Quote Originally Posted by GateKeeper View Post
Did you read my posts? Grasping as straws? John tells us that no one has ever seen God. Jesus outright claimed to be the son of God (Which I do believe) and NEVER claimed to be God Himself. I believe the fullness of God dwelt in Him, but that fullness was of God's Spirit, or Word ~ Not the totality of His being. This makes sense being that Jesus was conceived by the Spirit. He grew in the spirit/wisdom, and was "filled" with the truth. (The Spirit is truth 1 John 5) Also, Jesus was not immortal, He died as I recall, but was raised from the grave. He is God's son, and our savior. I don't need to add things in order make Him into God Himself, or to fit a particular theology, or doctrine.

Btw, if you think me here to debate the issue, you are wrong. I simply posted my views so you fine people would know where I stand, and my personal convictions. Your grasping at straws comment leads to believe that you are wanting to argue this matter. I'll give my views, but when argument ensues I will depart from you.

GK
Yes I've read that p***age of verses many times. And I explained to you why John wasn't speaking of Jesus when he wrote those verses.

What you believe is up to you. I simply gave another view of the logos, Is Jesus God. My view is that He is and I gave the proof of Jesus Himself saying He is from the Bible to support my view.

You then answered back and said that the Bible "CLEARLY" states that your belief is the correct view. I disagree. So it is ok for you to disagree with others but they can't disagree with you?