PDA

View Full Version : The Book of Mormon’s Credibility

alanmolstad
08-24-2014, 06:15 PM
http://www.equip.org/hank_speaks_out/the-book-of-mormons-credibility/

Phoenix
08-25-2014, 02:01 PM
CRI.....lol.

What you might really find interesting, is if you look into Hank Hanegraaff's credibility. If you Google that, one of the hits is:

Hank Hanegraaff's false theology and questionable character

You can also ask Walter Martin's friends and family what they think of Hank.

RealFakeHair
08-25-2014, 08:23 PM
CRI.....lol.

What you might really find interesting, is if you look into Hank Hanegraaff's credibility. If you Google that, one of the hits is:

Hank Hanegraaff's false theology and questionable character

You can also ask Walter Martin's friends and family what they think of Hank.

Everyone that doesn't tow the LDSinc. line is of questionable character to you.

Phoenix
08-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Everyone that doesn't tow the LDSinc. line is of questionable character to you.

Not at all true. There are many people who aren't LDS, or who think some LDS beliefs are incorrect, whose character I would judge as being above my own.

A more accurate statement would be: Everyone who DOES follow LDS teachings is of questionable character to YOU.

RealFakeHair
08-27-2014, 07:04 AM
Not at all true. There are many people who aren't LDS, or who think some LDS beliefs are incorrect, whose character I would judge as being above my own.

A more accurate statement would be: Everyone who DOES follow LDS teachings is of questionable character to YOU.

How can I judge your character when I don't know anything about you? Now as for Joseph Smith jr. What is it we don't know about his character?

jdjhere
08-27-2014, 09:55 AM
Phoenix- Be fair and read the article. You should address the problems the author raises rather than attack his character. If that is the logic we use (character flaws) then we would read zero articles by zero authors.
As far as I know, "Reformed Egyptian Hieroglyphics" is still not a known language anywhere in the world. If it is, please send me a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reformed_Egyptian "Scholarly reference works on languages do not, however, acknowledge the existence of either a "reformed Egyptian" language or "reformed Egyptian" script as it has been described in Mormon belief. No archaeological, linguistic, or other evidence of the use of Egyptian writing in ancient America has been discovered.[3]

This is just one problematic issue Hank Hanegraaf brings up in the article (which has absolutely nothing to do with Mr Hanegraaf's character flaws). You should read it.

Phoenix stated- "There are many people who aren't LDS, or who think some LDS beliefs are incorrect, whose character I would judge as being above my own."

Name one who is a Christian and why you would think his or her character is above your own. Thanks.

RealFakeHair
08-27-2014, 11:59 AM
jdjhere, Quote: Phoenix- Be fair and read the article. You should address the problems the author raises rather than attack his character. If that is the logic we use (character flaws) then we would read zero articles by zero authors.
As far as I know, "Reformed Egyptian Hieroglyphics" is still not a known language anywhere in the world. If it is, please send me a link.

He can't be fair, he can't read or watch anything that might invade his Joseph Smith jr. mind-think.
Any TBM no matter how strong they are in their faith will succumb to the doubt of belief and will seek to go to their Bishop and asks for re***urance. The Bishop will explain to them it is the devil and they must not go there.
So in the end many like Phoenix will either leave and not come back or will become arrogant and condescending. Pretending to be interested in debate, but like Phoenix, will just play games, and never really answers you'r questions.

jdjhere
08-27-2014, 12:17 PM
I feel you, RealFakeHair, but lets give him a chance. I have never seen a good response to this question. As a matter of fact, I have never even seen a response. If a type of writing called "Reformed Egyptian Hieroglyphics" exists nobody has ever heard of it except the LDS.

RealFakeHair
08-27-2014, 12:48 PM
I feel you, RealFakeHair, but lets give him a chance. I have never seen a good response to this question. As a matter of fact, I have never even seen a response. If a type of writing called "Reformed Egyptian Hieroglyphics" exists nobody has ever heard of it except the LDS.
Most TBMs know it doesn't exist, but they keep it in the back of their minds. (cognitive dissonance ) explains it better than anything I've seen, and I believe it to be true.

