Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: This just in...

johnd

Default This just in...

The theory of evolution is dead.

archaeologist

The theory of evolution is dead
    i find such posts as this a prime example of why christians do not make an impact for God.

paul went into the temple or meeting place, i forget which, for 3 years to defend christianity and one can, by the examples we have in scriptures, see he did not resort to such ******** and flaming rhetoric

all that does is harden the hearts of those who believe in that alternative theory and does nothing for the kingdom of God, not even plant a seed. christians need to be better informed and able to communicate God's truth in a manner that is conducive to His will and desire.

the above quote doesn't even bring glory to God, but it does bring mockery and other negatives to Him and His followers.

Default A related story --

A-bio-genesis is dead. A thesis pertaining to it
    (i.e., the generation of Life by means of random, natural processes)
    predicts a higher carbon isotope-ratio (i.e., the amount of carbon-13 compared to C-12) than what has been observed *
    (-Hugh Ross, whose PhD in Astro-physics was conferred by the Univ. of Toronto, Canada; he conducted 5 years of internship at the Cal. Ins***ute of Tech. -- he'll be on TBN-TV tonight & tomorrow afternoon).

This Reductio Ad Absurdum/ Modus Tollens is polemic, yet it puts a pebble in the shoe, something about which to cogitate, what?
    Last edited by Tee Ar @ FB; 05-20-2010 at 06:05 PM.

johnd

Evolutionsts even admit macro-evolution isn't even a good theory.

alanmolstad

I dont defend evolution, rather I defend the idea that evolution is in agreement with the genesis text...

evolution has never existed, it is the true fairy tale
    check the new book thread to find my new books

alanmolstad

as I said, I do not defend the teachings, I just point out that they walk hand in hand with the bible, and there is no contradiction....

Saxon

Where does the Bible say that God created an ape that evolved into a man?? Maybe the Book of Hezekiah!

alanmolstad

what came before the ape according to evolution?

trace the line of evolution back....back...back....

Trace evolution back to the very beginning...to the very building blocks of all life...
    Back to the place where we all started out at.

Where do you end up?.....

the answer is that you end up the very same place you end up at Genesis 3:19 (go look it up!)

alanmolstad

So what Im showing you is that according to both Evolution and Genesis we have a common source for all life.

alanmolstad

So the teachings of both Evolution and genesis do not contradict each other, rather that walk hand in hand with each other...

Saxon

Did God create or did chance luck out? What chance creates it instantaneously destroys. It is either God Created all things created or it was randome chance. I will stick with the Scripture.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    So the teachings of both Evolution and genesis do not contradict each other, rather that walk hand in hand with each other...
    I have to disagree with you Alan. Evolution needs time and death and the bible tells us there was no death until after man sinned.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    I have to disagree with you Alan. Evolution needs time and death and the bible tells us there was no death until after man sinned.
    First you must agree that the single place where both evolution and genesis trace back all life to, (man and animal) is held in common correct?

this is found in the verse I listed if you want to checkout all that im saying for yourself...

alanmolstad

as for the time needed for evolution...that easy to also see displayed in the genesis text when you consider the "days"

Notice we know for a fact that the first 6 days of the Creation week are ended.
    We know this for a fact because the Bible tells us clearly they are ended...

Then noticethe ending to the 7th day?....

Or....notice that at no place in the genesis story does the text list anyplace that the 7th day of the creation week has ended.

Now notice that at no place in the whole Old Testament doesa it teach that the 7th day of Creation has ended.

Now notice that at no point in the whole Bible does it teach that the 7th Day of Creation has ended .

So, being that we have clear endings to the first 6 days of Creation, and that we have no hint even in the whole Bible that the 7th day has ended yet...that only leaves one question..
    "How long has the 7th Day lasted so far?"

(Thus the argument that Genesis has not enough time to account for the evolution of life, is in error according to the text)

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    Did God create or did chance luck out? What chance creates it instantaneously destroys. It is either God Created all things created or it was randome chance. I will stick with the Scripture.

ah yes, the old "Evolution= chance" argument....(I love it when this one is tossed at me...LOL)

To see how this argument against evolution does not agree with the Bible, we will consider the story of Jonah and the Whale!

