go back and check that it wasn't one you directly copied" but the full meaning was present? You added words. That is all there is to it. You should have known that scripture well enough to know that those words were not in it. Did you not expect me to know it well enough to know your words were not in it. And now you say, oops--it was mistake? Okay. I can accept that.

I have already dismissed one poster this week for making this very persional attack on me.. I can live without your posts. If that is what you are trying to tell me here.. Julie I don't ever accuse you of breaking the ten commandments.. DON'T do so to me.. Bearing a false witness is a willing attempt to deceive.. You did lie---that is what it is called when you do not tell the truth. You can call it a mistake, but what you said was not true. You can say you misspoke, but you said it so forcefully when I said that you added words--you said, no way, you cut and paste it. So, I answered forcefully back. You said cut and paste. I said, no way!!! I was right.

This was too easily checked. It was a small error not a lie.. You missed adding a few extra words? To me that changed the scripture, the meaning of the scripture to what you wanted it to say. It was my point that it was YOU who changed the scripture from what it said to fit your meaning. Can you imagine my surprise when you attacked me saying---how dare I--you cut and pasted it. Yeah right.

Would you like to rephrase or should we just break contact.. Oh remember if that happends I am free to say what ever I am thinkung about you at the time.. This is clear slander and I won't stand for it.. Sorry, you said something that wasn't true. Just admit you said something that wasn't true, even if you didn't mean to and move on. Stop attacking the messenger for pointing out you put something untrue.

Am I mad YES! I will give you the same chance I offered that ever ever his name was,, NEVER do this again.. I don't believe you have any intention to apologize.. You misspoke. Admit it. Move on. Stop with the offensive.

Lets quote the verse here and now and you show me how I didn't represent it correctly..

*Mark 9:42
And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.*

The littles one are those that believe.. The offender is the one who would be better off if he were cast into the sea.. Now I will make my point again.. All sinners would be better off in a millstone about their neck and be cast into the sea rather than to be cast into the lake of fire..

Now you are really confusing me. So, now you are saying that God qualifies a lesser punishment for offenders of small children....what???

Yes "who believe is me" but it wasn't the offender but the little one that are the believers.. Oh you see it as the little ones who believe in Christ, not the offenders. I thought Christ had a small child come to him.....so, you see this as referring to the child.

It still says *Which believe in me*.. I could call you on that for lying but I know you made a mistake so I won't be so hateful as to say that to you.. But if you pointed out that I left out words and I came back at you with, no way, I cut and pasted it...you would have a case. The "untruth" was not the scripture, but your claim to how you came to post it. I did not make the claim that I cut and paste it. If I did, as noted, you would have a case that I lied.

Not at all, but that is just what I hear you saying... IHS jim

I can see what you are saying with this verse, but I have a hard time believing that God would qualify the children as believers as if somehow he would be qualifying one child to the next when it comes to offending them.

I just talked this over with my son to see how he reads it. He said, he sees it as Christ speaking about the children he was with right then---that came so easily to him. So, yes--he agrees. They are the ones who believe in Christ.

Interesting point though, he was speaking to his disciples.

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 11:05 PM
I warned you and you had to keep being my judge.. I have judged Smith for lying and you said no he didn't.. I showed how Smith spoke out of both sides of his mouth first condemning David for polygamy and then praising him for that same polygamy.. You have attacked me for the last time for being liar. You don't seem to even know that mormonism teaches that Jesus is our spirit brother and he was born as a spirit child the same as it teaches we were.. That He became a God sometime after his plan was accepted at the great council by the Father..He was not always God.. You again were lying youjust are terrible unstudied.. Now I will take you off response list for continuing to call me a liar.. IHS jim

James, here are a couple of your statements;

I guess I could be wrong but I thought you told me that you believe that God has been God from everlasting to everlasting.. Not became a God but always was God? I am sorry if I branded you as a Bible believer..

And:

That God became a God, There was a time when He wasn't God..

