Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: I've been visiting a few Christian boards...

alanmolstad

its normal to watch a question never get answered as a topic moves.....

like my question that never got answered

neverending

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Satan is a Snake???

LOL, That's your comeback?
    What on earth does that even mean?
    What Real was saying in my opinion is this, when Eve was approached by a snake and tempted to eat of the forbidden fruit, it was Satan that spoke to her. It was Satan who had taken a form of a snake who fooled Eve. So I do believe that is what Real was trying to tell you. If I am wrong then I am sure he will let us know.
    Now I do not believe any of us ever lived a spiritual life in heaven before we were born. There is nothing written in the Bible that defends that idea. If there is, please tell me but this is what it says in Zechariah 12:1, "The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him."
    Let me say this, Satan is not related to anyone! Satan was an angel, created by God along with many, many other angels, the host of heaven. Sorry but your whole post is nonsense. I am not related to Satan! And I take offense by your comment! To tell me I am related to Satan is absurd! I am a human being, Satan an angel who denied God, went against God, cast out of heaven along with a third of heaven and it is because of Satan that this world is so full of evil! The evil of many cults in the world because of men like JS who wanted power and control over others. It is such a shame that so many have fallen for this evil man and think so highly of him, higher then they think of our Savior. A man who's very life, has proven that he was far from being a godly man but a man who was self indulgent, selfish, power hungry and a liar from day one. This man who had some serious mental issues. Please wake up and see how you have been lied to and made a fool for believing in a false god and a false jesus.
    Last edited by neverending; 02-26-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    What Real was saying in my opinion is this, when Eve was approached by a snake and tempted to eat of the forbidden fruit, it was Satan that spoke to her. It was Satan who had taken a form of a snake who fooled Eve. So I do believe that is what Real was trying to tell you. If I am wrong then I am sure he will let us know.
    Now I do not believe any of us ever lived a spiritual life in heaven before we were born. There is nothing written in the Bible that defends that idea. If there is, please tell me but this is what it says in Zechariah 12:1, "The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him."
    Let me say this, Satan is not related to anyone! Satan was an angel, created by God along with many, many other angels, the host of heaven. Sorry but your whole post is nonsense. I am not related to Satan! And I take offense by your comment! To tell me I am related to Satan is absurd! I am a human being, Satan an angel who denied God, went against God, cast out of heaven along with a third of heaven and it is because of Satan that this world is so full of evil! The evil of many cults in the world because of men like JS who wanted power and control over others. It is such a shame that so many have fallen for this evil man and think so highly of him, higher then they think of our Savior. A man who's very life, has proven that he was far from being a godly man but a man who was self indulgent, selfish, power hungry and a liar from day one. This man who had some serious mental issues. Please wake up and see how you have been lied to and made a fool for believing in a false god and a false jesus.
    All I see is a lot if meaningless rambling, but you never answered anything, you only denied everything, but gave no proof other than to say "Nuh-uh!"
    And the always favorite line of AntiMormons "Joseph Smith was a bad man"

What surprises me is that you guys think this would convince me of anything except to disregard you guys as a sad bunch of Ranters.
    Last edited by theway; 02-26-2014 at 05:38 PM.

I am not related to Satan! And I take offense by your comment! To tell me I am related to Satan is absurd!
    "The lady doth protest too much methinks!"

I'm not getting it??? Why are you offended? Everybody here already admitted that there was a time when there was no difference between you two. What has changed?

neverending

"The lady doth protest too much methinks!"

