Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Someone Help? Spirit Creation

nrajeff

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Jesus is God made manifest in the flesh. The Word, John 1:1 and 1:14.
    ---So you believe that Jesus IS THE TRINITY made manifest in the flesh, therefore whether a person says "Jesus made Satan" or "The Trinity made Satan" it's exactly the same thing?

And how is that NOT modalism?

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeff View Post
    ---So you believe that Jesus IS THE TRINITY made manifest in the flesh, therefore whether a person says "Jesus made Satan" or "The Trinity made Satan" it's exactly the same thing?

Ah, another Trinity-debate-red-herring.

Russ

Default Yes, I can help

I can help by presenting that which you have not presented regarding your own religion:

According to LDSism, which you did not explain, "spirits" have always existed as "intelligences," a sort of primordial goo-ness of undefined nature.

Also according to LDSism, these "intelligences" became "procreated" by Father God and Mother God where they came to exist in what's known in LDSism as the "preexistence" before taking on "tabernacles of flesh and bone" in the "mortal probation."

These are the facts to which people should be made aware, but the LDS missionaries don't ask and don't tell.

nrajeff

Russ, you weren't trying to EVADE my questions, were you?

So you believe that Jesus IS THE TRINITY made manifest in the flesh, therefore whether a person says "Jesus made Satan" or "The Trinity made Satan" it's exactly the same thing?

stemelbow

Hey Libby, have any biblical references to support your theory?

love,
    stem

Russ

So you believe that Jesus IS THE TRINITY made manifest in the flesh, therefore whether a person says "Jesus made Satan" or "The Trinity made Satan" it's exactly the same thing?

Not avoiding. Not evading. Rather, ignoring. This isn't a discussion on the Trinity.

LDSism is on the table. I'll help provide clarification where and/or when LDS members are mute.

James Banta

If that is what the Trinity is then you would be correct in calling it modalism. That isn't what the Trinity is nor is it anything close to Russ' ideal of what and who God is.. Yes We believe that there is one Being who is God.. That Being is the Persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.. I thought you knew what that the Trinity is.. You have had it explained to you more than once.. IHS jim

Russ

Not hiding. Standing right here in front of you, using my real name and not some alter ego internet moniker that I dreamed up.

Libs answer is a good one. It stands as mine too.

According to LDSism, which you continually neglect to explain, "spirits" have always existed as "intelligences," a sort of primordial goo-ness of undefined nature.

Also according to LDSism, these "intelligences" became "procreated" by Father God and Mother God where they came to exist in what's known in LDSism as the "preexistence" before taking on "tabernacles of flesh and bone" in the "mortal probation."

These are the facts to which people should be made aware, but you never told me.

Why?

Fig-bearing Thistle

According to LDSism, which you did not explain, "spirits" have always existed as "intelligences," a sort of primordial goo-ness of undefined nature.

Take it from there. Let us break into LDS-speak for clarification.

The man-on-the-street would be clueless without your clarification. I know. I've asked. When informed, the man-on-the-street routinely responds, "You're kidding, right?"

No, I'm not.
    Russ doesn't know what he believes. He just knows what he doesn't believe.

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Fig-bearing Thistle View Post
    Russ doesn't know what he believes. He just knows what he doesn't believe.
    On a board to do with LDSism, one would think Mormons would be quite content to speak honestly and openly about their religion, the "only true church on the face of the earth."

When Mormons come asking questions, and when Mormons come presenting what they consider to be "stumpers," and when Mormons are answered (twice already in this thread), it's time to get right back to the topic of this board.

LDSism would have us believe that God and Mother God "procreated" the spirits in the "preexistence" (don't ask me, Mormons made it up), and then the spirits took on "tabernacles of flesh and bone" (physical bodies in Mormon-speak) so that they too might have opportunity to become Gods over their own planets.

THAT is LDSism in a nutshell.

People deserve to know what they're signing up for before they sign up.

And since you won't tell them, I will.

I'll steam roll you in LDS quotes.

Fig-bearing Thistle

On a board to do with LDSism, one would think Mormons would be quite content to speak honestly and openly about their religion, the "only true church on the face of the earth."

When Mormons come asking questions, and when Mormons come presenting what they consider to be "stumpers," and when Mormons are answered (twice already in this thread), it's time to get right back to the topic of this board.

