Quote Originally Posted by RGS View Post
Vlad you just pile one lie on top of another. It is a waste of time to talk to a person such as yourself that has no understanding.
I have more understanding that you do. I knew - for instance - that Protestants translate Ignatius the same way as Catholics do. You, lacking understanding, falsely implied that Catholics got it wrong. What does that say about you?

You said: "There is no such oath nor has any Catholic ever taken it. Anti-Catholics blaspheme God every time they attack His Catholic Church. That's what you do RGS. And remember, you were wrong about Ignatius."
I was not wrong about Ignatius and I have not accused Catholics in general from taking such an oath. But there are those who do take such oaths. And you have refused to answer the question. Why not just lie and say you haven't? Also, there is no such thing as blaspheming a church, any church. You reveal that your RCC is your god.
Boy, how many errors did you make there? Let's count them:

1) You were wrong about Ignatius (translation; Eucharist, etc.).
2) No Catholic takes any such oath.
3) I did answer the question: I said no such oath exists and no Catholic takes it. Since it doesn't exist and I am Catholic that answer should have been clear to you. Apparently you are just as much a sciolist with English ad you are with Christianity.
4) The Church is Christ's Body and Bride. When you blaspheme against it, you blaspheme Christ. Thus, we see your understanding of the Bible and Christianity is so poor, so illiterate, that you are apparently completely unaware of Colossians 1:24 or that Christ gave Himself up for the sake of the Church (Ephesians 5:25).

And, if you really knew scripture, you would know about 1 Timothy 1:12-14. Read it closely. St. Paul admits that he was once not only a violent man and a persecutor but a blasphemer. He was those things all at the same time: as he persecuted the Catholic Church. His blasphemy was against Christ and as Christ Himself pointed out, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"
And look at Acts 26:11: "Many a time I went from one synagogue to another to have them punished, and I tried to force them to blaspheme. In my obsession against them, I even went to foreign cities to persecute them."

And yet you wrote: "Also, there is no such thing as blaspheming a church, any church. You reveal that your RCC is your god."

You are clearly implying only God can be blasphemed. In a certain sense that's true, but then again the same word is used to mean slander against holy things or saints. The two are even tied togther by scripture: Rev. 13:6: "He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven."

1. (Christian Religious Writings / Theology) (tr) to show contempt or disrespect for (God, a divine being, or sacred things), esp in speech
2. (Christian Religious Writings / Theology) (intr) to utter profanities, curses, or impious expressions
[from Late Latin blasphēmāre, from Greek blasphēmein from blasphēmos blasphemous]
blasphemer n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 6th Edition 2003. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

1. To speak of (God or a sacred en***y) in an irreverent, impious manner.
2. To revile; execrate.
v.intr.
To speak blasphemy.

[Middle English blasfemen, from Old French blasfemer, from Late Latin blasphmre, from Greek blasphmein, from blasphmos, evil-speaking, blasphemous; see bh-2 in Indo-European roots.]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Even St. Paul said that he was blasphemed in the sense of slandered in 1 Corinthians 4:13.

But, of course, you probably never saw that verse either.