And now:

That He became a God sometime after his plan was accepted at the great council by the Father..He was not always God

When you were a Mormon, did you ever read the scriptures on "intelligences"--and what about these verses I gave you in the past? Maybe I should just recognize that you were terribly understudied and so now so easily believe what is told to you about what we believe without being able to put it into the greater whole. (And therefore, instead of out and out lying, you are just misrepresenting something you don't understand.)

From the Book of Mormon
[18] For he is the same yesterday, to-day, and forever; and the way is prepared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him.

44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

From the D&C
28 Which Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one God, infinite and eternal, without end. Amen.

As you have called me a liar---should I go on some rampage and threaten to not talk to you and insist you apologize, etc. etc. etc. as you do? (See what I highlighted in red from your post.)

I just gave you a few scriptures--btw, I am not understudied.

BigJulie
12-18-2013, 11:23 PM
BigJulie, like that other "poster" has decided to be my judge and continue to call me a liar in the main channel.. I won't address her any longer as she has only her warped ideas of what she want to hear from me instead of sharing and listening.. Sge seems to thing that LDS doctrine teaches that Jesus has been God as long as the father has.. I am not even sure if she believes that but I was called a liar because I tried to tell her that the mormons Jesus was not a God in the preexistence before his plan of salvation was accepted over Lucifer's plan by the mormon God at the great council..

I was trying to point to Isaiah 43:10 and show her that before our God there was no God formed, and there would be none formed after Him.. According to that p***age a doctrine that Jesus became a God after the Father was already God is a false teaching. He could not have become even a god.. No God would be formed before God was God and none will be formed after He was God.. The teaching that he did is a clear lie of mormonism.. Julie is no longer welcome to post to me.. I ask for your support against her.. IHS jim

How about if I point out Genesis that teaches us that we are made in God's likeness and image.

How about if I talk to others to try to get a message to you while stating that I am ignoring you? You know, that kind of reminds me of the stuff I saw in elementary and junior high school.

Umm, as far as this:

I tried to tell her that the mormons Jesus was not a God in the preexistence before his plan of salvation was accepted over Lucifer's plan by the mormon God at the great council..

This kind of flies in the face of the scriptures I gave you---boy, straight from our scriptures. But I know you prefer to go to non-scriptural references to try to show us what we believe and ignore putting that in the greater context of the scriptures.

Hmmm, let's see if I can give an example of what this would be like.

Let's use the example of the elephant. The guy who sees the tusk or the guy who sees the tail, but they are all blind and so they don't see the elephant. You point to the tail and think you see the elephant. And when I point to the elephant, you say--but look, this tail is what an elephant is. I say, you are missing the bigger picture.

And because I have pointed out these scriptures to you in the past, you either misrepresent us because you choose to ignore our scriptures or you forget our scriptures or both.

neverending
12-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Neverending---this reminded me so much of the Rameumptom prayer.

Thank you so much we are chosen and saved and that we are NOT like those other poor ****ed souls--etc, etc.

Here is something you said to me:

You know---the most amazing thing to me is that I have had the spirit bear witness to me of the truthfulness of the gospel. I have had it bear witness to me of that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I have lived by the truths I have received and I am happy. I see the good it brings into my life. I have peace in my life. I come here only to defend against accusations made against my beliefs.

I have read, heard, seen all of your criticisms of my beliefs and to me, it is the equivalent of 200 year old gossip. A version of "he-said, she-said" long ago.

It helps me understand more so what Christ said:

If I was to do what you do and let my own experiences "wax gross" and instead try to discern truth by dwelling on what other people say or think--then I too would believe as you do. But I have witnessed with my own eyes and heard with my own ears MY LIFE today---MY EXPERIENCES today--I have understood with my heart!

And because of that, I know what you witness and preach is not true. It is false. And it is why you get on here and get so upset when someone even questions your own experiences (and call me a witch). If you can't talk about your own life and your own experiences and must dwell on your perceived flaws of Joseph Smith or Brigham Young---you have nothing but chaff ****ing in the wind.

