Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: So is Evan Jesus the father of Lucifer? Y or N?

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    You said "Offspring are always of the same species as their Father."

Gen. 3:15 I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”

Who is "your offspring" in verse 15?

All the snakes in the world?

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    So if what you say is correct then is DB correct in his statement "Offspring are always of the same species as their Father."?

Billyray

So I take it by your question that you believe that Gen 3:15 is speaking about a snake and not about Satan.

dberrie2000

You said "Offspring are always of the same species as their Father."

Gen. 3:15 I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”

I have no idea. How are you relating this to the fact the scriptures have God the Father as the Father of spirits--and they are described as His offspring?

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    I have no idea. How are you relating this to the fact the scriptures have God the Father as the Father of spirits--and they are described as His offspring?
    I am relating this to your statement "Offspring are always of the same species as their Father."

Billyray

Hebrews 12
    4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.
    5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says, “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
    6 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.

Who is "Lord" in these verses?
    Bump for DB.

nrajeffreturns

So if what you say is correct then is DB correct in his statement "Offspring are always of the same species as their Father."?
    It sure seems that DB is correct. You don't see female dogs giving birth to cats, after all.

Billyray

It sure seems that DB is correct.
    Really?

Where do we see literal offspring in the verse above?

nrajeffreturns

Really?
    Yeah, as far as I can tell he is right, and has biology/genetics on his side, when he says that one species procreating a different species is unprecedented.

Where do we see literal offspring in the verse above?
    Well, we see Eve's literal offspring everywhere we see human beings.

Billyray

Well, we see Eve's literal offspring everywhere we see human beings.

But what about the one that I asked you about in Gen 3:15? Does Satan have literal offspring?

nrajeffreturns

But what about the one that I asked you about in Gen 3:15? Does Satan have literal offspring?
    While he was in the form/body of a serpent, couldn't he have had snakelets with demons possessing them? (Not sure what the correct term for baby snakes is)

Of course, many people take the Eden story as an allegory and not as a literal account of actual events. Which makes the question about Satan's offspring possibly moot.

Billyray

While he was in the form/body of a serpent, couldn't he have had snakelets with demons possessing them? (Not sure what the correct term for baby snakes is)

Of course, many people take the Eden story as an allegory and not as a literal account of actual events. Which makes the question about Satan's offspring possibly moot.
    So you do or you don't believe that Satan has literal offspring?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by Billyray View Post---You said "Offspring are always of the same species as their Father."

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---I have no idea. How are you relating this to the fact the scriptures have God the Father as the Father of spirits--and they are described as His offspring?
    I am relating this to your statement "Offspring are always of the same species as their Father."

Gen. 3:15 I will put enmity between you and the woman,
    I know. But could you explain for us how that changes the fact offspring are always of the same species as their parents? Billyray--the Biblical text has God the Father as the father of spirits--and they His offspring. How does your postulations change that? Change the fact offspring are always of the same species as their parents? That "Father" is a paternal connection.

dberrie2000

If he does--they would be of the same species as he is.

Billyray

If he does--they would be of the same species as he is.

dberrie2000

'

If he does--then he is the literal father.

The Bible has all spirits being Fathered by God the Father:

Hebrews 12:9---King James Version (KJV)

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

And they His offspring:

Acts 17:29---King James Version (KJV)

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Billyray

'

If he does--then he is the literal father.
    Do you believe that Satan has literal offspring?

Billyray

The Bible has all spirits being Fathered by God the Father:

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
    Hebrews 12
    4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
    and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
    6 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
    and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”

Who is the "Lord" in these verses?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---The Bible has all spirits being Fathered by God the Father:

Hebrews 12
    4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,

Whoever one might judge it to be--the "Father of spirits" is a reference to God the Father--who is the Father of all:

Ephesians 4:4-6---King James Version (KJV)

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Billyray

Whoever one might judge it to be--the "Father of spirits" is a reference to God the Father--who is the Father of all:
    Hebrews 12

Billyray

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Who is "all" referring to in this section of scripture? All mankind or ALL believers?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---Whoever one might judge it to be--the "Father of spirits" is a reference to God the Father--who is the Father of all:

Who is "all" referring to in this section of scripture? All mankind or ALL believers?
    All of the spirit offspring of God the Father.

nrajeffreturns

Don't you remember? You believe that "all" means every human being, even all newborn babies. If "all" means literally "all" to you, then you believe that the Bible teaches that God is the father of all human beings. Right?

Don't you remember? You believe that "all" means every human being, even all newborn babies. If "all" means literally "all" to you, then you believe that the Bible teaches that God is the father of all human beings. Right?
    Again, you go on tangents trying to put words in peoples' mouths. The problem with that is that you don't articulate your own position worth a darn.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Again, you go on tangents trying to put words in peoples' mouths. The problem with that is that you don't articulate your own position worth a darn.
    He said that the "all" in "ALL have sinned" means literally everyone, including day-old babies (and presumably, babies who will be born in a week).

So why wouldn't he be consistent and believe that the "all" in "One God and Father of all" means literally everyone, too?

And sometimes there is no need to articulate one's own position in the course of questioning someone else's position.