PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas!

Sir
12-17-2013, 08:55 AM
I haven't been posting recently since it has been so busy, and also since I am heeding the request not to by a highly respected superior in my life.

I do want to wish everyone here a wonderful holiday and a Merry Christmas! This truly is a magical time of the year where the world reflects together on the birth and life of our Savior Jesus Christ, and to draw closer to Him through our fellowship one with another and in charitable service toward others. May we all be blessed with the spirit of Christ this season!

-Sir

neverending
12-17-2013, 09:06 AM
I haven't been posting recently since it has been so busy, and also since I am heeding the request not to by a highly respected superior in my life.

I do want to wish everyone here a wonderful holiday and a Merry Christmas! This truly is a magical time of the year where the world reflects together on the birth and life of our Savior Jesus Christ, and to draw closer to Him through our fellowship one with another and in charitable service toward others. May we all be blessed with the spirit of Christ this season!

-Sir

Sir, it was nice to see your comment and I personally want to thank you for your kind post. I wish you and all your loved ones the same. May the spirit of Christmas be with you now and through out the new year. May we all remember the most precious gift that was given to the world that blessed day, a true miracle. I pray the Lord will richly bless you and all your loved ones. Merry Christmas.

Apologette
12-17-2013, 09:07 AM
I told you they'd be back. Mormons are hypocritical by saying "Merry Christmas." Who is Jesus in the Mormon scenario? He is Satan's brother, and just the older spirit brother of all Mormons, who believe that they are ontologically identical to Jesus, and to Elohim, their chief deity. Besides this, one Mormon on CARM has been badmouthing Christmas as a pagan celebration of the winter solstice. Let's face it, Christians have nothing in common with their Mormon neighbors in terms of religious faith - and perhaps we should make an extra effort this time of year to invite Mormons to attend Christian Christmas services so that they can at last have the opportunity of hearing the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. Let me take this opportunity, then, of inviting Mormons to attend their nearest Calvary Chapel (or evangelical Church of their choice), to hear the Word of God preached!

Sir
12-17-2013, 09:18 AM
I told you they'd be back. Mormons are hypocritical by saying "Merry Christmas." Who is Jesus in the Mormon scenario? He is Satan's brother, and just the older spirit brother of all Mormons, who believe that they are ontologically identical to Jesus, and to Elohim, their chief deity. Besides this, one Mormon on CARM has been badmouthing Christmas as a pagan celebration of the winter solstice. Let's face it, Christians have nothing in common with their Mormon neighbors in terms of religious faith - and perhaps we should make an extra effort this time of year to invite Mormons to attend Christian Christmas services so that they can at last have the opportunity of hearing the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. Let me take this opportunity, then, of inviting Mormons to attend their nearest Calvary Chapel (or evangelical Church of their choice), to hear the Word of God preached!

(I'm not really 'back' since I never really left. Just decided not to post here as much. The part of your post I grayed out is a good indicator why. More interested in a heartfelt well-wishing rather than the normal platform for others to attack)

Funny you mention other churches. Over the weekend I attended the Christmas service of a large Baptist church here in town. Big production! Large choir. 30 piece orchestra. etc. It was okay. Not as moving as I had hoped (once I participated in a Christmas pagaent at a local megachurch and the production was quite moving!). I did enjoy standing during the production and singing a few of the Christmas hymns as a congregation. Then I had the opportunity to attend my own stake's Christmas production. Much less produced although we do have a full choir and pretty good sized orchestra. Music was good (I should know since I helped make it! :) ) but the message was deep and moving and left us all with a renewed desire to be better, do good, and share our love and devotion to Christ. Thanks!

James Banta
12-17-2013, 09:25 AM
(I'm not really 'back' since I never really left. Just decided not to post here as much. The part of your post I grayed out is a good indicator why)

Funny you mention other churches. Over the weekend I attended the Christmas service of a large Baptist church here in town. Big production! Large choir. 30 piece orchestra. etc. It was okay. Not as moving as I had hoped (once I participated in a Christmas pagaent at a local megachurch and the production was quite moving!). I did enjoy standing during the production and singing a few of the Christmas hymns as a congregation. Then I had the opportunity to attend my own stake's Christmas production. Much less produced although we do have a full choir and pretty good sized orchestra. Music was good (I should know since I helped make it! :) ) but the message was deep and moving and left us all with a renewed desire to be better, do good, and share our love and devotion to Christ. Thanks!