In that story there is a great storm at sea.
    The men on the ship decide to draw lots to see who was at fault for the storm.
    So the men cast lots, and the lot falls onto Jonah.

Now lets say that we were watching the casting of the lot, and it falling onto Jonah.

If we were a scientist we would say that this was just "chance"
    We would not see any giant hand controlling the casting of the lot onto Jonah....

so as far as we would know, this was 100% just dumb luck that it fell onto Jonah.

However......at the same time....

When I read this same story I dont see any "dumb luck" at all!
    There was nothing left to "chance" in this story
    This was 100% all totally controlled by the hand of God....

Thus the argument against evolution saying that "Evolution = chance" is also a giant FAIL !

Science cant prove God.
    Science cant test for God.
    So Science can never prove God.
    Thus when science looks at life on the earth, all it can see is "dumb luck and chance"

But because we have faith we can see beyond the things that are seen with our eyes, and understand that God is always in full control of "Dumb luck and chance"

Saxon

God is in full control!! Then it isn't evolution after all. There are three major theories of evolution and they all contradict each other.

alanmolstad

God is always God....

Im not saying that god stood back and left something else to do the work of creation.

rather Im saying that evolution is clearly a tool of god's hands.

Evolution needs to be respected by the christian...its like sunshine...its like rain....its like the wind that moves the trees..
    Its part of God's creation...its part of the way God made this universe...

and...its in agreement with the Genesis story.

There are no anti-evolution arguments in the genesis stroy.
    all the anti-evolution arguments are the result of "men's thinking"......

Saxon

believe what you want, but evolution is a completely bogus invention of man used to escape the reality of God.

alanmolstad

I dont teach evolution
    I dont tell people what the genesis story "means"

But I dont run away and hide just because someone tells me we are related to apes.
    nor do I need to run away and hide if someone asks me to show them how Genesis and Evolution can walk hand-in-hand...

I just ask questions in an effort to show people that what they thought was a huge difference between evolution and genesis actually turns out to be huge agreements.

take the concept of the "first thing"in both science and in Genesis.

Here isa question:...according to science, what is the first moment of creation?...what is is called...what was the thing that came out of it?

Now lets compare your answers with what the Bible teaches-

Here is a question:...according to the book of Genesis, what is the first thing God created in the beginning?

The answer you come up within both science(evolution) and out of the Text of Genesis match!

alanmolstad

believe what you want, but evolution is a completely bogus invention of man used to escape the reality of God.
    Again, I do not teach nor defend the teachings of Evolution.

I just point out that they are in agreement with the Genesis story.

Saxon

I dont teach evolution
    I dont tell people what the genesis story "means"

But I dont run away and hide just because someone tells me we are related to apes.
    nor do I need to run away and hide if someone asks me to show them how Genesis and Evolution can walk hand-in-hand...
    The only relationship that man has to an ape is that we were both created by the same creator. God created an ape and God also created a man. The ape did not turn into a man, God created man as a man and nothing more and nothing less.

I just ask questions in an effort to show people that what they thought was a huge difference between evolution and genesis actually turns out to be huge agreements.
    There is no agreement between the creation of man and the evolution of man. Creation exists and evolution is a fairy tale.

take the concept of the "first thing"in both science and in Genesis.

Here isa question:...according to science, what is the first moment of creation?...what is is called...what was the thing that came out of it?

Now lets compare your answers with what the Bible teaches-

Here is a question:...according to the book of Genesis, what is the first thing God created in the beginning?
    God created the heaven and the earth, not set evolution in motion. Creation and evolving are two separate things.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

The answer you come up within both science(evolution) and out of the Text of Genesis match!
    In your dreams.

Saxon

Point out the agreements that you find.

alanmolstad

Point out the agreements that you find.
    Real ones...or the ones in my dreams?

Saxon

Don't be silly. The ones that you think are real.