" Joseph Smith - Was He A Sexual Predator? - A Giveaway Clue
Monday, Oct 30, 2006, at 06:45 AM
Original Author(s): Grey Matter
Topic: JOSEPH SMITH - POLYGAMY -Link To MC Article- ↑
Joseph Smith - Was he a sexual predator? - A giveaway clue

In a recent conversation with my church-devoted mother, I talked about Joseph Smith’s extra-marital sexual relationships. I talked about his grooming of the 12 year-old Mary Elizabeth Rollins Lightner, and also his so-called marriages to the 14 year-old Helen Mar Kimball and to the 14 or 15 year-old Nancy Winchester, and his affairs with other men’s wives. I may also have mentioned his abuse of his adopted daughters.

“Mormons believe that Joseph asked the Lord why plural wives were acceptable in the day of Abrham, Isaac, and Jacob but not in his day. …several of Joseph’s contemporaries would state that he had received a revelation approving plural marriage in 1831.”

Source: p. 65, Mormon Enigma, 2nd Edition

Here is one such example:

“In 1869 Orson Pratt said, “[Joseph] has enquired of the Lord [if] the principle of taking more wives than one is a true principle, but the time had not yet come for it to be practiced.”

As I grew up in the church, I had heard this mentioned a number of times. But the penny never really dropped, until after my exit.

Think about it, what normal, married or unmarried man, would ever conceive a question, such as the one Joseph is said to have asked God? Would such a thought ever enter into the head or into the heart of a normal, healthy man?

I don’t think so.

The evidence is quite clear. Joseph was dysfunctional. He was addicted to sex, and nothing in life mattered more to him that his multiple sexual partners. He had a particular appe***e for teenage girls. Ministerial abuse was par for the course. Taking advantage of girls and women, unmarried or married, was what he was most skilled at.

In order to carry off his predatory plans, he had to convince, inveigle and entangle others as well. The devil likes company, and this sexually deviant devil was no exception. He couldn’t be the odd one out.

How could he ensnare others?

Simple. A new revelation from the Mormon god would do the trick. Revelations. Thank goodness for the gullible. They always swallowed Joseph’s so-called revelations, hook, line and sinker.

A revelation was put together, “…near Jackson County, Missouri, on July 17, 1831…”

It said:

“For it is my will, that in time, ye should take unto you wives of the Lamanites and Nephites [Indians]” [Single girls or married ladies, who cares?] “that their posterity may become white, delightsome and just, for even now their females are more virtuous than the gentiles.”

William W. Phelps, who was Joe’s secretary and who copied the revelation, said, “I asked brother Joseph privately, how ‘we,’ that were mentioned in the revelation could take wives of the ‘natives’ as we were all married men? He replied instantly, ‘In the same manner that Abraham took Hagar and Keturah; that Jacob took Rachel, Bilhah and Zilpah; by revelation – the saints of the Lord are always directed by” [so-called] “revelation.”

The problem is that there doesn’t seem to be a single instance in the Bible, where we find polygamy being sanctioned or directed by God.

http://www.thercg.org/articles/ttap.h...

Joseph’s Lie about God giving the thumbs up to biblical or any other polygamy only works on the ignorant.

Anyway, my main purpose is just to point out that the very fact that Joseph asks the question is “the principle of taking more wives than one is a true principle” is a complete giveaway clue.

Only a depraved person would ask such a question. Only a degenerate person would invents a set of so-called revelations in order to pretend that God had given him the go-ahead to lead the vile and abusing lifestyle that Joseph Smith led.

I think Joseph was extremely cunning. Predators are. They can groom and prepare over long periods of time, and execute all manner of tactics in order to practice their craft. In the end, they strike. And the abuse is severely damaging. Perhaps even fatal.

Joseph’s legacy to America is polygamy and sexual abuse. It mattered more to him than anything else. He reluctantly gave his life for it.

"Lock up your daughters. The mormons are in town". It's not really that funny, is it, when you consider the roots of mormonism.

Cult devoted members can praise him all they like, but Joe gets no praise from me. He was one of the lowest life forms to exist on our planet.
"

http://mormoncurtain.com/topic_josephsmithpolygamy.html