I'm not getting it??? Why are you offended? Everybody here already admitted that there was a time when there was no difference between you two. What has changed?
    Who is everybody? And why wouldn't I be offended? You told me I was related to Satan!! Give me a break! And I can see that you can't comprehend the written word. You failed to tell me where in the Bible it teaches that we pre-existed. And you fail to see that that an angel is not the same as a human being, so therefore, neither can be related. No wonder the Mormons are so lost, they can't even think straight. If you are a good example of your church, you're not winning any brownie points here. So, I will wait to read who, "everybody is" and why you think that an angel and a human being are related. I am not related to Christ! What gives me any relation to him at all is through adoption.....I was adopted by him when I accepted him as my Lord and Savior.

neverending

All I see is a lot if meaningless rambling, but you never answered anything, you only denied everything, but gave no proof other than to say "Nuh-uh!"
    And the always favorite line of AntiMormons "Joseph Smith was a bad man"

What surprises me is that you guys think this would convince me of anything except to disregard you guys as a sad bunch of Ranters.
    Answer me this, is Satan and angel? Are you and I not human beings? Now, how are we related to an angel? I am very anxious to hear your answer to this question. And for your info, your comments for me are full of ramblings from a gullible man who is lost in a soul stealing cult where those who are caught up in, it will stand before God and be judged.
    Last edited by neverending; 02-26-2014 at 07:29 PM.

alanmolstad

I was going to say something at this point....but you guys dont seem to need anyone's help in this dance you got going.

Answer me this, is Satan and angel? Are you and I not human beings? Now, how are we related to an angel?
    You are confused because you are trying to relate modern interpretations of what Angels are.
    The term really never existed in the Old Testament, in the OT it mostly refered to any being of a supernatural origin such as the "Sons of God" Satan is called an Angel, but then so was Christ. Any "messenger of God" would also be called an Angel whether they were human, such as Prophets, (see Malachi 3:1) or of Spiritual origin, only since the 2nd and 3rd centuries of the Christian Era did Angels begin to denote a completely separate race of beings. I'm afraid you have fallen into believing modern constructs based on Greek philosophies and Pagan Gods.

I am very anxious to hear your answer to this question. And for your info, your comments for me are full of ramblings from a gullible man who is lost in a soul stealing cult where those who are caught up in, it will stand before God and be judged.
    I thought you guys believed that we were all born of sin therefore lost to God from the beginning. That being said, how is belonging to a "soul stealing cult" or not belonging to a "soul stealing cult" going to change anything one way or the other?
    Unless you are implying that it is UP TO ME TO CHANGE and leave the cult first? If that is what you are saying, then you are in direct contradiction to the "Faith Alone" God does it all heresy.

alanmolstad

you are implying that it is UP TO ME TO CHANGE and leave the cult first? If that is what you are saying, then you are in direct contradiction to the "Faith Alone" God does it all heresy.
    You are judged according to your response to the Light from heaven you have received.

alanmolstad

and.....

We are saved by Grace, THOUGH faith, and not by works.

There is a justification of works before men, and a justification by Faith before god.
    I cant judge your heart, so when I look at you or you look at me all we have to go on is our "works" to decide if we are truly Born Again or not.

But God looks at the heart.
    God knows from the start if we are Born Again,
    God sees our faith, for God's Grace saved us via our faith....

So once again, we are saved by what?
    .....Grace.

Saved by faith alone?
    ....no saved by Grace though faith.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    You are judged according to your response to the Light from heaven you have received.
    According to Faith Aloners the unregenerated will ALWAYS reject the Light.
    According to them, God must first force us against our will to the Light. If this is not what you personally believe, then WELCOME TO THE CONTRADICTORY WORLD OF MODERN CHRISTIANITY.

You failed to tell me where in the Bible it teaches that we pre-existed.
    Anytime you see the word Messiah.

alanmolstad

According to Faith Aloners the unregenerated will ALWAYS reject the Light.
    Yes, if a person dies lost it is only because of one reason....That reason is they have rejected the Light from heaven they received every day of their lives...

And, in a very real way, this forum is such Light too......

alanmolstad

According to them, God must first force us against our will to the Light. .

This is incorrect .
    God is a gentleman,
    God does not kick-in the door of our hearts, rather He stands at the door and knocks.

Yes, if a person dies lost it is only because of one reason....That reason is they have rejected the Light from heaven they received every day of their lives...

