Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ****sexual marriage acceptable to God?

Columcille

Quote Originally Posted by IncitingRiots View Post
    There you go avoiding the issue again. We are done here.
    I haven't avoided any isssue. Marriage is meant for the stability of the family unit. Heterosexual marriages are done based on a tradition that is biologically established. Children are a vital component of the family unit. I keep explaining the obvious to you because of your sinfulness you seem to forget it, despite the fact that you are a byproduct of it. What should be and what is is distinct in only the fact that sinful acts create chaos and damage to the human psyche. For all your trying to find expections or what if scenerios, I have no doubt that some sinfulness first caused the problem. The only example of a family parent unit to be seperated from their child of an innocent manner is in cases of accidents. Christ's example in a world of sin is by far the greatest example and through him can we find peace (completion).

IncitingRiots

You are just another bigoted and Ign0rant Christian. "And by their fruits you shall know them."

Follower

Let’s look at scriptural, wedded sex. 1 Corinthians 6 is a great place to start. Paul shows God’s spiritual design, that through sexual union, 16) ”… the two will become one flesh… (even in harlotry!).” God’s sex plan is not only for pleasure nor only for procreation (both great things, though). It’s far above that. A relation of union to the One God and a monogamous sexual union are spiritual mirrors of each other. The sexual union between two human beings is not to be torn asunder. It is to be JOY and the activity of two honorable temples of the Holy Spirit.

To my ears, all this talk of "****sexuals can be considered Christian IF they remain celibate" rings of some serious self-congratulation for the "winners" in the orientation lottery. Celibates are neither Hetero- nor ****- Sexual. By definition, they are ones who choose to be A-Sexual.

But back to the topic of ****sexual marriage. If God can and does redeem the phileo (brotherly) and eros (grasping) Loves of heterosexual hearts and unions, through Christ, and produce AGAPE (unconditional giving) Love between spouses, is there anyone bold enough to say that Our God CAN’T or WON’T sanctify the Love that is in the heart of ****sexual men or women? (“Can a rich man enter heaven? Can a camel p*** through the eye of a needle?” Jesus would say, “All Day, Every Day! With God ALL things are possible!” Matthew 19:26.)

And if this is true, are WE going to demand of ****sexuals, who Live In Christ, some absolute celibacy when GOD provides for heterosexual weakness, “But if they do not have self-control, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.”(1 Cor. 7:9)?

The CHURCH used to allow (and even Argue FOR) slavery. Thankfully we can say, "That is in our ignoble past." God did not change; we did by abiding closer to the knowledge of the meaning of His Love. We really must change again.

Let the Heart of God speak to our hearts.
    Last edited by Follower; 02-15-2010 at 09:12 PM.

asdf

Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    Let’s look at scriptural, wedded sex. 1 Corinthians 6 is a great place to start. Paul shows God’s spiritual design, that through sexual union, 16) ”… the two will become one flesh… (even in harlotry!).” God’s sex plan is not only for pleasure nor only for procreation (both great things, though). It’s far above that. A relation of union to the One God and a monogamous sexual union are spiritual mirrors of each other. The sexual union between two human beings is not to be torn asunder. It is to be JOY and the activity of two honorable temples of the Holy Spirit.

To my ears, all this talk of "****sexuals can be considered Christian IF they remain celibate" rings of some serious self-congratulation for the "winners" in the orientation lottery. Celibates are neither Hetero- nor ****- Sexual. By definition, they are ones who choose to be A-Sexual.

But back to the topic of ****sexual marriage. If God can and does redeem the phileo (brotherly) and eros (grasping) Loves of heterosexual hearts and unions, through Christ, and produce AGAPE (unconditional giving) Love between spouses, is there anyone bold enough to say that Our God CAN’T or WON’T sanctify the Love that is in the heart of ****sexual men or women? (“Can a rich man enter heaven? Can a camel p*** through the eye of a needle?” Jesus would say, “All Day, Every Day! With God ALL things are possible!” Matthew 19:26.)

And if this is true, are WE going to demand of ****sexuals, who Live In Christ, some absolute celibacy when GOD provides for heterosexual weakness, “But if they do not have self-control, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.”(1 Cor. 7:9)?

The CHURCH used to allow (and even Argue FOR) slavery. Thankfully we can say, "That is in our ignoble past." God did not change; we did by abiding closer to the knowledge of the meaning of His Love. We really must change again.

That's a well thought-out, subtle, comp***ionate, and dare I say Biblical response. Thank you for this. It fits with what I know of God, and with what I know of the grand sweep of the Biblical narrative.