You who have sat in judgment of my husband for over a week with constantly bringing up a sin he committed over 14 years ago, don't be throwing stones when YOU live in a gl*** house!!! As for, dwelling on my perceived flaws of J. Smith and BY, Julie, believe me, they are NOT perceived but come straight from your own Church History, J. Smith's own history, sermons BY made while standing in the Tabernacle and those sermons always printed in the Deseret News and compiled into, "The Journal of Discourses." Why do you fight so hard against the truth! You want to deny your own Church History? Why would your leaders print untruths?
You continued talking about James and his sin which I had asked you to stop doing because it was causing me to remember the incident that I had put behind me; and I have every reason to get angry for you gave no thought to my feelings!! It was none of your business but OH....you wanted to make it your business. There are NO sins greater in God's eye, except that of blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Even murders can be forgiven if they repent and are sincere in doing so.
Now answer me a question. Why can I have the same experiences you've had, where I've have felt the Holy Spirit so strong, have had prayers answered, been reading my scriptures and have had a WOW, moment when what I had just read opened my mind to a whole new understanding which I had never known before? Why as I was sitting in the temple to be married, I heard a voice three times telling me to, "get up! leave, you do not belong here!" Then feeling as if someone was trying to pull me out of my seat? Do evil spirits dwell in your temples and that was what I heard and felt that day? Had it not been for people like you and I would still be trapped in Mormonism for the things I experienced growing up and after marrying James, opened my eyes and caused me to question. After that it was all down hill and I soon knew I had been lied to my entire life! Don't tell me that you are the only one who has the right to experience anything! You get angry as well Julie! You did yesterday by calling James a liar! It is clear why you did that, because you can't stand hearing the truth. Believe me when I tell you it's not fun realizing your leaders are liars, men who's only thoughts were chasing after other men's wives, committing crimes against our country, crimes against people in their own city, (the destruction of the Expositor, ordered by J. Smith and his gang of 50) ordering the murder of innocent people who only wanted to p*** through Utah to get to California, should I go on? I think you have said quite enough for your heart is hardened against the true and living God, not your god who was once a man, (I'm talking about God the Father). Oh, and if this is the case and your god progressed to his lofty position, who does he worship? It is a pyramid scheme, climbing ever higher and higher til you reach the very top? Who then is the top god, and shouldn't we be worshipping him?
Go ahead and knock my prayer for it only shows me how little you really know about me. My prayer was sincere for I know and have experienced the loss of friends and the relationship I had with my family because of leaving your church but God is always there, he has never left my side for a moment. Even during some very dark days dealing with James health problems where I felt abandoned, God was there, it was me who abandoned Him. I know the hurt and the anger when discovering the truth that the whole idea of Mormonism was based on lies. A man who wanted power and control over people. A man who gave little thought to his own wife going after other women and even married women, sending their husband's on missions so he could entice their wives while these men were gone. How sick is that? My prayers continue for all LDS that the Holy Spirit will begin to work in their hearts and minds so they can know the truth. "For the truth shall set you free". (John 8:23)

