Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: I've been visiting a few Christian boards...

Ma'am

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I think I know why they've never heard.

"Mormonism creates a situation where potential converts of Mormonism do not have a fair chance to properly ***ess the ultimate teachings of Mormonism before deciding to join the LDS Church." -Hick Preacher

Until you get straight up honest and forthcoming regarding the details of your "church," people will always view you suspiciously.
    From what I have read, missionaries don't give potential converts the more bizarre doctrines of the LDS--they find out about it if and when they join the LDS and are baptized and then start to get really involved in the church and its many activities. Most are shocked at the more ridiculous doctrines, like the ones you mention on here.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    From what I have read, missionaries don't give potential converts the more bizarre doctrines of the LDS--they find out about it if and when they join the LDS and are baptized and then start to get really involved in the church and its many activities. Most are shocked at the more ridiculous doctrines, like the ones you mention on here.
    It is called milk before meat, or lets brainwash them first!

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    How is that different from the traditional christian process of initially telling them "Just believe that Jesus died for your sins, and voila, you're saved!" and then later giving them the bad news about the fine print that goes "Oh, and by the way, you also need to believe that Jesus isn't a being, He, His Father, and the Holy Spirit are, all together, a being called The Trinity, which great minds have vainly tried, over the centuries, to actually explain....but if you don't believe this about Jesus, then you can't be saved, just thought you should know...." ?

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    How is that different from the traditional christian process of initially telling them "Just believe that Jesus died for your sins, and voila, you're saved!" and then later giving them the bad news about the fine print that goes "Oh, and by the way, you also need to believe that Jesus isn't a being, He, His Father, and the Holy Spirit are, all together, a being called The Trinity, which great minds have vainly tried, over the centuries, to actually explain....but if you don't believe this about Jesus, then you can't be saved, just thought you should know...." ?
    It is all about believing in Jesus, however we are not talking about your Gardner.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Posted a few pages from Mormon Doctrine, Gospel Principles, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph, Achieving a Celestial Marriage, and even some pages from LDS.org, thanks to LDS posters here.

Just wanted to say, "Thank You!"

Christians around the world had no idea that:

Jesus is the brother of Satan.

God is married.

Tokens are required for eternal life.

Mormons believe they'll become Gods over their own planet(s).

Etc.

P.S. Why do you think they've never heard?

It truly is good that from time to time we keep in mind that not everyone knows all the stuff a person should know about the world of the CULTS...
    Except for when Mitt runs for President we don't hear too much about the Mormon teaching that Jesus and Satan are brothers.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Is your claim that Paul brainwashed those whom he preached to?

1 Corinthians 3:2----King James Version (KJV)
    2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Default They are word-game Christians only

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Joseph Smith
    "the fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it."

I guess that means we are Christian and anything else about our religion is none of your business... Right?

Wait for it...... Wait for it.....

LET THE BACK-PEDALING BEGIN!
    Your joey smith also tells us that YOUR 'jesus' is a spirit-brother of satan. The Jesus of another cult is just an 'idea of God.'

Following false prophets and false christs will get you only into the pits of ****.

Jesus told us:

Matt 24:24-25
    24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
    NKJV

Following false christs and false prophets does not make you "real" Christians. It just makes you 'word-game' christians.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    [B][COLOR=#0000ff]Your joey smith also tells us that YOUR 'jesus' is a spirit-brother of satan.
    Jesus confirmed that spirits share the same Father as He does:

John 20:17---King James Version (KJV)
    17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, [B]I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.[B]

If you believe there are any spirits that God the Father is not the Father of--please identify the other God who might be.

The scriptures have God the Father as the Father of all spirits--that includes satan, mankind's spirit--and Christ's Spirit:

Hebrews 12:9--King James Version (KJV)
    9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

If you have any exceptions to that--please let us know.

alanmolstad

Jesus is God Almighty
    The Deity is eternal, without beginning, without ending...

The human nature of Jesus was his in the womb of Mary.

All things were made by Jesus...all things, not all other things.

All things were made by Jesus.

Within his human nature Jesus is our brother...

Within his divine nature Jesus is always God almighty the creator of all things.

Default Pot calling kettle black. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    This line is hilarious coming from a guy who won't even divulge the name of his "church."
    And YOUR ward is. . .?????. . .

Is the 'guy' you refer to. . .YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by Compinche View Post
    Well, I don't know about you, but I'm feelin' the love.

I believe that is called 'tough love,' the kind you give when you spank a child for running out into the street without looking for cars. . .

Prov 13:24
    24 He who spares his rod hates his son,
    But he who loves him disciplines him promptly.
    NKJV

Don't you believe in disciplining your children when their (eternal) lives are at stake?

Or haven't you come out of that room in your mommy's basement yet to marry and HAVE children?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    And YOUR ward is. . .?????. . .
    None of your business.

Is the 'guy' you refer to. . .YOU?
    Nope. Watch this:

The name of my church is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
    The name of yours is ...?

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Within his human nature Jesus is our brother...

Within his divine nature Jesus is always God almighty the creator of all things.
    Jesus was not referring to His human nature when He testified to this truth:

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Jesus was not referring to His human nature when He testified to this truth:

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
    yes he was....

The Father is the God that Jesus prayed to and had to rely on for all that he did....just as I do.

Jesus shares in our human-ness.

If Jesus did not share with us this in common, then his resurrection would not be a guide for our own.

But the Bible tells us that as God raised Jesus from the dead, so to he will cause my mortal dead body to be raised...
    The resurrection of Jesus is my guide to my own one day....

So when Jesus talked about going to the Father, it shows me what I will do too one day...

For at the resurrection I will rise up out of the grave, and go up to be with the Lord in the air just as Jesus did!

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post Jesus was not referring to His human nature when He testified to this truth:

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    yes he was....
    Please do explain for us how man shares the same Father with Jesus in the flesh--when Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son, IE--He was the only man ever born to this earth with a earthly mother--and a Heavenly Father, as to the flesh--in the natural birth.

That is one thing which made Him unique, as to the flesh.

Jesus did not share the same Father as mankind--as to the fleshly natural birth--all other men had earthly fathers--Jesus Christ had a heavenly Father, as to His natural flesh birth here on this earth.

John 1:14---King James Version (KJV)
    14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Please do explain for us how man shares the same Father with Jesus in the flesh--when Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son, IE--He was the only man ever born to this earth with a earthly mother--and a Heavenly Father, as to the flesh--in the natural birth.

Jesus is both God and Man.

Jesus is fully 100% God Almighty|
    Jesus is fully 100% human.

Thus you have your answer.
    From the scriptures we see that Jesus is as human as I am......and being in very nature Jesus is as much God as the Father is God.

So the two totally different natures are at work within the person of Jesus.

So Jesus is not a half-breed

Jesus is not 50% human and 50% a god.....

Jesus is not the result of a divine being having sexual union with a human female.

He is 100% human...and 100% God almighty...