Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RCC Indulgences

vladimir998

Default Mesenja, you must stop immediately!

You're making far too much sense.

vladimir998

Default archeolgist

you wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist View Post

no it doesn't.
    Yes, it does. Thus far you have shown no knowledge on the subject. you have not been able to formulate an argument, answer any of my points or the article's points, etc. All you've been able to do is post something from Answers.com that even you admitted you can't vouch for in terms of quality.

i probably won't get to this till the weekend as i am quite busy right now.

That's okay. We'll wait. Have a good week!

archaeologist

Thus far you have shown no knowledge on the subject. you have not been able to formulate an argument,
    obviously some one is not reading other people's posts and just insult regardless of the message given previously. for those who seem to have difficulty in this case, here is the post again:

probably won't get to this till the weekend as i am quite busy right now.
    i am far less inclined to even bother with the insults flying freely and the abdication of responsibility, which is typical of the resident mormons.

vladimir998

Default archeologist's excuse falls flat

archeologist,

you wrote:

obviously some one is not reading other people's posts and just insult regardless of the message given previously. for those who seem to have difficulty in this case, here is the post again:
    i am far less inclined to even bother with the insults flying freely and the abdication of responsibility, which is typical of the resident mormons.
    I understand what you wrote. And I'll gladly wait until this weekend to see your argument. The problem is that you made this excuse yesterday (the 28th). Yet you posted that lifted, unsourced article over to this page on the 26th. You then posted 7 times before making your 'weekend' excuse. Seven times. And in none of those seven posts did you ever attempt to make a single argument. None. Fo someone who had no time to make an argument you sure have a lot of time to post nothing of any value.

Mesenja

Default You should care

I don't care,you still posted them.
    Yes archaeologist I posted excerpts from the article. However not properly attributing the source of the article and the writer is disingenuous on your part. Here is the reply that you gave to vladimir998 on the need for both using independent source material and the proper use of citations. You took vladimir998 to task for "not having supplied the source for [his] work" and not using "independent sources to see how they stack up." According to you this was yet another example that his "credibility is hanging by less than a thread as it is." Then you followed up with the accusation of plagiarism by ominously warning vladimir998 with the threat that you "could charge [him] with plagiarism." Now suddenly these formerly egregious acts are of little or no consequence when you break them.

Well good,something to read about then [and] compare with independent sources to see how they stack up.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladimir998 View Post
    You wrote:"well good, something to read about then compare with independent sources to see how they stack up."
    1) You'll have to prove the source is 'independent'.
    No I don't,you should have supplied the source for your work or I could charge you with plagiarism. But then you credibility is hanging by less than a thread as it is.
    I have been reading the exchange you had between vladimir998 on the subject of indulgences. There is only one conclusion that an independant and unbiased observer can come to.

No it doesn't.
    Yes,it does.

I probably won't get to this till the weekend as I am quite busy right now.
    Take care.
    Last edited by Mesenja; 12-29-2009 at 05:48 PM.

Mesenja

Default He has enough time for me

Quote Originally Posted by vladimir998 View Post

That's okay. We'll wait. Have a good week!
    Check out all the posts he made on my thread en***led Nag Hammadi and Mormon Beliefs. It is just my personal belief as I have no solid proof but I just think that archaeologist is running scared from you.

vladimir998

Default I think you're right

Quote Originally Posted by Mesenja View Post
    It is just my personal belief as I have no solid proof but I just think that archaeologist is running scared from you.
    Yeah, I got that impression too. He's in way over his head.

Mesenja

Default Is this The Lost Weekend?

I probably won't get to this till the weekend as i am quite busy right now.
    Let's face it archaeologist you had the unfortunate experience of having vladimir998 as your opponent in this debate. This is just an excuse of yours to save face. You wont be coming back here.

alanmolstad

the whole catholic idea about "indulgence" is wrong...

I find not only the way it was used in the past by the church, but also the way the same church defends the concept to be wrong and leads people to a false understanding of both the church and of their own standing before god....