BigJulie
12-19-2013, 09:40 AM
You who have sat in judgment of my husband for over a week with constantly bringing up a sin he committed over 14 years ago, don't be throwing stones when YOU live in a gl*** house!!! As for, dwelling on my perceived flaws of J. Smith and BY, Julie, believe me, they are NOT perceived but come straight from your own Church History, J. Smith's own history, sermons BY made while standing in the Tabernacle and those sermons always printed in the Deseret News and compiled into, "The Journal of Discourses." Why do you fight so hard against the truth! You want to deny your own Church History? Why would your leaders print untruths?
You continued talking about James and his sin which I had asked you to stop doing because it was causing me to remember the incident that I had put behind me; and I have every reason to get angry for you gave no thought to my feelings!! It was none of your business but OH....you wanted to make it your business. There are NO sins greater in God's eye, except that of blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Even murders can be forgiven if they repent and are sincere in doing so.
Now answer me a question. Why can I have the same experiences you've had, where I've have felt the Holy Spirit so strong, have had prayers answered, been reading my scriptures and have had a WOW, moment when what I had just read opened my mind to a whole new understanding which I had never known before? Why as I was sitting in the temple to be married, I heard a voice three times telling me to, "get up! leave, you do not belong here!" Then feeling as if someone was trying to pull me out of my seat? Do evil spirits dwell in your temples and that was what I heard and felt that day? Had it not been for people like you and I would still be trapped in Mormonism for the things I experienced growing up and after marrying James, opened my eyes and caused me to question. After that it was all down hill and I soon knew I had been lied to my entire life! Don't tell me that you are the only one who has the right to experience anything! You get angry as well Julie! You did yesterday by calling James a liar! It is clear why you did that, because you can't stand hearing the truth. Believe me when I tell you it's not fun realizing your leaders are liars, men who's only thoughts were chasing after other men's wives, committing crimes against our country, crimes against people in their own city, (the destruction of the Expositor, ordered by J. Smith and his gang of 50) ordering the murder of innocent people who only wanted to p*** through Utah to get to California, should I go on? I think you have said quite enough for your heart is hardened against the true and living God, not your god who was once a man, (I'm talking about God the Father). Oh, and if this is the case and your god progressed to his lofty position, who does he worship? It is a pyramid scheme, climbing ever higher and higher til you reach the very top? Who then is the top god, and shouldn't we be worshipping him?
Go ahead and knock my prayer for it only shows me how little you really know about me. My prayer was sincere for I know and have experienced the loss of friends and the relationship I had with my family because of leaving your church but God is always there, he has never left my side for a moment. Even during some very dark days dealing with James health problems where I felt abandoned, God was there, it was me who abandoned Him. I know the hurt and the anger when discovering the truth that the whole idea of Mormonism was based on lies. A man who wanted power and control over people. A man who gave little thought to his own wife going after other women and even married women, sending their husband's on missions so he could entice their wives while these men were gone. How sick is that? My prayers continue for all LDS that the Holy Spirit will begin to work in their hearts and minds so they can know the truth. "For the truth shall set you free". (John 8:23)

Well, your prayers are being answered. Last night, I had a discussion with my son. He said---sow seeds where they can be reaped Mom. He recognized my desire to share the gospel. He shared is own experiences sharing the gospel.

If I sit in judgment of your husband, it is for what he does today on this thread---not what he did 14 years ago. He doesn't tell the full truth about what we believe. He doesn't look to our scriptures ignoring them for pieces of our history that do not show fully what we believe. He bears false witness against us. He should know better.

I know the truth---and the truth has set me free---and because my son helped me see the truth more clearly,

I am free from this site.

Good luck Neverending---may you see the truth that division and criticizing others destroys not only the lives you try to "improve", but I am sure your own as well. Poison does more to destroy the vile it is stored than on that which it is poured.

RealFakeHair
12-19-2013, 09:40 AM

Speaking of MOCKING!LUCIFER:: If you will preach your orthodox religion to these people, and convert them, I will pay you well.

SECTARIAN MINISTER: I will do my best.

Where the Heck do you find these quotes? Just shut up if you plan to try and get away with this ****!

neverending
12-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Well, you... prayers are being answered. Last night, I had a discussion with my son. He said---sow seeds where they can be reaped Mom. He recognized my desire to share the gospel. He shared is own experiences sharing the gospel.

If I sit in judgment of your husband, it is for what he does today on this thread---not what he did 14 years ago. He doesn't tell the full truth about what we believe. He doesn't look to our scriptures ignoring them for pieces of our history that do not show fully what we believe. He bears false witness against us. He should know better.

I know the truth---and the truth has set me free---and because my son helped me see the truth more clearly,

I am free from this site.

