PDA

View Full Version : Jehovah declared Jesus to be His Son. ( Jehovah is Heavenly Father)

HickPreacher
08-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Jehovah, Declares Jesus to be His Son

Jehovah declaring the Messiah to be His Son--

Psalm 2: 7

I will declare the decree: the LORD(Jehovah) hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

And the Apostle declares that Psalm 2:7 is the prophecy of Jehovah calling Jesus His Son

Heb 1:5

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

This can not be Jesus declaring Himself as the Son, by Divine Inves***ure. This is because the next p***age says that Jesus was not allowed to give glory to Himself-- rather the Father directly had to do that-- thus the Father really is Jehovah.

Heb 5:
4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.
5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

Added note who called Aaron-- it was Jehovah!

American Standard Version Exodus 4:27
And Jehovah said to Aaron, Go into the wilderness to meet Moses. And he went, and met him in the mountain of God, and kissed him

Acts 13:30-33
30 But God raised him from the dead:
31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.
32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers,
33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Jehovah according to the Scriptures is the Father of Jesus.

nrajeff
08-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Jehovah according to the Scriptures is the Father of Jesus.

--That is what the JW's say, all right. But many other Christians, like the LDS, believe that Jesus is the "I AM."

HickPreacher
08-05-2009, 10:01 AM
--That is what the JW's say, all right. But many other Christians, like the LDS, believe that Jesus is the "I AM."

Agreed nrajeff-- Jesus is the "I AM"

The Joseph Smith Translation Luke 10:
22 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from them who think they are wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes; even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
23 All things are delivered to me of my Father; and no man knoweth that the Son is the Father, and the Father is the Son, but him to whom the Son will reveal it.
24 And he turned him unto the disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see.
25 For I tell you, That many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

nrajeff
08-05-2009, 10:48 AM
So you believe that Jesus is His own Father?

HickPreacher
08-05-2009, 11:31 AM
So you believe that Jesus is His own Father?

The Father and Son are different Persons, who have their origins in the One Being Jehovah.

alanmolstad
03-13-2014, 09:15 AM
The Son is god almoghty as is the father and the spirit.

But the son is also Human, and as such he prayed to the father as we do as his God....to do less would have made him less that 100% human.