Merry Christmas.. May the Lord who took on flesh to dwell among us, The Lord of Glory who is the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of PEACE. Enveloped you and yours in His love and draw to to Himself. In doing so may He replace in your heart the idol that is a created being, a god that became a god though obedience to laws and ordinances.. May He who has been God from everlasting to everlasting make you His own.. IHS jim

RealFakeHair
12-17-2013, 09:49 AM

-Sir

OLD man Scrooge, here.
For some reason I never really cared much about Christmas. My guess is because the early Christians didn't say much about it or seemed to care eighter. Paul, said I preach the Gospel, Christ suffered and risen again form the dead.
However I like the Christmas season, especially for the children.
If we could keep in our hearts the feeling of Christmas and are not Saved by the Grace of God and through the blood of the Lamb found in the Holy Bible and we put our trust in the imaginary mind of Joseph Smith jr god and jesus, Then it is all for nothing.

Apologette
12-17-2013, 10:11 AM
OLD man Scrooge, here.
For some reason I never really cared much about Christmas. My guess is because the early Christians didn't say much about it or seemed to care eighter. Paul, said I preach the Gospel, Christ suffered and risen again form the dead.
If we could keep in our hearts the feeling of Christmas and are not Saved by the Grace of God and through the blood of the Lamb found in the Holy Bible and we put our trust in the imaginary mind of Joseph Smith jr god and jesus, Then it is all for nothing.

In Mormonism, there is no Incarnation of God (as in Christianity). It took me a while to understand their denial of the Incarnation, but in reality, Jesus' birth into this world was no different, in the Mormon view, than our birth into this world (from some kind of premortal existence). However, they do say that Elohim physically impregnated Mary and that is why Jesus is the only "son of god in the flesh." This belief completely separates Mormonism from Christianity which has always taught that Mary was a Virgin, and that the conception of Christ in her womb never changed that fact.

Apologette
12-17-2013, 10:15 AM
OLD man Scrooge, here.
I was raised in a liturgical setting, and the beautiful worship that accompanied the Advent and Christmas season always was a highpoint in Christian worship. I miss it, actually, at times. Here is an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NO_m0Qsqk0

The Mormon Tabernacle choir can't hold a candle to beautiful liturgical worship among true believers!

RealFakeHair
12-17-2013, 10:57 AM
I was raised in a liturgical setting, and the beautiful worship that accompanied the Advent and Christmas season always was a highpoint in Christian worship. I miss it, actually, at times. Here is an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NO_m0Qsqk0

The Mormon Tabernacle choir can't hold a candle to beautiful liturgical worship among true believers!

Yes, it is wonderful, I think the Europens still do it best, crazy aint it.
I was rasied in a small Baptist church, and I played everything from baby Jesus to a big blue book in our annual Christmas plays. There were never any special christmas sermons, even if Christmas fall on Sundays. Even today most Baptist churches don't have a special service on Christmas Eve, and I hope it stays that way. As for other churches I am okay with it too.
As a Ayn Rand, libertarian, who loves Ebernezer Scrooge personality, I do wish Christmas was less commerical. If I had my way I'd introduce, (dollar Christmas), meaning all gifts could not cost more than a dollar.
I don't think that makes me a very popular person. lol

Apologette
12-17-2013, 11:14 AM
Yes, it is wonderful, I think the Europens still do it best, crazy aint it.
I was rasied in a small Baptist church, and I played everything from baby Jesus to a big blue book in our annual Christmas plays. There were never any special christmas sermons, even if Christmas fall on Sundays. Even today most Baptist churches don't have a special service on Christmas Eve, and I hope it stays that way. As for other churches I am okay with it too.
As a Ayn Rand, libertarian, who loves Ebernezer Scrooge personality, I do wish Christmas was less commerical. If I had my way I'd introduce, (dollar Christmas), meaning all gifts could not cost more than a dollar.
I don't think that makes me a very popular person. lol

