Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I've been visiting a few Christian boards...

alanmolstad

Is Jesus the brother of Satan?......Yes or No?

alanmolstad

I see the normal cast of posters here are checking on this topic.......

(very interesting...)

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I see the normal cast of posters here are checking on this topic.......

(very interesting...)
    All the Christians here know and trust Russ... IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    That's great, but do you see the irony in complaining about someone supposedly not being "straight up honest and forthcoming regarding the details" of their church, while the complainer himself keeps even the name of his church a secret?

Not on a forum board devoted to demonstrating the logical fallacies, biblical heresies, and lies of the mormon religion.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

Not on a forum board devoted to demonstrating the logical fallacies, biblical heresies, and lies of the mormon religion.

Yes... Understandable, because the last time he posted his church's name and beliefs, I was able to point out how the beliefs of his church contradicted everything he was preaching to us on these forums. Russ is now gun shy, or perhaps a little wiser... Best to keep what you believe a secret (or should I say sacred) lest someone will ask you to explain your contradictions, fallacies, unbiblical and heretical beliefs.

alanmolstad

you can be a member of any church and not buy-into all the teachings of that church...

I went for a time to a friend's baptist church, but I never went whole-hog into many of their teachings.

i had a girlfriend for a time who took me to her 7th Dayer church...I never once believe everything I heard was correct.

I know many Mormons who I worked with in Seattle, and they told me flat-out that they did not put any trust in many teachings of their church.....

So I think it's actually a good thing that people tend to not swallow everything they hear without thinking....(Im my Mormon friend's case it might save his soul one day, should he leave the church)

But I also believe that Russ has set a very good example, in that while on the internet and on websites such as this, there are people that are out to harm you at all times...
    They pretend to be "just curious" but really they are seeking information that they hope to turn around with and attack the person with...

Comments made in a Private Message suddenly posted on the open forum.

Comments made on one topic, used against a person on a different topic.

people who pretend to be innocent, but really they are just evil.

Some people don't even understand what they do to be evil.
    They boast with pride how they used personal information against people........they smile and giggle at the thought of sharing how they "Really nailed him " with personal information they picked up about him..

They act evil with the understanding that "their god' smiles at such evil actions....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-26-2014 at 10:05 AM.

RealFakeHair

you can be a member of any church and not buy-into all the teachings of that church...

I went for a time to a friend's baptist church, but I never went whole-hog into many of their teachings.

i had a girlfriend for a time who took me to her 7th Dayer church...I never once believe everything I heard was correct.

I know many Mormons who I worked with in Seattle, and they told me flat-out that they did not put any trust in many teachings of their church.....

So I think it's actually a good thing that people tend to not swallow everything they hear without thinking....(Im my Mormon friend's case it might save his soul one day, should he leave the church)

But I also believe that Russ has set a very good example, in that while on the internet and on websites such as this, there are people that are out to harm you at all times...
    They pretend to be "just curious" but really they are seeking information that they hope to turn around with and attack the person with...

Comments made in a Private Message suddenly posted on the open forum.

Comments made on one topic, used against a person on a different topic.

people who pretend to be innocent, but really they are just evil.
    Here is a head scratcher; there are many mormons who are saved and many baptist who are not.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Here is a head scratcher; there are many mormons who are saved and many baptist who are not.
    Walter Martin was once asked during his show, "Can a Mormon be saved?"

Guess what his answer was________?

RealFakeHair

Walter Martin was once asked during his show, "Can a Mormon be saved?"

Guess what his answer was________?
    A. yes, B. no. C. maybe, and D. well it all depends.

alanmolstad

RealFakeHair

I hope you are not holding your breath waiting on the answer?

alanmolstad

I hope you are not holding your breath waiting on the answer?
    It's all related....

Martin was dealing with the same issue too in his answer.

RealFakeHair

It's all related....

Martin was dealing with the same issue too in his answer.
    Correct, I hate to think I had a brother who was Satan. Now as for my sisters, they were all witches.

Correct, I hate to think I had a brother who was Satan.
    Really???
    Strange comment.

Do tell.... Before you believe you were saved what exactly was the difference between you and Satan?

alanmolstad

neverending

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Really???
    Strange comment.

