PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Smith - Phony Prophet of the UNrestoration!

Apologette
12-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Joe Smith claimed that his god spoke through him - he was supposedly a "mouthpiece." Smith's miserable record as a prophet can be clearly seen, however in his failed Missouri prophecies:

July 1831. D&C 57:1-3 Missouri is named as the land consecrated for the gathering of the Saints and the place for the City of Zion and the building of a temple at Independence. It will be purchased by the saints "for an ever-lasting inheritance."

August 13, 1831. D&C 62:1, 6. The faithful will be preserved and rejoice in Missouri. "I, the Lord, promise the faithful and cannot lie."

Sept 22-23, 1832. D&C 84:2-5, 31 Zion will be built with its temple at Independence, "in this generation". This generation shall not all p*** away until the temple will be built upon the spot. Orson Pratt in 1870 reiterated the prophecy (JD 9:71, 10:344, 13:362) and insisted that it will come to p*** within the generation living in 1832.

Jan 4, 1833. HC 1:315-316. Joseph Smith says "by the authority of Jesus Christ" that "not many years shall p*** away" before the wicked "of this generation" will be swept from off the face of the land and the Lost Ten Tribes will be gathered to Missouri, and that "there are those now living upon the earth whose eyes shall not be closed in death until they see all these things, which I have spoken, fulfilled."

Aug 2, 1833. D&C 97:18-20. Promise that if the saints are obedient the City of Zion (in Missouri) will prosper and become glorious, great and terrible, honored by the nations of the earth. Zion cannot fall or be moved out of its place.

And, exactly how were all these "inspired" prophecies of Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration, fulfilled:

FULFILLMENT: Mormons were driven out of Independence and from all of their settlements in Missouri in 1839. The temple lot is not owned by the Mormon church. No one living in the generation when the prophecy was made is still alive. The wicked of that generation were no more "swept from off the face of the land" than were their contemporary Mormons. The Lost Ten Tribes have not been gathered to Missouri. Nothing in all these prophecies has been fulfilled, even though the majority of the saints steadfastly followed Joseph Smith and were faithful.

So, were or were not these prophecies "inspired?" If so, why did they fail? Was it, as Smith often contended, the Mormons themselves weren't faithful enough? Which is a general cop-out used by many cult leaders who have failed prophecies to cover up!

How inspired were Smith's Missouri prophecies?

(source of info. and partial text: http://www.exmormon.org/prophet.htm )

James Banta
12-26-2013, 04:18 PM
[B]
Joe Smith claimed that his god spoke through him - he was supposedly a "mouthpiece." Smith's miserable record as a prophet can be clearly seen, however in his failed Missouri prophecies:

The Missouri (Far West) prophecies are the flag Ship of Joseph Smith false prophesies. I always compare them to the words of a fic***ious character that the LDS look to as a prophet of God. In 1 Nephi 3:7 Nephi teaches that God doesn't give commandments to His people unless He makes it possible for such commandments to be kept.. But in Missouri God surrenders to the Militia. Smith reported his gods word on the subject to be "Verily, verily, I say unto you, that when I give a commandment to any of the sons of men to do a work unto my name, and those sons of men go with all their might and with all they have to perform that work, and cease not their diligence, and their enemies come upon them and hinder them from performing that work, behold, it behooveth me to require that work no more at the hands of those sons of men, but to accept of their offerings.(D&C 124:49) Isn't that a long way from making what he commands possible to be completed? I guess the mormon god got weaker through the years.. IHS jim

Apologette
12-27-2013, 09:07 AM
The Missouri (Far West) prophecies are the flag Ship of Joseph Smith false prophesies. I always compare them to the words of a fic***ious character that the LDS look to as a prophet of God. In 1 Nephi 3:7 Nephi teaches that God doesn't give commandments to His people unless He makes it possible for such commandments to be kept.. But in Missouri God surrenders to the Militia. Smith reported his gods word on the subject to be "Verily, verily, I say unto you, that when I give a commandment to any of the sons of men to do a work unto my name, and those sons of men go with all their might and with all they have to perform that work, and cease not their diligence, and their enemies come upon them and hinder them from performing that work, behold, it behooveth me to require that work no more at the hands of those sons of men, but to accept of their offerings.(D&C 124:49) Isn't that a long way from making what he commands possible to be completed? I guess the mormon god got weaker through the years.. IHS jim

It appears that the Mormon "god" is a false prophet himself!