PDA

View Full Version : Why Does God allow Abortion?

ChrisLaRock
05-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Why does God tolerate children being killed through abortion? He can see them being tortured to death by abortionists, yet does nothing to stop it. How can God be good if He can watch a baby get torn apart and do nothing? I'd like some scripture verses.

Free will isn't much of a response, as God brought judgment against soddom.

MacG
05-13-2009, 01:15 AM
Why does God tolerate children being killed through abortion? He can see them being tortured to death by abortionists, yet does nothing to stop it. How can God be good if He can watch a baby get torn apart and do nothing? I'd like some scripture verses.

Free will isn't much of a response, as God brought judgment against sodom.

Chris,

I can't say that I get it either but since I cannot use free will and you brought up Sodom let's look at it a little closer:

"And the LORD said, "The outcry of Sodom and Gomorrah is indeed great, and their sin is exceedingly grave."

Why did God wait for it to get exeedingly grave? God took his time bringing judgement allowing them to gain great wealth to become indifferent to and oppressing the poor and went about doing detestable things. He brought judgement when he was ready. In His time much like this judgement albeit a little quicker and the kind you'd like to see for the abortionist I gather:
1 Chron 13:10 "The anger of the LORD burned against Uzza, so He struck him down because he put out his hand to the ark; and he died there before God".

and like this:
"But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land? "While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God." And as he heard these words, Ananias fell down and breathed his last; and great fear came over all who heard of it. "

Contrast that with the tolerance in the situation where David sent Uriah to die on the front line to cover his adultery with Uriah's wife.

When you get down to it why has He not killed you or me for all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory. It took 900 years for Adam to die after he ate the "surely you will die" fruit no? Why so long? I do not know. He has His time and reasons to which I am not privy. Perhaps it has something to do with God not delighting in the destruction of the wicked and like He commands us is generally slow to anger.

The contrasts are endless the answers are evasive. There were abortions going on while Jesus walked this earth why did He not speak out about them? Can't tell ya, wasn't there. You ask a hard question that seems to have only this hard answer:

"So Peter seeing (John) said to Jesus, "Lord, and what about this man?" Jesus said to him, "If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!"

We only see through a dark gl*** not understanding all there is to understand but we have a clear invite to follow Him in his example of loving our enemies as He loved His regardless of our befuddlement.

Blessings,

MacG

ChrisLaRock
05-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Chris,

I can't say that I get it either but since I cannot use free will and you brought up Sodom let's look at it a little closer:

"And the LORD said, "The outcry of Sodom and Gomorrah is indeed great, and their sin is exceedingly grave."

Why did God wait for it to get exeedingly grave? God took his time bringing judgement allowing them to gain great wealth to become indifferent to and oppressing the poor and went about doing detestable things. He brought judgement when he was ready. In His time much like this judgement albeit a little quicker and the kind you'd like to see for the abortionist I gather:
1 Chron 13:10 "The anger of the LORD burned against Uzza, so He struck him down because he put out his hand to the ark; and he died there before God".

and like this:
"But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land? "While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God." And as he heard these words, Ananias fell down and breathed his last; and great fear came over all who heard of it. "

Contrast that with the tolerance in the situation where David sent Uriah to die on the front line to cover his adultery with Uriah's wife.

When you get down to it why has He not killed you or me for all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory. It took 900 years for Adam to die after he ate the "surely you will die" fruit no? Why so long? I do not know. He has His time and reasons to which I am not privy. Perhaps it has something to do with God not delighting in the destruction of the wicked and like He commands us is generally slow to anger.

The contrasts are endless the answers are evasive. There were abortions going on while Jesus walked this earth why did He not speak out about them? Can't tell ya, wasn't there. You ask a hard question that seems to have only this hard answer:

"So Peter seeing (John) said to Jesus, "Lord, and what about this man?" Jesus said to him, "If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!"

We only see through a dark gl*** not understanding all there is to understand but we have a clear invite to follow Him in his example of loving our enemies as He loved His regardless of our befuddlement.

Blessings,

MacG

But God waiting to end something as vile as abortion in some distant future judgment is like waiting for the farm animals to escape before closing the gate.

MacG
05-14-2009, 10:53 PM
But God waiting to end something as vile as abortion in some distant future judgment is like waiting for the farm animals to escape before closing the gate.

This how He dealt with child scrifice in the OT:

The LORD said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites: 'Any Israelite or any alien living in Israel who gives any of his children to Molech must be put to death. The people of the community are to stone him. I will set my face against that man and I will cut him off from his people; for by giving his children to Molech, he has defiled my sanctuary and profaned my holy name.