Do tell.... Before you believe you were saved what exactly was the difference between you and Satan?
    theway, do read 1 John 5:13. As a born again Christian, I not only believe I am saved, I also have God's promise and ***urance. Before I was saved, I was no better then Satan, for I was a sinner; as is all men. Satan knew God having been in heaven with God but yet chose to deny God and wanted to make himself like God. He made himself to be the father of all liars, he is perdition.
    I don't claim to be perfect and I am still a sinner but it was ONLY through Christ's shed blood on the cross that has given me a new life, has changed me and I am now clothed in Christ's righteousness, for I have none of my own. Unlike Mormons who MUST prove their worthiness and obey all their churches laws and ordinances and endure to the end in righteousness, Christ changed my life and now the good I do, is not because I have to do good, it is because I WANT to. In doing so, it shows the world that I am living my life for Christ and no one else.
    theway, who is righteous? Do you know anyone who can make that claim? For even telling a small, white lie is still a sin, casting a stain on one's soul.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post

theway, do read 1 John 5:13. As a born again Christian, I not only believe I am saved, I also have God's promise and ***urance. Before I was saved, I was no better then Satan, for I was a sinner; as is all men. Satan knew God having been in heaven with God but yet chose to deny God and wanted to make himself like God. He made himself to be the father of all liars, he is perdition.
    I don't claim to be perfect and I am still a sinner but it was ONLY through Christ's shed blood on the cross that has given me a new life, has changed me and I am now clothed in Christ's righteousness, for I have none of my own. Unlike Mormons who MUST prove their worthiness and obey all their churches laws and ordinances and endure to the end in righteousness, Christ changed my life and now the good I do, is not because I have to do good, it is because I WANT to. In doing so, it shows the world that I am living my life for Christ and no one else.
    theway, who is righteous? Do you know anyone who can make that claim? For even telling a small, white lie is still a sin, casting a stain on one's soul.
    The thing I find in common with former LDSinc. TBMs, Is when they come to know the (real Jesus, of the Holy Bible), and accept Him as Lord and Savior, with the understanding of the meaning of Grace vs LDSinc. Work; Then and only then is a great burden lift off their shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post

You are proving my point for me...
    You can't imply that you are somehow better than Satan because you are not related to him; when in fact spiritually, there was no difference between you and Satan. As you stated, Satan is Satan because of the CHOICES HE MADE, not because of who he was related to.

The only difference between you and him now is that you have the possibility of escaping his fate by repenting and being forgiven, Satan can not, because as you stated, he sinned in full knowledge of God, that is the unforgivable sin which even you can still commit.
    Likewise Christ is the Christ because He followed The Father in all things that was commanded of Him, He is not the Christ simply because of who He was related to (The Father)

Satan through his actions and choices, choose to have himself be disowned and disinherited. His actions in no way would reflect on Christ. Unless of course you believe Jesus is not powerful enough to reject and not give into the sinfulness of another simply because they were related somehow?

RealFakeHair

You are proving my point for me...
    You can't imply that you are somehow better than Satan because you are not related to him; when in fact spiritually, there was no difference between you and Satan. As you stated, Satan is Satan because of the CHOICES HE MADE, not because of who he was related to.

The only difference between you and him now is that you have the possibility of escaping his fate by repenting and being forgiven, Satan can not, because as you stated, he sinned in full knowledge of God, that is the unforgivable sin which even you can still commit.
    Likewise Christ is the Christ because He followed The Father in all things that was commanded of Him, He is not the Christ simply because of who He was related to (The Father)

Satan through his actions and choices, choose to have himself be disowned and disinherited. His actions in no way would reflect on Christ. Unless of course you believe Jesus is not powerful enough to reject and not give into the sinfulness of another simply because they were related somehow?
    I don't know where you get your doctrine, OOPS, yes I do; Joseph Smith jr. Imaginary mind.
    First the Holy Bible says, Satan is a Snake. Jesus is not.

I don't know where you get your doctrine, OOPS, yes I do; Joseph Smith jr. Imaginary mind.
    First the Holy Bible says, Satan is a Snake. Jesus is not.
    Satan is a Snake???

LOL, That's your comeback?
    What on earth does that even mean?

RealFakeHair

Satan is a Snake???

LOL, That's your comeback?
    What on earth does that even mean?
    I never laugh at a snake.
    Second Satan is a created being, Jesus is not.

I never laugh at a snake.
    Second Satan is a created being, Jesus is not.
    Oh no.... Let's get back to your snake revelation first.

What does "Satan is a snake" mean to you?

RealFakeHair

Oh no.... Let's get back to your snake revelation first.

What does "Satan is a snake" mean to you?
    Two things, never pick up a snake and never step on one.

Two things, never pick up a snake and never step on one.
    Done both....
    But please explain how that is even remotely related to your original reply?
    Or am I to ***ume that once again you guys are only posting useless pla***udes which have no relevance to the discussion.