Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
Is this a serious question?
---It is as serious as your claim that it's impossible for God to have children was. What happened to "With God, all things are possible" ?

Jesus was/is God.
---Well then, Quiz time: Has it NEVER been possible for JESUS to have children?
a) yes, it's never been possible
b) no, the possibility has existed

His Spirit was not created or begotten.
--But His Father IS the Father of SPIRITS, acc. to the Bible. Plus you have His statements in the Bible saying that He IS God's Son, and He never uses the word "ADOPTED" in there as a qualifier. Funny how some people waste no time taking "I and my Father are one" literally, but when it comes to Jesus being the Son of God, all of a sudden it's "No, that's impossible, God can't have sons, Jesus must have meant that metaphorically."

You also need to take note that he was the ONLY begotten Son of God (and that does not mean begotten in the same way you and I were).
---If God has one begotten son, then that refutes the idea that having a son is an impossibility for Him. And how do YOU know what the word "begotten" was intended ---and NOT intended --to mean by the NT authors?

I disagree. God is not deficient in any way.
---If it's not evil to have kids, and if humans can have kids, and if God CAN'T have kids, then God gave humans abilities that He Himself does not have, which is really illogical if you think about it.

As I said, all good things come from God, including the ability to pro-create.
---Great, you admit that procreation is a GOOD THING and that it is a God-given ability. So how can you believe that God is INCAPABLE of doing a good thing that He knew how to enable HUMANS to?? Makes no sense, just like much of "traditional Christian dogma" because it evolved during the supers***ious Dark Ages..

The fact that He is above the need for some of it, certainly doesn't make Him less.
---The issue is not what God NEEDS. It's what He is ABLE to do.

Well, I would have to agree with her, in some respects, as I bore three children of my own. But, you are overstepping my point (you do that a lot),
---I ****YZE your point and take it to its conclusion, which is something many people are afraid to do by themselves. I am just a "helper" in that dept.

which is...without God we are nothing/non-existent.. and we have nothing, to which He cannot lay claim.
---Including our EVIL? You said there's NOTHING we have that He can't claim as His. Anyhow, your point is irrelevant since without YOUR parents, YOU wouldn't be here, yet that doesn't prove that your parents lacked any abilities that they gave to YOU, including your ability to procreate.