PDA

View Full Version : Joe Smith and Young Girls! Is This the Kind of "Prophet" You Would Follow?

Apologette
01-06-2014, 02:39 PM
It was termed by Oliver Cowdery to be a pretty disgusting act - Joseph Smith's relationship with 16 year old Fanny Alger:

“I never confessed intimated that I ever willfully lied about him [Joseph Smith]. When he was here we had some conversation in which in every instance, I did not fail to affirm that what I had said was strictly true A dirty, nasty, filthy affair of his and Fanny Algers was talked over in which I strictly declared that I had never deviated from the truth on the matter, and as I supposed was admitted by himself. (Letter to Warren Cowdery, 21 January 1838, Letterbook, Huntington Library, San Marino, California )

Who was Fanny Alger? And why did Oliver Cowdery the Second Elder of the Mormon Church, in the whole mess since the beginning, condemn Joseph Smith? Here is an excerpt from an article by Steve Benson:

"Smith's first known sexual affair was with a teenager named Fannie Alger, who was living with Smith and his first wife Emma in their Kirtland, Ohio, home. Fanny was also Smith's first confimred plural wife. Smith “came to know [her] in Kirtland during early 1833 when she, at the age of 16, stayed at his home as a housemaid. Described as 'a very nice and comly young woman,' according to Benjamin Johnson, Fanny lived with the Smith family from 1833 to 1836.”

Fanny eventually became the target of Smith's sexual advances, with Smith's predatory behavior soon becoming the talk of the town:

“Martin Harris, one of the 'Three Witnesses' to the Book of Mormon, recalled that the prophet's 'servant girl' claimed he had made 'improper proposals to her, which created quite a talk amongst the people.' Mormon Fanny Brewer similarly reported 'much excitement against the Prophet . . . [involving] an unlawful intercourse between himself and a young orphan girl residing in his family and under his protection." (History, not Mystery: Joseph Smith was a Pedophile (as confirmed by even Mormon sources) . . .by Benson)

So, basically we have Joseph and Emma inviting Fanny Alger, a young girl, into their home and she became targeted by the predatory, Joe Smith, as is verified by Oliver Cowdery and Martin Harris, Smith's contemporaries. For those Mormons who are always yelling about "give us proof," this won't be enough, but for those of us who are not conditioned to put our heads in the sand as far as Smith is concerned, it should be obvious what happened to this poor girl.

Additional facts are found in the book, "Wife No. 19," by Ann Eliza Webb:

"Mrs. Smith had an adopted daughter, a very pretty, pleasing young girl, about seventeen years old. She was extremely fond of her; no own mother could be more devoted, and their affection for each other was a constant object of remark, so absorbing and genuine did it seem. Consequently it was with a shocked surprise that the people heard that sister Emma had turned Fanny out of the house in the night…By degrees it became whispered about that Joseph’s love for his adopted daughter was by no means a paternal affection, and his wife discovering the fact, at once took measures to place the girl beyond his reach…the storm became so furious, that Joseph was obliged to send, at midnight, for Oliver Cowdery, his scribe, to come and endeavor to settle matters between them... Emma refused decidedly to allow her to remain in her house; but after some consultation, my mother offered to take her until she could be sent to her relatives. Although her parents were living, they considered it the highest honor to have their daughter adopted into the Prophet’s family, and her mother [Clarissa Han**** Alger] has always claimed that she was sealed to Joseph at that time.

Benson's article continues: “Former Mormon apostle William McLellin later wrote that Emma Smith substantiated the Smith-Alger affair. According to McLellin, Emma was searching for her husband and Alger one evening, when through a crack in the barn door she saw 'him and Fanny in the barn together alone' on the hay mow. McLellin, in a letter to one of Smith's sons, added that the ensuing confrontation between Emma and her husband grew so heated that Rigdon, Frederick G. Williams, and Oliver Cowdery had to mediate the situation.

"After Emma related what she had witnessed, Smith, according to McLellin, 'confessed humbly and begged forgiveness. Emma and all forgave him.' While Oliver Cowdery may have forgiven his cousin Joseph Smith, he did not forget the incident. Three years later, when provoked by the prophet, Cowdery countered by calling the Fanny Alger episode 'a dirty, nasty, filthy affair.' "

In this thread I'll outline some additional "relationships" Joe Smith had with young girls brought into his home. We'll see a pattern set in. Opportunity was no stranger to Joseph Smith, and Emma was either a fool or a facilitator to allow additional young girls in her home after the Fanny Alger incident!

Apologette
01-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Another young girl, whose mother had died and whose father was sent away by Smith on a mission to the east, was Lucy Walker. She also moved into the Smith home:

"The Walker family arrived in Nauvoo in the spring of 1841. That summer Lucy’s Mother contracted malaria and died months later in January 1842, leaving ten children. Her Father, John, was heartbroken and his health, “seemed to give way”. Lucy remembers, “The Prophet came to the rescue. He Said, if you remain here Bro. Walker, you will soon follow your wife. You must have a change of scene, a change of climate. You have Just such a family as I could love. My house shall be their home...place the little ones with kind friends, and the four Eldest shall come to my house and [be] received and treated as my own children...” The change of scene and climate that Joseph had in mind for John Walker was a two year mission to the eastern states. In response to this arrangement Lucy said, “I rung my hands in the agony of despair at the thought of being broken up as a family, and being sepparated from the little ones...” Never-the-less, fifteen-year-old Lucy moved into the Prophets house. "

So, what happened? Lucy is approached by Smith to become his "plural" wife, and she was very shocked! The narrative states:

"Joseph told Lucy that the marriage would have to be secret, but that he would acknowledge her as his wife, “beyond the Rocky Mountains”. He then gave Lucy an ultimatum, “It is a command of God to you. I will give you untill to-morrow to decide this matter. If you reject this message the gate will be closed forever against you.”

