PDA

View Full Version : Emergent leader denies the Resurrection of Christ!

sunofmysoul
02-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Emergent leader denies the Resurrection of Christ!
In a recent interview at Calvin Ins***ute Emergent leader Peter Rollins admitted to denying the Resurrection on a regularly basis! In his own words:

"At one point in the proceedings someone asked if my theoretical position led me to denying the Resurrection of Christ. This question allowed me the opportunity to communicate clearly and concisely my thoughts on the subject, which I repeat here.

Without equivocation or hesitation I fully and completely admit that I deny the resurrection of Christ. This is something that anyone who knows me could tell you, and I am not afraid to say it publicly, no matter what some people may think…

I deny the resurrection of Christ every time I do not serve at the feet of the oppressed, each day that I turn my back on the poor; I deny the resurrection of Christ when I close my ears to the cries of the downtrodden and lend my support to an unjust and corrupt system.

However there are moments when I affirm that resurrection, few and far between as they are. I affirm it when I stand up for those who are forced to live on their knees, when I speak for those who have had their tongues torn out, when I cry for those who have no more tears left to shed."

this post was from a friend Gwahir and i thought it deserved repeating...:)

with love to all,
somsy

sayso
02-24-2009, 08:41 PM

with love to all,
somsy

Hi soms,

Am I or anyone else supposed to believe it didn't happen because Peter Rollins said it is what he believes? The man you quoted is a heretic as far as the Body of Christ is concerned. He doesn't believe what is written in the Bible is true and apparently you don't either. I believe God and always will. There is nothing new under the sun. Right from the start some said that His disciples stole His body from the tomb. People don't want to believe God, so they'll listen to and believe anything some goof ball says just so they can feel justified in denying Jesus.

There are also people saying that our own government blew up the twin towers and that there were no planes that flew into them. :rolleyes: Doesn't mean it's true.

Have a good evening. :)

MacG
02-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi soms,

Am I or anyone else supposed to believe it didn't happen because Peter Rollins said it is what he believes? The man you quoted is a heretic as far as the Body of Christ is concerned. He doesn't believe what is written in the Bible is true and apparently you don't either. I believe God and always will. There is nothing new under the sun. Right from the start some said that His disciples stole His body from the tomb. People don't want to believe God, so they'll listen to and believe anything some goof ball says just so they can feel justified in denying Jesus.

There are also people saying that our own government blew up the twin towers and that there were no planes that flew into them. :rolleyes: Doesn't mean it's true.

Have a good evening. :)

I think if you re-read it with this in mind "Why do you call me Lord and do not do the things that I say?" you'll get his "shock jock" approach of affirming the resurrection.

Blessings,

MacG

Trinity
02-24-2009, 09:56 PM
I think the heart of his proclamation is about the victory of the Gospel on the oppression and the oppressors. We should not read it at the first degree.

If there is no hope for the poorest the ressurection is vain. The ressurection should have been a revolution and a changement for this world and not something centered on our little person only. That was a strong statement against selfishness and snobbishness.

Trinity

sayso
02-24-2009, 11:40 PM

with love to all,
somsy

I think if you re-read it with this in mind "Why do you call me Lord and do not do the things that I say?" you'll get his "shock jock" approach of affirming the resurrection.

Blessings,

MacG

I thought it did sound rather tongue in check but I don't think everyone is reading it that way.

sunofmysoul
02-25-2009, 11:59 AM
I think the heart of his proclamation is about the victory of the Gospel on the oppression and the oppressors. We should not read it at the first degree.

If there is no hope for the poorest the ressurection is vain. The ressurection should have been a revolution and a changement for this world and not something centered on our little person only. That was a strong statement against selfishness and snobbishness.

Trinity

thank you Trinity (and macG) :)
this was rather a "grab" your attention to make a point kinda quote...
and i loved the point it made...
it will cause some to come read it just to point out the flaws and how wrong he is...when he is giving purpose and meaning to our very lives, and the path we choose to follow when we "take up our cross" to follow Him....

it blessed me so...as i was certainly expecting something else...
and found this refreshing yet challenging thought ......

with love,
somsy

alanmolstad
02-07-2014, 07:10 AM
the quotation in the opening post is from some type of guy who seemed to go out of his way to make his point not very clear, while at the same time protesting that he was making his point very clear.

Its like if someone were to ask me, "Do you love your wife"
And I answered, "I must thank you for asking this question, for it will now allow me to make my views crystal clear." and then go on to say - "The answer to the question, "Alan do you love your wife? is "NO!"

and then go on and add this next part,

"The answer is NO that I do not love my wife every time I do not work just as hard as I can until I drop over dead tired...No, I do not love my wife if I hog all the covers and then pretend to act shocked if she asks for a few back to keep warm"

Etc, etc,etc...

The point is that after reading my post you are left with the feeling of "*** is this guy talking about?"

thats the way i feel after ready the opening quotation,

sunofmysoul
02-10-2014, 06:20 AM
the quotation in the opening post is from some type of guy who seemed to go out of his way to make his point not very clear, while at the same time protesting that he was making his point very clear.

Its like if someone were to ask me, "Do you love your wife"
And I answered, "I must thank you for asking this question, for it will now allow me to make my views crystal clear." and then go on to say - "The answer to the question, "Alan do you love your wife? is "NO!"

and then go on and add this next part,

"The answer is NO that I do not love my wife every time I do not work just as hard as I can until I drop over dead tired...No, I do not love my wife if I hog all the covers and then pretend to act shocked if she asks for a few back to keep warm"

Etc, etc,etc...

The point is that after reading my post you are left with the feeling of "*** is this guy talking about?"

thats the way i feel after ready the opening quotation,I think you have missed it. ;)

but that is just the way i feel after reading your post.

what caused the dig into ancient threads? lol

alanmolstad
02-10-2014, 07:07 AM
I think you have missed it. ;)

I like to spend a bit of free time going over past topics to see if there are things of interest to me to find?

sunofmysoul
02-10-2014, 02:06 PM
I think you have missed it. ;)

cool. :cool:

just curious. :)