Shalom,
    asdf

Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post

Greetings Follower,
    Nice to meet you. First let me say that you certainly are en***led to your opinion on this subject as we all are, so my comments are written with no malice but this is what I believe.
    How do we not take the following scripture literally?

Leviticus 18:22
    You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

Romans 1:26-27
    For this reason God gave them up to vile p***ions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

I Cor. 7:2 says the following,
    "Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband."

God's plan is for a man to have a wife and a woman to have a husband and according to the above scriptures anything else is against His law. Leviticus 18 shows that any sexual activity except for again, that involving husband and wife is breaking God's law. There is no law against love, men and women can and do love members of their own gender without practicing sexual immorality. God did not destroy Sodom because of men having love for one another but because of sexual immorallity.

Follower

Hello asdf,

It's a pleasure to meet you, and I'm glad to find someone who is stirred by the Good News in a similar way. You are a blessing to me.

Shalom, back at'cha!

And disciple,

Thank you for your response as well. It's also nice to meet you (and especially nice to have such a decent self-introduction that admits to no malice but offers a question, instead). What a grand way to be welcomed into a new Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Greetings Follower,
    Nice to meet you. First let me say that you certainly are en***led to your opinion on this subject as we all are, so my comments are written with no malice but this is what I believe.
    How do we not take the following scripture literally?

Leviticus 18:22
    You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

Romans 1:26-27
    For this reason God gave them up to vile p***ions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

I Cor. 7:2 says the following,
    "Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband."

God's plan is for a man to have a wife and a woman to have a husband and according to the above scriptures anything else is against His law. Leviticus 18 shows that any sexual activity except for again, that involving husband and wife is breaking God's law. There is no law against love, men and women can and do love members of their own gender without practicing sexual immorality. God did not destroy Sodom because of men having love for one another but because of sexual immorallity.
    Well, since you ask, let's look briefly at the Leviticus and Romans p***ages (briefly, because my time at the moment is limited -- we can certainly delve more deeply, later on)

First, I'll say that of the scriptures you provide (and indeed all of Scripture), I take them most "literally." I know we all hate being reminded of "context" as though the reminding has some special revelation (and is thus "warmer and fuzzier" in the merry Heart of God -- I'm SO not claiming that for me).

The Context of "Lev" is within the Holiness Code (chapters 17 - 20; actually could end in Chp 21, but most commentaries don't break that way.) In the Romans section from which you quote, interestingly enough, Paul is summarizing This Very Section of Leviticus to get affirming Nods from the Jewishly descended Christians in Rome -- i.e. "look at those CRAZY Gentiles!".

The reason "Strange Sex" is mentioned in either section is because of the very weird uses by which it was implemented by the Pagans in their IDOLATRY! In each section God's children are being told not to do as the Pagans/Gentiles have done in worshipping their gods. Notice, There is no prohibition in Leviticus for woman/woman sex (actually NoWhere in Scripture) but the woman-and-animal kind, (immediately following the prohibition of man/man) is because it was part of a Pagan rite of both Egypt (which they'd just left) and of Canaan (which they were just entering).

I'll reply with more later, but I must go now. I hope this feeds the hearts of God's people.

Bless you (and all) mightily.
    Last edited by Follower; 02-16-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Columcille

Default The meshing of unrelated texts...

I would have to say in regards to Dr. Walter Martin's teaching on Biblical Hermenuetics, that what you have here is a combination of two unrelated texts to produce something that you want to hear or want to believe. Dr. Martin uses the example of Judas hanging himself and then taking another p***age that says "Go thou and do thou likewise." All things are possible through Christ, but this is not a text related to ****sexual unions as being something God designed and approved. God cannot do things outside the parameters of his being and will, so now you have a "Christian" God that says it is ok now but not ok then. The bible does not support slavery as an endorsement, but as a reality. Its instructions to Masters and Slaves is not one of abuse, but of a social reality in times much different than our own, and even much different than the slavery ins***ution of American blacks. To compare two things as being related, you might have similiarities, but that does not necessarily equate sameness. You may have certain correct premises, but that does not guarantee a correct conclusion. If you feel comfortable just because you have people agreeing with your position, I suggest your position is not strong enough. I may like people who agree with me, but flattery is not going to p*** God's judgement.

alanmolstad

the gay sex stuff is evil, and such people burn...case closed.

I have no issue with gays being married, or forming such legal unions however...I believe under our laws that have that ability.
    But it might be legal yet a huge sin,,,

aaronpaul

If ****sexuality is just a sin (“just” a sin), and Christians struggle with habitual sins, is it possible for someone to be both a genuine, going-to-heaven Christian and a ****sexual?