Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Can Someone Help? Spirit Creation

Father_JD

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad III View Post
    What can be more direct than an appeal to the Bible?

ROFL.....

you critics are so fickle!!!!

You complain that LDS don't give biblically justified answers to your questions.

Then you complain when an LDS gives you a biblically justified answer.

Oh well.

You're not appealing to the Bible, but your cultic misunderstanding of the p***age you favor in quoting...

Russianwolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    The main problem is that the Bible teaches one God, not many gods. You believe in many gods which makes you polytheistic but also puts you at odds with the Bible.
    If what you say is true, then name all the gods and their relationship to each other and the escapades. Shouldn't be hard to do, since polytheist all over the world have done it. So, when can I expect this outline from your to support your claims of our polytheism? I won't hold my breath.

Marvin

Father_JD

Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    If what you say is true, then name all the gods and their relationship to each other and the escapades. Shouldn't be hard to do, since polytheist all over the world have done it. So, when can I expect this outline from your to support your claims of our polytheism? I won't hold my breath.

Marvin
    Say what??

Mormonism historically teaches:

1. God wasn't always "god".
    2. The Mormon god went through "eternal progression" to become "god".
    2. He had a "god" before him.
    4.Mormons are gonna become gods themselves.

Sure looks like "polytheism" to everyone but Mormons.

akaSeerone

Marvin
    Why?

They do not exist.

What is the point?

You would be better off opening your Bible and studying the Scriptures that tell us
    there is only one God.

You can use Google to find out what Scriptures to study and to view sites showing the Christian side of this issue so you can learn why there is only one God and why the mormon doctrine is in error.

Andy

Russianwolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Father_JD View Post
    Say what??

Mormonism historically teaches:

1. God wasn't always "god".
    2. The Mormon god went through "eternal progression" to become "god".
    2. He had a "god" before him.
    4.Mormons are gonna become gods themselves.

Sure looks like "polytheism" to everyone but Mormons.
    Name all the gods and give a short history of their escapdes.

Marvin.

Russianwolfe

Quote Originally Posted by akaSeerone View Post
    Why?

They do not exist.

What is the point?

You would be better off opening your Bible and studying the Scriptures that tell us
    there is only one God.

You can use Google to find out what Scriptures to study and to view sites showing the Christian side of this issue so you can learn why there is only one God and why the mormon doctrine is in error.

Andy
    Because if we are polytheistic as you claim, then we have to name all the gods we believe in and have history for each of them. That is the way it is done in all the other polytheistic religions on this planet. So please list the gods and their histories.

Marvin

Billyray

Because if we are polytheistic as you claim, then we have to name all the gods we believe in and have history for each of them. That is the way it is done in all the other polytheistic religions on this planet. So please list the gods and their histories.

Marvin
    Marvin, why is admitting polytheism so hard for you? Vlad is also having a hard time with this same issue.

nrajeff

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    My beliefs are already posted in this thread.
    Didn't-cha notice?! lol
    http://www.waltermartin.com//forums/...3536#post33536
    So you DO believe that Jesus IS THE TRINITY made manifest in the flesh, therefore whether a person says "Jesus made Satan" or "The Trinity made Satan" it means exactly the same thing?
    And how is that NOT modalism?

Father_JD

Name all the gods and give a short history of their escapdes.

Marvin.
    LOL. Now that's a "trick" question and you know it, Marvin.

Does Mormonism teach that "Elohim" HAD A GOD?

Yes.

Does Mormonism teach that Elohim has GODDESS WIVES?

Yes.

But I'll help you out. I've given granddaddy god the name of "Bubba".

You're merely being obstinate, Marvin.

nrajeff

Yes.

---Really? You need to provide official doctrine that supports that one, Padre.
    You guys usually go apoplectic and mock the Heavenly MOTHER--SINGULAR--doctrine, not mothers. So give us some evidence to support your wives teaching.

Russianwolfe

Marvin, why is admitting polytheism so hard for you? Vlad is also having a hard time with this same issue.
    You made the claim, now you have to provide the evidence. Put up or shut up. Why is it so hard for you to provide the evidence?

Marvin

Russianwolfe

LOL. Now that's a "trick" question and you know it, Marvin.

Does Mormonism teach that "Elohim" HAD A GOD?

Yes.

Yes.

But I'll help you out. I've given granddaddy god the name of "Bubba".

You're merely being obstinate, Marvin.
    Provide scriptures to support your ***ertion. All you are doing is bloviating.

Marvin

PS. The scriptures need to name the Gods that you claim we believe in beyond the ones that we both believe in.

James Banta

lol, Vlad. As if you haven't done your fair share of mocking other's beliefs.

You're not fooling this guy.
    All Vlad wants to do here is look for some way of making fun of people that don't believe in Joseph Smith and his imaginary religion.. When it comes to really looking into what Mormonism teaches he has no interest in defending those teachings... Other than he like to argue I have no idea why Vlad bothers with any posting site.. Maybe he should go back to MADB where there is no resistance to "the gospel".. And if someone comes on there and starts asking tough questions they are asked to leave.. So he could go there and not have to deal with real issues.

Here on WM he can ask what he feels are the tough questions and it never asked to leave.. But there is a problem.. He is asked the tough questions here.. And soon those questions overwhelm him and he withdraws from discussion.. IHS jim

Vlad III

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    All Vlad wants to do here is look for some way of making fun of people that don't believe in Joseph Smith and his imaginary religion.. When it comes to really looking into what Mormonism teaches he has no interest in defending those teachings... Other than he like to argue I have no idea why Vlad bothers with any posting site.. Maybe he should go back to MADB where there is no resistance to "the gospel".. And if someone comes on there and starts asking tough questions they are asked to leave.. So he could go there and not have to deal with real issues.

