Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chromosones. Where did they come from?

MacG

Question Chromosones. Where did they come from?

Seebok,

Greetings. I am wondering if you'd take a shot at these questions:

Where did Adam get his chromosones?

Because Eve was taken out of Adam did he have only 46 or 92?

Blessings,

MacG

seebok

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    Seebok,

Greetings. I am wondering if you'd take a shot at these questions:

Where did Adam get his chromosones?

Because Eve was taken out of Adam did he have only 46 or 92?

Blessings,

MacG
    Hi MacG

If you are able to read the creation account literally, then Adam got all 46 of his chromosomes directly from God.

Your question about Adam having 46 or 92 chromosomes really makes no genetic sense. Since males are xy and females xx, theoretically a female (i.e., Eve) could be created from two 23 chromosome x "bundles" from a male, no extra chromosomes needed.

Now this is important, you can't get xy (male) from xx (female), no matter how you p**** it. So in the case of Christ's conception, the "y" clearly came from somewhere external to Mary. According to Luke, that candidate would be the Father.

I hope this primer has helped you.

Best

s.
    Last edited by seebok; 10-19-2008 at 09:04 AM.

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by seebok View Post
    Hi MacG

If you are able to read the creation account literally, then Adam got all 46 of his chromosomes directly from God.

Your question about Adam having 46 or 92 chromosomes really makes no genetic sense. Since males are xy and females xx, theoretically a female (i.e., Eve) could be created from two 23 chromosome x "bundles" from a male, no extra chromosomes needed.

Now this is important, you can't get xy (male) from xx (female), no matter how you p**** it. So in the case of Christ's conception, the "y" clearly came from somewhere external to Mary. According to Luke, that candidate would be the Father.

Best

s.
    According to Luke then, the Father provided the "y" (though Luke says it was the Holy Spirit, you seem to know bettter, stupid Luke.). It seems to me in the past that you have reputiated the Mormon publications that teach physical union as we humans have (again you seem to have more discernment than various Mormon Apostles, Prophets and Presidents ), so the "primer" may be just too basline level knowledge for me. Do you have more information to offer to clear this up? How did the Father provide the extra chromosones?

Thanks,

MacG
    Last edited by MacG; 10-19-2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: inadvertant header icon

Leslie

Hi MacG

Best

s.
    So God couldn't have done the same thing for Christ as he did for Adam? He IS the second Adam you know.

nrajeff

Mac, I don't know what your church has taught you regarding the Bible's teachings on this issue, but LDS believe that the Bible does not quote Jesus as stating that His Father is the Holy Spirit--it has Jesus saying that His Father is the Person of the Father. So LDS believe that Jesus' father is the Person of the Father. Based on what the Bible says, LDS don't believe that the Holy Spirit is the source of Jesus' chromosomes, 'cause otherwise Jesus would have said THAT was His Father in Heaven.
    Last edited by nrajeff; 10-21-2008 at 10:49 AM.

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeff View Post
    So LDS believe that Jesus' father is the Person of the Father.

NRAjeff,

I really do not want to get too far off the chromosome path but since you bring it up,

1) Who is the the father of Jesus?

2) How did he get Jesus his chromosones?

Blessings,

MacG

seebok

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    So God couldn't have done the same thing for Christ as he did for Adam? He IS the second Adam you know.
    Hi Leslie

I think you are saying that the Father could have waved His metaphorical hand, said abracadabra and poof, 23 chromosomes. O.k. The point is that even in your belief system these chromosomes were inserted into Mary to combine with her 23 chromosomes. And that's sexual reproduction. You apparently believe Christ's incarnation came about as a result of sex, ***uming you don't like the othe candidate alternatives you have, mentioned above.

Best

s.
    Last edited by seebok; 10-21-2008 at 07:28 PM.

seebok

According to Luke then, the Father provided the "y" (though Luke says it was the Holy Spirit, you seem to know bettter, stupid Luke.).
    Yikes, MacG believes the Holy Ghost is the Father. Are you still Oneness? Or are you redefining terms again? I encourage you to read Luke better. If you do so, you will see that the Bible need not be telling a lie every time it calls the Father, Father.

