PDA

View Full Version : Maklelans "ignore" game

JDErickson
04-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Maklelan,
We are all familiar with your recent "I'm ignoring" you game. It's possible you may not even see this post but I really hope that you do as I think you may learn something important.

It doesn't do any good to do this:
http://collegejolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/temper-tantrum.jpg

It doesn't do any good to do this:
http://www.wyrebc.gov.uk/page.aspx?ImgID=1491

I doesn't do any good to do this:
http://www.salamandersociety.com/slamtoons/captions/blinders/041209stray_mutt_blinder2.jpg

You really seem like an intelligent person Maklelan. I know you are a bit young so I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I challenge to use that intelligence and those fancy degrees to dig deeper into the Mormon church. Take off the blinders and let down your pride a bit. Its okay to be wrong sometimes. Your pride and arrogance will do nothing for you at judgment day.

This is a clever, charismatic con artist......... not a "Prophet":
http://www.geocities.com/ldstruth/pics/JS.jpg

You will know this if you will just look past your arrogance and blinders.

I'll be praying for you Maklelan.

maklelan
04-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Maklelan,
We are all familiar with your recent "I'm ignoring" you game. It's possible you may not even see this post but I really hope that you do as I think you may learn something important.

I've learned that you thrash around like a child when you don't get your way. I put you on ignore because you showed me in no uncertain terms that you were absolutely unwilling and unable to look for a second at your perspective with an objective eye. Once that has been established I know the only thing that discourse with you can effect is an enormous waste of my time. Don't waste your time trying to condescend to me about my church or the Bible. You will never be successful.

I read this post because it demanded my attention, but it appears to be nothing more than an attempt to slake your insecurities and make you feel like a bigger person than me. It clearly betrays your lack of self control. I hope it made you feel powerful for at least a little while. You're back on ignore for good.

nrajeff
04-12-2009, 09:58 PM
I challenge to use that intelligence and those fancy degrees to dig deeper into the Mormon church. Take off the blinders and let down your pride a bit.
--That is the challenge that we LDS give to you AOTLs. LOL.

Its okay to be wrong sometimes.
---Apparently is not okay for attackers of the LDS to admit being wrong, since one surely does not see any such admissions with any kind of frequency. Heck, some of you still can't force yourselves to admit that you were wrong when you claimed that no precolumbian civilization raised barley.

Your pride and arrogance will do nothing for you at judgment day.
---It will do about as much for the LDS as it will for their attackers, I suspect.

SavedbyTruth
04-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I just love it when you guys resort to pictures.

SbT

Richard
04-12-2009, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE=JDErickson;12106]Maklelan,

Interesting JD, it will be awhile before you're a senior member as both Jeff, Maklelan and myself are. So I predict that before you make that rating, most of us will have put you on ignore, but that really depends on you and your advancement from diaper baby, to pedestrian and possibly good and faithful Christian poster. "Depends" the diapers of choice by those who fail to mature and grow up.

R.

Fig-bearing Thistle
04-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Maklelan,

It's only proper to ignore you when this starts happening, JDE.
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/small/HolyGrail017.jpg

Because if he doesn't ignore you, then you end up like this:
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/small/HolyGrail021.jpg

And that's always ugly.

nrajeff
04-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Come on! It's just a flesh wound! Have at you then!

JDErickson
04-13-2009, 07:48 AM
It's only proper to ignore you when this starts happening, JDE.
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/small/HolyGrail017.jpg

Because if he doesn't ignore you, then you end up like this:
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/small/HolyGrail021.jpg

And that's always ugly.

I'm guessing this is Monty Python but I never saw the movie. I know that makes me sub-human. Can you explain the two pictures?

Fig-bearing Thistle
04-13-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm guessing this is Monty Python but I never saw the movie. I know that makes me sub-human. Can you explain the two pictures?

