Thread: who gets justice and who doesn't?

archaeologist

Default who gets justice and who doesn't?

simple question which demands a simple answer.

when someone does wrong, no matter what the crime, who deserves to be treated justly and whose crime deprives them of any form of justice?

asdf

Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist View Post
    simple question which demands a simple answer.

when someone does wrong, no matter what the crime, who deserves to be treated justly and whose crime deprives them of any form of justice?
    I believe that no one is exempt from being treated justly, from millionaires to paupers, from presidents to terrorists.

archaeologist

I believe that no one is exempt from being treated justly, from millionaires to paupers, from presidents to terrorists.
    what about pedophiles and rapists?

asdf

what about pedophiles and rapists?
    It may be the most difficult for those whom our natural reaction is shock, and anger, and tendency toward violent retribution.

It is exactly in these cases that the need for the restraint of justice - as opposed to retributive vengeance - is most needed.

archaeologist

It may be the most difficult for those whom our natural reaction is shock, and anger, and tendency toward violent retribution.

It is exactly in these cases that the need for the restraint of justice - as opposed to retributive vengeance - is most needed.
    well you would be hated and vilified in this country for such an at***ude. I was when i publically stated that even pedophiles deserved justice and if they didn't receive it, no one had it.

that hatred would have come from americans and canadians who live here.

asdf

well you would be hated and vilified in this country for such an at***ude. I was when i publically stated that even pedophiles deserved justice and if they didn't receive it, no one had it.

that hatred would have come from americans and canadians who live here.
    Yes, it's still a controversial position here in the U.S. too, unfortunately. Which is kind of strange, because having the punishment fit the crime, and guaranteeing equal justice under the law, are foundational values that have always been a part of U.S. law.

What country are you in?

archaeologist

Yes, it's still a controversial position here in the U.S. too, unfortunately. Which is kind of strange, because having the punishment fit the crime, and guaranteeing equal justice under the law, are foundational values that have always been a part of U.S. law.

What country are you in?
    you would think so but even in america that ideal is not honored nor adhered to unless you have lots of money.

sorry but i do not post personal information on the internet. it may seem harmless to you but it is a policy i have had to maintain for a variety of reasons.

archaeologist

Things like this wouldn't happen if we killed them right away
    case in point , from another thread by another poster.

asdf

you would think so but even in america that ideal is not honored nor adhered to unless you have lots of money.
    There's a number of people groups who seem to "matter" less in the eyes of the government.

sorry but i do not post personal information on the internet. it may seem harmless to you but it is a policy i have had to maintain for a variety of reasons.
    Fair enough. I respect that. I just had wanted a frame of reference to the expat Canadians and Americans you mentioned.

Want to give a clue? A continent, a region, a direction? If not, no worries...

case in point , from another thread by another poster.
    Yes, I saw that. It was very disturbing.

Shalom,
    asdf

archaeologist

There's a number of people groups who seem to "matter" less in the eyes of the government.
    and in these situations it seems that womenare believed, without proof, over men without question. if they weren't then organizations like 'project innocent' would not exist, as they fight to free men who have been incarcerated and were innocent of the crime.

Yes, I saw that. It was very disturbing.
    that thought is very much the same here by the north americans, yet if their standards were applied to them, theywould be the first to whine and complain.

asdf

and in these situations it seems that womenare believed, without proof, over men without question. if they weren't then organizations like 'project innocent' would not exist, as they fight to free men who have been incarcerated and were innocent of the crime.
    I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. That doesn't seem to be the case from what I've seen - more often I've seen women shamed and attacked for daring to make accusations int he first place.

that thought is very much the same here by the north americans, yet if their standards were applied to them, theywould be the first to whine and complain.
    Certainly! The presumption of innocence until proven guilty, habeus corpus, and due process are very nice when applied to me, but are all too easy to give up in terms of the scary, evil "other".

archaeologist

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. That doesn't seem to be the case from what I've seen - more often I've seen women shamed and attacked for daring to make accusations int he first place.
    the reports are in the newspapers when these innocent men are freed, maybe it isn't as widespread as it seems but it does happen and gives the impression that women just have to say the word and the man goes away.

The presumption of innocence until proven guilty, habeus corpus, and due process are very nice when applied to me, but are all too easy to give up in terms of the scary, evil "other".
    try mentioning it ot those who advocate harsh punishment for offenders and they do not care nor change their a***ude. they let hate control their judgment.

alanmolstad

It is correct that men do not receive an equal footing in the American justice system if they go up against a women prepared to lie.

The man will face the reality of being guilty, and even if proved later to be not-guilty the man will still face a society that will treat him as guilty regardless of the outcome of the trial.

alanmolstad

One of the things that is totally unfair is that i have seen men arrested for a crime, then in a trial proved to be not guilty and that the charges against them were totally invented, and yet the person who caused all of this trouble gets off with nothing, or little to nothing.

I thing that if a man is arrested for something he did not do via dreamed-up charges, that the person who is at fault should face time in jail equal to what the man had faced had he been guilty.

alanmolstad

posted above in 2014.....its now 2017....and things are yet the same.

I am convinced that the boomerang law operates in the universe. Everyone gets what they deserve.

I wish that were always true...

sometimes I see people not get away with stuff...but most of the time evil triumphs