PDA

View Full Version : How Mormons Discard God's Word, Trading It for "An Arm of Flesh"

Apologette
01-21-2014, 10:52 AM
Posted a similar thread elsewhere, and thought it would be good to post here as well.

When a person ignores the inerrant Word of God, as many Mormons do, and starts trusting in the "arm of flesh," one has spurned the "narrow way," to life and finds himself on the highway to hell. All cult leaders thrive by having their followers consider them to be the "mouthpiece" of God. This is a lie. The Word of God is the "mouthpiece" of God, not some man. And here is where the Mormons have gone wrong - they have strayed so far from God's Word that they appear to simply discard it in favor of the words of men.

Let's take a look at what Mormons teach about trusting in the arm of flesh:

President Wilford Woodruff stated:

"I say to Israel, the Lord will never permit me or any other man who stands as president of the Church to lead you astray. It is not in the program. It is not in the mind of God." (The Discourses of Wilford Woodruff, pp. 212-213.)

President Marion G. Romney tells of this incident which happened to him:

"I remember years ago when I was a Bishop I had President (Heber J.) Grant talk to our ward. After the meeting I drove him home . . . Standing by me, he put his arm over my shoulder and said: 'My boy, you always keep your eye on the President of the Church, and if he ever tells you to do anything, and it is wrong, and you do it, the Lord will bless you for it.' Then with a twinkle in his eye, he said, 'But you don't need to worry. The Lord will never let his mouthpiece lead the people astray.'" (CR, October 1960, p. 78.)

Gosh! I thought you should keep your eye on Jesus, not on men:

2 Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed - that exhilarating finish in and with God - he could put up with anything along the way: cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. (Heb. 12, The Message Bible)

And have Mormon "prophets" led Mormons astray. Consider Brigham Young:

"There is not a man or woman, who violates the covenants made with their God, that will not be required to pay the debt. The blood of Christ will never wipe that out, your own blood must atone for it . . . " (Journal of Discourses, vol. 3, p. 247; see also, vol. 4, p. 53-54, 219-220).

"God himself is increasing and progressing in knowledge, power, and dominion, and will do so, worlds without end," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p. 120). (This negates the doctrine of an omnipotent God)

"Now hear it, O inhabitants of the earth, Jew and Gentile, Saint and sinner! When our father Adam came into the garden of Eden, he came into it with a celestial body, and brought Eve, one of his wives, with him. He helped to make and organize this world. He is Michael, the Archangel, the Ancient of Days! about whom holy men have written and spoken -- He is our Father, and our God, and the only God with whom we have to do. Every man upon the earth, professing Christians or non professing, must hear it, and will know it sooner or later." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 1, p. 50).

"In the days of Joseph [Smith] it was considered a great privilege to be permitted to speak to a member of Congress, but twenty-six years will not p*** away before the Elders of this Church will be as much thought of as the kings on their thrones," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 4, p. 40). A pretty good example of a false prophecy folks!

Or, consider Mormon prophet Joseph F. Smith's false words: "This doctrine of eternal union of husband and wife, and of plural marriage, is one of the most important doctrines ever revealed to man in any age of the world. Without it man would come to a full stop; without it we never could be exalted to ***ociate with and become god..." (JOD 21:9). Forget it, Mormons, you're done! No polygamy, no exaltation.

And here we have Marion Romney, Mormon Apostle, threatening a dissenter with apostasy because he didn't go along with the "living" prophet:

"Said President Marion G. Romney, "It is an easy thing to believe in the dead prophets, but it is a greater thing to believe in the living prophets." And then he gives this illustration:

"One day when President Grant was living, I sat in my office across the street following a general conference. A man came over to see me, an elderly man. He was very upset about what had been said in this conference by some of the Brethren, including myself. I could tell from his speech that he came from a foreign land. After I had quieted him enough so he would listen, I said, 'Why did you come to America?' 'I am here because a prophet of God told me to come.' 'Who was the prophet;' I continued. 'Wilford Woodruff.' 'Do you believe Wilford Woodruff was a prophet of God?' 'Yes, I do.' 'Do you believe that President Joseph F. Smith was a prophet of God?' 'Yes, sir.'

"Then came the sixty-four dollar question. 'Do you believe that Heber J. Grant is a prophet of God?' His answer, 'I think he ought to keep his mouth shut about old age ***istance.'

"Now I tell you that a man in his position is on the way to apostasy. He is forfeiting his chances for eternal life. So is everyone who cannot follow the living Prophet of God." (CR, April 1953, p. 125.)"

Gosh, political disagreement with the "living prophet" on a political issue must consign one to hell (or a low part in the Telestial kingdom I guess). It was really a blessing that Romney lost, I guess. Imagine being cursed to hell for disagreeing with the Mormon prophet politically! I bet these Mormons are all collecting Social Security when they reach old age! How things change!

Sorry to tell you Mormons this, but you are under a curse:

"Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord." (Jeremiah 17:5) (This would include clinging to the words of a false apostle like Uchtdorf and ignoring the Word of God found in the Bible)

Source of info and a good read: http://www.utlm.org/onlinebooks/followingthebrethren.htm

nrajeffreturns
01-22-2014, 01:49 PM
Posted a similar thread elsewhere, and thought it would be good to post here as well.

You thought wrong, IMO.

James Banta
01-22-2014, 02:43 PM
You thought wrong, IMO.