Good luck Neverending---may you see the truth that division and criticizing others destroys not only the lives you try to "improve", but I am sure your own as well. Poison does more to destroy the vile it is stored than on that which it is poured.

Well.....you have declared yourself judge over this site? You continue to judge my husband and now me. I have stated and will continue to state that what you believe is a lie. It is all based on lies from a deranged man who's only plan for his life was to control people and make a name for himself. Hey, he certainly made a name for himself but he is known through history as a deceiver and a traitor to this country. You want to believe in lies, that is your right to do so as long as Obama allows it. There will come a time when you won't be able to admit you believe in anything unless it is Islam. You think my life is destroyed.....again you are sooooo wrong and you know nothing about me or my life. You want to go around wearing blinders, that again is your right. Those of us who discovered the falsehoods of Mormonism have been set free and found God's real love and salvation. I don't need to feel I have a heavy weight around my neck and have other looking down their noses at me. You see, you judge your very own members and it is due to your doctrines that perpetrate such feelings. Hey, I go to church every sunday but Bro. and Sister Jones go once in awhile. I go to Stake Temple Day but I never see the Jones. Does this ring a bell? So, you mistreat your own don't you? Not surprising that you judge a non-member even more harshly.
There is nothing more to say to you. Have a good life but remember eternity is forever, this life but a blink of God's eye. My greatest wish is for my family and friends to be saved, unfortunately that is not possible for my parents or brother who have p***ed on and will stand before God and be judged. Their funerals were devastating knowing what the scriptures say about those who have never accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior....the true Christ of course.

Apologette
12-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Speaking of MOCKING!LUCIFER:: If you will preach your orthodox religion to these people, and convert them, I will pay you well.

SECTARIAN MINISTER: I will do my best.

Where the Heck do you find these quotes? Just shut up if you plan to try and get away with this ****!

The whole Mormon system is built on lies and nourished by lies.

James Banta
12-20-2013, 09:22 AM
The whole Mormon system is built on lies and nourished by lies.

The Holy Spirit through the Apostle Paul has commanded saying:

2 Corinthians 13:1
In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

Was the First Vision established by two or three witnesses? NO! And yet the LDS church teaches that "The truthfulness of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints rests on the truthfulness of the First Vision..." (http://www.lds.org/topics/joseph-smith?lang=eng&query=The+first+vision). One of the most important events in mormonism is based on the testimony of one man, the man who made the claim.. Sound like even that foundational tale was just that a tale.. It is not established by two or three witnesses. Since there are so many different stories of this "NON" event and that fact that no other person can testify that this event actually took place it is NOT established. Since the story so widely differs from what we know of God though His word, we must see this story as just another lie told by Joseph Smith.. IHS jim

TrueBlue?
02-20-2014, 12:51 PM

Sounds like someone should read the parable of the Tax Collector and the Pharisee

RealFakeHair
02-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Sounds like someone should read the parable of the Tax Collector and the Pharisee

What, Joseph Smith jr. Didn't pay is taxes?

James Banta
02-20-2014, 01:46 PM

How is NE saying that she had done this or that as to make herself great in her own eyes or in God's? She said that changing the mind set of the LDS (WHICH IS WORKS BASED), to see that they have been lied to can make them angry. Then she asked God to embolden those that hear the message of life we have given here again and again.. I guess you never read the parable of the Tax Collector and the Pharisee to see what it is really teaching.. NE never said she was better then you or anyone.. She asked for Christians to remember a time before God saved them, how they were changed. She told us that many of us were upset and lashed out against mormonism. There is no cross teaching in what she was saying found in the parable.. IHS jim

neverending
02-20-2014, 01:56 PM

Your comment doesn't make sense. My comment was a prayer for a dear, Christian friend who has posted here and needing God's healing. I was once a Mormon. When I discovered that for all my life I had been lied to, I got angry, I think most honest people would react as I did. How is that being compared to this parable that I am very familiar with.....stop ***uming, you don't even know me. How was I putting myself above someone? This needs a very good explanation.