Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: This just in...

Saxon

Formed has many synonyms, shaped, bent, twisted, created and produced being a few. Your use of the term form changes nothing. God still did a direct creation of all that he created, or formed, for you. There is no evidence of any change in the creation text. It is all in your imagination.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    Formed has many synonyms, ............ Your use of the term form changes nothing.......

my use?

MY USE ??? !!!

God's Holy Bible used the term - "formed".....

I sure had nothing to do with writing the Bible, nor was I consulted as to what words to use in the bible.

I just believed the Bible has used the correct words..
    and, I just pointed the word out to people, who perhaps overlooked what the term means.
    "Formed " is a word that speaks to us about a "process".

Use the word "formed" in nearly any context and you will see how it is talking about a careful process to reach a planned result.

So when the writer of Genesis used a word such as this , we can draw from its use that He was talking about God using a careful process to create life out of the fundamental element of the earth.

thats what the term means....that what the Bible says in black and white.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 08-20-2015 at 05:19 PM.

alanmolstad

I "believe" only as I can prove....

I teach only what i can prove.

Thus when i teach that there is no ending to the 7th day yet in the Scriptures, Im eithor right or Im wrong.

If Im right, then all of YEC is in error and evolution stands unchallenged by the story of Genesis.
    If Im wrong, then you should be able to point to a verse , some place in the Bible, that teaches that the 7th day ended....

So am I right?

(because if you say "no" then I'm going to straight-away demand you post the verse that lists the ending to the 7th day)

Saxon

my use?

MY USE ??? !!!

God's Holy Bible used the term - "formed".....

I sure had nothing to do with writing the Bible, nor was I consulted as to what words to use in the bible.

I just believed the Bible has used the correct words..
    and, I just pointed the word out to people, who perhaps overlooked what the term means.
    "Formed " is a word that speaks to us about a "process".

Use the word "formed" in nearly any context and you will see how it is talking about a careful process to reach a planned result.

So when the writer of Genesis used a word such as this , we can draw from its use that He was talking about God using a careful process to create life out of the fundamental element of the earth.

thats what the term means....that what the Bible says in black and white.
    I have no objection to the way the Bible uses the term “formed”. What I object to it you trying to manipulate the English word formed to make it say something that it does not. You are trying to make the term “formed” to be different than Made or create so you can bamboozle people into thinking that the Bible somehow is teaching that God cannot create a world in 6, 24 hour days. You are taking extreme liberties with the English language and abusing the English Bible making God dependent on the Godless evolution theory.

The term formed does not mean a slow, drawn out over millions of years, event. The bible says it was done in 6 DAYS, 6, 24 hour periods. The text does not allow for millions of years.

Formed (http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/formed)
    3. to bring into being by combining, shaping, or transforming materials <formed the pot out of the clay>
    Synonyms fabricate, fashion, form, frame, manufacture, produce
    Related Words ***emble, build, construct, erect, make up, put up, raise, rear, set up, structure, throw up; craft, handcraft; hew; forge, mold, shape; cobble (together or up), knock out, patch (together), throw up; prefabricate; create, invent, mint, originate; establish, father, ins***ute, organize; concoct, contrive, cook (up), design, devise, imagine, think (up); conceive, envisage, picture, visualize; refashion, remake, remanufacture
    Near Antonyms dis***emble, dismantle, take apart; break up, dismember; abolish, annihilate, demolish, destroy, devastate, eradicate, exterminate, extinguish, flatten, pulverize, raze, ruin, shatter, smash, wreck; **** up, explode

4. to come into existence <the new company formed from two smaller ones>
    Synonyms actualize, appear, arise, break, commence, dawn, engender, form, materialize, originate, set in, spring, start

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    Genesis 2:8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Genesis 2:19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof

Saxon

You haven't proved one thing as far as God needing to use the Godless theory of evolution.

alanmolstad

Post 258
    Am I right?

