Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "What is the Euthyphro's Dilemma?" CARM video on YouTube

Russianwolfe

Tinkling cymbals and sounding br***.

Marvin

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    And even Bruce R. McConkie was soundly rebuked and edited. Is "Mormon Doctrine" still Mormon doctrine. Nope!

And you are an authority?!

LOL

Just who speaks for Mormonism?

I watched President Monson today. He didn't talk about men becoming Gods over their own planets.

So I decided to ask Loren at Mormon.org.

He hemmed and hawed and otherwise beat around the bush, but finally admitted it. (YouTube coming soon. Stay tuned.)

Have you been soundly denounced in your defense of Mormonism? Have you been sustained as a defender of all things Mormon.

Man, oh man, just who can we turn to to give us the real deal?

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    Tinkling cymbals and sounding br***.

Marvin
    Translation: Since the Wolfe can't meet the challenge, run away with tail between legs.

Russianwolfe

Translation: Since the Wolfe can't meet the challenge, run away with tail between legs.
    I'm still here.

Marvin

Russ

I'm still here.

Marvin
    But you're silent.

Tail tucked between legs.

Russianwolfe

But you're silent.

Tail tucked between legs.
    Russ has redefined the meaning of the word silent.

Marvin

Russ

Russ has redefined the meaning of the word silent.

Marvin
    You claim that Skousen was rebuked by McConkie, yet McConkie himself was clearly rebuked by the hierarchy.

I want to know who really speaks for Mormonism.

FAIR? FARMS? You?

Where is your certificate allowing you to be the be-all end-all of LDS doctrine?

Fig-bearing Thistle

Quote Originally Posted by Father_JD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fig-bearing Thistle
    Will it always be in your nature to lie, JD?
    Nope. Either at death or the Rapture. But why do YOU lie, Fig, in light of your denial of Original Sin?
    What is so magical about death or the rapture that will change you from a lying nature to a truthful nature?

I'm responsible for my own sins, JD. Adam isn't responsible for them.

akaSeerone

Quote Originally Posted by Fig-bearing Thistle View Post
    What is so magical about death or the rapture that will change you from a lying nature to a truthful nature?

What you seem to refuse to see is that there would by no sin if Adam hadn't sinned/fallen.

As has been explained over and over, we inherited the "sin nature," from Adam consequently we all sin.

Andy

Father_JD

Duh. That's WHEN the Christian will be PURGED of the sin nature in toto, Fig.

Then WHY do you lie, Fig? Why haven't you stopped? And we all know that at some point, whether out of desperation, convenience, what have you, we ALL LIE.

So WHY are you still a liar, Fig...seeing you believe in a completely "free" will?

Father_JD

Quote Originally Posted by akaSeerone View Post
    What you seem to refuse to see is that there would by no sin if Adam hadn't sinned/fallen.

As has been explained over and over, we inherited the "sin nature," from Adam consequently we all sin.

Andy

Fig and other Mormons recognize that EVERYONE sins, and yet they somehow can't reconcile this FACT with their "free will" doctrine...that anyone can simply "choose" NOT to sin.

Talk about deceived!

akaSeerone

Then WHY do you lie, Fig? Why haven't you stopped? And we all know that at some point, whether out of desperation, convenience, what have you, we ALL LIE.

So WHY are you still a liar, Fig...seeing you believe in a completely "free" will?
    He has to lie to keep supporting mormonism.

He is trapped in the web of deceit.

When people get in that deep, they believe their own lies and can no longer discern truth from lies and .......what a web we weave when we practice to deceive!

As always it will take God's calling to save him.

Andy

nrajeff

Quote Originally Posted by akaSeerone View Post
    Andy

---Should ANYONE be punished for hereditary defects, which by definition were not their fault? Sounds kinda unfair.

Fig-bearing Thistle

This has been explained to you over and over and over again. This is a world of temptation, and learning, and experience, and falling and redemption. We 'fall' for the same reason Adam fell--succumbing to temptation. You believe Adam and Eve had free will, don't you? So, why not ask them why they fell?
    Last edited by Fig-bearing Thistle; 10-05-2009 at 07:30 AM.

Fig-bearing Thistle

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeff View Post

---Should ANYONE be punished for hereditary defects, which by definition were not their fault? Sounds kinda unfair.
    Come on, Jeff. If the Bible says that God is actually a respecter of some persons, and not others, then who are you and I to argue with that?

Fig-bearing Thistle

Fig and other Mormons recognize that EVERYONE sins, and yet they somehow can't reconcile this FACT with their "free will" doctrine...that anyone can simply "choose" NOT to sin.

Talk about deceived!
    Did Adam and Eve have free will? You don't seem to see how they are a shadow and type for all humanity.

nrajeff

Come on, Jeff. If the Bible says that God is actually a respecter of some persons, and not others, then who are you and I to argue with that?
    ---Well, we could not argue with that idea, if the Bible really taught it. Maybe I got a defective Bible, because mine doesn't teach it. Can there be such a thing as a defective Bible, though? Isn't God able to protect all Bibles and keep them from being defective? Because otherwise, they would not be inerrant.

Fig-bearing Thistle

---Well, we could not argue with that idea, if the Bible really taught it. Maybe I got a defective Bible, because mine doesn't teach it. Can there be such a thing as a defective Bible, though? Isn't God able to protect all Bibles and keep them from being defective? Because otherwise, they would not be inerrant.
    Wha...?

You mean that the Bible doesn't teach that God is a respecter of persons?

Dang!

Father_JD

Did Adam and Eve have free will? You don't seem to see how they are a shadow and type for all humanity.
    Yes, they sure did, Fig. And they were the LAST ones to have it as well. You keep IGNORING the FALL, dude.

Father_JD

This has been explained to you over and over and over again. This is a world of temptation, and learning, and experience, and falling and redemption. We 'fall' for the same reason Adam fell--succumbing to temptation. You believe Adam and Eve had free will, don't you? So, why not ask them why they fell?

And it's beene explained to you over and over and over again the SEVERITY of the Fall, which YOU refuse to take seriously with your Pelagian view-point.

You don't understand that your answer has NO MERIT, Fig. It doesn't address the ISSUE OF SIN, DEATH, etc.

Since YOU believe in a complete FREE will, it's for you to demonstrate the reality of people who have NEVER SINNED, exercising that free will of theirs despite a "world of temptation, and learning, and experience...blah, blah, blah".

The question regarding Adam and Eve is a GREAT one!! Why? Because they truly HAD free will. We do NOT because we're FALLEN.

nrajeff

That is strange logic. Why couldn't free will---the freedom to choose either good or evil---be one of the things we INHERITED from Adam and Eve?

Father_JD

That is strange logic. Why couldn't free will---the freedom to choose either good or evil---be one of the things we INHERITED from Adam and Eve?
    Because they FELL, jeff...became "by nature children of WRATH", jeff. Became spiritally DEAD, jeff as well as physical death later.

alanmolstad

When God teaches us eternal laws (which are gospel laws) he IS the law giver. It does not mean He is the original inventor. There is no original inventor of eternal, natural laws.
    Fig here falls into a false teaching just like what the guy in the video warns us about...Fig has laws being something that pre-date his god, and that Fig's god had to at some point learn the law.

alanmolstad

In re-reading this whole topic, I was sad to see it slide back into the normal Mormon vs Christian bickering....

The original post at the start of this topic did toss out a few good questions....I wish the boys would have stuck to that and not just turned this into the same old debate.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-16-2017 at 04:50 PM.

alanmolstad

I like getting in the "Last Word'

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I like getting in the "Last Word'
    The LDS believe God will have the last word:

James 2:24---New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.