Apparantly it is not God's desire to kill the killer here. He doesn't even expect those of the community to kill him - just beat the tar out of him. It seems that after he is stoned God will set His face aganst that man and cut him off from his poeple but not kill him.

In Genesis Cain got a mark on his forehead to prevent others from killing him. I do not know why God allows things that are abhorrent to Him but a pot made by Him, God does not answer to me.

Let me ask you this: Is Abortion always murder?

Blessings,

MacG

GraftedIn73
05-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Chris,

and like this:

Blessings,

MacG

Great answer Mac! I agree with you completely!

GI73

jean
05-25-2009, 07:51 PM

chris,
It isn't God that allows this sin. God has given us the Ten Commandments. "thou shalt not kill" He expects us to honor all of them.
God has given us free choice on how we choose to live.
That is what repentance is all about.
We can't blame God for our actions, we are responsible.

God bless,
jean

AllyManderson
07-06-2009, 02:49 PM
"Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one
of these little ones should perish."

The unborn and children, Have special protections I would say.

SarahC
06-09-2010, 07:18 PM
I have always remembered something our pastor said as well, "God will never go against his own will and will not impose on the will of others." God allows sometimes tragic things to happen b/c he allows people to have free will, even when that means doing wrong and harming people :( But I believe God can take anything and bring good from it.

alanmolstad
02-02-2012, 02:45 AM

One of the very oldest books of the Bible is the story of ***.
and the whole point of the book of *** is very much like the question you have asked about abortion.

*** also wanted to know why bad things happen?

God even shows up and give His answer to ***.

The problem is that God's answer is not the type that any of us were looking for.

We wanted an answer that added up.
God's answer does not add up at all.

God simply told us how different he was compared to us.

and we are then forced to trust God based on what we know about him, keeping our eyes on him.
or remain confused by all the pain we see around us.

DrDavidT
08-29-2015, 08:08 PM

people have the freedom to choose not have an abortion. sin is a choice and as the Bible says-- man love darkness rather than light. if God stopped abortion, he would have to stop every sin and as Craig Blomberg wrote in his NT survey book, God delays and allows sin for if he stopped sin he would have to destroy the world and end the chances of millions to be saved.

my advice to you is stop worrying about what God is doing an dmake sure you are following God correctly and doing the *** he wants you to do

cleanshine
09-28-2018, 06:05 AM
individuals have the opportunity to pick not have a premature birth. sin is a decision and as the Bible says- - man love dimness as opposed to light. in the event that God halted fetus removal, he would need to stop each wrongdoing and as Craig Blomberg wrote in his NT review book, God delays and permits sin for in the event that he ceased sin he would need to obliterate the world and end the odds of millions to be spared

Dsupremer
12-28-2018, 06:08 PM
w w w. Buyrealp***port.cc - second Chance In Life with our company, protect your privacy, build new credit history, by-p*** criminal background checks, take back your freedom. Youre going to finally make your dream a reality. Let us help you plan the ideal trip for you if you would like to find out more about the services we have available.
We are the company responsible for the production of real genuine p***ports, Real Genuine Data-Base Registered Fake P***ports and other Citizenship documents. We can guarantee you a new Iden***y starting from a clean new genuine Birth Certificate, ID card, Drivers License, Fake P***ports, Social security card with SSN, credit files.
Apply for real registered P***port, Visa, Driving License, ID CARDS, marriage certificates, diplomas for sell
Guaranteed scannable p***port, citizenship, ID cards, driver license, diplomas, degrees, birth certificates service available. The tourist(travel), student and business(working) visa services available to residents of all 50 states and all nationalities Worldwide. We are unique producers of Authentic High Quality p***ports, Real Genuine Data Base Registered and unregistered P***ports and other Citizenship documents.I can guarantee you a new Iden***y starting from a clean new genuine Birth Certificate, ID card, Drivers License,P***ports, Social security card with SSN, credit files, and credit cards, school diplomas, school degrees all in an entirely new name issued and registered in the government database system. We use high quality equipment and materials to produce authentic and counterfeit documents.All secret features of real p***ports are carefully duplicated for our Registered and unregistered documents. Our team are unique producer of real quality false and Real registered documents. We offer only original high-quality Registered and unregistered p***ports, driver's licenses, ID cards, stamps, Visa, school Diplomas and other products for a number of countries like:USA, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italian,Finland, France, Germany, Portugal, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom.

To get additional information and make the order, please visit our webite:

w w w. buyrealp***port.cc w w w. buyrealp***port.cc

Keywords:
-----------------------------
fake biometric p***port
fake p***port for sale
fake p***port store
fake p***port ***
fake EU p***port
fake Norwegian p***port
fake jordan p***port
fake p***port European Union