This type of pressure by an adult male used upon a young, naive girl like Lucy is nothing short of diabolical! Here we have a young, vulnerable girl being manipulated by a man in a protective position. Her father was sent away (Smith did this type of thing to different Mormon men whose wives he desired). Of course, the young girl acquiesced, and became a "plural wife" of Smith:

" Lucy married Joseph on May 1, 1843. At the time, Emma was in St. Louis buying supplies for the Nauvoo hotel. Lucy remembers, “Emma Smith was not present and she did not consent to the marriage; she did not know anything about it at all.”

So, we see that poor Lucy became the victim of Joe, and after his death was p***ed off to Heber Kimball as one of his "plurals." It is said that when Heber lay dying, he called for Lucy and asked that she would act as a "mediator" between him and Old Joe (whom he saw as a "god"). She wanted him to tell Joe that he had treated her well as his wife "for time only."

All quotes above from this site: http://www.wivesofjosephsmith.org/23-LucyWalker.htm

Apologette
01-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Moving on, let's look at yet another case of young girls being victimized by the obviously sexually insatiable Smith:

"Emily and Eliza were the daughters of Nauvoo Bishop, Edward Partridge. When he died in 1840, Emily, sixteen, and Eliza, twenty, looked to “hire out” as maids to help support their family. Emily recalls, “The first door that opened for us was to go to [President] Smiths, which we accepted.” Emily said she was “a nurse girl, for they had a young baby...That is what I delighted in, tending babies...Joseph and Emma were very kind to us; they were almost like a father and mother, and I loved Emma and the children."

Well, the "fatherly" Joe soon began manipulating the youngest girl (note: YOUNGEST), even using mediators, including Heber Kimball (a pathetic soul) to induce Emily to become his "wife," and soon she succumbed and was "married" to her father-figure, Smith. A few days later, her sister, Eliza, was added to the mix and we have a threesome:

"Four days after his marriage to Emily, Joseph married Emily’s sister, Eliza. The details of the proposal and marriage are sp****. Eliza kept a journal but later burned it because it was “too full”. Years later she wrote, “While [living in Joseph’s house] he taught to us the plan of Celestial marriage and asked us to enter into that order with him. This was truly a great trial for me but I had the most implicit confidence in him as a Prophet of the Lord and [could] not but believe his words and as a matter of course accept the privilege of being sealed to him as a wife for time and all eternity.” Of the marriages, Emily said, “neither of us knew about the other at the time, everything was so secret.”

With the enticement of the carrot, the endowment, held on a stick before her, Emma decided to go along with program and allow Joe to marry the Partridge sisters - probably under the delusion that hubby would have no sexual relations with the "spiritual" wives:

"Unaware of their marriage to Joseph months earlier, Emma selected her live-in helpers, Emily and Eliza. Emily recalls, “I do not know why she gave us to him, unless she thought we were where she could watch us better...” Emily continued, “To save the family trouble Brother Joseph thought it best to have another ceremony performed...[Emma] had her feelings, and so we thought there was no use in saying anything about it so long as she had chosen us herself...Accordingly...we were sealed to JS a second time, in Emma’s presence.” Within a week, Emma received her endowment."

But Emma was somewhat fickle about the whole situation, and the girls were eventually asked to leave the mansion:

" Emily remembers: “We remained in the family several months after this...She sent for us one day to come to her room. Joseph was present, looking like a martyr. Emma said some very hard things ...She would rather her blood would run...than be polluted in this manner...Joseph came to us and shook hands with us, and the understanding was that all was ended between us. I for one meant to keep this promise I was forced to make.” Emily continued, “We looked upon the covenants we had made as sacred”. Joseph arranged for Emily and Eliza to move out of the Smith home. Emily wrote, “I do not remember [speaking to] Joseph but once...after I left the Mansion house and that was just before he started for Carthage." Joseph was killed in Carthage on June 27, 1844. "

For those interested in verification that Smith did have sexual relationships with his "plurals," this site provides that information:

http://www.josephsmithspolygamy.com/...Sexuality.html

Gullible Mormons (or those in denial) try to tell us Joe only had platonic relationships with these young girls. They are not fooling thinking people, only fooling themselves.

So, we see once again how "fatherly" Joe Smith used his "in-loco-parentis" position as well as his authority as "prophet", and the absence of biological parents as well, to induce young girls to acquiesce to his enticements of celestial favor for hopping into his bed, ***ured of the Mormon god's full approval! How sad that most Mormons accept these acts completely without using any discretion regarding Smith's sex life with young girls. As long as Smith did it, it's okay with them................but thinking Mormons look at the same facts, and many walk away, knowing that they've been "had" by Smith and his successors.

(All quotes from the site: "The Wives of Joseph Smith").

Apologette
01-13-2014, 02:44 PM
I guess the Mormons are content to have this sexual stalker, Smith, as a prophet. This is why cult leaders get so much power - their gullible followers fail to protest, even when the evil of the leader reaches to the point where he is marrying teenage girls!

RealFakeHair
01-13-2014, 02:53 PM
I guess the Mormons are content to have this sexual stalker, Smith, as a prophet. This is why cult leaders get so much power - their gullible followers fail to protest, even when the evil of the leader reaches to the point where he is marrying teenage girls!

It will never matter to the TBMs here on this sight. They are under his spell.