How did the Father provide the extra chromosones?
    O.k. So you believe God created the 23 "y" chromosomes "poof". Since the 23 "y" chromosomes were clearly physical, at some point your understanding of God's space intersected with our physical space. Clearly you believe in both magic and an incestuous violation. This intervention of yours is not helping me lean favorably toward the Evangelical religion.
    Last edited by seebok; 10-21-2008 at 11:20 PM.

Leslie

Hi Leslie

I think you are saying that the Father could have waved His metaphorical hand, said abracadabra and poof, 23 chromosomes. O.k. The point is that even in your belief system these chromosomes were inserted into Mary to combine with her 23 chromosomes. And that's sexual reproduction. You apparently believe Christ's incarnation came about as a result of sex, ***uming you don't like the othe candidate alternatives you have, mentioned above.

Best

s.
    How can it be sexual reproduction when there is no sex involved at all? There's no semen, there is no coupling, nothing, nada.

seebok

How can it be sexual reproduction when there is no sex involved at all? There's no semen, there is no coupling, nothing, nada.
    You are confusing sex with the delivery system, as of course our sexually fixated society is prone to do. I encourage to you think less salaciously and more precisely in this delicate dialog.

s.

MacG

Red face Sorry for the digs...still sanctifying

Yikes, MacG believes the Holy Ghost is the Father. Are you still Oneness? Or are you redefining terms again? I encourage you to read Luke better. If you do so, you will see that the Bible need not be telling a lie every time it calls the Father, Father.

O.k. So you believe God created the 23 "y" chromosomes "poof". Since the 23 "y" chromosomes were clearly physical, at some point your understanding of God's space intersected with our physical space. Clearly you believe in both magic and an incestuous violation. This intervention of yours is not helping me lean favorably toward the Evangelical religion.

Thanks,

MacG
    Don't ya just hate when someone tells ya what you believe? I am just wanting to know what you believe and since you already "know" what I believe, what I'd say is moot, no?

Since there is nothing to read into my posts I really thought you'd just answer the question: How did the Father provide the extra chromosones?

Blessings,

MacG

seebok

Default The Sordid Mechanics of the Evangelical

Since there is nothing to read into my posts I really thought you'd just answer the question: How did the Father provide the extra chromosones?
    You need to think before you post. It would save you from all that strain pointing fingers. You originally asked a "from where" question, which I answered, not a "how" question.

If you decide now that you really meant "how", like Evangelicals contemplate that a pseudo male part from God trancended dimensions like the false foot of an ameoba to deliver 23 "y" chromosomes to Mary's more private of places, there has also been conjecture in the Church of Jesus Christ, the operative word being conjecture. As President Harold B. Lee said during His presidency, we neither know nor is this kinda conjecture beneficial. But Evangelicals think it is and that tends to interest me in learning all their sordid mechanics.

Best

s.

nrajeff

NRAjeff,
    I really do not want to get too far off the chromosome path but since you bring it up,
    1) Who is the the father of Jesus?
    ---The Person of the Father, according to the New Testament.

2) How did he get Jesus his chromosones?
    ---The Bible doesn't give us many details on HOW it happened--the Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary, whatever that means, and the next thing you know, Mary is pregnant and her baby's father is the Person Jesus would later call "My Father in Heaven." Even thought the details on HOW it happened are few, and vague, one thing that seems clear is WHO Jesus' Father is. And it ain't the Holy Ghost.

Leslie

You need to think before you post. It would save you from all that strain pointing fingers. You originally asked a "from where" question, which I answered, not a "how" question.

If you decide now that you really meant "how", like Evangelicals contemplate that a pseudo male part from God trancended dimensions like the false foot of an ameoba to deliver 23 "y" chromosomes to Mary's more private of places, there has also been conjecture in the Church of Jesus Christ, the operative word being conjecture. As President Harold B. Lee said during His presidency, we neither know nor is this kinda conjecture beneficial. But Evangelicals think it is and that tends to interest me in learning all their sordid mechanics.

Best

s.

We don't believe that a pseudo male part from God impregnanted Mary.

seebok

We don't believe that a pseudo male part from God impregnanted Mary.
    You contemplate it though -- in your theology, when His Wispfullness transcended His dimension to touch ours, placing physical, tangible chromosomes into Mary's most private of places.

s.