Snow Patrol
08-27-2014, 04:38 PM
Phoenix- Be fair and read the article. You should address the problems the author raises rather than attack his character. If that is the logic we use (character flaws) then we would read zero articles by zero authors.

I'd like to see you guys apply the same rule to LDS people then. Judge them by what they write only.

RealFakeHair
08-27-2014, 05:28 PM
I'd like to see you guys apply the same rule to LDS people then. Judge them by what they write only.

Let me tell you how (I) apply (my) rule. First come up with a book, article or video that attempts to lay claim of the Truth of Joseph Smith jr. Book of Mormon, Abraham, Jewish DNA on the Americas pre-Columbus, and such, and I will take a look at it. From time to time I'll go to F.A.I.R. or Jeff Lindsay. (I) (Me) have even read books from BYU professors. So that is how I came to Judge LDSinc. And until this date, nothing, I mean nothing of any evidences points to the truthfulness of all things LDSinc. When it comes down to it, it is all based on wishful thinking, and faith. I don't care if you believe all things LDSinc. As long as it is your faith and not your facts, which you or no LDSinc. TBM has.

Phoenix
08-30-2014, 01:30 PM
How can I judge your character when I don't know anything about you?

That is a GREAT (rhetorical) question, which you undermine with your next post:

He can't be fair, he can't read or watch anything that might invade his Joseph Smith jr. mind-think.

So let's re-ask it:

How can you judge my character when you don't know anything about me?
Why DID you just do that?

Phoenix
08-30-2014, 01:35 PM
jdjhere, Quote: Phoenix- Be fair and read the article. You should address the problems the author raises rather than attack his character. If that is the logic we use (character flaws) then we would read zero articles by zero authors.
You are quite right, my comment was an ad hominem fallacy--I tried to instill doubt in Hank H.'s conclusions about LDS people, by citing Christians (including Walter Martin's family) who consider Hank to be a sneaky, greedy con man.

And it's logically fallacious, and therefore illegitimate, to attack alleged MORAL failings or character flaws in a person, as a way of creating doubt regarding the accuracy or veracity of any given statement or conclusion that person has made.

(hint)

Phoenix
08-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Name one who is a Christian and why you would think his or her character is above your own. Thanks.

Mother Theresa, because she showed far more comp***ion for the needy--and showed it by actually dedicating her life to it--than I could ever see myself doing.

RealFakeHair
08-30-2014, 05:34 PM
Mother Theresa, because she showed far more comp***ion for the needy--and showed it by actually dedicating her life to it--than I could ever see myself doing.
unlike the LDSinc. missionary who spends about 18-24 months just going around on bikes?

RealFakeHair
08-30-2014, 05:36 PM

Ho, and this? http://guardianlv.com/2013/10/mother-teresa-was-no-saint-says-study/

Christodoulos
09-03-2014, 05:28 PM
why do people love to BASH Mormons? I don't know why. What pleasure is there in doing so?

Where does it get all of you...nowhere ;so why do it?

RealFakeHair
09-03-2014, 06:24 PM
why do people love to BASH Mormons? I don't know why. What pleasure is there in doing so?

Where does it get all of you...nowhere ;so why do it?

Why do you BASH people who BASH mormon? Where does it get all of you, nowhere, so why do it?

Christodoulos
09-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Why do you BASH people who BASH mormon? Where does it get all of you, nowhere, so why do it?

how am I doing that ? if you have an obsession with mormons then go get some help with your diseases.

RealFakeHair
09-03-2014, 06:43 PM
how am I doing that ? if you have an obsession with mormons then go get some help with your diseases.

Some how it went right over your head, not surprising

Christodoulos
09-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Some how it went right over your head, not surprising

it's not surprising to me that the Mormons are your favorite subject. Do you know anything else?

RealFakeHair
09-03-2014, 06:49 PM
it's not surprising to me that the Mormons are your favorite subject. Do you know anything else?
Me know nothing, but one question, how many self portraits do you have of yourself hanging in your mom's basement, I mean your bed room?