Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: was lucifer created evil?

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Your beliefs go against what the Bible teaches, but what I was tying to get at is why does it make a difference from a Christian point of view if you believe a baby does not sin but a 1 or 2 year old does sin?
    First of all, my belief is not unbiblical. It just disagrees with your interpretation.

Second, it doesn't matter that much in that Jesus' sacrifice covers all children, IMO.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    First of all, my belief is not unbiblical.
    Sure they are Libby. I gave you multiple verses that you seem unable or unwilling to address AND you have not given me a single verse that says that some people sin and others do not.

Billyray

Second, it doesn't matter that much in that Jesus' sacrifice covers all children, IMO.
    Why would people who did not sin need Jesus' sacrifice since they never sinned (in your opinion)?

Libby

Why would people who did not sin need Jesus' sacrifice since they never sinned (in your opinion)?
    Because they are born with a sin nature.

Billyray

Because they are born with a sin nature.
    But if they are perfect why the need for Jesus' sacrifice?

Libby

But if they are perfect why the need for Jesus' sacrifice?
    I didn't say they were perfect. I said, they didn't have the ability to commit personal sin.

Billyray

I didn't say they were perfect. I said, they didn't have the ability to commit personal sin.
    Why aren't they perfect if they haven't committed any sin?

Libby

Why aren't they perfect if they haven't committed any sin?
    Because we are born with a sin nature.

Billyray

Because we are born with a sin nature.
    So they are sinners then?

Libby

So they are sinners then?
    Babies are potential sinners, not actual sinners.

Billyray

Babies are potential sinners, not actual sinners.
    So again if they have not committed any sin and are perfect why do they need the sacrifice of Christ in order to be saved?

Libby

Get off the merry-go-round, Billy. We've already covered this territory.

Billyray

Get off the merry-go-round, Billy. We've already covered this territory.
    You can't answer the question of why people who never sin need Jesus.

Libby

You can't answer the question of why people who never sin need Jesus.
    Already answered.

Billyray

Already answered.
    But your answer made no sense. Jesus died for our sins. If you have no sins why do you need Jesus?

alanmolstad

weeks later and you guys are still dealing with the question of the sins of children?
    Look people, the Bible clearly states that Paul was alive before the law came into his life....

This means that no matter the sins the child-Paul was doing they simply were not credited against him until he was old enough to be covered under the law...

Thats the answer people....

Thats also the only answer.....

Libby

We were talking about whether or not babies sin, not the age of accountability.

I think it's rather ridiculous to try and claim that babies commit personal sin. But, even so, you are correct that they are not held accountable.

Waiting for Billy to ask you why these children need Jesus, if they are not held accountable for sin.

Billyray

I think it's rather ridiculous to try and claim that babies commit personal sin.
    Why should anyone take to heart what you personally believe especially since many of your beliefs are not in line with the scriptures. What is important is what the Bible says on this issue. Tell me Libby doesn't the Bible teach that we all sin?

Billyray

Waiting for Billy to ask you why these children need Jesus, if they are not held accountable for sin.
    Did you forget what we were even talking about? It wasn't accountability rather it is whether or not young children including babies sin.

alanmolstad

Jesus is God....you dont get to heaven except via Christ no matter your age....even if you are but one hr old,,,or one moment old...you still can not enter into eternal life except via Christ.....case-closed.

thus the idea that even a day old child that dies will stand before the same Lord as i will is a very correct teaching...

alanmolstad

so no matter that a child sins or not...they are not held to be accountable under the teachings of Paul when he said that he was once "alive" before the Law came...

Remember paul said he was 'alive"...not 'sinless'

there is a difference...

so we should NEVER think that children can not sin, as we know all sin, but that what we are taught is that regardless of the sins of a child we see that God will over look their sins and they are not held as being 'guilty" of the sins they do....

Thus as Paul teaches, they have life......

that's the teaching of the bible....that children have 'life".....

Not that they are free from sin....
    not that they are free of error....
    not that they are guilt-free.....

The only teaching that is supported by the text is that all of us as children were not seen as "dead" ......we were "alive"

Thats the teaching of the Bible.....

ANY OF US THAT TRY TO TWIST THIS?.........well.....they error and do not seem to want to trust the Bible it seems....

Libby

I've never said that "children" cannot sin. They most certainly can.

I am saying babies do not have the ability to sin.

They have "potential", but not yet the ability, since they can't even "reason" to know what a sin might be.

Billyray

I've never said that "children" cannot sin. They most certainly can.

I am saying babies do not have the ability to sin.

They have "potential", but not yet the ability, since they can't even "reason" to know what a sin might be.
    What do the verses that I gave you say?

Libby

Born in sin.....yes, absolutely. Our parents were sinners, were they not? And, we all will be, soon enough.

Billyray

Born in sin.....yes, absolutely. Our parents were sinners, were they not? And, we all will be, soon enough.
    The verses say that we all sin. Why are rejecting what the Bible plainly says?