PDA

View Full Version : Fascinating Question

S.R.L
07-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Is the God of the Apostle Paul (who was a Hebrew Christian) a different God from the God of Abraham (who was the first Hebrew)?

alanmolstad
07-02-2015, 04:00 PM
Is the God of the Apostle Paul (who was a Hebrew Christian) a different God from the God of Abraham (who was the first Hebrew)?

The covenant between Paul and God was different than the one between Abraham and God....
We are under the NEW Covenant, and not under the Old...

S.R.L
07-06-2015, 05:54 PM
The covenant between Paul and God was different than the one between Abraham and God....
We are under the NEW Covenant, and not under the Old...

Why couldn't it be the same God?

alanmolstad
07-06-2015, 06:29 PM
Why couldn't it be the same God?

God does not change, but the covenant did

S.R.L
07-06-2015, 07:26 PM
God does not change, but the covenant did

Again, I ask why couldn't it be the same God? I agree with you that God does not change but the covenant changed. What does the statement God does not change mean to you?

alanmolstad
07-06-2015, 07:58 PM
What does the statement God does not change mean to you?

What I meant by it was that we dont switch out gods.....one god did not "tap out" and allow a different god to take it....We didnt change gods....

S.R.L
07-06-2015, 08:19 PM
What I meant by it was that "we" dont switch out gods.....one god did not "tap out" and allow a different god to take it....We didnt change gods....

Who is we ?

Again, why couldn't it be the same God?

alanmolstad
07-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Who is we ?

they who are reading the account

Saxon
07-08-2015, 09:39 PM

There is only one God that is God. Any other that claims to be God is false. (See Isaiah 43:10) The God of the apostle Paul is the God of Abraham. The God of the Old Testament is the God of the New Testament

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

S.R.L
07-11-2015, 08:29 PM

Saxon/ There is only one God that is God. Any other that claims to be God is false. (See Isaiah 43:10) The God of the apostle Paul is the God of Abraham. The God of the Old Testament is the God of the New Testament

Jesus of the New Testament is the Jehovah of the Old Testament and some three person/ One God believer scholars make that ***umption. There are plenty of Old Testament verses proclaiming this nugget of truth. Saxon, you are very close to being a God in Christ believer.

Saxon
07-19-2015, 08:29 PM
Are you against using the term, Trinity? state your position so it can be understood.

alanmolstad
07-20-2015, 04:35 AM
I doubt the guest is going to answer you....

S.R.L
07-26-2015, 09:54 PM
alanmolstad /I doubt the guest is going to answer you.... Saxon/ Are you against using the term, Trinity? state your position so it can be understood.

S.R.L/ My position is a God in Christ believer.

Saxon
07-28-2015, 08:51 PM
Are you against using the term, Trinity? state your position so it can be understood.

S.R.L
07-29-2015, 12:12 AM
Saxon/Are you against using the term, Trinity?

S.R.L/I would rather not use the peculiar vocabulary that it takes to define the Trinity.

Saxon
07-29-2015, 01:18 AM
it is not hard. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are the one God. The Trinity. Nothing complicated about defining the Trinity, it is coming to an understanding of the Trinity that can play games with your head if you let it.

alanmolstad
04-06-2017, 05:19 PM
Saxon/Are you against using the term, Trinity?

S.R.L/I would rather not use the peculiar vocabulary that it takes to define the Trinity.

that is an interesting post....
I dont understand you, but still it was fun to read

Robert
12-21-2018, 06:54 AM
This is a very controversial issue. I heard a lot of opinions about this. Some will agree, others will show it as ridiculous.