LDSism would have us believe that God and Mother God "procreated" the spirits in the "preexistence" (don't ask me, Mormons made it up), and then the spirits took on "tabernacles of flesh and bone" (physical bodies in Mormon-speak) so that they too might have opportunity to become Gods over their own planets.

THAT is LDSism in a nutshell.

People deserve to know what they're signing up for before they sign up.

And since you won't tell them, I will.

I'll steam roll you in LDS quotes.
    You have no foundation in place to compare with anything LDS believe, Russ. How sad.

Russ

You have no foundation in place to compare with anything LDS believe, Russ. How sad.
    Yeah, I've heard this "you don't know anything about Mormonism" rant before.

What's sad is that when LDS theology is put on the table for discussion, Mormons such as yourself lamely attempt to make the person the topic rather than LDS theology.

When challenged to explain your religion, you run away like a school child; such as you're doing now.

Father_JD

Hey, Fig...can you say, "deflection"??

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Father_JD View Post
    Hey, Fig...can you say, "deflection"??
    Hey, Fig, "Can you help?"

That's the introduction to this thread.

Tell me how the spirit children came to be via "procreation" between God and Mother God in LDSism.

Father_JD

Hey, Fig, "Can you help?"

That's the introduction to this thread.

Tell me how the spirit children came to be via "procreation" between God and Mother God in LDSism.

Why, Russ...I'll help you out!!

Two, very much incarnate deities, one named Roy and his goddess wife, Sally, were feeling a little frisky one eon day ago, so Roy took Sally behind his throne and gave her a one-two...and about nine months later Sally gave birth to a little SPIRIT baby that came out so fast, one of the celestial mid-wives had to catch the poor lil' spirit with her invisible, spirit catcher's mitt so the poor lil' spirit baby wouldn't float away 'cause then they'd never find it.

And there you have it: Celestial sex among incarnate gods, giving birth to spirit babies!

Russ

Two, very much incarnate deities, one named Roy and his goddess wife, Sally, were feeling a little frisky one eon day ago, so Roy took Sally behind his throne and gave her a one-two...and about nine months later Sally gave birth to a little SPIRIT baby that came out so fast, one of the celestial mid-wives had to catch the poor lil' spirit with her invisible, spirit catcher's mitt so the poo lil' spirit baby wouldn't float away and they'd never find it.

And there you have it: Celestial sex among incarnate gods, giving birth to spirit babies!
    A person made me chuckle.

He said that giving birth to spirit-babies probably wouldn't be much trouble.

It might be, he said, tantamount to p***ing gas.

I suppose that's feasible. :-)

Vlad III

Two, very much incarnate deities, one named Roy and his goddess wife, Sally, were feeling a little frisky one eon day ago, so Roy took Sally behind his throne and gave her a one-two...and about nine months later Sally gave birth to a little SPIRIT baby that came out so fast, one of the celestial mid-wives had to catch the poor lil' spirit with her invisible, spirit catcher's mitt so the poor lil' spirit baby wouldn't float away 'cause then they'd never find it.

Mockery and attacks.

Your Jesus would be proud!

Father_JD

ROFMLOL!!!!!!

Vlad III

Mockery and attacks.

Your Jesus must be proud.

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad III View Post
    Mockery and attacks.

Well, hey, I don't recall you calling any Mormon on the carpet for making mockery of the Trinity.

Explain your religion.

Father_JD

Mockery and attacks.

Well now, vladdy boy!! No Mormon has stepped forward to tell HOW incarnate deities give birth to godlet SPIRIT babies...It could ONLY have happened in this manner, and this is HOW it happened, according to my warm-fuzzy from God, so you can't tell me I'm wrong.

And YES, "my" Jesus would be proud just as I'm certain He was proud of Elijah, when he MOCKED the FALSE PROPHETS OF BAAL on Mt. Carmel.

Father_JD

Mockery and attacks.

Your Jesus must be proud.
    Uh, you're not supposed to post the same post over and over, vlad-boy.

Vlad III

And YES, "my" Jesus would be proud
    Okay.

Just checking.

Father_JD

Okay.

Just checking.
    You do that.

Got any defense of your reprehensible doctrine of God having celestial sex with his goddess wives, huh?

Or are you gonna do the "Mormon" thing and DENY that you believe this or deny that Mormonism ever taught this?

Russ

Okay.

Just checking.
    lol, Vlad. As if you haven't done your fair share of mocking other's beliefs.

You're not fooling this guy.