Then, no doubt, you would like this Dietrich Bonhoeffer quote from a Christian article:

"Such p***ages make us uncomfortable. In 21st-century America, we enjoy peace and untold riches. Our nation is powerful. We have so very much to lose in bowing to the manger. Why would we? Bonhoeffer writes:

For the great and powerful of this world, there are only two places in which their courage fails them, of which they are afraid deep down in their souls, from which they shy away. These are the manger and the cross of Jesus Christ. No powerful person dares to approach the manger, and this even includes King Herod. For this is where thrones shake, the mighty fall, the prominent perish, because God is with the lowly. Here the rich come to nothing, because God is with the poor and hungry, but the rich and satisfied he sends away empty. Before Mary, the maid, before the manger of Christ, before God in lowliness, the powerful come to naught; they have no right, no hope; they are judged. . . .

It’s hard to renounce wealth. It’s nearly impossible to renounce power. Yet Bonhoeffer says this is what the manger requires of us: to become like the God who chose to come in a diaper, weak and dependent. Are we prepared to embrace that bracing mystery?

Read more: http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/flunkingsainthood/2010/12/advent-
and-christmas-with-dietrich-bonhoeffer-week-2.html#ixzz2nkbm2Zrr "

BigJulie
12-17-2013, 03:03 PM

-Sir

Sir, I am glad you started this post. I too wanted all to know that I have been busy with family and celebrations. I hope all have a very Merry Christmas. May the love of Christ fill this Christmas season for all.

RealFakeHair
12-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Sir, I am glad you started this post. I too wanted all to know that I have been busy with family and celebrations. I hope all have a very Merry Christmas. May the love of Christ fill this Christmas season for all.

Thanks, BigJulie, but it depends on which Christ you're typing about? However the juster is appreciated.

BigJulie
12-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Thanks, BigJulie, but it depends on which Christ you're typing about? However the juster is appreciated.

The Christ I am talking about is the one who is the Son of God, born to in a stable, died on a cross--rose again on the third day and whose birth we celebrate because He is the good news, the bringer of peace, the everlasting King.

Merry Christmas Real.

PS James, I wanted you to know why I haven't been posting. My children have arrived in town and I am busy with them. Merry Christmas James and all here. I hope the seasons brings much joy.

RealFakeHair
12-17-2013, 03:41 PM
The Christ I am talking about is the one who is the Son of God, born to in a stable, died on a cross--rose again on the third day and whose birth we celebrate because He is the good news, the bringer of peace, the everlasting King.

Merry Christmas Real.

PS James, I wanted you to know why I haven't been posting. My children have arrived in town and I am busy with them. Merry Christmas James and all here. I hope the seasons brings much joy.

You didn't start at the beginning. The jesus you worship was conceived 9 months or so before his birth in a stable by his mormon father by a mormon sexual act to his spiritual daughter mary. The mormon baby jesus has a spirit father, mother, brother as in Satan, and he has a grand-father and so on. The mormon jesus is a god as well as his father and his grand-father is also a mormon god. Your mormon jesus did not atone for mankind sins on a cross, but in a garden.
Your mormon jesus was married with more than one wife while here on earth, and as we see your mormon jesus has three heavens in which to choose to live in, but I can tell you your mormon jesus is with his maker Joseph Smith jr. at the other side of the gate of Hell wishing to get out, but that is impossible, and that is the sadness of the story.

I do wish you and your children a coming to the Real Jesus of the Holy Bible, amen, and amen.
PS have a wonderful holiday too.

BigJulie
12-17-2013, 04:16 PM
You didn't start at the beginning. The jesus you worship was conceived 9 months or so before his birth in a stable by his mormon father by a mormon sexual act to his spiritual daughter mary. The mormon baby jesus has a spirit father, mother, brother as in Satan, and he has a grand-father and so on. The mormon jesus is a god as well as his father and his grand-father is also a mormon god. Your mormon jesus did not atone for mankind sins on a cross, but in a garden.
Your mormon jesus was married with more than one wife while here on earth, and as we see your mormon jesus has three heavens in which to choose to live in, but I can tell you your mormon jesus is with his maker Joseph Smith jr. at the other side of the gate of Hell wishing to get out, but that is impossible, and that is the sadness of the story.

