Thread: Gay Marriage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Leslie

If the Lord does not accept gay marriage, I don't think we should as well.

Libby

Do gay folks have a secular right to a state marriage vs a marriage "in the eyes of God" meaning the church?
    I believe they do, yes. I know that's an unpopular opinion in Christian circles, but I believe it's wrong to amend our cons***ution to exclude the rights of minority groups.

Leslie

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I believe they do, yes. I know that's an unpopular opinion in Christian circles, but I believe it's wrong to amend our cons***ution to exclude the rights of minority groups.
    So you're saying you support this, then?

If our Lord defined what marriage was, why can't we abide by it?

"And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." - Matthew 19:4-6

Jesus quoted Genesis when he said that.

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." - Genesis 2:24

So if the Lord Jesus Christ only considered marriage valid for a male and a female, who are we to say otherwise?