It's a cl***ic. Arthur is on a quest seeking the holy grail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

alanmolstad
02-07-2014, 09:01 AM
One of the things that is in very bad manners is to aim a topic on a forum at only one member by name.

each person that posts on a message forum should ALWAYS feel free to post, or to not post.
the idea is that none of us should ever do what is clearly a personal "attack' on another poster, who like ourselves, is just a guest here.

We should always post showing our best manners, and with the idea that we are guests at another person's table....so we respect not only our host, but also our brother and sister guests at the table.

John T
02-08-2014, 10:15 AM
One of the things that is in very bad manners is to aim a topic on a forum at only one member by name.
Why do you dredge up a thread ALMOST 5 years old, which is about a BANNED poster, and which was started by a one time poster in order to make a posts scolding the OP author, which neither the person addressed nor the OP writer will see?

I also ***ume that you know nothing about the history of the poster at issue either here or on CARM or else you would not have done as you did here.

alanmolstad
02-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Why do you dredge up a thread ALMOST 5 years old, ...so that I can post my views about it.

John T
02-08-2014, 10:29 AM
so that I can post my views about it.

I see

So it is your view that it is good manners to dredge a very old thread so that you can scold the actions of a long-gone, one-time poster and then tell him he is rude. Is that a correct interpretation of your views?

alanmolstad
02-08-2014, 10:42 AM
I see

So it is your view that it is good manners to dredge a very old thread so that you can scold the actions of a long-gone, one-time poster and then tell him he is rude. Is that a correct interpretation of your views?yes, that is correct:D

neverending
02-08-2014, 11:52 AM
yes, that is correct:D

Well Alan, I am with John T here. There's no reason to bring up OLD threads or comments from 5 years ago. That is like beating a dead horse. I see no reason for it other then you wish to start arguments all over again that were long ago discussed. How will this help anyone? And it isn't following rules to be bringing up old posters who are now banned. Let it rest, ok? It would be best for everyone.
If you want to open a new thread, you go ahead and we can read it and those who wish can then respond.

alanmolstad
02-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Well Alan, I am with John T here. There's no reason to bring up OLD threads or comments from 5 years ago. That is like beating a dead horse. I see no reason for it other then you wish to start arguments all over again that were long ago discussed. How will this help anyone? And it isn't following rules to be bringing up old posters who are now banned. Let it rest, ok? It would be best for everyone.
If you want to open a new thread, you go ahead and we can read it and those who wish can then respond. thanks for the free advice, but I dont care too much for your views on this matter. :p

The reason there is a archive of topics is so that we all have the ability to review topics later and revisit subjects that we find interesting.

Feel free to go over any topics on the whole forum that are of interest to you, and if the mood strikes you, add your own posts too!

But if not, then go to the next topic and allow others to come to their own conclusions.

take care..

neverending
02-08-2014, 01:46 PM
thanks for the free advice, but I dont care too much for your views on this matter. :p

The reason there is a archive of topics is so that we all have the ability to review topics later and revisit subjects that we find interesting.

Feel free to go over any topics on the whole forum that are of interest to you, and if the mood strikes you, add your own posts too!

But if not, then go to the next topic and allow others to come to their own conclusions.

take care..

I especially don't like you bringing threads here from CARM, they have no place here and go against the rules. As I said, you want to start a new thread, great, start one but keep the OLD stuff from CARM over there thank you. People here don't care what goes on over on CARM and if they did, they'd be over there.
And I don't care much for your views on this matter either. You come here and have to comment on every single thread? You think you own this site and have an opinion on everything? Wish Jill kept better tabs on the site.

James Banta
02-09-2014, 10:44 PM
I especially don't like you bringing threads here from CARM, they have no place here and go against the rules. As I said, you want to start a new thread, great, start one but keep the OLD stuff from CARM over there thank you. People here don't care what goes on over on CARM and if they did, they'd be over there.
And I don't care much for your views on this matter either. You come here and have to comment on every single thread? You think you own this site and have an opinion on everything? Wish Jill kept better tabs on the site.

