Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Question for BrianH

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Fig-bearing Thistle View Post
    Thanks, Jeff.

I'm trying to be as simple as possible in my answers, but sometimes I forget about the lurkers who may actually appreciate and be prepared for more information.
    Does this mean that you both now agree in the trinitarian God in a metaphorical way? Making you mere metaphorical christians. I deny a god that is not literally. A god who is a mere symbol or an emblem.. NO God is a Being of Power and persons. He is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He is a Being of eternal nature and omnipotences. He is not a creation of another being. He is not a changing Being than ascended to His position after p***ing though a mortality as we are now.. This Being is the Mighty God the Everlasting Father, the of Prince of Peace.. Mormonism makes His much less than He is.. You make Him a figure created in the mind of a man in the likeness of a man. Three gods that don't even exist in reality. IHS jim

James Banta

You just gave me an opinion. Is this your OFFICIAL opinion?

Now tell me what is the official Bible position on who Jesus was speaking to when he said "Peace, be still"

Who was Jesus speaking to when He said "Peace, be still"?

Or why Jesus would tell people that they can speak to mountains to remove themselves.

If your official opinion holds true, then shouldn't people be asking God to tell the mountains to remove themselves?
    Yes it's officially.. For light didn't exist until God created it by the power of His word.. He Said LET THERE BE LIGHT. AND THERE WAS LIGHT. So if you want to give nothingness intelligence you have to say that These are statements of His power not the elements obeying Him.. Can you dream up other heresies to put forth in an attempt to make God appear to be weaker than He is? IHS jim

nrajeff

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Does this mean that you both now agree in the trinitarian God in a metaphorical way? Making you mere metaphorical christians.
    --Well, that WOULD fit in with your belief that you are only metaphorically a child of God...right? 'Cause you don't believe that ANYONE--anyone--is literally God's son or daughter. How tragically wrong you are, denying not only your own literal father-son relationship to God, but denying Jesus's as well.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeff View Post
    --Well, that WOULD fit in with your belief that you are only metaphorically a child of God...right? 'Cause you don't believe that ANYONE--anyone--is literally God's son or daughter. How tragically wrong you are, denying not only your own literal father-son relationship to God, but denying Jesus's as well.
    When did I say that the Body of Jesus was not the literal and personal creation of God.. The Holy Spirit came upon Mary so the Holy Thing that grew within her was the Son of God..
    <B>
    Luke 1:35
    </B>And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
    No other person was born like this.. Jesus is uniquely the literal Son of God because of this event.. By special creation of God The Spirit of God Himself was given a tangible body. He lived among us and felt our hardships, our pains, our trials and became the author or eternal salvation to all who would believe.. We are not all born in this way we enter this world EVIL. WE are nothing but natural in all our ways.. Your own BofM says that the natural man is an enemy of God.. What is more natural than a new born baby? Jesus even called the religious men of His day the sons of Satan.. He said we needed a new birth because the first one we had brought us into a world as a sinner the new birth would bring us into the Kingdom of God..

It was you and Fig that coined this metaphorically a child of God component. All the Christian here tell you that you must abandon any hope of being saved in this body of death, and accept the gift of the new birth though faith in Jesus. We are adopted into the family of God no longer strangers but His children all because of the Work God did to bring us this wonderful gift through the Person of Jesus Christ.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

Brian,
    when did God create the law of cause and affect?

Or did He even create that law?
    I know of no Bible verse that talks about this subject.
    I dont know if the question is addressed in Scripture.

We do have the general understanding that "All things" were made by the Word.

But aside from that I really would need to find a verse that clearly goes at the question before I can say more...