Thread: This just in...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground

so what things is God handing over to humans?....fish,birds living creatures of the land....

thats easy to understand, lets read on-

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food

here what more is now also handed over to human?....plants, fruit trees.

"They will be yours for food"...they?
    What "they" is God handing over to us again in verse 28 and 29?....

Oh thats right- fish, birds, living creatures, plants fruit trees....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground

so what things is God handing over to humans?....fish,birds living creatures of the land....

thats easy to understand, lets read on-

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food

here what more is now also handed over to human?....plants, fruit trees.

"They will be yours for food"...they?
    What "they" is God handing over to us again in verse 28 and 29?....

Oh thats right- fish, birds, living creatures, plants fruit trees....etc.
    You are getting ahead of yourself Alan, that didn't take place until Gen 9:3"Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs."

alanmolstad

Actually I'm just reading and sticking to the Text as it is written.

That is also shows us both the main error the YEC teachers make, in that they simply dont stick to the text as written.

Just go over the verses again that I listed and read them as they are on the page....

the "they" is all that God is listing and talking about.....(birds, fish, trees etc).

that is what the Text says,,,that is what I believe.

This is just like when I was in the ORIGINS cl*** and Ken Ham was telling me that the first thing God created was "the light"
    I just was reading the Genesis account at the very time he said this to me, and something "clicked" on and I raised my hand...

I asked "What does the Bible say is the first thing God created "In the beginning?"

That one question opened my eyes to the many errors taught under the heading of YEC

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Actually I'm just reading and sticking to the Text as it is written.

That is also shows us both the main error the YEC teachers make, in that they simply dont stick to the text as written.

Just go over the verses again that I listed and read them as they are on the page....

the "they" is all that God is listing and talking about.....(birds, fish, trees etc).

that is what the Text says,,,that is what I believe.

This is just like when I was in the ORIGINS cl*** and Ken Ham was telling me that the first thing God created was "the light"
    I just was reading the Genesis account at the very time he said this to me, and something "clicked" on and I raised my hand...

I asked "What does the Bible say is the first thing God created "In the beginning?"

That one question opened my eyes to the many errors taught under the heading of YEC
    I've got to stop for today Alan but I appreciate the conversation, interesting as always.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    I've got to stop for today Alan but I appreciate the conversation, interesting as always.
    I hope you drop in today too???

Its nice to chat on topics such as this...

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Were you on your "work" computer?.......

I swear over the years I have noticed that the only time I can get into a conversation with someone on topics I enjoy talking about happens during the week and during normal working hours??????????

on Sa****ay and Sunday ?.............only hearing the sound of crickets.....

alanmolstad

What I mean is this-

I beieve the very first thing the Bible tells us that god created in the beginning was "the heavens"
    So I have the source for all the light later talked about in the rest of the story.
    I dont need to invent anything, I dont need to twist things around, I dont need to come up with a way to have a light, yet that same light has no source...

I believe the word "heaven" is talking about stars like our own sun.
    I believe it is also talking about worlds like our earth, and moons like our own moon.

So when I read at genesis 1:1 that god made first "the Heavens" I got the stage all set to keep reading the account with all of the players in place.

But thats not how the YEC teachers have it.
    They have the "light" created first.
    And, thats a problem because they dont have any source for that light for a few days yet.

Thus the need to twist into the story the idea of a type of light that does not need a source.
    That also means that the "light" talked about in genesis cant be at all the same light with the same type of source that we see today.

So that means the light of the YEC teachers was at best...'temporary".....a kind of stop-gap light that was created by God who did not get around to makeing normal light for a few days yet....

YEC "light" has gone away.
    My "light" is still there to be seen each day.

YEC light was "magic'

My light is "real".....and I can point to it.