Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
No more issues?
All wrapped up here with this topic?
I suppose I have pretty much made my mind up about this. That rest on a few weaknesses of the hair only proposal.

In I Corinthians 11, we have this grouping of verses describing what the covering is, hair only:

13Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him, 15but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her hair is given to her for a covering.
Yes, the above is dealing with hair only. While this body of text starts off with hair only but ends with whatsoever will work for a covering.

5But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head, for she is one and the same as the woman whose head is shaved. 6For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head.
Why?

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)
We therefore cannot uphold Galatians 3:28 if a “disgraceful” older woman who is experiencing acute female baldness attends. We would have to see to it that this woman be excommunicated or something similar if we lived by the hair only proposal.

How could this be otherwise?

Mike.