Saxon

You haven't proved anything and post 258 is meaningless. Evolution is not teaching the Bible creation and the Bible certainly is not in any form of agreement with evolution. You are in obvious error.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I
    (because if you say "no" then I'm going to straight-away demand you post the verse that lists the ending to the 7th day)
    Am I right or wrong?

alanmolstad

I

the YEC teacher says LIGHT was the first thing created. ...II say it's the heavens. .....who is right?
    Heavens or light ???

Saxon

You are wrong. The ending of the 7th day or the non-ending of the 7th day has nothing to do with it. Evolution is a theory that has not been proven to be true. Evolution is a theory that is contrary to the Bible. The bible is true and tells a different direction of the earth and its creation than evolution. If you try to combine the two the result is the same as oil and water, they do not mix.

Saxon

Heavens or light ???
    Genesis was written by Moses and God is revealing to him what he had done. Genesis 1:1 is a blanket statement of what God had done. God created the heaven and the Earth. From verse 2 forward tells us the order of events of the rest of the 6 days

Verse 2 states that the Earth was in darkness. The earth was there before the light of any kind was exposed to the earth. The light that was before the sun and the moon that was created on the fourth day was there after the earth.

The first day there was no sun, no moon or any lights until the fourth day. (See Genesis 1:14 to 17) Only the light of God.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
    Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
    Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
    Genesis 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
    Genesis 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
    Genesis 1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
    Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
    Genesis 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
    Genesis 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
    Genesis 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

alanmolstad

Im not asking for your interpretation of what the Bible is saying,,,,,

Im just asking, what does the Bible list as the first thing God created "In the beginning"?

Saxon

Read what I have quoted from the Bible and tell me that it is not as I have stated. I told you what was created first. The Earth was before the light.

Saxon

I did not interpret, I told you what it said and left the scripture there for you to read. it is obvious that you would rather read the unfounded evolution theory and ignore the truth of scripture.

alanmolstad

What does the bible list as the first thing god created "in the beginning? "

alanmolstad

What does the bible list as the first thing god created "in the beginning? "

.......too hard?

Saxon

.......too hard?
    Read it and figure it out for yourself if it isn't too hard!

Genesis 1:1 is a blanket statement of what God had done. God created the heaven and the Earth. From verse 2 forward tells us the order of events of the rest of the 6 days

Verse 2 states that the Earth was in darkness. The earth was there before the light of any kind was exposed to the earth. The light that was before the sun and the moon that was created on the fourth day was there after the earth.

The first day there was no sun, no moon or any lights until the fourth day. (See Genesis 1:14 to 17) Only the light of God.

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
    Genesis 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
    Genesis 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
    Genesis 1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
    Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
    Genesis 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
    Genesis 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

alanmolstad

What is the first thing listed in the Bible that God created "In the beginning"?

Saxon

Genesis 1:1 is a blanket statement of what God had done. God created the heaven and the Earth. From verse 2 forward tells us the order of events of the rest of the 6 days The first thing that was created was the Day Night effect.

alanmolstad

What is the first thing listed in the Bible that God created "In the beginning"?
    still no answer?.....

Saxon

I have answered. you don't seem to want to reply. But that is no surprise. Your record with me is that you get backed into a corner and you refuse to answer and expect me to feel bad because you come back with your uneducated response of, "Still can't answer" when you know that I did answer. Grow up to mach your almost 60 years.

alanmolstad

I have answered. you don't seem to want to reply. But that is no surprise. Your record with me is that you get backed into a corner and you refuse to answer and expect me to feel bad because you come back with your uneducated response of, "Still can't answer" when you know that I did answer. Grow up to mach your almost 60 years.
    What does the Bible list as the very first thing God created "In the beginning"?

Saxon

I gave my answer. You should respond to it, not repeat the question.

alanmolstad

I gave my answer. You should respond to it, not repeat the question.

What is the very first thing the Bible lists that God created "In the beginning"?

Was it trees?

Saxon

I have answered. You respond to the answer, don't ask the same question. Refer to the first time I answered the question and then respond to the answer. that is how a discussion works.
    Last edited by Saxon; 08-24-2015 at 06:16 PM.