Rule #7 of the forum is very clear.. It tell us that "Posting the same message on multiple boards." is a violation of the rules. Because this has been growing as a rule people don't seem to even know exists I would ask everyone to go and reread all the rules and promise themselves to post here within them.. As long as the post are acquired from the Walter Forum any addition can be made to a thread.. Please keep the rules in mind and avoid bringing posts from any other forum here.. IHS jim

alanmolstad
02-10-2014, 12:08 AM
I especially don't like you bringing threads......e.

what ia a carm?

alanmolstad
02-10-2014, 12:11 AM
You come here and have to comment on every single thread? You think you own this site and have an opinion on everything? .

yes... now that you bring up the idea i think i will post a comment on every topic....

:)

neverending
02-10-2014, 08:00 AM
what ia a carm?

PLEASE, don't play dumb with me and all the members here :mad:. You are not fooling anyone. Follow the rules or leave! And by the way, if you don't know the doctrines of Mormonism, or the rituals, then you should get off the Mormonism forum too since you can't debate with them if you don't know what they believe.

neverending
02-10-2014, 08:02 AM
yes... Now that you bring up the idea i think i will post a comment on every topic....

grow up already!

alanmolstad
02-10-2014, 09:24 AM
PLEASE, don't play dumb with me and all the members here :mad:. You are not fooling anyone. Follow the rules or leave! And by the way, if you don't know the doctrines of Mormonism, or the rituals, then you should get off the Mormonism forum too since you can't debate with them if you don't know what they believe.I want to thank you for all your wonderful input, it's been just wonderful to have you here with us today.
And make sure you pick up our home-version of our game on your way out..... ;)

Apologette
02-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Come on guys! Christians attacking other Christians isn't a very good witness, is it now. As far as bringing threads from other forums here, I do. However, I'll change it to accomodate the rules. So, let's all ask the Lord if he wants us telling other Christians to leave? Is that really of God?

alanmolstad
02-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Come on guys! Christians attacking other Christians isn't a very good witness, is it now. As far as bringing threads from other forums here, I do. However, I'll change it to accomodate the rules. So, let's all ask the Lord if he wants us telling other Christians to leave? Is that really of God?

one of the things people get mixed up on is that disagreements are embarasing and should be stopped.
Thats wrong!

Disagreements are where you know you are free.
Knowing you have the freedom to openly disagree with people shows you and the whole world that you are NOT IN A CULT!

People in CULTS are scared to death that might get caught disagreeing with others of their faith...they fear it will look bad on themselves or their religion.

But the truth is that seeing a faith that is not afraid to allow for disagreement is something that people stuck in cults can only dream about being a part of.

Another tip-off to cult-like thinking is the people that try to "Stop" others from speaking up what is on their heart.
The moment I see a person attempt to stop people from being part of a conversation I list them as people that are 'afraid'.....they have no confidence in their religion and so feel they must race to protect it from looking bad....

IM NOT AFRAID...Im not afraid that my religion might look bad.
Im not afraid that people might get the idea that in my religion if you dont like what people say you can disagree with them.....

In fact, I think its a sign that my religion is true, in that it does not need my protection.

I am a Protestant, the word itself tells us that there is a "protest" going on.

alanmolstad
02-12-2014, 03:43 PM
And I don't care much for your views on this matter either. You come here and have to comment on every single thread? You thiunk you own this site and have an opinion on everything? Wish Jill kept better tabs on the site.
First.....Just now I had it explained to me by another member what the word "CARM" referred to.

I have no idea what you are talking about?...I am not importing topics from some other forum and I would not even know how to do such a thing?

2nd....there seems to be a bit of confusion on your end over what topic on this forum are open and what are closed....

The topics that are fine to post comments on are all the ones that are unlocked!

There is no rule against posting on topics that are unlocked.

If you can find a rule that shows that there is some type of time-limit on posting on a topic let me know!

As far as I have seen when I checked, ...there no such rule is listed.
I have just now asked some other members of this forum, and they too are at a loss as to this time-limit rule?

