Thread: Robert Sungenis Vs. James White

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Illya_Kuryakin

Default Robert Sungenis Vs. James White

Robert Sungenis will be debated James White in the issue of Calvinism.

http://www.catholicintl.com/CalvinismDebate.pdf

This should be a decent debate although White usually doesn't fair that well with Sungenis on the issue of justification.

Since Calvinism is such a radical departure from the New Testament and Robert Sungenis was previously a Calvinist who graduated from Westiminster Seminary this should be good. The bad thing is that James White usually resorts to ad-hominem which ends up making the debate a joke.

Illya

tealblue

I was under the impression that white refused to debate sungenis. White is not too kind to Catholic types. Along the lines of Matt Slick. I am looking forward to this one

Illya_Kuryakin

Quote Originally Posted by tealblue View Post
    I was under the impression that white refused to debate sungenis. White is not too kind to Catholic types. Along the lines of Matt Slick. I am looking forward to this one

White has debated Sungenis before and out of all honesty Sungenis has faired the best with White. In all honestly I have rarely seen Catholic or Protestant beat him in a debate. The only two that come to mind are Bart Erhman on textual criticism in which White really got his clock cleaned, and Sungenis where White definately had a toughter time.

Everyone else White has pretty much clear won a given debate. Unfortunately I find that most people who take up apologetics whether Catholic or Protestant are not that good.

I do think that Sungenis is really going to beat him in this debate.

Illya

alanmolstad

I should try to find a review of how this went...

alanmolstad

an interesting forum that followed the flow...

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=494257

alanmolstad

worst video response I have ever heard....
    actually it was hard to hear what the guy was saying at all!
    I think the guy decided to put the mic-recorder on the ther side of the room for some reason, and then he talks like he has some **** in his mouth at the same time.

and what the heck is that clicking in the background??????
    Is he recording this in the laundry room ?

alanmolstad

in my research of this situation I became aware of a guy named "James White"....and Im starting to think this guy has kinda crossed over a line with his own sister and their disagreements.

http://vintage.aomin.org/Luke1251.html

I just think that as I read what James was telling the whole world about his sister that..."a brother should not be saying that stuff"