PDA

View Full Version : Have the LDS Abandoned the "most holy and important doctrine" revealed??

Apologette
02-01-2014, 02:25 PM
William Clayton was the personal secretary of Joseph Smith. He prepared an affidavit regarding the revelation of polygamy (D&C 132) by Smith which should be interesting to everybody:

"After the revelation on celestial marriage was written, Joseph continued his instructions, privately, on the doctrine, to myself and others, and during the last year of his life we were scarcely ever together, alone, but he was talking on the subject, and explaining that doctrine and principles connected with it. He appeared to enjoy great liberty and freedom in his teachings, and also to find great relief in having a few to whom he could unbosom his feelings on that great and glorious subject.
From him I learned that the doctrine of plural and celestial marriage is the most holy and important doctrine ever revealed to man on the earth, and that without obedience to that principle no man can ever attain to the fulness of exaltation in celestial glory." from: William Clayton’s 1874 Affidavit on Delivery of the Revelation

Now, I've seen Mormons elsewhere say that Clayton was a liar, or that I'm a liar for posting this, or whatever other abuse they can come up with to obscure the words of Mr. Clayton. However, this affidavit is a legal document, and a person making such an affidavit is sworn in. So, if this affidavit is true, does it mean:

1. Does the above statement mean that D&C 132 is more important than the revelation of Jesus Christ?
2. Does the above statement mean that Mormons have rejected the most important revelation God ever gave to men?
3. Does the above statement mean that true Mormonism is only found in those groups which obey the revelation which includes: The Kingston Clan, the Allred group, the FLDS, Centennial Park polygamists, the True and Living Church of Jesus Christ, and the rest of the breakaway polygamist churches which consider Mormonism to be apostate?

If Mormons aren't true to what their own founder said was the most important revelation God every gave to men, which includes polygamy and celestial marriage both, then why should anybody take them seriously? Why have they abandoned their god's revelation? For the sake of expediency? It sure seems that way.

Apologette
02-02-2014, 08:31 AM
I wonder how Utahite Mormons now legitimize abandoning plural marriage since the court has ruled that it can no longer be prosecuted in the case of consenting ADULTS? What excuses are they using to turn their back on the greatest revelation God (their god that is) ever revealed to mankind? Money? Property? Less Members? Loss of their claim to be Christian?

James Banta
02-02-2014, 09:39 AM
I wonder how Utahite Mormons now legitimize abandoning plural marriage since the court has ruled that it can no longer be prosecuted in the case of consenting ADULTS? What excuses are they using to turn their back on the greatest revelation God (their god that is) ever revealed to mankind? Money? Property? Less Members? Loss of their claim to be Christian?

Isn't this another point that the LDS aren't being obedient to God's commandments? I have seen nothing from the "brothern" that has receded the 132nd section of the D&C.. The manifesto made it clear that polygamy was set aside ONLY because that action was required by the Government not by God..

Inasmuch as laws have been enacted by Congress forbidding plural marriages, which laws have been pronounced cons***utional by the court of last resort, I hereby declare my intention to submit to those laws, and to use my influence with the members of the Church over which I preside to have them do likewise. (Wilford Woodruff, President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Official Declaration 1)

Now that restriction is removed. No longer is the LDS church in jeopardy of losing their liberty, wealth or property in again being obedient to the 132 section of the D&C.. So how is it that the LDS insist that obedience is a requirement for salvation and yet continue in disobedience to God's commandments.. If a man takes a second wife while a member of the Salt Lake sect of mormonism they are excommunicated from the church.. And that is obedience!?!?

Look at the way the 132 section of the D&C is begun It says "Verily, thus saith the Lord" and Official Declaration 1 "To Whom It May Concern".. I ask all thinking people to answer this question for themselves: Which of those statements hold the most authority? The LDS fundamentalist movement holds more authority then the Salt Lake sect. The Salt Lake sect is in serious disobedience while the other were strong enough to weather the storm of indignation set against what the LDS had seen as a saving ordinance and stay true to God's commandments. Therefore those LDS involved in the Salt Lake sect of mormonism are outside obedience to God and are not saved and will be seen as sinners before His judgment seat.. They aren't just ****ed by the words of God recorded for us in the Bible, they are ****ed by the words recorded by their own books.. The Government no longer holds polygamy as criminal and the 132 section is still there teaching polygamy. Mormons should be brave enough to be obedient to a message from God announced to them in no uncertain terms (Thus saith the Lord) and reject the worldly message to them (To whom it may concern).. IHS jim

Apologette
02-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Isn't this another point that the LDS aren't being obedient to God's commandments? I have seen nothing from the "brothern" that has receded the 132nd section of the D&C.. The manifesto made it clear that polygamy was set aside ONLY because that action was required by the Government not by God..

Inasmuch as laws have been enacted by Congress forbidding plural marriages, which laws have been pronounced cons***utional by the court of last resort, I hereby declare my intention to submit to those laws, and to use my influence with the members of the Church over which I preside to have them do likewise. (Wilford Woodruff, President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Official Declaration 1)

Now that restriction is removed. No longer is the LDS church in jeopardy of losing their liberty, wealth or property in again being obedient to the 132 section of the D&C.. So how is it that the LDS insist that obedience is a requirement for salvation and yet continue in disobedience to God's commandments.. If a man takes a second wife while a member of the Salt Lake sect of mormonism they are excommunicated from the church.. And that is obedience!?!?

Look at the way the 132 section of the D&C is begun It says "Verily, thus saith the Lord" and Official Declaration 1 "To Whom It May Concern".. I ask all thinking people to answer this question for themselves: Which of those statements hold the most authority? The LDS fundamentalist movement holds more authority then the Salt Lake sect. The Salt Lake sect is in serious disobedience while the other were strong enough to weather the storm of indignation set against what the LDS had seen as a saving ordinance and stay true to God's commandments. Therefore those LDS involved in the Salt Lake sect of mormonism are outside obedience to God and are not saved and will be seen as sinners before His judgment seat.. They aren't just ****ed by the words of God recorded for us in the Bible, they are ****ed by the words recorded by their own books.. The Government no longer holds polygamy as criminal and the 132 section is still there teaching polygamy. Mormons should be brave enough to be obedient to a message from God announced to them in no uncertain terms (Thus saith the Lord) and reject the worldly message to them (To whom it may concern).. IHS jim

Which pretty much proves, Jim, that the Fundamentalist Mormons have a good point. Utahite-Brighamite Mormonism is simply apostate. I think that this change in law will not bode well for the LDS! They will look so hypocritical! At least the Community of Christ never inserted D&C 132 into their revelations.