Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I've been visiting a few Christian boards...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Russ

Default I've been visiting a few Christian boards...

Posted a few pages from Mormon Doctrine, Gospel Principles, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph, Achieving a Celestial Marriage, and even some pages from LDS.org, thanks to LDS posters here.

Just wanted to say, "Thank You!"

Christians around the world had no idea that:

Jesus is the brother of Satan.

God is married.

Tokens are required for eternal life.

Mormons believe they'll become Gods over their own planet(s).

Etc.

P.S. Why do you think they've never heard?

Russ

Default I think I know

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    P.S. Why do you think they've never heard?
    I think I know why they've never heard.

"Mormonism creates a situation where potential converts of Mormonism do not have a fair chance to properly ***ess the ultimate teachings of Mormonism before deciding to join the LDS Church." -Hick Preacher

Until you get straight up honest and forthcoming regarding the details of your "church," people will always view you suspiciously.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Until you get straight up honest and forthcoming regarding the details of your "church," people will always view you suspiciously.
    This line is hilarious coming from a guy who won't even divulge the name of his "church."

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    This line is hilarious coming from a guy who won't even divulge the name of his "church."
    a person should NEVER ask about, nor tell about such things on the internet.

It's none of our business,

If a person wants to "share" go back to facebook with your friends.
    There are more than enough topics about ideas, religions and teachings to keep everyone busy.

RealFakeHair

I don't care what ward you attend nor should anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    I don't care what ward you attend nor should anyone else.
    That's great, but do you see the irony in complaining about someone supposedly not being "straight up honest and forthcoming regarding the details" of their church, while the complainer himself keeps even the name of his church a secret?

RealFakeHair

That's great, but do you see the irony in complaining about someone supposedly not being "straight up honest and forthcoming regarding the details" of their church, while the complainer himself keeps even the name of his church a secret?
    That is his business, and if he was preaching any other Gospel other than Jesus Christ, crucified, and saved by His blood through belief in Him as your personal Savior; then I will complain. Otherwise it is back to warning you and other TBMs of the gates of Hell waiting for those who believe in false mormon gods.

That is his business, and if he was preaching any other Gospel other than Jesus Christ, crucified, and saved by His blood through belief in Him as your personal Savior; then I will complain.
    Joseph Smith
    "the fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it."

I guess that means we are Christian and anything else about our religion is none of your business... Right?

Wait for it...... Wait for it.....

LET THE BACK-PEDALING BEGIN!

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Joseph Smith
    "the fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it."

I guess that means we are Christian and anything else about our religion is none of your business... Right?

Wait for it...... Wait for it.....

LET THE BACK-PEDALING BEGIN!
    The same can be said of the Moonies, but I don't think LDSinc. consider them christian.
    LDSinc. must repent of their ***ociation with Joseph Smith jr. and his many false gods, and come to the real Jesus of the Holy Bible, and then we can talk.

alanmolstad

The same can be said of the Moonies, but I don't think LDSinc. consider them christian.
    LDSinc. must repent of their ***ociation with Joseph Smith jr. and his many false gods, and come to the real Jesus of the Holy Bible, and then we can talk.
    You raise a good point.

Walter Martin used to always teach that one of the first things you have to do when sitting down and sharing the Truth is to carefully define the terms you use.

The CULTS are always attempting to try to get away with the use of Christian terms so that they sure "sound" like there is nothing wrong with their teachings.

That is why many CULTS like the Mormons, or the MOONIES will quote many things that make use of terms that Christians use to tell what is true and what is false.

We hear a Moonie say things like appear in the quote from Smith and unless you define your terms it's hard to know if the person is a good Christian believer or not?

So that is why when you define the terms a Mormon will use you see clearly that the Mormon is talking about a "Different Christ".....and a "Different god the father'
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-25-2014 at 09:55 AM.

True that!

And here is the back-pedaling...
    It isn't just about whether or not you believe in "Christ, crucified, and saved by his blood" ironically Faith Aloners always have the longest "to do list" before you can be saved.

alanmolstad

Just define your terms.....

Who is Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Just define your terms.....

Who is Jesus?
    He is the Christ, the Son of the living God.

alanmolstad

Is he the Brother of Satan?

