Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I've been visiting a few Christian boards...

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Until you get straight up honest and forthcoming regarding the details of your "church," people will always view you suspiciously.
    This line is hilarious coming from a guy who won't even divulge the name of his "church."

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    This line is hilarious coming from a guy who won't even divulge the name of his "church."
    a person should NEVER ask about, nor tell about such things on the internet.

It's none of our business,

If a person wants to "share" go back to facebook with your friends.
    There are more than enough topics about ideas, religions and teachings to keep everyone busy.

RealFakeHair

I don't care what ward you attend nor should anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    I don't care what ward you attend nor should anyone else.
    That's great, but do you see the irony in complaining about someone supposedly not being "straight up honest and forthcoming regarding the details" of their church, while the complainer himself keeps even the name of his church a secret?

RealFakeHair

That's great, but do you see the irony in complaining about someone supposedly not being "straight up honest and forthcoming regarding the details" of their church, while the complainer himself keeps even the name of his church a secret?
    That is his business, and if he was preaching any other Gospel other than Jesus Christ, crucified, and saved by His blood through belief in Him as your personal Savior; then I will complain. Otherwise it is back to warning you and other TBMs of the gates of Hell waiting for those who believe in false mormon gods.

alanmolstad

Your attempting to gain personal details is not something that I think the forum should allow.

I believe we should start another topic and make it very clear to every guest of this WM Forum that your actions are crossing the line, being dangerous given that this is a very open forum and there is every chance that minors are members of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Your attempting to gain personal details is not something that I think the forum should allow.
    Not interested in personal details. Read more carefully.

I see no problem with it if it is to obey the rules of the board. Do you disagree with the pointing towards errors in folks' doctrines and calling them wrong? When we do that with the lds religion's errors (and there are A BUNCH OF THEM!), you seem to whine a lot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

I see no problem with it if it is to obey the rules of the board.
    Okay, but since it isn't to obey the rules of the board (there is no rule requiring one to be a hypocrite), do you see the irony?

alanmolstad

personal items are best left off the forum......never be too quick to tell too much about yourself...nor be too trusting of people that seem a bit too interested in asking about personal things...

James Banta

Okay, but since it isn't to obey the rules of the board (there is no rule requiring one to be a hypocrite), do you see the irony?
    There is a rule about calling someone a hypocrite.. Actions may be hypocritical but people may not be refereed to as hypocrites.. Those are the rules.. Will you obey them? I commit to doing so.. IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    There is a rule about calling someone a hypocrite.. Actions may be hypocritical but people may not be refereed to as hypocrites.. Those are the rules.. Will you obey them? I commit to doing so..
    That's wonderful, but do you see the irony?

James Banta

That's wonderful, but do you see the irony?
    I see God's grace given is the process of our sanctification, but no, I don't see irony.. IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    no, I don't see irony..
    Oh, well. I'm still holding out hope that someone else out there isn't blind and got a chuckle out of it.

RealFakeHair

Oh, well. I'm still holding out hope that someone else out there isn't blind and got a chuckle out of it.
    I am blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, and I am also a hypocrite too. However my hindsight is 20/50.

That is his business, and if he was preaching any other Gospel other than Jesus Christ, crucified, and saved by His blood through belief in Him as your personal Savior; then I will complain.
    Joseph Smith
    "the fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it."

I guess that means we are Christian and anything else about our religion is none of your business... Right?

Wait for it...... Wait for it.....

LET THE BACK-PEDALING BEGIN!

James Banta

You could do it the same way that Christians are obedient to God.. We want to be faithful and sinless but we still fail (Romans 7:19). We can repent of our failures and go on and try again.. I am sorry for my failings to keep the rules of the board completely. I admit that I will fail again but as I am doing now I will. I will get up dust myself off turn from the sin and go on trying to please God in my words and actions.. That is my commitment, are you willing to do the same? There is no iron, no hypocrisy in that, there is no blindness in that unless it is you that just refuses to see.. IHS jim

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Joseph Smith
    "the fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it."

I guess that means we are Christian and anything else about our religion is none of your business... Right?

The same can be said of the Moonies, but I don't think LDSinc. consider them christian.
    LDSinc. must repent of their ***ociation with Joseph Smith jr. and his many false gods, and come to the real Jesus of the Holy Bible, and then we can talk.

alanmolstad

The same can be said of the Moonies, but I don't think LDSinc. consider them christian.
    LDSinc. must repent of their ***ociation with Joseph Smith jr. and his many false gods, and come to the real Jesus of the Holy Bible, and then we can talk.
    You raise a good point.

Walter Martin used to always teach that one of the first things you have to do when sitting down and sharing the Truth is to carefully define the terms you use.

The CULTS are always attempting to try to get away with the use of Christian terms so that they sure "sound" like there is nothing wrong with their teachings.

That is why many CULTS like the Mormons, or the MOONIES will quote many things that make use of terms that Christians use to tell what is true and what is false.

We hear a Moonie say things like appear in the quote from Smith and unless you define your terms it's hard to know if the person is a good Christian believer or not?

So that is why when you define the terms a Mormon will use you see clearly that the Mormon is talking about a "Different Christ".....and a "Different god the father'
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-25-2014 at 09:55 AM.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Joseph Smith

If that was the beginning and completion of your faith I would call you my brother. But sadly mormonism has added to that simple statement. Joseph Smith has been claimed to be the new way to God. Its prophets have said that without accepting Joseph Smith and submitting to the commandments he has given there is no salvation (Joseph Feilding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation).. Mormonism has added to the simple saving faith that is taught by Jesus and the Holy Spirit through Apostles and prophets.. Not a word of the scripture was written by any man whether they were Apostles and prophets or not.. All scripture is given through inspiration of God and is profitable for WHAT YOU BELIEVE (doctrine), for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16). Reject all the false teaching of Smith. Reject the teaching that there are three Gods for this world, reject the idea that God has a body as tangible as man's. Reject the teaching that we are saved by grace but only after ALL WE CAN DO. Accept that Jesus is God that He came among us that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven.. then you will become a child of God and be given everlasting Life by His grace.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 02-26-2014 at 08:01 AM.

True that!

And here is the back-pedaling...
    It isn't just about whether or not you believe in "Christ, crucified, and saved by his blood" ironically Faith Aloners always have the longest "to do list" before you can be saved.

alanmolstad

Just define your terms.....

Who is Jesus?

alanmolstad

and we are not saved by "faith"...

we are saved by "Grace" alone, though faith....not by works.

alanmolstad

so the key is "What do you place your faith in?"

You can't not place your faith is a false Christ and expect to gain life from it....