I agree with you jeff.. You wouldn't want the fact that Young taught in the name of a false god other than the false gods taught by Smith.. I mean it is bad enough that mormonism teaches that there are three gods for this world but to say that the creation (Adam) is god makes things that much worse.. It hard enough to trick people into believing that Smith saw the Father and the Son that early spring day in 1820. But to teach that God came to this world and fell to the will of his own spirit son Lucifer and sinned against his own law is outrageous.. I would deny that as much as I could, as loudly as I could yell if I were you.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns
01-23-2014, 05:59 PM
I agree with you jeff..
I am glad you agree with my statement that it was NOT a good idea to recycle a screed from Cram over here in this forum.

After all, Jim, you are the one who preached that we should leave the Carm stuff on Carm.....

James Banta
01-23-2014, 08:23 PM
I am glad you agree with my statement that it was NOT a good idea to recycle a screed from Cram over here in this forum.

After all, Jim, you are the one who preached that we should leave the Carm stuff on Carm.....

I agree with that too.. Leave what is on CARM on CARM.. If the same subject is addressed here it should be of a new composition.. Since I see that the LDS do discard God's word for the teaching of men I can't disagree with Apologette's position, only that she should have brought it up as a fresh subject.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns
01-24-2014, 12:11 AM
I agree with that too.. Leave what is on CARM on CARM.. If the same subject is addressed here it should be of a new composition.. Since I see that the LDS do discard God's word for the teaching of men I can't disagree with Apologette's position, only that she should have brought it up as a fresh subject.. IHS jim

How fresh is it, really when she's getting it from the Journal of Discourses?

James Banta
01-24-2014, 11:38 AM
How fresh is it, really when she's getting it from the Journal of Discourses?

Isn't that an LDS source owned and controlled by the LDS church.. It can hardly be seen as an anti source.. I will stand behind anything ever published by Billy Graham or those inside his ministry.. I will stand behind the teachings of Donald Grey Barnhouse, or those of Jonathan Edwards.. Are you willing to do the same with your historic leaders? Can you rely on the messages that 19th century LDS leaders and prophets brought to the church and insisted were the very word of God? No because mormonism has no iron rod to hold onto. What ever the next "prophet" teaches is the truth that must be followed.. It doesn't matter in mormonism what there former leaders taught. Neither Snow, Young, or even Smith have as much authority as Monson.. Not even their standard works, books like the BIBLE, have the level of authority as does their living prophet.. That is cultic beyond measure.. And yet to quote one of those prophets that is just what the church teaches:

The prophet is the only man who speaks for the Lord in everything.
The living prophet is more vital to us than the Standard Works.
The living prophet is more important to us than a dead prophet. (Fourteen Fundamentals in Following the Prophet, President Ezra Taft Benson, www.lds.org/liahona/1981/06/fourteen-fundamentals-in-following-the-prophet?lang=eng) IHS jim

nrajeffreturns
01-24-2014, 07:10 PM
If it's accusations that have been made over and over in the past, and which are based on a publication that is 140 years old, it's hard to see you describe it as "fresh" withOUT typing: "LOL"

James Banta
01-25-2014, 03:26 PM
If it's accusations that have been made over and over in the past, and which are based on a publication that is 140 years old, it's hard to see you describe it as "fresh" with typing: LOL

Do you see the date on my quote? It says 1981.. 1981 was 33 years ago not 140 years ago.. I can remember these teaching coming from President Benson.. 140 Years really? Is that how long ago you believe Mr. Benson was the President of the 12 apostles of the LDS church? If I didn't find your lack of knowledge to be so sad I would be laughing at you.. IHS jim

Apologette
01-25-2014, 06:08 PM
I agree with you jeff.. You wouldn't want the fact that Young taught in the name of a false god other than the false gods taught by Smith.. I mean it is bad enough that mormonism teaches that there are three gods for this world but to say that the creation (Adam) is god makes things that much worse.. It hard enough to trick people into believing that Smith saw the Father and the Son that early spring day in 1820. But to teach that God came to this world and fell to the will of his own spirit son Lucifer and sinned against his own law is outrageous.. I would deny that as much as I could, as loudly as I could yell if I were you.. IHS jim

Good point! If Adam was god, then he let his own kid, Lucifer, the brother of Mormon Jesus, deceive him!

nrajeffreturns
01-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Do you see the date on my quote? It says 1981.. 1981 was 33 years ago not 140 years ago..
Krusader Katherine's "screed" was citing the Journal of Discourses, Jim, and it came out WAY before 1981.

If I didn't find your lack of knowledge to be so sad I would be laughing at you.. IHS jim
So that's the only thing that keeps you from laughing at others? LOL ! (Oops, I guess I shouldn't have typed "LOL")

James Banta
01-27-2014, 07:07 AM
[nrajeffreturns;152206]Krusader Katherine's "screed" was citing the Journal of Discourses, Jim, and it came out WAS before 1981.

In 1981 a prophet of your church cited those reason for following the prophet.. If it was done before him it doesn't matter. It is still a teaching of the LDS church that a man's word whether or not you believe he is speaking for the Lord is more important to you than God's unchangeable word. That is seen clearly in Young's long time teaching that Adam was God.. He clearly was teaching error SERIOUS ERROR (he actually taught in the name of other gods).. If the LDS would have listened to the Voice of Jesus from His word he never could have taught such a great sin to the LDS people.. An LDS prophet can teach error and do so for years allowing many to enter eternity without having faith in the one true and living God..

So that's the only thing that keeps you from laughing at others? LOL ! (Oops, I guess I shouldn't have typed "LOL")

Yes if it held no eternal consequences your strange teachings would be very humorous.. But error as to who and what God is when His truth is spelled out so clearly in the Bible is sad, very sad indeed.. IHS jim