I do wish you and your children a coming to the Real Jesus of the Holy Bible, amen, and amen.
PS have a wonderful holiday too.

All this time posting here and you still haven't figured out this "beginning" as explained to you by Mormon critics isn't true? One day, you may desire to know the real beginning--but until then.....

(or if you were Mormon at one point, you should know better :) )

Either way, why not start by explaining our (Mormons) beliefs about "intelligences'--then you can move onto the pre-existence and what Christ's role was there--then you can move onto His birth, ministry, death, etc.

I am sure you should know all about this by now because you have posted here enough, you (by this point) must know. So, please share.

James Banta
12-17-2013, 11:29 PM

Merry Christmas Real.

I am happy to know that your Christmas will be filled with love and family.. NE and I will be quite alone.. Our children live out of state and this year there just isn't the resources available to bring us together.. NE and I will read the story of How GOD entered the world as a mortal child as a gift to us. "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty GOD, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." I am always brought to my knees as I consider that the Mighty GOD, the very Everlasting Father was willing to put on flesh and come rescue me. Even though I was the one that has broken His Laws, He came among men to die in my place taking my guilt into Himself.. His love is endless!! HALLELUJAH, Shout it from the Mountain tops.. IHS jim

Libby
12-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Just p***ing through and saw this thread!

Merry Christmas, Sir...and Merry Christmas to All!!

Enjoyed your video, Apollogette! My husband and I went to a beautiful Christmas program at our local Lutheran Church (St. John's). Beautiful choir, orchestra and a Bell Choir, which I especially loved, since I belong to a "chimes" choir, myself. The bells and chimes add so much to the whole effect. Very beautiful. My chimes choir performed in several places, this season, as we always do, which is always a great pleasure, as well.

I also LOVE Mo-Tab!! :D Most beautiful choir on earth, IMHO!

Love to you all, and wishing you happiness and God's blessings, in the New Year!

Apologette
12-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Just p***ing through and saw this thread!

Merry Christmas, Sir...and Merry Christmas to All!!

Enjoyed your video, Apollogette! My husband and I went to a beautiful Christmas program at our local Lutheran Church (St. John's). Beautiful choir, orchestra and a Bell Choir, which I especially loved, since I belong to a "chimes" choir, myself. The bells and chimes add so much to the whole effect. Very beautiful. My chimes choir performed in several places, this season, as we always do, which is always a great pleasure, as well.

I also LOVE Mo-Tab!! :D Most beautiful choir on earth, IMHO!

Love to you all, and wishing you happiness and God's blessings, in the New Year!
I'd say this is the most beautiful choir on earth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5n6X9sUznI

As far as I'm concerned the MTC sings a lot of Christian songs but denies their content. It's a propaganda tool of the Mormon cult. Have a nice Christmas!

Libby
12-21-2013, 01:08 AM
Yes, that is beautiful!!

Have a blessed Christmas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6x-pjVL67A

RealFakeHair
12-21-2013, 09:26 AM
All this time posting here and you still haven't figured out this "beginning" as explained to you by Mormon critics isn't true? One day, you may desire to know the real beginning--but until then.....

(or if you were Mormon at one point, you should know better :) )

Either way, why not start by explaining our (Mormons) beliefs about "intelligences'--then you can move onto the pre-existence and what Christ's role was there--then you can move onto His birth, ministry, death, etc.

I am sure you should know all about this by now because you have posted here enough, you (by this point) must know. So, please share.

One day, you may desire to know the real beginning.
Are you kiddding me, are you kidding me? You belong to a religion that Joseph Smith jr. Made up as he went along, and you call that the real beginning?
You are a joke, I mean a real joke. Happy Holidays anyways. lol

Apologette
12-21-2013, 10:02 AM
One day, you may desire to know the real beginning.
Are you kiddding me, are you kidding me? You belong to a religion that Joseph Smith jr. Made up as he went along, and you call that the real beginning?
You are a joke, I mean a real joke. Happy Holidays anyways. lol

I totally agree!