Thread: who gets justice and who doesn't?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    archaeologist

It may be the most difficult for those whom our natural reaction is shock, and anger, and tendency toward violent retribution.

It is exactly in these cases that the need for the restraint of justice - as opposed to retributive vengeance - is most needed.
    well you would be hated and vilified in this country for such an at***ude. I was when i publically stated that even pedophiles deserved justice and if they didn't receive it, no one had it.

that hatred would have come from americans and canadians who live here.

asdf

Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist View Post
    well you would be hated and vilified in this country for such an at***ude. I was when i publically stated that even pedophiles deserved justice and if they didn't receive it, no one had it.

that hatred would have come from americans and canadians who live here.
    Yes, it's still a controversial position here in the U.S. too, unfortunately. Which is kind of strange, because having the punishment fit the crime, and guaranteeing equal justice under the law, are foundational values that have always been a part of U.S. law.

What country are you in?

archaeologist

Yes, it's still a controversial position here in the U.S. too, unfortunately. Which is kind of strange, because having the punishment fit the crime, and guaranteeing equal justice under the law, are foundational values that have always been a part of U.S. law.

What country are you in?
    you would think so but even in america that ideal is not honored nor adhered to unless you have lots of money.

sorry but i do not post personal information on the internet. it may seem harmless to you but it is a policy i have had to maintain for a variety of reasons.