Leslie

You contemplate it though -- in your theology, when His Wispfullness transcended His dimension to touch ours, placing physical, tangible chromosomes into Mary's most private of places.

s.
    I don't think it had anything to do with her "most private of places" as you so elegantly put it. I think the Holy Ghost came upon her, and created what needed to be greated. If he can created a body for Adam from scratch, why could he not do the same for the second Adam?

Then again, you think God is nothing more than an exalted man, so you probably don't buy that explanation.

seebok

I don't think it had anything to do with her "most private of places" as you so elegantly put it. I think the Holy Ghost came upon her, and created what needed to be greated. If he can created a body for Adam from scratch, why could he not do the same for the second Adam?

Then again, you think God is nothing more than an exalted man, so you probably don't buy that explanation.
    Leslie

Sorry you believe God is merely a ubiquitous wisp from another dimension.

So the Father both created and positioned in our physical universe Christ's 23 male chromosomes. The alternative is God does magic. Most Evangelicals who think about these things reject magic, and try to understand the mechanism, contemplating that God in is and through all things literally or via an inter-dimensional ability and so can be and act everywhere instantaneously. So either you believe in 1) magic, which isn't very comforting, 2) you believe God literally is everywhere (if He is everywhere He must be everything), or 3) God's dimension shadows every point in our time and space and so He can open a window if you will, to act.

So which do you choose?

Any way you p**** it, you believe there was an incestuous encounter -- Father gets daughter pregnant. Sorry. But you're interest in mechanisms so I encourage you to fill us all in since mechanism is paramount to you and not the reality of the Godly lineage of Christ.

Evangelicals need to get their minds off salacious things.

s.

Leslie

Seebok.

I'm sorry you believe that God is nothing more than an exalted man.

seebok

Seebok.

I'm sorry you believe that God is nothing more than an exalted man.
    As long as you invite the lowest common denominator, I take man over wisp anyday!

s.

Libby

As long as you invite the lowest common denominator, I take man over wisp anyday!

s.
    Is that what the Holy Spirit is to you, Seebok? Just a mere wisp?

seebok

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Is that what the Holy Spirit is to you, Seebok? Just a mere wisp?
    Apparently you didn't have a clue about the theology of the Church of Jesus Christ when you aligned with it. And now you've abandoned it for a wisp.

s.

Libby

Apparently you didn't have a clue about the theology of the Church of Jesus Christ when you aligned with it. And now you've abandoned it for a wisp.

s.
    Well, I keep hoping to get an actual answer out of you, instead of ad homs, Seebok, but it appears that's all you really have.

seebok

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Well, I keep hoping to get an actual answer out of you, instead of ad homs, Seebok, but it appears that's all you really have.
    Sorry Libs -- when your fangs come out, I tend to give direct answers. that's the way it will always be -- you set the rules, you invite a tone. BTW: I'm still waiting on you all over this board. Time for you to actually answer some questions and justify your recent religious choice.

s.

Libby

Sorry Libs -- when your fangs come out, I tend to give direct answers. that's the way it will always be -- you set the rules, you invite a tone. BTW: I'm still waiting on you all over this board. Time for you to actually answer some questions and justify your recent religious choice.

s.
    I don't feel obliged to knock down strawmen of your making, Seebok. I've actually given you many answers and you simply ignore them and ask questions from your own presumptions. You may as well talk to yourself, as you are certainly not listening to anything I say.

No "fangs" here. Just simple truth.
    Last edited by Libby; 10-31-2008 at 07:54 PM.

Libby

So, IS the Holy Spirit (who is spirit without a body, even in LDS theology) just a "mere wisp" to you?

An honest answer would be welcome and most refreshing.

P.S. Hint: This question has nothing to do with "my" knowledge of the LDS holy spirit. You are the one who is making the claim that a spirit without a body is a mere "wisp" or something less than a God WITH a body. So, defend your statement and tell us how this is not denigrating to the holy ghost, as it is understood in LDS theology.
    Last edited by Libby; 10-31-2008 at 07:58 PM.