So unless its well hidden?, or perhaps invisible?....there is no time limit on our topics.

if the topic is unlocked, then post away if you think you have something to say.

I think the reason the topics are listed and open is to encourage more posts!

not long ago the only members of this forum posting were Jim and me...and so there simply were no new posts...no new topics

nothing new at all...

The idea of a time limit now is silly, there would be no Walter Martin Forum had topics had a automatic time limit in the past.

But via Jim's work to keeping posting and not giving up even on topics that were very quiet, more and more interest in this forum grew, and the forum came back to life.

If you want to know how to kill a forum?...time limits....telling people to not post...telling people they have no right to post on some topics....***uming only some people have the right to post on some topics and everyone else should remain off the forum....

thats how you kill a forum.

Now when someone starts a new topic it becomes part of the rich history of forum topics that this forum can take credit for.
It becomes something that the new guest can refer to and perhaps go over to see if they might care to join this forum in order to add their own comments on our rich history of topics.

the past topics are a history that can draw new members.

thats why it is so important that we NEVER apply a time limit to topics.

alanmolstad
07-07-2017, 05:09 AM
one of the things people get mixed up on is that disagreements are embarasing and should be stopped.
Thats wrong!

Disagreements are where you know you are free.
Knowing you have the freedom to openly disagree with people shows you and the whole world that you are NOT IN A CULT!

People in CULTS are scared to death that might get caught disagreeing with others of their faith...they fear it will look bad on themselves or their religion.

But the truth is that seeing a faith that is not afraid to allow for disagreement is something that people stuck in cults can only dream about being a part of.

Another tip-off to cult-like thinking is the people that try to "Stop" others from speaking up what is on their heart.
The moment I see a person attempt to stop people from being part of a conversation I list them as people that are 'afraid'.....they have no confidence in their religion and so feel they must race to protect it from looking bad....

IM NOT AFRAID...Im not afraid that my religion might look bad.
Im not afraid that people might get the idea that in my religion if you dont like what people say you can disagree with them.....

In fact, I think its a sign that my religion is true, in that it does not need my protection.

I am a Protestant, the word itself tells us that there is a "protest" going on.

Bump.......

alanmolstad
07-07-2017, 05:11 AM
First.....Just now I had it explained to me by another member what the word "CARM" referred to.

I have no idea what you are talking about?...I am not importing topics from some other forum and I would not even know how to do such a thing?

2nd....there seems to be a bit of confusion on your end over what topic on this forum are open and what are closed....

The topics that are fine to post comments on are all the ones that are unlocked!

There is no rule against posting on topics that are unlocked.

If you can find a rule that shows that there is some type of time-limit on posting on a topic let me know!

As far as I have seen when I checked, ...there no such rule is listed.
I have just now asked some other members of this forum, and they too are at a loss as to this time-limit rule?

So unless its well hidden?, or perhaps invisible?....there is no time limit on our topics.

if the topic is unlocked, then post away if you think you have something to say.

I think the reason the topics are listed and open is to encourage more posts!

not long ago the only members of this forum posting were Jim and me...and so there simply were no new posts...no new topics

nothing new at all...

The idea of a time limit now is silly, there would be no Walter Martin Forum had topics had a automatic time limit in the past.

But via Jim's work to keeping posting and not giving up even on topics that were very quiet, more and more interest in this forum grew, and the forum came back to life.

If you want to know how to kill a forum?...time limits....telling people to not post...telling people they have no right to post on some topics....***uming only some people have the right to post on some topics and everyone else should remain off the forum....

thats how you kill a forum.

Now when someone starts a new topic it becomes part of the rich history of forum topics that this forum can take credit for.
It becomes something that the new guest can refer to and perhaps go over to see if they might care to join this forum in order to add their own comments on our rich history of topics.

the past topics are a history that can draw new members.

thats why it is so important that we NEVER apply a time limit to topics.

Parts of my post above are so very true to this very day.