And, in a very real way, this forum is such Light too......
    Once again you haven't solved your paradox, you simply choose to ignore it.
    Unless you can tell me how one becomes regenerated so that I am now able to receive the Light?

alanmolstad

this is the problem many have with attempting to understand how Christians believe.

Many who reject the Christian faith do so because they simply dont get a part of it due to it being looked at from a different point of view.

There are two correct ways to look at my own salvation...My way, and god's way.
    Both ways are correct.
    Both ways sound very different however.

Lets look at my salvation from my point of view first-
    I dont know the future.
    My future is not set down in stone.
    The future is always unknown.
    I was not saved for many years of my life...
    Then one day I gave my life to the Lord, and on that moment I p***ed from death to life.

In the next post we will look at the same event from God's point of view
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-27-2014 at 07:43 AM.

alanmolstad

Now we are going to look at my salvation from God's point of view...

God knows all things.
    God knows my future from before the Big bang.
    God always knew I was saved....
    Nothing is an accident to God
    My salvation was always God's plan....
    My salvation was never in doubt....it was always 100% true from the beginning.
    God did not leave even the slightest thing in doubt or up to me to decided one way or the other...
    From God's point of view, my salvation was all His work....

alanmolstad

Unless you can tell me how one becomes regenerated so that I am now able to receive the Light?
    ask a question.....thats how you learn and how I understand what you wanted to know...
    after all, you would not be here in the first place except God willed it for you...

This is incorrect .
    God is a gentleman,
    God does not kick-in the door of our hearts, rather He stands at the door and knocks.
    Then you are not a true Faith Alone believer, or a "God does it all" believier. At least that's a step in the right direction.

Now we are going to look at my salvation from God's point of view...

God knows all things.
    God knows my future from before the Big bang.
    God always knew I was saved....
    Nothing is an accident to God
    My salvation was always God's plan....
    My salvation was never in doubt....it was always 100% true from the beginning.
    God did not leave even the slightest thing in doubt or up to me to decided one way or the other...
    From God's point of view, my salvation was all His work....
    Oh no!
    Now you are back to believing in your paradox... You can not have it both ways.

If God saved me before I did anything and before I was born, then NOTHING I DO OR BELIEVE WILL HAVE ANY AFFECT ON ME ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

If I choose to believe in a heretical cult, then so what? That will not make me any more saved or ****ed than I already am.
    If I do not to choose to follow the light, then so what? That will not make me all of the sudden saved or ****ed either.

Do you see the silly paradox you have painted yourself into? in your theology NOTHING WE DO MATTERS!

Likewise NOTHING WE BELIEVE MATTERS EITHER!
    Last edited by theway; 02-27-2014 at 08:22 AM.

alanmolstad

you should ask me questions so as to go over the issue more

alanmolstad

as i said....if younlook at the question on salvation from one pointnof view you will have only halfnan understanding

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Here is a head scratcher; there are many mormons who are saved and many baptist who are not.
    No one that believes in the god that Joseph Smith invented is saved! No one that trusts their church membership, their own efforts to make themselves right with God is saved. No one that looks to priesthood, temples, or their marriage is the way to eternal live has gained that gift.. ONLY IN JESUS is there eternal life. Everything else is mere shadow of the work He did for us on the cross.. If any LDS believes even a little of Smith's fairy tale they are not saved but have replaced God's truth for a man's lies.. IHS jim

ask a question.....thats how you learn and how I understand what you wanted to know...
    after all, you would not be here in the first place except God willed it for you...
    No... Actually I am coming to believe and be shown that I am here against God's will for me.

I have been shown that there are much more important things I could be doing than wasting my time just entertaining myself with the rantings of AntiMormons. I could actually be helping people who need me and who want God's message. Those people are not here.

as i said....if younlook at the question on salvation from one pointnof view you will have only halfnan understanding
    The problem you have is that the other half contradicts the first half.
    That is why you feel the need to break up my comments into two parts, pretending that if you do not see them together then they will not contradict each other.