Here on WM he can ask what he feels are the tough questions and it never asked to leave.. But there is a problem.. He is asked the tough questions here.. And soon those questions overwhelm him and he withdraws from discussion.. IHS jim
    A) You feel made fun of?????

B) I'm not here to 'make fun', but to help expose the bad logic, double-standards, and hypocrisy of those whose intent is to try and tear down another person's religion only to replace it with....in some cases (like Russ) who knows?

C) You really shouldn't think that just becasue I haven't addressed your 4th AoF you should not ***ume I am at all 'overwhelmed' by your questions.

D) I've never posted at MADB. I've read posts there, but do not post there.
    Last edited by Vlad III; 10-04-2009 at 09:37 PM.

James Banta

A) You feel made fun of?????

B) I'm not here to 'make fun', but to help expose the bad logic, double-standards, and hypocrisy of those whose intent is to try and tear down another person's religion only to replace it with....in some cases (like Russ) who knows?

C) You really shouldn't think that just becasue I haven't addressed your 4th AoF you should not ***ume I am at all 'overwhelmed' by your questions.

D) I've never posted at MADB. I've read posts there, but do not post there.

A. I see you trying... You failed..
    B. Show me where I have had bad logic, held double standards, or showed any sign of hypocrisy.. You addressed this posting answer to one of mine so there must be something about it that conforms to this attack.. I have even told you to stay mormon.. being such is not the problem. The problem is in idolatry.. Joseph Smith taught idolatry in teaching that there are Gods and not just God..
    C. I do ***ume that yes..
    D. You should start.. There you won't find any resistance at all to your different gospel or your different Jesus...

IHS jim

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Fig-bearing Thistle View Post
    You have no foundation in place to compare with anything LDS believe, Russ. How sad.
    Is this a denial that God the Father actually is the literal father of our spirits in a preexistent realm? Is this also a denial of LDS scripture to say that God's purpose is not to bring about the immortality and eternal life of man? Must we go in and define what the LDS church believes immortality and eternal life is and what the difference is between them? You denials of your own doctrine are ridiculous. We all know what the church teaches on these doctrines. Most of us were trained in mormon church meetings, Sunday school, and even seminary.. None of these issues are lies.. The only lie would be to deny that they are mormon doctrine.. IHS jim

Father_JD

uh-oh...Da Fadda is back on his sex thoughts.
    LOL. Put it on me, huh, while all I'm doing is pointing out the SEXUALIZED beliefs OF MORMONISM.

What a laugh, vladdy-boy!

Billyray

You made the claim, now you have to provide the evidence. Put up or shut up. Why is it so hard for you to provide the evidence?

Marvin
    LDS teach
    God the Father's Father is a God
    God the Father is a God
    God the Son is a God
    Holy Ghost is a God
    You can become a God

Marvin, do you disagree with this?

Russ

Marvin
    Rolling on the floor laughing.

The thread is about getting some help with the LDS concept of spirit-children.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MormonDoctrinedotnet has examples of Mormon dodging too.

Is it a "condition?"

Is it a means of answering?

Is it a bird, a plane, a prophet of God?

P.S. How did you put it?

"Put up or shut up. Why is it so hard for you to provide the evidence?"
    Last edited by Russ; 10-06-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Russianwolfe

LDS teach
    God the Father's Father is a God
    God the Father is a God
    God the Son is a God
    Holy Ghost is a God
    You can become a God

Marvin, do you disagree with this?
    Whether I agree or disagree has nothing to do with what I am asking.

If we are polytheistic, then show the evidence? Why is it so hard for you to provide the evidence? Are you hiding something?

Marvin

Russianwolfe

Stll not able to provide the evidence. Why is this such a hard thing do to? The statement was made and all I am asking is to provide the evidence? What are you hiding from?

Marvin

Rolling on the floor laughing.

The thread is about getting some help with the LDS concept of spirit-children.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MormonDoctrinedotnet has examples of Mormon dodging too.

Is it a "condition?"

Is it a means of answering?

Is it a bird, a plane, a prophet of God?

P.S. How did you put it?

"Put up or shut up. Why is it so hard for you to provide the evidence?"

Billyray

If we are polytheistic, then show the evidence?

Marvin
    Marvin are you so blind that you can't see the evidence when it is staring you in the face?

Russ

Stll not able to provide the evidence. Why is this such a hard thing do to? The statement was made and all I am asking is to provide the evidence? What are you hiding from?

Marvin
    Not hiding, Marvin. Just not going down Mormon rabbit trails. Not taking the bait. I want to know about spirit-children. Got answer?

How did you put it? "Put up or shut up?"

lol!

Russianwolfe

Marvin are you so blind that you can't see the evidence when it is staring you in the face?
    Still not able to support your ***ertion, I see. If there is evdience, then show it to me. Provide me with the list of gods, their names and relationships, and their escapades. This is what all other polytheistic religions have, so if you are going to support your ***ertion, you have to show the evidence.

Marvin

Russianwolfe

Not hiding, Marvin. Just not going down Mormon rabbit trails. Not taking the bait. I want to know about spirit-children. Got answer?

How did you put it? "Put up or shut up?"

lol!
    Tinkling cymbals.

Marvin