RealFakeHair

Maybe we can get him to say, half-brother?

alanmolstad

Maybe we can get him to say, half-brother?
    >>>>>>LOL

How about 2nd kissing-cousin on his uncle's-friend's next door neighbors hairdresser's school lunchroom floor monitor?

alanmolstad

Walter martin used to warn Christians all the time that the people that knock on our doors have praticed many hours to sound like us.

They use our tearms .
    They speak sentences that we speak.

But all the while that have placed a hidden meaning to all they say, , and this hidden meaning destroys the christian faith that was "once for all" given to us, and replaces it with a "False christian faith" with its "False Jesus"

I think I have a YouTube video where Walter Martin shows us how to carefully define the words we use...like..."Jesus"

Walter martin used to warn Christians all the time that the people that knock on our doors have praticed many hours to sound like us.

They use our tearms .
    They speak sentences that we speak.

But all the while that have placed a hidden meaning to all they say, , and this hidden meaning destroys the christian faith that was "once for all" given to us, and replaces it with a "False christian faith" with its "False Jesus"

I think I have a YouTube video where Walter Martin shows us how to carefully define the words we use...like..."Jesus"
    and??? Walter Martin said a whole lot of things which weren't true.

LOL.... Like I said... Faith Aloners are always trying to add extra criteria as to what you have to believe or not believe in order to join their Christian club.

alanmolstad

LOL.... Like I said... Faith Aloners are always trying to add extra criteria as to what you have to believe or not believe in order to join their Christian club.
    We are simply defining our terms the way Walter Martin taught....

This is how we should do this,

This is how you do this so you dont get mixed up....

Now....Jesus.....brother of Satan the fallen angel?.....Y-N?

alanmolstad

Y - N ?

not a trick question.
    A simple manner we have to learn if the Jesus you preach is the Jesus I want to have anything to do with....

alanmolstad

Now we can move on to what the true Jesus had to say about the path of Salvation.....once we understand that we are talking about the same Jesus that is....

As Walter Martin used to teach us, there is no point if discussing scripture and doctrine with people until you get the terms defined....

alanmolstad

see its so important that we get really pined down what people are talking about so that we don't get mixed up.

An example is that i once talked to a person and at first I felt they agreed with me...
    I said, "Jesus is the Lord"
    and they said "Amen, Jesus is the Lord"

and then i said, "There is only one God"
    and the person said "Yes there is only one God, that we have to do with"

It sure sounded right......

Now we can move on to what the true Jesus had to say about the path of Salvation.....once we understand that we are talking about the same Jesus that is....

As Walter Martin used to teach us, there is no point if discussing scripture and doctrine with people until you get the terms defined....
    Faith Aloners are funny... This whole exchange reminds me of the Looney Tunes cartoon "Fool Coverage"
    With Daffy Duck and Porky Pig.
    Porky answers the door to Daffy, a pushy insurance salesman, who tries to convince Porky to sign up for a $1 million insurance policy because of getting a simple black eye (although there's some fine print to it).

In the end, Porky is convinced that Daffy is right - the home is full of hazards (having seen all the accidents befallen Daffy), and he signs up for Daffy's policy, convinced all he has to do is get a black eye, and he'll get $1 million. Daffy, however, cackles that Porky should have looked at the fine print - the $1 million is only paid out for a black eye as a result of a stampede of wild elephants running through his house between 3:55 and 4 PM on the Fourth of July, during a hailstorm. Porky is momentarily rebuffed, until a stampede of wild elephants comes through his living room! Daffy then nervously looks at the clock - 3:57 PM. The calendar - 4 July. He sticks his head outside - hailstorm! Porky displays his new black eye and asks to be paid, but Daffy tells him that the clause said "a stampede of wild elephants and one baby zebra" (even though he made up the part about the zebra) - and just then, a baby zebra comes trampling through the room. Daffy, laid out on the floor, picks himself up to wearily proclaim: "And one baby zebra!" before p***ing out.
    No matter what I criteria I meet to get the million dollar payout (salvation in the Christian Club) ... Just like Daffy Duck, you'll just add more criteria I have to meet first.

RealFakeHair

Faith Aloners are funny... This whole exchange reminds me of the Looney Tunes cartoon "Fool Coverage"
    With Daffy Duck and Porky Pig.

No matter what I criteria I meet to get the million dollar payout (salvation in the Christian Club) ... Just like Daffy Duck, you'll just add more criteria I have to meet first.
    Okay, I have no idea what you're typing about? Man I must be dumb, dumb, dumb, de-bumb! OH, no that was South Park!